Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Enormous lag and errors?

Ren_TheRedFox
Ren_TheRedFox
✭✭✭
Is it just me or are you guys also having really bad lag/ping and the usual log in errors for the last 2-3 hours? I'm sitting at 300-999+ ping and can't even do the Infinte Archieve, which is a solo instance.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 18, 2024 4:27PM
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just logged out for the day, this PCNA is unplayable , the constant Lag, everything not registering , NPCS and other players teleporting all over the place , its really terrible

cant do quests, cant use bank / inventory, anything
    Options
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @WySoSirius my keybinds and champion points got reset twice in a row now and the constant lag just wipes me no matter where I go ... funny cause earlier today the server seemed to be fine but somehow it went downhill 2 hours ago
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm almost glad I can't log in at all, reading this.
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i was seeing glitches and super late loading assets all over.
    Options
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    well ... can't do anything on the server rn ... even have over 500 ping in my house and I'm just standing still ... soo mehh another day in eso where I can't do anything due to the lack of the server performance
    Options
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WySoSirius my keybinds and champion points got reset twice in a row now and the constant lag just wipes me no matter where I go ... funny cause earlier today the server seemed to be fine but somehow it went downhill 2 hours ago

yeh that has happened to me in the past , i tend to stay out of the game till it gets some normality
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here on PC NA: 999+ spikes after using wayshrines (that is if I'm not booted from the server while trying to teleport), some actions not registering properly. Logged off, will try again later today.
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me, lag suddenly started appearing since December and keeps doing it to this day, going from 120 to 700 randomly :'(

But now that Thieves Guild event is going on, it's first time I've tried to enter Hew's Bane (DLC zone) during it. When traveling there, I got very long loading screen and then I was returned to login screen with "Error 334 Lost lobby connection". I've never had this error in PvE before, only in Cyrodiil prime time during double AP events - when I approached large battle with many players :/
    After I logged in again, this time I tried to travel to more distant wayshrine there. It took a second, and I was able to successfully arrive to Hew's Bane. There were not many players, so I was probably placed into more empty zone shard this time.
    Options
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are you guys also having really bad lag/ping and the usual log in errors for the last 2-3 hours? I'm sitting at 300-999+ ping and can't even do the Infinte Archieve, which is a solo instance.

These problems has been happening months before the crash. I've been sending post to "Bug room" with zero return. ESO servers are, for some reason, very unstable for long time.
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭
    On PC EU as soon as I Travel to like Leyawin, ping starts jumping from 40 to 899 and back. It’s for a few weeks now. Lucky me, rare dc so far
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of lag on PS/NA this morning. Last night was fine.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting lots of stutter lag and rubberbanding i pve since the last bug update. I sadly expect that in PVP but noe PVE is as bad.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • Muriel_La_Strega
    Ps eu unplayable, always kicked off from server, always login failed, since last patch was a HUGE mess, i played 2 years this game, spent a lot of time and Money, but never thought to leave like now...
    Options
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I've had error 301 haunt me for a quite a while all of a sudden when my friend and I were grouped in a daily quest in Vvardenfell. It never happened to me before that I was unable to jump back in -- it persisted and said that server wasn't working. PC EU, btw.
    My internet was fine and quick as always, everything else loaded just fine except for game AND this website, even. Which was coincidental to me.
    I restarted my PC and it worked for 10 minutes before the next 301. Then I brought up Steam (I usually play directing through exe file without Steam, it solves lag and loading screens), and the launcher wasn't loading the news section.
    It was definitely ESO server fault, not my side. Everything else on Internet loaded just swell.

Anywho, after verifying the game files in launcher, the launcher loaded, and game worked.
    Go figure. Gonna see how it goes tonight.
    Just my five cents, if anyone finds it useful in any way =)
    Edited by Kainarel on April 17, 2024 3:27PM
    Options
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so triggered right now tbh ... literally been lagging non stop for 3 hours now in a dead zone ... can't fight, can't even ride somewhere without being stuck in the same place for a few seconds ... seriously what's wrong with the servers?
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post