Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Problems that need to be fixed FAST

• KidKablam
    KidKablam
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen anything near your repair costs, and I get my butt kicked fairly often. I can only imagine how much pummeling you're walking into.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    KidKablam wrote: »
    I have never seen anything near your repair costs, and I get my butt kicked fairly often. I can only imagine how much pummeling you're walking into.
    Not sure if it was because of a bug, or that enhanced equipment with attributes on them cause the price to skyrocket, but my character has only dies maybe a total of 5 times, and 2-3 of those were because I walked off a cliff.

• Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... you might read some answers here too. Ppl told you that they repair for like 100-200 gold. I usually repair around 300, had one single time with 400 but not sure if I didnt have some other loot on me that got repaired too.
    Repairing costs are by far not as outstanding as proposed here.
    Edited by Feimerdre on 3 April 2014 12:54
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Hawke wrote: »

5. Chat bubbles are a big no. Because then people are going to complain that their screen is cluttered by a bunch of chat windows.
    Lol. Just lol.

If you are playing ESO, stand in a city, any city. Then look at the chat. See how many spam /say. It should be at least 5 new lines per second.

Oh wait. It isnt. Towns are silent and populated by zombies running from point A to point B. How exactly would the introduction of chat bubbles turn every player into a parrot on crack? And even if by some miracle one of the zombies would open their mouth... How is that going to clutter the view for you? You are probably not within 20m distance, nor in the same city. In fact odds are he just got 2-3 players and a dozen NPCs in range to show a chat bubble.

Or did you expect /zone to show chat bubbles 2km away through a mountain?

To come back to my first line... Lol. Just lol. Cluttered screens is an argument GW2 proves is invalid both in PvP and PvE - and I have played on the inofficial roleplaying server for 2 years so I have maximized my exposure.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Feimerdre wrote: »
    Well... you might read some answers here too. Ppl told you that they repair for like 100-200 gold. I usually repair around 300, had one single time with 400 but not sure if I didnt have some other loot on me that got repaired too.
    Repairing costs are by far not as outstanding as proposed here.

Again, maybe it's a bug, maybe it's just because I have my equipment made as green leveled enhanced and have attributes added to them.

You can keep saying the price I'm saying is 'outstanding' when you aren't the one seeing them. If you don't believe me, that's fine, but I'm the one that gets the cost displayed on my screen. That's why I simply don't repair equipment in this game.

• Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you spend time and ingredients at low level for enchanting or upgrading your armor this is your decision. It is perfectly enough to run around in a custom made armor crafted by yourself and break down all greens and blues you may find. The point that was made here was that LOW level players have a hard time with repair costs and we stated that this is not true.
    It might become true if - as stated by you - your equipment consists of considerable more valuable items than standard crafted. I just gave you a way to avoid high repairing costs at low level.
    Later in the game when you need to rely on armor enchantments you will have also more money to deal with eventual repairing costs. As I said, I have 4 toons now around level 8-12 and none of them has less than 2k gold cash on them and I am a lazy bas@rd that quicktravels a lot and doesnt bother to do so at a wayshrine :smiley:
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    The only issue I see needs tweaking on your list is combat..

1. Yes combat needs a little work. especially in a action type combat like this game. Your commands need to react when you do them, at least for me many times I hit my skills only to have my character sit their and take another hit so I end up spamming the key to get him to respond to my tactics, in many cases I have to change tactics mid combat due to sometimes my avatar not responding to my commands. This is frustrating and I can see becoming a larger issue in PVP.

The rest I just disagree with. They are not game breakers more like wish lists. However I still say there are other systems in this game that need work and will impact player base like above.

1. Instancing/Phasing tweaks is a must especially for groups.. But this problem even hurts immersion for solo, but really bad for groups and this should be top priority.
    2. Keep fixing the quests. They have done a great job since last beta in my opinion but just keep working on this..

Other then this short list the game has a lot of good things going on versus bad and for now for me I will support it as long as I keep feeling the development is working towards fixing these core issues.
  • Sedlina
    Sedlina
    @ repair costs
    They are not an issue for me. I don't sell regular gear I find (i scramble it to push multiple crafting professions at a time) and still I have no problems with them. And just for the records I don't sell my crafted items. I only craft for myself because I like to be self sufficient.

@ the combat system
    It is simple: basic attack, heavy attack, interrupt, block, dodge roll, basic movement and crouching. Any skill you add to your bar only extends the system. Learn to utilize them to avoid damage. Dodging won't do the trick for every attack, nor does moving/sprinting. Sometimes blocking is a bad idea, and some attacks can't be interrupted. If you limit yourself to movement and dodging I can understand that you have a hard time.

@ dodge rolls
    The OP compared the dodge roll from ESO with GW2. In GW2 the dodge roll gives you invulnerability frame of more than 1 second. So in GW2 the system is more forgiving if you dodge 'too early' or to put it simple. It's more forgiving if you're doing it wrong.

@ *red* Area damage skills
    They aren't that slow in the later game stages anymore. Nor will you fight only one or two mobs anymore. You have to be quick on your feet and simply moving out of them won't do it anymore in most situations. You are punished if you fail to avoid such an attack and that's a good thing in my opinion. Note: as example some area attacks are channeled attacks - they deal damage instantly when the red area is visible. Good luck *walking/sprinting* out of those in veteran areas. They will roast you within split seconds.

@ addons
    Your call for addons to 'optimize' the ui won't help you unless you learn to adapt to the combat system. You don't need a ridiculous message telling you that 'OH MY GOD watch out XY is casting ZAB PEW PEW at you in 8 seconds. Move away or you might get hurt' - followed by a countdown.
    Or even more ridiculous ones like 'your absorb shield has X points left to absorb' Or Your target has X seconds left of his buff spell Y. Those put an unfair advantage into the hands of people who use these addons and force every player to use them to stay competitive.
    I for my part love ZO for limiting these addons. The players are supposed to play the game. Not the addon. Not a function that's scanning a combat log input.

@ Chat bubbles
    They are a controversial topic. In my opinion you have a point that for PvP it would be useful to have them around sometimes. On the other hand with 2000 players in a pvp area this could turn into a real bubble-nightmare.
    For the PvE content I don't want to have them. If they introduce them I would turn them off. Whispers of pesky people who think that every resource in the world belongs to them alone are enoying enough without a chat bubble following me around.
    Insanity is like pie: I love it,
    Sanity is like cake: It's a lie!
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsters inside 4 man dungeons give 3 exp each.

One fetch quest > entire dungeon run
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trash mobs in dungeons are.. trash mobs. The XP comes from quests you have in the dungeon. Otherwise you run dungeons for what they were created:entertainment.

I know, I know, too old school....
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    New to the genre? You must be. No exp in dungeons is the exact opposite of old school. This current system of casual questing only is the newer philosophy. It's aims for the broader, more casual audience. It's an "everybody wins" game.

Still no reason to remove exp gains from group content. I mean, it's an mmo is it not?

So you really feel that the easiest content should be the most rewarding? Interesting.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 14:35
  • Sedlina
    Sedlina
    Gohlar wrote: »

meaning that once you reached veteran lvl 10 you won't do any quests or dungeon runs anymore. Because you only do them for xp right ?

If it wasn't obvious the above is sarcasm
    Insanity is like pie: I love it,
    Sanity is like cake: It's a lie!
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sedlina wrote: »

meaning that once you reached veteran lvl 10 you won't do any quests or dungeon runs anymore. Because you only do them for xp right ?

If it wasn't obvious the above is sarcasm

I usually do them for fun. Just kind of strange I get exp for killing the monsters outside the dungeon, but none inside.

Why punish groups? It doesn't need to be fast exp or anything, just in the same ballpark as questing. It's unheard of for an mmo to be so anti-group.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I agree with you on is the chat bubbles: as an option, they would be nice to have. Even there it's ridiculous to claim the game will go F2P because of it.
    Using a bow could be better, but it's unlikely to change at this point.

Your post comes off like you think this is still the beta, when actually you're attacking features of a finished product that a lot of people like the way it is.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Part of the problem stems from the fact that games like EQ and UO weren't really RPGs in the sense that while EQ for instance had quests no one really did them as there was no XP or real rewards for completing them. It was more along the lines of a leveling game with fantasy paint. You went from one area to the next killing whatever gave the most XP with monster raids and doing PvP if that server had it.

Instanced dungeons should however, have more experience for groups. I am however against people that sit in one all day farming and grinding on mobs. That's just a waste of the work that devs put into games. Might as well make a game with just a dungeon that the player is grinds in all day. It seems like the grind crowd would enjoy it since they don't look at scenery, or bother with questing really.
    Edited by pysgod1978b14_ESO on 3 April 2014 14:51
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »

You're getting it easy, then. As I said, after a few deaths at level 8, it asked me to pay nearly 500G.

By "a few" you mean more like 5-10, not 2. 2 deaths doesn't even damage the gear enough to lower the stats.
    Edited by Melian on 3 April 2014 14:44
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    So you wanna keep insulting, patronizing and blowing steam, fine with me, I keep reporting

Hopefully they will stop allowing you to troll these forums. Every thread has you insulting people and then attempting to take the moral high ground.

Toughen up son.

But seriously, you feel that the easiest content should be the most rewarding. Any reason why?

One, the one insulting others is you, I have ALL your posts saved (even the deleted ones)

Two, you have been trying to 'incite emotional reactions' from people with your absolutely unconstructive statements, so I think you should be more worried

Three, I didn't say that, I said you do dungeons for fun, if you don't have fun, don't run them. You don't wanna level up Undaunted, your problem mate

You are pretty obsessed with me...creepy.

Also, by your logic we can remove all rewards from questing too. If it's not fun, don't do it right?

Don't be obtuse. It makes no sense that a fetch quest is more rewarding than an entire dungeon run.

It's just mobs (trash mobs) not giving XP, the rest of the quests related to the dungeon give xp, the bosses give xp and the whole run gives xp for Undaunted. If you know what that is of course
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just mobs (trash mobs) not giving XP, the rest of the quests related to the dungeon give xp, the bosses give xp and the whole run gives xp for Undaunted. If you know what that is of course

Wrong again.

3 exp per monster.
    40 exp per boss.
    1 quest per dungeon.

Technically, you are getting exp, it's just so little it amounts to nothing. If their goal was to have an mmo where nobody wants to do a dungeon more than once, they have succeeded.

If you are a player who likes to group up and run dungeons, looks elsewhere I guess.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 16:51
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong again.

3 exp per monster.
    40 exp per boss.
    1 quest per dungeon.

Technically, you are getting exp, it's just so little it amounts to nothing. If their goal was to have an mmo where nobody wants to do a dungeon more than once, they have succeeded.

If you are a player who likes to group up and run dungeons, looks elsewhere I guess.

I think you are too obsessed with vertical progression. Shouldn't you, dunno, go to play a game you like if you don't like this?

I pretty much will run Instanced Dungeons for the Undaunted Skill line and fun, you do whatever you want mate. Of course, should you have some wonderful idea on how to improve the game /feedback is always there for you
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you are too obsessed with vertical progression. Shouldn't you, dunno, go to play a game you like if you don't like this?

I pretty much will run Instanced Dungeons for the Undaunted Skill line and fun, you do whatever you want mate. Of course, should you have some wonderful idea on how to improve the game /feedback is always there for you

You don't think it's bad to alienate players who like to group in an mmo? Seriously?

Also, Undaunted hasn't been moving. Doesn't it need exp? These are not problems to be swept under the rug...
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 14:58
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't think it's bad to alienate players who like to group in an mmo? Seriously?

Also, Undaunted hasn't been moving. Doesn't it need exp? These are not problems to be swept under the rug...

Yes, XP that you can only make (AFAIK) in dungeons, veteran dungeons and some events. That doesn't mean you should be Lvl 2 after a dungeon run....

Maybe this game isn't for people who are obsessed with min/maxing, getting to max level in a week or optimizing leveling? Hell I don't even look at the xp bar most of the times

Just a wild guess
    Edited by mutharex on 3 April 2014 15:02
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instanced dungeons should however, have more experience for groups. I am however against people that sit in one all day farming and grinding on mobs. That's just a waste of the work that devs put into games. Might as well make a game with just a dungeon that the player is grinds in all day. It seems like the grind crowd would enjoy it since they don't look at scenery, or bother with questing really.

I know I like dungeons for the increased challenge and teamwork. I agree players shouldn't spend all their time in dungeons and that it shouldn't be a really fast way to level. I'd be happy with somewhat equal, even if was slower than questing. But virtually nothing? People are going to be very turned off by this once more start to figure it out I think.

It presents other problems too. I have to leave my heals on my hotbar when I solo because it's the only way the skills will level up. It just seems pretty broken to me.

I could just go quest more, but it's already wearing thin and it's only been a couple of days. There is no challenge in questing.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 15:04
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, XP that you can only make (AFAIK) in dungeons, veteran dungeons and some events. That doesn't mean you should be Lvl 2 after a dungeon run....

Maybe this game isn't for people who are obsessed with min/maxing, getting to max level in a week or optimizing leveling? Hell I don't even look at the xp bar most of the times

Just a wild guess

Who's min/ maxing or rushing? I'm level 15. I want to play interesting content with my friends. Questing offers no challenges at all. I've run all 3 level 15 dungeons multiple times btw, undaunted moved from the quest exp, but that's it.

Stop assuming so much ok? It silly people can't group up and do anything other than solo quests to level up.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 15:10
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a wild guess

Who's min/ maxing? I want to play interesting content with my friends. Questing offers no challenges at all. I've run all 3 level 15 dungeons multiple times btw, undaunted moved from the quest exp, but that's it.

Stop assuming so much ok?

Who's talking about you? I am talking in general, as far as I am concerned you don't even play this game.....

" I want to play interesting content with my friends" well looks like you answered your own question: why should you run dungeons?

So much fuss for nothing
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Just a wild guess

Who's min/ maxing? I want to play interesting content with my friends. Questing offers no challenges at all. I've run all 3 level 15 dungeons multiple times btw, undaunted moved from the quest exp, but that's it.

Who's talking about you? I am talking in general, as far as I am concerned you don't even play this game.....

" I want to play interesting content with my friends" well looks like you answered your own question: why should you run dungeons?

So much fuss for nothing

Even you must realize how ridiculous you are being.

So if they removed exp from questing, this would be ok with you? I mean there's no rush to level up right? You can still get exp from monsters. Come on now...

This is such a random, arbitrary restriction on players who wish to group...You don't have to take the position that the game is perfect by default and then bend over backwards to make that opinion work. Honestly, you are intentionally obtuse.

We have an mmo that removed exp from group content. I really think that's all that needs to be said.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 15:17
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a wild guess

So much fuss for nothing

Even you must realize how ridiculous you are being.

So if they removed exp from questing, this would be ok with you? I mean there's no rush to level up right? You can still get exp from monsters. Come on now...

This is such a random, arbitrary restriction on players who wish to group...You don't have to take the position that the game is perfect by default and then bend over backwards to make that opinion work. Hoenstly...

I think you should step back and reevaluate your behaviour because it's way too aggressive. In case you really wanted an answer, questing is the main way of leveling in this game. Instanced dungeons aren't about xp, that you like or not that, it's your problem
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    And ... okay ... back OT: I, too, agree that some aspects of the game can be improved but what could have been a strong post for suggesting improvement was lost in a demanding, entitled, ramble of rage filled with more threats than a demand letter from a serial killer.

It's really easy to say: "If you don't do what I want, this game's gonna die." (Which is a bit creepy, if you give it a thought.) You know who else said that? About 50 people the day Skyrim was released. "No f-ing short blade!!! No spears!!!! No classes!!!!! This games gonna die!!! All serious gamers are going to go back and play Arena. Bethesda's going go broke!!!" And guess what? None of that happened.

Just an FYI: It's hard to take a post serious when you act like that. And there's a difference between objective video game reviews and you and your four friends writing on a blog.

So just quickly:

1. Combat: I knew it was going to be limited - it's an MMO, right? This is not what they're going to focus on right now. But yes, it could be better because it's just key-crunching now.
    2. Repair costs. Meh. Annoying but won't kill the game. And if you need money, there's always that creep selling gold.
    3. UI: Meh. Could be better, but I can live with it.
    4. Chat bubbles: I'm not sure about this. Yesterday, I though yeah, we need them. Then someone convinced me they would break the immersion. I'm okay without them, but I am noticing I miss chats.

Edited by MaxBat on 3 April 2014 15:21
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you should step back and reevaluate your behaviour because it's way too aggressive. In case you really wanted an answer, questing is the main way of leveling in this game. Instanced dungeons aren't about xp, that you like or not that, it's your problem

I've seen your posts Muth. You are possibly the most abusive person the forum so I wouldn't try the oversensitive angle if I were you. I realize you are easily upset and are just trolling at this point so I will say this and walk away.

Questing focused mmos have all failed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that people who play mmos like to join forces with other players. It's kind of why mmos were created in the 1st place. So yes, not allowing group progression in an mmo is a problem. It's not my problem though, it's everyone's.

You are defending the idea that group play should not be a viable way to progress in an mmo. Yeah, that actually happened. Now go troll/stalk someone else.
    Edited by Gohlar on 3 April 2014 15:26
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah WoW failed badly, you know being a quest based game.....
    I am not gonna really waste time with you, the number of edits you do to your posts and the general tone tells me you are upset and not worth wasting time, I'll just keep using more efficient ways
  • Viiqupaen
    Viiqupaen
    Listen to this squabble with numbers and ***. This isn't the TESO world we love. The OP is completely right.