Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Kinda Surprised this board is not FILLED with Update 44 PVP makeover Chatter

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not even play PVP and I am excited to learn about the complete PVP Makeover that may be coming! I actually may try PVP if it's a really cool update!

Go ZOS!!

Probably most of their time is going to get taken up with spell crafting.

Hopefully soon they consider investing in something like this, but not just for PvP. Game is still good, but even an old car could use a fresh coat of paint from time to time.
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    The comments about Cyrodiil, geez. You have to wait in the queue to be able to play anytime between 18:00 - 23:00. And there are no performance issues in Cyrodiil, it plays just fine in 3 faction 100 men keep fights at prime time. If it looks like there is lag, etc. it is because of your own CPU cant handle everything going on, i can assure you that. I really dont get the comments here. Cyrodiil is fun, and combat there makes sense, if you understand the dynamics enough. Skill ceiling is high, better players always win against worse and there are not really cheese or carries there. I am having a hard time to understand negative comments about Cyrodiil, because i am there 2-3 hours a day, almost every day, and playing with different classes and most of the time solo, and it plays good. One of the most challenging and skillful PvP scene you can find in online games. And you dont have to kill everyone in the field, when you see a coordinated 12-man group, or a 40k hp StamDK just go 5m away from them and that problem is solved.

Why would you need new content in PvP? PvP has new content in every fight, in every interaction, the new content are other players all the time, that is the beauty of it. I am playing same Cyrodiil since 2016 and same Ultima Online since 2000, and still having a blast every time, thinking about what new challenges and adventures i am going to have that day and how i can further improve my build. And i get to know a lot of other players every day, that feels like me. With every update, our PvP gets a major update, as well with all the new armor sets, and skills that you can try in your build.
    Edited by albertberku on 29 August 2024 14:55
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what I actually know, its just a BG rework / additon
  • Bammlschwamml
    Bammlschwamml
    ✭✭✭
    And there are no performance issues in Cyrodiil, it plays just fine in 3 faction 100 men keep fights at prime time. If it looks like there is lag, etc. it is because of your own CPU cant handle everything going on, i can assure you that...

Yes, the server hardware refresh gave my CPU a lot of extra power... /s
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t believe there are many players in this game who are playing 4-6 hours/day of BGs….that sounds miserable.

Actually I played BGs over 8 hours per day when there was a Deathmatch queue. 2-3 hours in the morning and 6 hours at night. Deathmatch was great. I saw many of the same players so I know there are some that play BGs 4-6+ hours/day. With Update 44 I think there will be many players.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 29 August 2024 20:02
    PC NA
  • RomanRex
    RomanRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. it will be a let down.
    2. it will be more of a let down if you write about or anticipate it.
  • Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we get two team battlegrounds that are easier to balance sides. Hopefully there will be fancy bling rewards to draw in casuals.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the only BG-related update I’d be happy about is having the ability to queue for Deathmatch only again. I’d play BGs more often if I wasn’t forced to play boring game modes I can’t stand.
    Edited by Aurielle on 29 August 2024 19:57
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭

Very funny joke, but it is not either apples or bananas, there are several reasons, why the game could perform badly. Servers are updated, and now there are no problems server side. There used to be. Now, if anyone has problems, they seriously need to check their CPU, as in MMOs it is the most important part of the hardware that bottlenecks own PC performance. And if it looks like game has lag, at the moment servers are not the problem. I dont know why every time everything needs to be ELI5 explained. I write the simple facts about how PCs and online gaming work, which can also be found with a fast google search. Not like there is a discussion about it, they are simply the facts.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is where the majority of the PvP player base is at and if all we primarily get is something to do with Battlegrounds then the PvP update will be just as big of a letdown as the Housing update before it.
    Edited by Twohothardware on 29 August 2024 23:18
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from what I actually know, its just a BG rework / additon

Some people don’t want to know what the Dwarves of Moria dug up, probably also why no one is talking about it cuz someone will find the Balrog… man. Don’t spoil things, I wanted to find out from ZOS… not Dwarves.

• Bammlschwamml
    Bammlschwamml
    ✭✭✭
    Servers are updated, and now there are no problems server side. [...] Not like there is a discussion about it, they are simply the facts.

So they could just raise the pop cap in Cyro? Nice!

Maybe you should take a look at discussions like this one:
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there are no performance issues in Cyrodiil, it plays just fine in 3 faction 100 men keep fights at prime time. If it looks like there is lag, etc. it is because of your own CPU cant handle everything going on, i can assure you that.

Ask the majority of the playerbase that has performance issues if Cyrodiil is just fine like you say. What a lie...🙄

The ps5 can handle a lot of stuff going on in other multiplayer games with no issues. If you think it isn't ESO servers that is the issue then you you're just spewing nonsense.

• GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS is going for BG rework, I would really appreciate if they changed the random BGs into synchronized stats BGs for level 10-50, no need to worry about gears and builds, just have fun playing BGs.

To compensate the competitive group, they should add a Ranked BG queue where gear and build would be a factor and players would be ranked and get reward at the end of the month.
  • Major_Mangle
    Major_Mangle
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally very excited for the rumoured 4v4 ranked battleground mode (in addition to the 8v8). Hopefully the ranked 4v4 will be a group queue so orginized groups can finally fight more competitively against eachother.
    Edited by Major_Mangle on 30 August 2024 05:56
    Ps4 EU 2016-2020
    PC/EU: 2020 -
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=7504965
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a lot of BGs and this is my preffered PvP mode so I am really looking forward to the new update. I just dont want to be disappointed.

Any mode different from DM should be 2 teams and actually DM works very well as 3 teams because that mode without a third team will remove any tactical play and it will be just raw comparison between both teams and most of the time is very clear who is the better team.

Now with the modes is so annoying, most of the ppl treat any mode as DM mode and this is annoying for anyone who want to play objectives.

We need also a proper grouping, max one healer per mode. Then the heal stacking from vigor, regeneration, etc is a problem for all PvP modes not only for BGs.
    Because I can!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    I play a lot of BGs and this is my preffered PvP mode so I am really looking forward to the new update. I just dont want to be disappointed.

Any mode different from DM should be 2 teams and actually DM works very well as 3 teams because that mode without a third team will remove any tactical play and it will be just raw comparison between both teams and most of the time is very clear who is the better team.

Now with the modes is so annoying, most of the ppl treat any mode as DM mode and this is annoying for anyone who want to play objectives.

We need also a proper grouping, max one healer per mode. Then the heal stacking from vigor, regeneration, etc is a problem for all PvP modes not only for BGs.

I think the solution to players treating every match as DM is to bring back the option to queue for DM only. I usually try to play the objective when I get those boring objective matches, but if I truly wanted to sit on a flag uncontested, I’d play as a DC character on Ravenwatch. I honestly just leave the match when certain modes pop up. I’d rather take a five minute penalty than waste my time for fifteen minutes on Capture the Relic
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RomanRex wrote: »
    1. it will be a let down.
    2. it will be more of a let down if you write about or anticipate it.
    Personally, I'm surprised (or not) that it took around 100 post for the obvious to reveal itself.

Sleep724 wrote: »
    Maybe Zos should create a "new" zone. That being Cyrodill. Make it smaller, V shaped, updated graphics, create new objectives etc. Use the areas that are no longer being fought over for future dlc. Cast the "old" Cyrodill into the fire.

There's so many ideas that Zos could implement to improve their game and keep the open world PVP fresh. But after years of no changes or improvements, anything the players suggest or hope for seems to fall on deaf ears.
    This could resolve the 'population cap' issues. The caveat being the previous quote...

OtarTheMad wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=7504965
    Forget 'Disagree'; this is the button we need.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    So they could just raise the pop cap in Cyro? Nice!

Maybe you should take a look at discussions like this one:

Well, for me Cyrodiil plays fine and i am there quite often lately. Cant really add more to this discussion.

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very funny joke, but it is not either apples or bananas, there are several reasons, why the game could perform badly. Servers are updated, and now there are no problems server side. There used to be. Now, if anyone has problems, they seriously need to check their CPU, as in MMOs it is the most important part of the hardware that bottlenecks own PC performance. And if it looks like game has lag, at the moment servers are not the problem. I dont know why every time everything needs to be ELI5 explained. I write the simple facts about how PCs and online gaming work, which can also be found with a fast google search. Not like there is a discussion about it, they are simply the facts.

Saying something is fact doesn't actually make it a fact.

You say there are no problems server side. Fine, back up that claim.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is always someone saying that there are no problems server side, yet clearly it was acknowledged by ZOS trying to rewrite code among other things. People will continue say it, though. I'd just ignore them.

I think the game is beyond performance being the biggest issue now. The balance changes shrank, and the content added is greatly reduced. I think a lot of us think it was a change of philosophy but it might be something bigger
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on 30 August 2024 13:27
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They are not "simply the facts". The server does still hitch quite frequently. No, it's not nearly as bad as before the hardware refresh, but denying that it happens at all is ridiculous. Characters running in place for 5 seconds before rubberbanding while the client is running 100+ frames the entire time is NOT a CPU problem.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This. 3 team objective modes do not work, as it encourages avoiding any and all fights. TTK is too high in this game for 3 team objective modes to work; taking even 30 seconds to fight another team means the third can simply cap the objective unhindered.

On the other side of the coin, 3 team DM adds an extra layer. 2 team DM may still be fun, but the vast majority of games will be a steamroll.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    @tomofhyrule - I think it's because GH is the only faction locked campaign.

Bingo.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have pretty high hopes on the new pvp feature, I play more in battlegrounds then Cyrodiil when I pvp, so if the feature is battleground related thats good.

I had high hopes for Q4 last year and we got Infinite Archive which in my opinion is great especially since they keep updating it with content and rewards and thats needed to keep new systems interesting.

What will not make me interested in update 44 pvp feature is if they add a new map or 2 for battlegrounds and nothing else, that will not make me play more pvp.

Zos need to do something thats new and interesting and make people want to play the new update, new content and rewards = more players participating and for me more players participating = more fun pvp.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No love for Cyrodiil from ZOS = no love (or money) from me for ZOS.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. 3 team objective modes do not work, as it encourages avoiding any and all fights. TTK is too high in this game for 3 team objective modes to work; taking even 30 seconds to fight another team means the third can simply cap the objective unhindered.

On the other side of the coin, 3 team DM adds an extra layer. 2 team DM may still be fun, but the vast majority of games will be a steamroll.

I very much disagree. I think the 3 factions or teams opposing each other is way more balanced and dynamic than only 2 factions or teams opposing each other.
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    No love for Cyrodiil from ZOS = no love (or money) from me for ZOS.

Pretty sure the code for this game is an absolute unfixable nightmare and that is the reason they won’t bother with Cyrodiil. If ZOS had been more careful in developing this game the issue would be only a fraction of what it currently is.

Not an excuse btw! But I think the most new content Cyrodiil will ever see are some new siege items added… lag will never improve. At least not while there’s still any population left
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After review, we have decided it best to close this thread to prevent further derailment. When making threads, we ask that they be civil, constructive, and kept within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.