Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I completed more than 100 daily quests but didn't get a lead for new music box!

Gendizer
Gendizer
✭✭✭
Is it bugged or what?
Edited by Gendizer on 17 June 2024 17:23
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG.

I have done fewer than you and have one lead. There will be people who have already collected all of them.
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean the lead that specifically drops from the daily coffers (Miniature Mirroretched Brace)? If so, I'm missing that too. So far, I completed 3 dailies per day every day since the launch and did not get it yet. I got all the mythic/blacksmithing station/other music box leads very fast (and I mean ALL of them), but this is the only one that refuses to drop. Makes me suspect that something might be amiss here.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im in the same spot, today will be #10 for each of the west weald dailies and this is the only lead from the new content i havent gotten (barring the furnishing leads in treasure maps)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unlike any other that I got in 1-2 tries, this one took me a while too. I wasn't tracking any new leads at first as they drop so often, surprised when I got it from coffer, because I thought after this many dailies I had it already.
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    you might wanna try dig up all gold leads you currently have and then try again, it always work for me
    For the Covenant!
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FafiQ_xP wrote: »
    you might wanna try dig up all gold leads you currently have and then try again, it always work for me

I do not think it matters. So far, I've been doing the dailies with no gold leads pending on most days. On the other hand, when I decided to go for the new leads one day I amassed like 9 of the gold ones before digging all of them up. So, they were dropping one after another with no issues (with other gold leads pending) . The one from the daily coffers proved to be an outlier for this chapter for some reason. As I wrote before, all other ones showed up very quickly.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the leads except this one, but I'm not going to stress it. I already do the dailies every day so I'll just keep doing them and I'll get it when I get it.
    PCNA
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a lot of dailies with some different characters, but no lead so far.
    My husband got this damn lead on his first daily.
    But I am sure my RNG is account-broken.
    I always play with my husband and it's always the same thing: he always gets everything right away and I have to work immensely to get less than him.
    It cannot always be the same, if it were random. I am convinced that some accounts are born with a buggy RNG.
    I tried to open a ticket... but I got inconclusive and unconstructive answers.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think that every account has hidden parameter "fortune" which affects the randomness. My account has lowest value.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got my last lead today while doing a mosaic, so they are out there. Don't give up hope.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Removed]

Edited by RicAlmighty on 13 July 2024 01:35
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    took me one go to get all but the one from public dungeon, still killin boss in there, feels like last lead drop rate goes down
    PC|EU
    cp2698
    20 characters
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a lot of dailies with some different characters, but no lead so far.
    My husband got this damn lead on his first daily.
    But I am sure my RNG is account-broken.
    I always play with my husband and it's always the same thing: he always gets everything right away and I have to work immensely to get less than him.
    It cannot always be the same, if it were random. I am convinced that some accounts are born with a buggy RNG.
    I tried to open a ticket... but I got inconclusive and unconstructive answers.

People will tell you it's just RNG, it's just coincidence that you're consistently unlucky while your husband is consistently lucky...

But bugs with random number generators do indeed exist. This is a pretty famous one I remember from back in the day in Asheron's Call: https://asheron.fandom.com/wiki/Wi_Flag
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    Already more than 50 quests... I will write to support. It is not normal.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    But bugs with random number generators do indeed exist. This is a pretty famous one I remember from back in the day in Asheron's Call: https://asheron.fandom.com/wiki/Wi_Flag

I remember that! Luckily I wasn't one of those affected by it.
    PCNA
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    About 100 quests. Nothing.
  • Lheymar3
    Lheymar3
    I have already surely between 150 and 200 reward boxes and no lead.
    I guess this really may be bugged. As I have bad expierence writing to support, are there some tipps I should follow to really get some supporter and not just an AI responding?
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote to support but they didn't respond me.
  • Lheymar3
    Lheymar3
    Well, when you open a "bug" ticket, you get a window telling you that you normally do not get a reply. Just in case that the so-called "support" has to gather further information from you, they might contact you.

In this case, it´s hard for me to find kind words about the case as it is VERY FRUSTRATING.

The point is: there are some people getting leads on first try while others (like me) must keep on trying to get it. And this leads to frustrated players. I suggest something in the middle: not a drop in first try, but somehow in between first and 150 (joking a little bit here, in any case some real supporters do read this) reward boxes.

Also, we are able to detect some ways of playing. If a player keeps on doing the same daily quests with many chars and even for day after day, the possibility that this player is trying to get something special out of the reward boxes is quite high. The game is certainly able to detect this and then higher the chance to get the special item.

But no, the game developers keep on ignoring this. In this context, they mention that they want to enable players to play the game as you want it to play. But if I say that my way of playing is “farming leads”, they should also focus on this by not frustrating players like me.

tl;dr: FRUSTRATED PLAYER wants LEAD after having opened 150-200 reward boxes with no lead in it.
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin please tell what's going on?
  • Nathrai
    Nathrai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gendizer wrote: »
    I wrote to support but they didn't respond me.
    A friend and I have first reported the RNG bug early 2018 (and I'm pretty sure other people have done so well before that). Don't get your hopes up, it has been ignored ever since, though with the recent influx of super rare drops it's becoming more obvious to affected people.
    Azura'm s'wit
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have been doing 3 dailies each day since release. No lead so far. This is the only non treasure map lead that I'm missing for the chapter.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have been doing 3 dailies each day since release. No lead so far. This is the only non treasure map lead that I'm missing for the chapter.

same here

up to 15x of each daily done (45 quests total), and no music box lead yet
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want to add that I have done over 100 daily quests (passed the achievement of doing 30x of each) with no lead drop. It's the only Gold Road lead I am missing aside from the ones that drop exclusively from treasure maps.
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Have been doing 2-3 dailies every in WW since release last week, still waiting for the lead for the Miniature Mirroretched Brace. Got all the other pieces after 1-2 trys on 6/16. Clearly, the drop rate for this specific lead is either broken or insanely low.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no lead.
    w8qhhujilv1p.png
    olepm3vc3iq5.png
    Edited by Major_Toughness on 17 June 2024 21:32
    PC EU > You
  • Virenic
    Virenic
    ✭✭
    Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but this lead likely drops exclusively from the mirrormoor incursion daily reward coffers. I have collected this lead twice (working on my third) and both times it was from a mirrormoor incursion reward coffer. The two previous music boxes that were available through antiquities also had a lead that dropped specifically from the world event daily coffer of the relevant zone.

If this is the case, then the estimates people have been providing in this thread for how many coffers they've opened without getting the lead are three times higher than the number of coffers they've opened that actually could have given them the lead.

It exists. It took me over 70 dailies, but it finally dropped. The other four leads were very straightforward and did not take much time at all.

5r59thu9zy1d.png

You can tell this coffer came from completing a mirrormoor incursion daily quest as there is an affix script present as well.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if it is only from the incursion daily and not all dailies, the drop rate is still pretty low

ive done 15 of the incursion dailies and nothing yet
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virenic wrote: »
    Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but this lead likely drops exclusively from the mirrormoor incursion daily reward coffers.

Has this been verified? Everything I've read just says the Miniature Mirroretched Brace comes from zone daily reward coffers. It seems strange that it would be specifically from Incursion coffers when the Bespoke Mirroretched Base already comes from the Incursion.
    PCNA