Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, Massive Spike in Ping/LAG in Recent Days - What Gives?

• Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Today on PCEU at bet 3 and 5 PM EST I had a terrible time, again, with getting repeatedly desynched and my frames do from 50 to single digits on your counter. the Ping would bounce between 160 ans 999+ in Ravenwatch.

Here on PCNA in CP IC I would meet up with certain players and no skills would work at all. I would try heavy attacks and nothing, skills nothing, the toom was held in that position it has right befoe the heavy attack position. After these players were out of range, all the skills would fire in rapid succession. This is happening more and more frequently, I am getting this in public dungeons as well along with being unable to interact with doors or other objects. The skill bar just greying out even on overland content is beyond irritating.

Yeah, this is a good explanation as to the "you can feel the server trying to do math" statement I made earlier. It's like it gets clunky then kind of freezes and then fast forward 5x speed until you're back to live coverage.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is a good explanation as to the "you can feel the server trying to do math" statement I made earlier. It's like it gets clunky then kind of freezes and then fast forward 5x speed until you're back to live coverage.

Yes, been noticing that as well over the past couple of weeks -- sometimes it does feel like server doesn't keep up with combat powers use and just doesn't do what you're pressing buttons for. Heavy attack doesn't start, powers don't fire and so on.

That, and lag spikes, of course.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Today on PCEU at bet 3 and 5 PM EST I had a terrible time, again, with getting repeatedly desynched and my frames do from 50 to single digits on your counter. the Ping would bounce between 160 ans 999+ in Ravenwatch.

Here on PCNA in CP IC I would meet up with certain players and no skills would work at all. I would try heavy attacks and nothing, skills nothing, the toom was held in that position it has right befoe the heavy attack position. After these players were out of range, all the skills would fire in rapid succession. This is happening more and more frequently, I am getting this in public dungeons as well along with being unable to interact with doors or other objects. The skill bar just greying out even on overland content is beyond irritating.

This is what I was saying on post #33.
    Edited by LaintalAy on 25 May 2024 18:46
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was riding my horse across Cyrodiil tonight when my screen froze, and got a "Booted From Server" message. For riding a horse. SMH.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Was riding my horse across Cyrodiil tonight when my screen froze, and got a "Booted From Server" message. For riding a horse. SMH.

This is becoming a lot more common as well. Usually it would be isolated to the rendering lines/loading screen areas on the map but now its much more widespread. Random freeze and yeeted off the server. The 203 or 201 error usually gets me put back in queue as well so thats an hour wait min.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

This is becoming a lot more common as well. Usually it would be isolated to the rendering lines/loading screen areas on the map but now its much more widespread. Random freeze and yeeted off the server. The 203 or 201 error usually gets me put back in queue as well so thats an hour wait min.

Yeah when I got back in, I was still mounted on my horse, except I was back in Vvardenfell and had to start the queue all over again.
  • SxFurey
    SxFurey
    ✭✭✭
    PCNA Greyhost right now:

Gameplay feels sluggish even when there are no big fights nearby. When ball groups showed up, things got exponentially worse and I got booted with the usual error message. 3 times. Went off to play FO76 instead. I'm on LAN.
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SxFurey wrote: »
    PCNA Greyhost right now:

Gameplay feels sluggish even when there are no big fights nearby. When ball groups showed up, things got exponentially worse and I got booted with the usual error message. 3 times. Went off to play FO76 instead. I'm on LAN.

@ZOS_Kevin would like to make note that the lag spikes/ping I started this thread about were outside of the usual "lag caused by ball groups" (which I think is a bs argument because zergs cause lag too but thats a topic for another day).

There could be zero ball groups on and I've gotten these insane spikes/dips in ping/lag.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry about the slow response. We've seen your comments and have been investigating what's happening here. After yesterday's maintenance, we made a change that we believe should have helped, but given some of the comments this morning, the situation still persists for some of you.

We're continuing to take feedback, so if there is anything specific you've noticed, let us know in the thread. Anything is helpful, like is it specific to a megaserver? Does the situation changes if you fully shut down and reboot? Is it specific to an area or specific content? We'll take your specific issues to our team to further investigate.

Ever since the maintenance this week, I've been experiencing a lot of delayed sound effects. Like if I use an ability, loot something, interact with something, etc. the sound effect is often delayed by a couple of seconds. The interaction occurs, just the sound is delayed.

For example: sometimes when I use DK's Unrelenting Grip, the chains will fire at an enemy but there is no sound effect at first, and then a couple of seconds later it will play the sound effect.

PC/NA, official launcher, gamepad mode.

[Edit]
    I have ran a repair on the client and will see if that fixes the problem. But I did not see any mention of anything needing repaired during the process.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on 26 May 2024 15:41
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »
    There have been a lot of complaints, but it's not affecting everyone. I haven't been in Cyrodiil recently, but I've played overland, dungeon and trial content prime time without any lag or the other issues like rubberbanding others are describing.

So it could be a routing issue on one or more of their links. I don't think it's server related.

I was in EA and lagged out so bad i lost both fates.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow.
    Right now PC-EU:

Unexpected error kick,
    then error 303 right after login attempt
    after that queue for several minutes?

Wife had similar,
    just get error 303 (ON THE CHARACTER SELECT) too then queue

@ZOS_Kevin didn't server had some kind of "population drop" right now?
    Edited by davidtk on 26 May 2024 19:53
    Really sorry for my english
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.
    Right now PC-EU:

Unexpected error kick,
    then error 303 right after login attempt
    after that queue for several minutes?

@ZOS_Kevin didn't server had some kind of "population drop" right now?

Same here. Now in a queue of 5hrs 46min XD
  • deltauren
    deltauren
    Soul Shriven
    Same - booted from server and now a 3hr log-in queue...
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. Now in a queue of 5hrs 46min XD

Ah yes, my queue just rised up to 2,5h funny.
    I just wondering how someone can say that is not a server related lol.
    Really sorry for my english
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp - every time I come back to ESO the game has server issues ...

Ironic considering they havre replaced ( 9 years ) old servers recently.
  • IIBonesII
    IIBonesII
    ✭✭
    Almost the entire prog team Im in just got booted on xbox eu... we've got back in quite quick though.

1hr+ queue on my PC though to get on
  • Surtalogic
    Surtalogic
    Soul Shriven
    We got kicked again on PS/EU. Short queue but annoying still
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC EU and I thought that things had improved a bit since the latest maintenance, but today I had multiple lag spikes in IA and vVH. And just now I was logged out while questing and am placed in a login queue:

wcc2dxxu1sak.png

I took a break from ESO in August and started playing again about a month ago. But if this is the new normal, I don't think I'll stick around for long.
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭✭
    And somehow, still have some people saying the game is fine xD. No issues, and we need more content rather than fixes.
  • Bammlschwamml
    Bammlschwamml
    ✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Ever since the maintenance this week, I've been experiencing a lot of delayed sound effects. Like if I use an ability, loot something, interact with something, etc. the sound effect is often delayed by a couple of seconds. The interaction occurs, just the sound is delayed.

For example: sometimes when I use DK's Unrelenting Grip, the chains will fire at an enemy but there is no sound effect at first, and then a couple of seconds later it will play the sound effect.

PC/NA, official launcher, gamepad mode.

[Edit]
    I have ran a repair on the client and will see if that fixes the problem. But I did not see any mention of anything needing repaired during the process.

This is normal on my PS4. I can't even remember how long this has been going on.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Been doing dungeons on PC EU with two friends. Both of them complained about lag, then one got kicked.

Later on we were both kicked from the game unexpectedly. There was no indication in ping numbers, just an unexpected kick with no apparent reason. I wasn't even lagging before it happened.
    Judging by the posts above, it could have happened simultaneously for a big number of players just like a couple days ago when I was kicked during Battlegrounds match the same way.

That maintenance that is said to not happen on Monday -- perhaps our server does need it. Feels like it needs repairing. Lag and errors with kicking players from the game occur every day now on PC EU, and then we're placed in login queues, @ZOS_Kevin
  • KapiteinBoterham
    KapiteinBoterham
    ✭✭✭
    No lag, just random disconnects.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to get light attacks turning into heavies now and again and jabs won't fire then suddenly heavy attack plus a ton of jab damage. Getting annoying.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lag, just random disconnects.
    That's been my issue for days now.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry about the slow response. We've seen your comments and have been investigating what's happening here. After yesterday's maintenance, we made a change that we believe should have helped, but given some of the comments this morning, the situation still persists for some of you.

We're continuing to take feedback, so if there is anything specific you've noticed, let us know in the thread. Anything is helpful, like is it specific to a megaserver? Does the situation changes if you fully shut down and reboot? Is it specific to an area or specific content? We'll take your specific issues to our team to further investigate.

Do any ZOS employees actually play this game on the live server? So many issues wouldn't be a surprise if anyone was playing the game.
    Why has the stuck in combat but persisted for years in pvp? If a single employee played in Cyrodiil it would've been prioritized. I've sat at my faction's main gate after a fight and was in combat for 22 minutes.
    At a minimum combat state should be purged on transit.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why has the stuck in combat but persisted for years in pvp? If a single employee played in Cyrodiil it would've been prioritized. I've sat at my faction's main gate after a fight and was in combat for 22 minutes.
    At a minimum combat state should be purged on transit.

Sometimes even death doesn't remove the stuck in combat status. That right there tells you something is very wrong.

• Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very laggy again this morning fighting dragons. Getting dropped from the server, then relogging to find myself in a queue and then being dropped again. All while a dragon is walking all over my corpse. It is dreadful. Why am I paying subscription fee for this? My network diagnostics are fine (hardwired to 1.5GB fiber). Connections to other games are fine. ESO, as usual, is the poor performer. Why? After 10 years shouldn't these problems be solved by now?
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA, around 6:06am EST , ping jumping from 83ish to 999+ in CP IC, repeatedly. players teleporting all over. Connection seems fine outside of ESO.
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA at round 07:15 am and I'm noticing some pretty annoying lag as well. Doesn't even look to be affecting my ping, I'm just getting frozen interactions (e.g., in combat, when harvesting, when talking with NPCs). Didn't notice it yesterday and connection is fine otherwise.
  • FreyaMikaelson
    FreyaMikaelson
    Soul Shriven
    Lagging so often now. More than ever. Ping gets to 999+ and then I'm kicked out.

A lot of the quests seem to be glitching lately too.