Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback On Console Environmental Sustainability Features

• Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s almost August now… clearly this is not a priority for you guys.

Honestly at this point whether you fix it or not the damage is already done. Low FPS / choppy menus (in a game full of menus) is now part of the Gold Road chapter experience.
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly at this point whether you fix it or not the damage is already done. Low FPS / choppy menus (in a game full of menus) is now part of the Gold Road chapter experience.

Not only that, but it seems it won't even get addresses with the next update.
    We'll see how it goes... It can't stay this way.
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
    B: "Too many words. Words bad. Won't read. ⚔️"
  • WolfieVZ
    WolfieVZ
    ✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »

Console players being treated as second class and being forced into this was a bad look.

I already gave up on the game, they'd have to fix it and give us some sort of compensation package for the month and a half the games been unplayable.

I hope it gets fixed for the rest if you, but I don't see any way they can make it up to me.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

honestly its hard to tell if it will get adjusted next update, considering that these specific changes are not even on PC (the 30 fps in menus for example), so that wouldnt even show on the PTS patch notes likely

might not know if theres anything in there for consoles related to this until the update is released on console
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

honestly its hard to tell if it will get adjusted next update, considering that these specific changes are not even on PC (the 30 fps in menus for example), so that wouldnt even show on the PTS patch notes likely

might not know if theres anything in there for consoles related to this until the update is released on console

true, but when Gold Road was on PTS and they introduced these features for the consoles it was mentioned in the first cycle patch notes.

By this time they definitely could have mentioned if they were going to add a toggle with this upcoming update. Waiting until November would be really bad...
    Edited by SkaiFaith on 3 August 2024 18:44
    A: "We, as humans, should respect and take care of each other like in a Co-op, not a PvP 🌸"
  • WolfieVZ
    WolfieVZ
    ✭✭
    Still waiting for even a response from zos.
    What's it been in total now, almost 2 months of console players being told to deal with it and no resolution?

At this point zos needs to reverse this and give gold road to everyone for free.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    They fixed half of it? So everything is 60fps in 60fps mode apart from menus now?
    Nearly there then, they just need to fix the 30fps menus now and then we have a 60fps Performance Mode in ESO on Xbox again. Yay
  • goboltz
    goboltz
    ✭✭✭
    Please Give Console a "Toggle" to disable the Power saving , PC can edit a text file to make it go away, if not, Please remove ALL of it as it ruins the gameplay. I've played daily for 10 Years and notice EVERY little change.
    This "Downgrade" causes more issues than it's worth. You can't even do daily crafting without stutter in the menu on creation & writ turn in. Some button presses seem delayed or ignored all together. The Reduction in the Data-stream needs to be reversed. Limiting Us is NOT a good way to save the Planet !

PC can do this -
    How to unlock FPS for ESO:

Go to Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live
    Search the UserSettings.txt file and open it with Notepad or Wordpad
    Change the SET MinFrameTime.2 directive to a specifc number.
    You can choose different values to unlock your FPS in ESO:

If you want 120 FPS, then you can calculate 1 divided by 120 = 0,00833333

60 FPS = 0.01666666
    120 FPS = 0.00833333
    144 FPS= 0.00694444
    240 FPS = 0.00416667

Give us a Way to opt out or Revert the changes !

edit note - It seems All or most of the positive QOL that U31 brought to the game with Multithreading are being reversed by these Environmental changes, The PS5/XB can play other pvp titles at 4k 120hz with no issues, we have VRR, ALLM & HDR, just like most PC's.
    Please let us use the Quality hardware we paid for, that was already working fine.
    Edited by goboltz on 7 August 2024 15:55
    [PS5] [NA] [EP] - "Cheese for Everyone" !
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_Kevin Could you kindly let us know if there is any update or traction on this?

I don't know if this will help the case of the "togglers", but the 30 FPS limit and resolution degradation also impact crown crate and crown store item menus and previews (at least most of those that I could see), leading to an overall loss in visual fidelity and possibly a lesser incentive for customers to purchase items.
    Edited by CAB_Life on 14 August 2024 09:02
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably the stupidest idea I have ever seen. It will not impact the environment at all and frankly, it looks like nothing more than an attempt to gain good favour with the press for being "environmentally conscious" or whatever. Funnily enough, it does not seem to have had any impact outside of annoying people.

Whoever keeps making these braindead decision for ESO needs to be quietly shuffled out the door because it is beginning to look intentional.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • WolfieVZ
    WolfieVZ
    ✭✭
    Zos kevin, many of us still waiting for an update on this, at this point, if it is going to be changed, the community should get an update, if it isn't going to be fixed, we should get an update.

Letting a chunk of your playerbase sit here in the dark for TWO MONTHS IGNORING THEM, is disgusting business practice and anti consumer.

• Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kevin is not the one making these decisions - he did respond earlier but his current silence is an answer in itself. I wouldn’t be surprised if many Devs working on the actual game were frustrated by this happening as well. Whoever is responsible needs to be the one to respond.

ZOS, you’re working on a new AAA title.
    All of these poor decisions do not help you to build goodwill within your current community.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kevin is not making the decision but he sure can ask for a response on if this is it or we can expect more changes.

Silence is not the answer but unfortunately for ZOS it is often is the answer we are giving. Not professional or respectable but it is what we keep getting from their improved and better communication. A definite answer would be nice.

Stay safe 🙂
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Kevin is not making the decision but he sure can ask for a response on if this is it or we can expect more changes.

Silence is not the answer but unfortunately for ZOS it is often is the answer we are giving. Not professional or respectable but it is what we keep getting from their improved and better communication. A definite answer would be nice.

Stay safe 🙂

I totally agree but also there’s only so much he can do. We can’t know for sure but most likely the team is not providing him anything new or positive to tell us about these changes. And if that’s true, then there is a limit to what can be said. Historically he’s been helpful on these forums so I don’t want to push any blame onto him.

It’s a baffling terrible decision made by ZOS alone and clearly they don’t plan to properly address this anytime soon.

This thread was only created so mods could close threads on the same topic to consolidate it all into one place.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm not blaming him at all but ZOS in general for lack of meaningful answer to a simple question.

It's been months, they have had enough time to elevate this change and get feedback from the community.

All we ask is same fair playing filled that is an option on PC platform vs. us the redhead stepchildren of ESO the console player. Why should we be limited to meet their PR goals. Consoles and TV'S that display 60 frames is not necessarily cheap.

If we spend time and money we should get the benefit from them and not limited so corporate can feel good about sacrifice they are not experiencing or dealing with.

All I ask for is the same common fair playground for all of its players. So that I can make the choice and not some corporate overlord.

Stay safe 🙂
  • WolfieVZ
    WolfieVZ
    ✭✭
    Have they fixed this yet?
    No, obviously not yet.
    How long will it take?
  • Kaynam
    Kaynam
    Please, i used to play at 120 FPS most of times, now i'm barely 60, we need a fix for it asap!
  • Bammlschwamml
    Bammlschwamml
    ✭✭✭
    Kaynam wrote: »
    Please, i used to play at 120 FPS most of times, now i'm barely 60, we need a fix for it asap!

"Console Environmental Sustainability Features" impact fps on PC too?

Maybe there is something else going on?
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaynam wrote: »

"Console Environmental Sustainability Features" impact fps on PC too?

Maybe there is something else going on?

I don't know if this is what he's talking about but if you play on Xbox Series X in Performance mode on a 120Hz TV and turn on VRR/FreeSync the gaming mode displays 120fps on its counter.

Since Gold Road update, VRR is causing strobing lights issues every time the screen has 30fps elements on it, whether it's during loading screens or looting. Because of this, many console players feel forced to turn VRR off and sometimes even Performance mode entirely - That's why a console player previously "playing at 120fps" will see himself at 60 or 30.

Needless to say, this is bad.
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    I'm speaking with my wallet. I have not purchased Gold Road; I purchased zero crowns during the past crown sale; I will not be renewing my ESO+. Console players being forced with this nonsense is unacceptable.
  • D4rk
    D4rk
    This great failure will forever be marked in the history of ESO.

May it rest. In pieces.
    Edited by D4rk on 26 August 2024 15:23
  • WolfieVZ
    WolfieVZ
    ✭✭
    Almost September,
    No communication yet?
    Silence says it all.

• Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭
    D4rk wrote: »
    This great failure will forever be marked in the history of ESO.

May it rest. In pieces.

ESO’s history is already established with a long list of catastrophic failures, the likes of which would crush almost any other game. This game solely exists because it has the Elder Scrolls franchise name to carry it.

Personally, these blatant lapses in communication reflect on the company as a whole - we would do well to remember how they treated us when they ask people to buy their new AAA title.
  • La_Croft
    La_Croft
    Soul Shriven
    I'm speaking with my wallet. I have not purchased Gold Road; I purchased zero crowns during the past crown sale; I will not be renewing my ESO+. Console players being forced with this nonsense is unacceptable.

Unfortunately I already had goldroad preordered and eso plus paid till the end of the year, and playstation won't refund me, even though I have been unable to play since June, because the fps transition make me feel sick within 10-15 minutes of gameplay
  • D4rk
    D4rk
    a long wait awaits.
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    CTRL+F "sustainability" and "environment" as soon as the patch notes are up. But I'm not holding my breath for a miracle.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    There’s something about transitioning between the game and menus but nothing about the buzzwords. Maybe they have fixed another half of the half that they haven’t fixed yet, or maybe it’s all fixed and 60fps mode is 60fps again. We will find out shortly…. 😀
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrolthar wrote: »
    There’s something about transitioning between the game and menus but nothing about the buzzwords. Maybe they have fixed another half of the half that they haven’t fixed yet, or maybe it’s all fixed and 60fps mode is 60fps again. We will find out shortly…. 😀

If I launch the game and the loading screen is still strobing...
    Hope they fixed the looting window too. But I have very low hope...
    Up in less than 1 hour...
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hrolthar wrote: »

If I launch the game and the loading screen is still strobing...
    Hope they fixed the looting window too. But I have very low hope...
    Up in less than 1 hour...

up now!!
    Soupy twist
  • D4rk
    D4rk
    The inventory feels... Different.