Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Problems that need to be fixed FAST

• Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec wrote: »

Judging by reviews of your game so far, it'll be F2P within the first 9 months easy... but if you hope to keep your core group of players, you need to make these fixes fast, or you'll lose it all.

I give it 6 months after console launch. Think about it, 3 separate account and billing environments triples their chances of just one of these 'worlds' to be under populated forcing it to go f2p. They cannot very well charge a sub in one environment and not the others now can they?

• Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daverios wrote: »

Judging by reviews of your game so far, it'll be F2P within the first 9 months easy... but if you hope to keep your core group of players, you need to make these fixes fast, or you'll lose it all.

I give it 6 months after console launch. Think about it, 3 separate account and billing environments triples their chances of just one of these 'worlds' to be under populated forcing it to go f2p. They cannot very well charge a sub in one environment and not the others now can they?

Yeah, overall I have to say the future is not looking very bright. You bring up a good point with the multiple platforms too. I wouldn't be surprised if the F2P mechanics are already being developed behind the scenes. They have to know what's coming.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 15:42
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    The opinions are strong in this OP.

I like the UI exactly as it is. What can you do about that? What if ZOS listens to me instead? huh, huh?! :)

I hate cake btw, devils food, vanilla, that nasty pink fondant covered stuff... yeah that's right - cake.
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    Rotherhans wrote: »
    4 - So death becomes meaningful because it adds a gold sink? Lol okay. Like I said, extreme lack of creativity, and a blatant WoW copy/paste that never should have made it to 2014.

You have any suggestions? All I hear are complaints.

Why don't repair costs belong? I mean...if I hit someone in the chest with a giant mace 173 times, that piece of heavy armor they are wearing is probably going to need some polishing. I understand dropping some coin to look shinny and new.

How about giving us the option to take our gear to a armor-smith/weapon-smith and pay for the repairs, or letting us do the repairs ourselves with raw crafting materials? So we would either spend time gathering the materials, or spend gold to save time. At least then you have the option to do your preferred method. If they really wanted to, Zeni could even work something in to their crafting system that could allow players to build something to assist with personal repairs. Just throwin' out ideas. Brainstorming. Snowballing. Corn dogging.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S1D3FX wrote: »
    4 - So death becomes meaningful because it adds a gold sink? Lol okay. Like I said, extreme lack of creativity, and a blatant WoW copy/paste that never should have made it to 2014.

Why don't repair costs belong? I mean...if I hit someone in the chest with a giant mace 173 times, that piece of heavy armor they are wearing is probably going to need some polishing. I understand dropping some coin to look shinny and new.

How about giving us the option to take our gear to a armor-smith/weapon-smith and pay for the repairs, or letting us do the repairs ourselves with raw crafting materials? So we would either spend time gathering the materials, or spend gold to save time. At least then you have the option to do your preferred method. If they really wanted to, Zeni could even work something in to their crafting system that could allow players to build something to assist with personal repairs. Just throwin' out ideas. Brainstorming. Snowballing. Corn dogging.

Well you can already use repair kits to fix broken stuff, not sure if it's economically viable. Sure not at low level
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    S1D3FX wrote: »

Well you can already use repair kits to fix broken stuff, not sure if it's economically viable. Sure not at low level

Didn't know that, thanks man

+1
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You buy them from backsmiths and other vendors, very useful when you are far from town and something breaks or degrades too much
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    I think the "repair it ourselves" option is enrobed in the "craft new gear" option.
    Last night I made a new pair of pants and deconstructed the damaged ones I had been wearing. Like making a new pair of jeans and cutting up the old ones for car washing rags; it's not exactly the same but the mats you'd need for repairs are used instead for construction and the mats from the old item become slightly useful fragments.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Console Platforms will be underpopulated. But I dont think it will cause Zenimax to go Free to Play.

The core of gamers will still be on PC as its where it launched first.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Aellikor wrote: »
    I hate cake btw, devils food, vanilla, that nasty pink fondant covered stuff... yeah that's right - cake.

That's amazing! 'Cause - I don't know if you noticed - cake's still around ... :)

Edited by MaxBat on 3 April 2014 16:22
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »

That's amazing! 'Cause - I don't know if you noticed - cake's still around ... :)
    I know such a shame, no one listens to me. They just do what they gonna do.

At least there is pie, oh and Apple Fritters. I love Apple Fritters, they still have fritters right?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming!

Roflcopter.gif
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with everything but #3. I am completely with Zenimax when it comes to their stance on Add On's. As for #5, chat bubbles, if it's an option I could live with it, but I doubt I would use it often/ever. I can only imagine how cluttered your screen would be around a bunch of players with tons of chat bubbles all over the screen.

Edit: Also, combat to me doesn't feel all that clunky, but then again I've only used Dual Wield and limited time with the Bow so I can't really have a complete opinion on it.
    Edited by Foxhunt on 3 April 2014 17:01
  • dmaker
    dmaker
    I agree with most of the OP. I would also like to add that not only are repairs over priced, but feeding your horse is ridiculously expensive. 250 gold?? Yikes!
  • Takanami
    Takanami
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with all your points, lets hope they see this
  • Rylanor
    Rylanor
    ✭✭
    I wish I knew the difference between clunky combat and my own rubbishness, cos I thought when I missed it was cos I hadn't aimed right, or whatever the problem is.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep trying. And again. Eat a cookie, read a wiki, I dunno, just try to relax, the frustration will only give you a headache.
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    I found the dodge roll to be really good for going back to dump your PVP "kill 20 players, powerlevel" quest, before they made it a daily. You could just stand on the wall, get ur kills, roll down to the tigers and grab a new quest.

I got it turned of becase it works so bad. Accidentally dropping from walls, no real dodge/use, stamina steal etc. This makes 2 and not only 1 of the bow passive compleatly useless :)

I also dont repair anylonger, i just go full broken or replace with Steel, madiums for the def. In fact, i agree with your post alot.
    Edited by Elixx on 3 April 2014 18:36
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some problems I've noticed that really need to be fixed FAST if ZO is wanting to keep players.

1) Clunky combat - holy hell have you tried fighting with a bow or staff lately? Especially bows. I feel like ZO decided that the power attack for ranged weapons absolutely NEEDED to take the same time to charge up as melee weapons, which leaves it feeling super clunky. Bow and staff combat is atrocious, and both looks and feels terrible, especially for a supposed AAA MMO. You couldn't come up with a better system than light/heavy attack for bows and staves? Makes no sense to copy melee combat with these weapon types. Being an archer IRL, I can nock an arrow, do a full draw (heavy attack), and release faster than the time it takes to do it in this video game, that's not right. You guys got it perfect in Skyrim...where did you go wrong.

2) Dodge roll - This doesn't evade damage? Really? You can run out of a red circle in the same time it takes to dodge roll, and for only 5% of the stamina cost. Also I just love when an arrow is coming my way, I dodge, and the arrow changes course mid-flight to still come hit me, even if I'm in the middle of my dodge roll. It's not "dodging" if every attack can still hit you, for as useful as dodging is in it's current state it shouldn't cost any stamina at all. It feels like this was a last minute thing ZO threw into the game to compete with GW2 which has an excellent dodging system.

3) UI - Improve it ZO. You pretty much signed this games death-warrant when you limited the addons that can be used. If you want to save it, then either allow these addons, or make the improvements yourself.

4) Repair Costs - Why are these so extreme? If you're saving up for something you almost just forego repairing entirely because of how ridiculously expensive it is. Why do you have repair costs at all? They were done away with in Skyrim, and are being done away with in other modern MMOs like GW2. Did you just throw armor repairing in the game so you could be more like WoW and because you can't think outside of the box for game development? Punishing players for dying by hitting their wallet shows an extreme lack of creativity.

5) Chat bubbles - not having these in game is just a terrible idea. First of all, people need to be able to run up to strangers in MMOs and ask them things, or communicate information to people directly around them, particularly in AvA (such as "INC WATCH OUT!"). Without chat bubbles, you just don't see it. You have zone, guilds 1-5, say, and group all crammed into 1 small window. Chat bubbles would be EXTREMELY useful, and not having them in a 2014 MMO is laughable. I don't RP, but I also hear from the RP community that it makes acting out scenes extremely difficult, which is sad to see in a game where the world is as detailed as this one is.

I would agree with everything if it has not been mentioned before. i don't find the combat clunky compared to other mmos i play. I never have problems with doge roll and taking dmg if I'm not in the area. I do not see the point of chat bubbles, lots of games don't have them anymore. Repair cost i will agree with...you go bankrupt just fixing gear. UI is actually quite nice. all i did was Download an add on and it is perfect for me. I will admit i grow tired of people complaining and crying about a game that's TECHNICALLY not even out yet. A lot of the things that were meant to be in the game were removed until a later date due to bugs. You came in to ESO with high expectations, it seems they are so high that you would of hated this game no matter what they gave you. so apparently this game is not for you, and many others will feel the same way as you because most came to ESO assuming it was skyrim online.

IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • dmaker
    dmaker
    I did not come in expecting Skyrim. I've been playing MMOs since Meridian 59 in 1996. So far this game is keeping my interest. It's not perfect, but I'm not saying there are not things that I would change, or design choices that I, personally, do not like or find puzzling. That is not the same thing a a QQ post. Minimap for example, I cannot stand not having a minimap. I cannot find a reliable addon to fill that gap yet either.

I like the game. I think lots of other folks do too. No game is perfect, and just because someone finds a few aspects not to their liking is no reason to go all fanboy and shoo them away declaring this game is not for them, etc. I never understand that reaction on forums.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Combat could be better but that's about it.
    Repair cost very easy to deal with that, just make new armor.
    I'm level 18 now and my repair cost has gone up but i just make new
    gear, except for the 2 blue items i have and my blue weapons that i repair.

Get yourself in a guild and use teamspeak.
    I don't even look at chat except guild chat
    and sometimes i don't even look at that lol!

Plus i have seen more gold coming in now
    and i really only use it to feed my horse and
    bank and pack space.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    Kyosji wrote: »

You're getting it easy, then. As I said, after a few deaths at level 8, it asked me to pay nearly 500G.

By "a few" you mean more like 5-10, not 2. 2 deaths doesn't even damage the gear enough to lower the stats.

I've seen some repair bills that are several hundred gold, and I've only died a total of 3 times. And I had some that had lowered stats, even though I had died only once while wearing it. I think that was some armor pieces that I had worn for 2-3 levels, so I assume most of 'wear and tear' damage.

I'm most concerned about what these repair bills mean for higher levels, when armor isn't being replaced after a few hours. How much am I going to have to pay each day just to maintain a set of high quality level 50 armor? I don't mind the idea of repairs being a penalty for death, but the cost of repairs for playing without dying is too high.
  • Brydion
    Brydion
    I guess it depends on your point of view. I don't see your issues as problematic and don't need and/or want them "fixed".
  • kelisw1ub17_ESO
    I don't understand why anyone would be so against chat bubbles if you could just turn them off? Why are people so vehemently against chat bubbles or nameplates? Personally, I hate chat bubbles and the first thing I did in wow or any other game with them is turn them off. But I don't sit there and demand that no body have them! And the no name plate thing is just ridiculous, I have never heard of anything as silly as a massive multiplayer game having no way to tell each other apart or recognize each other. Trying to 'look' at someone in a group of people or a rat runs in front of them...its so pointless. The stubbornness to not have THE OPTION is silly. It will lose players.
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why anyone would be so against chat bubbles if you could just turn them off? Why are people so vehemently against chat bubbles or nameplates? Personally, I hate chat bubbles and the first thing I did in wow or any other game with them is turn them off. But I don't sit there and demand that no body have them! And the no name plate thing is just ridiculous, I have never heard of anything as silly as a massive multiplayer game having no way to tell each other apart or recognize each other. Trying to 'look' at someone in a group of people or a rat runs in front of them...its so pointless. The stubbornness to not have THE OPTION is silly. It will lose players.

People have never played a game with chat bubbles, and feel like they'll be some huge visual nightmare, when they're simply not.

Put them in the game, and give the option to toggle them. Anyone who disagrees with this is just selfish.
  • khronosi
    khronosi
    I absolutely LOVE the minimalist UI. I don't want a bunch of garbage cluttering up the screen, It destroys immersion.

The only comment I'd partially agree on is the cost for repairs, but even then that's just pushing it. I personally really enjoy a challenging game, and the cost of repairs just add's to the death penalty that much more, which I like.

I can't comment on staff combat, but the bows seem ok for the most part. I think a large portion of what you're experiencing may be lag. Sure it could be tuned a little bit, but I don't think it needs to be overhauled.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make it clear i have played MANY games with chat bubbles. Been playing mmos since UO so yea. I personally don't like them but i have nothing against them. I just make a separate chat tab and filter zone out of it.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would add one more ***MUST FIX***

The guild store needs to have a text box to search for a specific item. I am a crafter. I wanted to buy some pitch to upgrade a staff... I look in the materials section.... and there are roughly 700-800 items in that area. So am I going to sit there and search through 800 items to hopefully see if there is some pitch? Heck NO! Also, how am I to know if the pitch I'm buying is the cheapest? I have no way of knowing that.

They could fix the materials section with a drop down box that listed specifically Crafting items and then the ability to search for each specific crafting thing if they absolutely don't want to add a text search box.

EX:
    Dropbox:
    Crafting
    Alchemy -Where herbs & waters etc go.
    Blacksmithing- 3 drop down boxes: Clothing, Metal, Woodworking. With two subsections: materials & upgrade materials.
    Enchanting- Where the runes go. Drop down boxes to search for each of the 3 variations.
    Provisioning: Drop down boxes for materials & recipes.

That seems pretty logical to me.. and would have saved me a lot of time had this already been in the game.
  • Gremlis
    Gremlis
    ✭✭
    Fix the gold spammers and stop the chat from jumping when I scroll!