Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unbound Script acquisition?

Kappachi
Kappachi
✭✭✭✭
What are the acquisition methods to getting unbound/sellable scripts? Do you just do the content that drops scripts and it randomly is unbound or do you get it elsewhere? Haven't seen any unbounds yet and have been playing almost daily since gold road.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also I see this in the f1 section; wf8ts3mpou6i.png
    so if it's a rare drop from enemies in the world does that include dungeon mobs? can you for instance spam normal dungeon full clears and have odds of finding them?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guildmate got one as loot in a trial (vDSR to be precise).
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know instanced content isn't blacklisted, thanks for the insight.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the month since release, I've found only two unbound scripts. Both of them were from vLC. One of them dropped on the very first day of the patch, before I had even ported into the Scholarium for the first time, so you don't need to unlock any of the Wings.

That said, when they say "rare", they really mean "rare".
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten a bound, curated Affix script from every random normal dungeon I've done, once per day, per character. ZOS don't state that in the above tips, but seems to be guaranteed.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I've gotten a bound, curated Affix script from every random normal dungeon I've done, once per day, per character. ZOS don't state that in the above tips, but seems to be guaranteed.

I'm asking about unbound for this one; aka tradable.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »

I guess you want to sell them, huh? Trading myself - buying more than selling - had crossed my mind. I only wanted to point out that people are getting Affix scripts from RNDs and lots of people run those. I don't normally do so myself; wish I'd known earlier. Prices are still sky high. I did not buy due to that. I doubt there are many actual sales and I think that prices will come down, despite rarity. I could be wrong, of course.
    Edited by fred4 on 8 July 2024 05:10
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »

I guess you want to sell them, huh? Trading myself - buying more than selling - had crossed my mind. I only wanted to point out that people are getting Affix scripts from RNDs and lots of people run those. I don't normally do so myself; wish I'd known earlier. Prices are still sky high. I did not buy due to that. I doubt there are many actual sales and I think that prices will come down, despite rarity. I could be wrong, of course.

convenience sells, they've got sales according to addons that track sales, plus some people just like collecting rare items like those complete crafting books.
  • BlackRaidho
    BlackRaidho
    ✭✭✭
    I got one in Bankorai overland. On a random encounter (a lion if i remember correctly).
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its likely they can drop from just about anything, but the rarity is probably like aetherial dust from monsters (it doesnt sound as rare as aetheric ciphers though)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities