Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PC-EU players affected by account lockdown

• kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    metheglyn wrote: »

To me it seems like they simply want to make sure they have a full and clear answer before they give it.

That's my point exactly, they could easily have a full and clear answer ready but they want to make sure they are not overcompensating.

If the worst case scenario was that it would take 4 days to restore all locked accounts then just declare a 5 day worth of compensation to all locked accounts. Even if the accounts get fixed early in 2 or 3 days, the worst thing that has happened is you made some of your customers extra happy.
    Edited by kevkj on 17 April 2024 21:11
    Options
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    kevkj wrote: »
    metheglyn wrote: »

To me it seems like they simply want to make sure they have a full and clear answer before they give it.

That's my point exactly, they could easily have a full and clear answer ready but they want to make sure they are not overcompensating.

If the worst case scenario was that it would take 4 days to restore all locked accounts then just declare a 5 day worth of compensation to all locked accounts. Even if the accounts get fixed early in 2 or 3 days, the worst thing that has happened is you made some of your customers extra happy.

I guess we just disagree on this. I don't know how easily they can come up with a full and clear answer and I'm not privy to their motivations, either.

When you say "5 day worth of compensation," what does that encompass, exactly? If they said that, people would still wonder what that meant and what it included.

From various posts that Kevin and Gina have made, it seems like they want to be able to give specific details about the compensation and they can't do that just yet because they're still working on figuring it out. I don't see anything nefarious in that.
    Options
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not claiming Kevin or Gina are being nefarious, it's whoever is signing off on the compensation that is nickel and diming.

It would be incredibly easy for example to just award 500 seals, 3 x 5 tickets, 5 gold event boxes in the mail and extend all the affected eso+ subscriptions by 5 days (though perhaps they have no such mechanism for this one in place). This doesn't get in the way of the technical work of restoring the PTS or the locked accounts, it's simply a matter of approval, of making a promise to placate people in the here and now.

I do agree that waiting for a full and clear answer is the right move, I'm saying that the time it has taken to produce a full and clear answer is indicative of hand wringing by whoever is in charge in making the compensation appropriate.
    Edited by kevkj on 17 April 2024 23:39
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU player here too.
    - for some reason we don’t get the endeavours, only NA. Unfair

I play on both (I have 2800 CP on EU), and my account is locked too. And you're wrong: the 200 endeavors for NA is completely fair.

Why? Because it's to compensate for the special 200-seal pickpocket endeavor. People on NA missed the opportunity to get that because NA was down for 9 hours on that day, including all of NA prime time.

EU never went down on that day. And the account locks that affected people on EU didn't take effect until after that special endeavor had ended on EU.

So people on EU--even people who got their accounts locked--did not lose any opportunity at all to get the special 200-seal pickpocketing endeavor.

Now, as someone who had your account locked, you missed out on endeavors, but those are OTHER endeavors that you missed. Not the special 200-seal pickpocketing one. And I expect that ZOS will compensate us separately for those endeavors.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    I don't know if I have been swept up by the lockdown, but I can't stay logged into EU-PC for more than a minute without a crash and screen report. My NA-PC is fine. 2nd day and its getting ripe.
    Options
  • Bjergenen
    Bjergenen
    ✭✭✭
    rotten333 wrote: »
    I don't know if I have been swept up by the lockdown, but I can't stay logged into EU-PC for more than a minute without a crash and screen report. My NA-PC is fine. 2nd day and its getting ripe.

No, if you would be under lockdown you wouldnt be able to even log in. Servers were little unstable lately but i would try playing for a while without addons to check if they dont cause this. If you dont have any addons to cause this then posting which error you are getting might help.

But anyway can ZOS mods lock this discussion? I think most of us are really happy how things ended so there is no point in keeping this post :smiley:
    Edited by Bjergenen on 18 April 2024 23:29
    Options
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    With all the addons being broken and the errors allowing uncounted gold sifting through. Lots of us who fought through including me needed help so I found that the removing addons solved my immediate issues. Seriously I didn't break the addons or take advantage of the glitches. Just some help
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.