Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I completed more than 100 daily quests but didn't get a lead for new music box!

• TheMasterMeme
    TheMasterMeme
    ✭✭✭
    Yes... I am in the same boat too... still waiting for the damn lead to drop... sigh
  • Juomuuri
    Juomuuri
    ✭✭✭
    I got this lead from my first mirrormoor incursion daily reward box... Sometimes it's just awful rng. :/ If it makes you guys feel any better, it took me a week of farming safeboxes every day for 3 hours straight until that music box lead dropped (the "base game" music box lead). I didn't keep a tally but I think I opened like 300+ safeboxes during that...
    PC-EU (Steam) - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher, Dungeoneer - Fashion Scrolls - CP 2000+
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been running the dailies on two characters every day since launch. Plus doing a few zone chat shares for double/triple dips.

No lead. I got all the others my first day of play.
    Edited by anadandy on 28 June 2024 18:13
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've banged out at least 30 of each daily (delve, world boss, incursion) and managed to get the lead twice. Granted I got that lead around 29 and 30 of the respective quests, so I guess it's a case of feast or famine!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't gotten it either and I do this daily every day.

There always seems to be one lead of an item that has horribly low drop rates and RNG. This shouldn't happen. All the leads for any one item should have the same chance to drop as the other leads for that item.
    PCNA
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it a while back. Turned in all 3 dailies every day since release to acquire it. - So I'd assume it's really just bad RNG.
  • TheMasterMeme
    TheMasterMeme
    ✭✭✭
    Well I finally managed to get it from the mirrormoor incursion dailies after a bit of days trying...
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UESP says this can also drop from the group event boss in Leftwheal? Anyone confirm getting it there? I had zero luck but I could only stand soloing him for 3 spawns. It's a tedious fight alone and no one else even came through that room in the time I waited (which is sad for a new public dungeon)
    Edited by anadandy on 2 July 2024 11:43
  • Virenic
    Virenic
    ✭✭
    Finally got my third copy of this lead today. Glad I can put the daily quest grind behind me (until the next batch of leads drop of course). Drop rate seemed pretty comparable with other leads that drop from daily coffers but I think this is a bit low considering players have a limited number of chances to get the drop each day.

There's also the inevitable West Weald event later in the year which will award double coffers for double chances at the lead drop if anyone would prefer to wait for that.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    UESP says this can also drop from the group event boss in Leftwheal? Anyone confirm getting it there? I had zero luck but I could only stand soloing him for 3 spawns. It's a tedious fight alone and no one else even came through that room in the time I waited (which is sad for a new public dungeon)

there is a different lead which drops from leftwheal i think

this particular lead i think only drops from the west weald dailies (and more likely the incursion daily specifically)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this particular lead i think only drops from the west weald dailies (and more likely the incursion daily specifically)

Thanks. I was hoping maybe UESP wasn't wrong, because I'm on a solid month of doing those dailies on 3 characters and still missing that last music box lead. I give up - maybe Filer Ool will have it soon.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have done the Mirrormoor incursion daily only 8 times and i got the lead from either the 8th quest or before that
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How nice for you.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How nice for you.

No need to get uppity when someone is just sharing their experience. It took me roughy 30 coffers to get the lead, but I'm not going to get made at people who got it in less.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    How nice for you.

No need to get uppity when someone is just sharing their experience. It took me roughy 30 coffers to get the lead, but I'm not going to get made at people who got it in less.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been snarky, apologies. It's frustrating to be in a thread commiserating about a crap drop rate and have comments like "I just got it for the third time!" Got the better of me.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How nice for you.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been snarky, apologies. It's frustrating to be in a thread commiserating about a crap drop rate and have comments like "I just got it for the third time!" Got the better of me.

thats sometimes what it feels like in the "wheres the ink" threads lol

im still trying to get this music box lead as well, im at almost 40 days worth of the incursion dailies completed now and no drop, i kind of stopped doing the other 2 since i also finished the 30 days worth achievements on those

the delve dailies are OK in terms of completion speed but the bosses are all annoying like 5+ minute fights due to the extensive use of invulnerability phases that i dont really want to do those more lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i only made my comment because the original post asked if the lead is bugged ._.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭

Incursions drop one of the 3 leads, one of the other 2 are from the daily rewards, forget where the 3rd one comes from but it was an easy to drop thing.

Got the easy drop from like a treasure chest, or maybe a treasure map, and the incursion one the same day. The reward from the dailies took almost 2 weeks. Was soooo relieved when it finally dropped. I had totally completed the zone by then.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leads are finicky. I've already gotten 2 for the music box from the daily quests. Took forever to get the leads for the sabatons out of Sunspire and the vestments from Bal Sunnar.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How nice for you.

I feel you. I've completed most of the codex, but I'm still stuck on the 2nd entries for a couple of the mythic because I just can't get the leads to drop. I can only farm the same things so much before I just go do something else. Sometimes it's better to find a different focus and let those stubborn leads drop when they drop. (Or keep an eye on the rotating inventory from the merchant in IA)

• AllenaNightWood
    AllenaNightWood
    ✭✭✭
    i got it the other night but i think it also dropped from group boss in leftwheal pub dungeon
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭✭
    I've completed all three of the Gold Road dailies every day since launch.
    I was killing the group boss in Leftwheal five or more times a day at first, but the last week or so I've only been killing it once a day, because I'm tired. 😂
    I still haven't gotten the last lead for the music box.
    Maybe my account is cursed.
    I also discovered all the Anniversary cake achievements I've gotten over the years have been reset, and they said there's nothing they could do about it even though they verified that I did earn them.
    Hopefully they do something about this drop rate, I'm around 300 attempts.
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of thing really takes the fun out of a game like this. Most of us should get it within the 30 incursions it takes to get the achievement. I started a thread about a guaranteed drop system. That's what I think should happen. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663351/guaranteed-drop-system/p1
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it managed finally give me the one i was missing after about 60 days worth of the daily quests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭✭
    Two weeks later and I still haven't gotten the drop.
    I hate Leftwheal.
    This morning there were only three of us on a Mirrormoor Mosaic, so I'm guessing it's going to be like the Harrowstorms in Skyrim or Dragons in Elsweyr very soon, where you can rarely find enough people to beat them down in a reasonable amount of time.
    So here's to hoping Filer Ool gets the lead soon, because I'm so tired of this zone. 😂
    Edited by Virys1967 on 20 August 2024 14:39
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭✭
    Finally.
    95 days of Mirrormoor Incursion dailies and 45+ main boss fights in Leftwheal, and I finally got it from the daily chest.
    If I ever see West Weald again, it'll be too soon. 😂
  • Thoriorz
    Thoriorz
    ✭✭
    Gendizer wrote: »
    Is it bugged or what?

Hey, today I finished the third lore for music box.
    avnx88suyufe.png

What can I say, addon + goodle + ESO Hub just generally say that Lead drops from coffers for daily quest. When I was doing Lead for the first lore, one day I did 19x daily delve and 0x Lead, the next day again 19x daily delve and 0x Lead, I started digging on Google and asking different people and found out that it supposedly drops only from the coffer for daily Mirrormoor quest. So the very next day I went to do only Mirrormoor daily quest, and suddenly it was easy, for the first lore it dropped in the third coffer, for the second lore it even dropped in the second coffer, and today I was finishing the third lore and Lead was in the fourth coffer.
    So from my own experience I can say that it looks like a given Lead for music box drops "only" from the coffers for Mirrormoor daily quest from Jaida NPC.
    Maybe the Lead also drops from the coffer for other daily quests (WB/delve), I did delve (38 times in total) and 0x Lead and maybe for these other daily quests it has less drop chance, I don't know, but as I wrote, from my own experience it dropped from the daily quest on Mirrormoor by Jaida NPC, so...

I hope this helps and gl.

Virenic wrote: »
    Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but this lead likely drops exclusively from the mirrormoor incursion daily reward coffers.

Has this been verified? Everything I've read just says the Miniature Mirroretched Brace comes from zone daily reward coffers. It seems strange that it would be specifically from Incursion coffers when the Bespoke Mirroretched Base already comes from the Incursion.

My experience is described above, so it must be that this Lead drops only from Mirrormoor daily. (or at least it has increased chances of dropping here?)
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gendizer wrote: »
    Is it bugged or what?

Welcome to ESO, a glorified RNG emulation software with a game skin plastered on it. Enjoy your stay.