The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PTS Update 42 - Feedback Thread for Classes & Abilities

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GLS actively discourages the use of the new scribing abilities. That feels really bad.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GLS actively discourages the use of the new scribing abilities. That feels really bad.

If it's not clear, I believe you're eluding to the fact that using GLS forces Necro to use Skulls to generate corpses.

Unfortunate because the intention of the skill was to reduce the complexity of casting BB every 3s while providing the user a universal 15% dot buff to access power elsewhere. Coupled with Rapid Rot's 10%, Necromancer had the highest opportunity of any class to make scribing shine with all of the extra dots they now have access to. Skills like Soul Burst and Contingency are effectively universal DK Talons without the synergy. Decent semi Spammable damage.

We've screamed ad nauseam about GLS being mechanically broken by requiring the 3s delay from skeleton or the in combat requirement. But at the very least that corpse generation should be universally applicable instead of requiring Flame Skull.

Templar for example, they specifically redesigned Burning Light to proc on any damage so that Templar's weren't shoehorned into jabs. Jabs is still great, but if you wanted to use something else you're not severely punished for it. This should be a design consideration for GLS.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on 19 April 2024 14:42
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molten Whip needs to either be able to gain stacks from any flame and poison damage ability or any class ability. I feel heavily discouraged from using a spammable other than Noxious Breath or Flames of Oblivion since a sizeable portion of my burst potential is tied to using an Ardent Flame spammable. No other class has such a restriction on their burst ability. Even Arcanist got a script to help alleviate their issue of only getting crux from class abilities.
    Options
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    I am very happy to see werewolf getting some updates. However I do want to share my thoughts and points of view for werewolf.

Please don't forgot about this it was mentioned as a possibility but I really hope werewolves will be able to sneak one day
    • I like the added bleed to light attacks. because I am a pve warden werewolf this doesn't affect me much but I can understand the pain for sorcerer werewolves. :( very sad to lose 5% when already underperforming. this also affects sundered I believe which sucks since werewolf tanks can't apply minor breach otherwise. Also through my testing not once did I get the bleed to proc.
    • I like the major protection but it should be passive on all werewolves with no morph requirements and if doing Terrified then it should be both morphs. for tanking minor resolve and minor breach should to be added somewhere. because these are buffs not covered by oaken soul and that are not possible otherwise without sacrificing additional set bonuses.
    • I like Terrified wish it was also not at the cost of losing major breach and major protection.... also wish it was a 15% boost to all damage done by werewolves. I like the removal of standing in front of the enemy for more damage. just wish the damage boost was higher. also when I read the skill I assumed it was like the vamp ult. Not a major deal but hoped. Just make it a flat bonus for slotting something around 10% or 15% to all damage we are too far behind that a mere 10% is hardly going to scratch the surface...
    • Howl of Despair the synergy being 20 seconds this is awesome and thank you! I like having an option so we don't have to be set in stone wearing Tzogvin's Warband. Wish the heavy attacks overall were faster to be able to get more out of the empower.
    • I like a taunt was added! First thing I did was test the human form heavy and it doesn't taunt unless your a wolf! feel like a faster heavy attack would help this a ton so wolves don't die trying to taunt. Tested that you are able to do partial heavy attacks to taunt and will increase player survival while taunting, its still risky but only takes a second rather then the usually ungodly long heavy the werewolf has. FYI: I tested on 10.0.0.1 however I was upset about the nurf to werewolf in general and uninstalled pts so can only assume this hasn't changed in 10.0.0.2 where they fixed the issue where this ability’s passive slot bonuses would disable after the character dies.

Things I would like to see on wolf.
    • A higher ceiling for Damage
    • Ability to sneak,
    • A ground based aoe (for options of set bonuses),
    • A way to use ultimate while in form (for options of set bonuses example: push and hold 2 seconds changes form.. normal press uses generated ultimate doesn't have to be a bonus just something so we can use to trigger sets... Just an idea could also tie the timer into the amount of ult in possession, that way we can build up our timer to 500 seconds and we know how long form will last as our ult number will count down. also this will allow us to retransform if we keep the ult after losing form just need to make sure we don't lose form too fast at 0 ult),
    • Changes to Pounce to make Carnage less clunky (Pounce is one of my biggest struggles with werewolf fighting to keep the buff up.. second press doesn't always go off in a timely manor would be better if it could be pressed without requiring a target so we can actually hit targets with it besides its aoe anyway right?.. for me its a nuisance and one of the things holding back some damage potential not much but some),
    • fixes to werewolf healing, (both for healing self and possibly healing others big changes are needed here) biggest issue I have is the major berserk being rarely active in actual content. and the fact that I don't have heals when I need them..
      1. a dot heal to self, (Claws of Life the heal is far too weak to be worth using)
      2. cheaper or stronger heal possibly off offensive stats,
      3. Hircine's Rage major berserk off an overheal please / or make it easier for a wolf to maintain max health...
    Edited by autocookies on 3 May 2024 14:29
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it was mentioned, I'd like to bring up my entire post requesting the ability for Werewolves to be able to sneak:
    For whatever reason, the ability to use stealth while in Werewolf form is disabled. This may have been inspired by Skyrim's Werewolf implementation, but it wasn't always this way. In this thread, I'll outline the reasons why Werewolf should be allowed to sneak.

Werewolf "sneaking" animations already exist in-game. Below is a screenshot of a player who is crouched. Due to a visual bug, they are shown on the client side as being in Werewolf form, when in actuality, they are in human form. This allows me to see the "unused" Werewolf stealth animations that would otherwise never be seen.
    zhzd6bu6twur.png

EDIT: Here is a video of some of the usually inaccessible Werewolf animations, courtesy of @IncultaWolf. This is only possible with the aforementioned visual bug; I am not actually in Werewolf form in this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2xkQSbr6io
    • 0:00 to 0:18: I toggle between crouching and uncrouching. To get an idea what the uninterrupted idle crouch animation looks like, see the next video.
    • 0:18 to 0:38: I showcase the movement animations for crouching with weapons sheathed and toggle walk enabled. This is the prowling animation that werewolf NPCs use.
    • 0:38 to end: I showcase various animations using emotes. In chronological order, they are /kneelpray, /begone, /crouch, and /playdead. Additionally, other emotes like /take, /smash, and /cower have been known to work, but those are not shown in this video.

Further, you can see this animation for yourself in-game if you use an Invisibility potion while in Werewolf form and sheathe your weapons. Here is a video of what that idle stealth animation looks like:
    https://youtu.be/eYMqCqBr1zQ
    Also notice the animations of the NPC werewolves in the background. They use different animations than the player does, but the fact that these animations already exist in the game means that allowing Werewolf to sneak wouldn't require new animations to be made.

Werewolves were able to sneak in past Elder Scrolls titles. For instance, here is a video clip taken from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, from the Bloodmoon DLC. In this video, I demonstrate how crouching in Werewolf form looks in first and third person:
    https://youtu.be/lDmSwCruQFE
    Notice the pickpocketing icon on the lower left that appears whenever the character uses stealth. Werewolves were able to sneak in TES III, but for whatever reason they were not given that functionality in their next appearance in TES V. Given that ESO's implementation of Werewolf is heavily inspired by the implementation in TES V, it's not surprising that the functionality just wasn't considered.

The inability to sneak causes problems in certain content. The most infamous example is in the March of Sacrifices dungeon, where during the indrik hunt phases, you must "crouch down" in order to avoid being detected. Werewolves can receive a boon to become immune to the teleporting magic, but they must first complete the 2nd side indrik hunt in their human form to receive it.
    Furthermore, the Graven Deep dungeon has a crouch mechanic for the 2nd side boss. In the corridor to reach it, there are laser traps, and some of them are designed to only let you through if your character is crouching, or otherwise ducking under them. This is an annoyance for werewolves, because they cannot get past these lasers without dropping form.
    Werewolves cannot complete content which requires players to crouch, as they currently have no ability to crouch.

Werewolves cannot engage in stealthy playstyles without invisibility potions. Since they cannot use stealth, and their only source of invisibility comes from potions, they must rely on potion cooldown builds to mimic the capacity for stealth that other builds have access to. Even if you play a Nightblade Werewolf, your options for being sneaky are limited, so Werewolf ganker builds just do not work. Granting Werewolf the ability to sneak would bring them on a more level playing field, and it would grant Werewolf access to sets which proc off of crouching, like Sentry and Darloc Brae, increasing build diversity.

Sneaking is thematically appropriate for werewolves. As hunters, werewolves need to be able to get the jump in on their prey. They have the supernatural endurance to chase their foes down, but as it is now, they will always be spotted first. Werewolves shouldn't have their ability to sneak taken away from them just because they transform into a beast that is supposed to be better suited for hunting.

Thank you for reading my post. I sincerely hope that we can receive some developer comment on why the ability to sneak was taken away from werewolves. If it took us receiving the Wolfhunter DLC in order to be able to resurrect our allies while in Werewolf form, then I hope that we soon receive some other relevant DLC to give us the ability to sneak.

Now that ZOS has legitimized tanking playstyles with Werewolf, would it also be possible to legitimize stealthy "hunter" playstyles?
    @ZOS_PhilipDraven @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Is there any chance that Werewolf will be allowed to crouch/sneak, and would it be possible for werewolves to have "assassination" animations (like the Blade of Woe or Vampire feeding) made? It would mean a lot to us Werewolf players to be able to do these things.

The ability to sneak would allow Werewolf to complete Thieves Guild Heists without Invisibility potions, while the ability to assassinate would allow Werewolf to complete Dark Brotherhood Sacraments without accruing a bounty. Further, being allowed to crouch would allow Werewolf to complete March of Sacrifices from beginning to end without needing to drop form at all.

Werewolf Grimoires could fix some of the issues players have with Werewolf tanking, but Grimoires can't give Werewolf the ability to sneak. I hope we can be given access to these sorts of playstyles in Werewolf form in the future.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • necro_the_crafter
    necro_the_crafter
    ✭✭✭
    Necro will become scribomancer next patch c:

Please amdit and acknowladge that there is a bunch of problems with this class power level starting from weaker passives and not so much useful spells.

Buffing tether is a nice step reverting standartization changes, i think skeletal archer\arcanist could also be revisited as they are NOT single target dots, and also not cloak effects. They dont hit a consistant aoe like hurricane or blade cloak, nor do they consistantly deal dot damage to a single target until duration is over or they are purged.

I had this idea for a time, what if you could activate your archer\arcanist after summon to launch them at a selected area dealing direct aoe damage and creating corpse on a area YOU choose. Would be nice to have a bit more control over corpse placement.

Bone totem, grave grasp intended as cc spells that is way too clunky to use over turn-evil/dizzing swing/hungry sythe/dawnbreaker/mesmerize even, and there is also a bunch of useful and more controllable cc's coming with scribing, so expect bone totem and grave grasp to never see a light of day again.

Bone goliath and reanimate need tweaking, collosus needs a little love, like leaving a aoe dot after it finishes smashing, or change major vuln to unique debuff.

Passives, for example:
    arcanist - splintered secrets - 991 pen per herald of the tome skill slotted (with tide king gaze, tentacle and fatecarver 2973 pen)
    nb - master assasin - 2974 pen while flanking
    necro - dismember - 1500 pen while gravelord skill active(permanent in pve, useless in pvp due to being active only while bb alive, not a single necro i came across used gls in pvp, neither did I).

death gleaning maybe could return resourses also when corpse is created, would be cool change for single boss fights and pvp where rn this passive is useless

also wierd 3% bonuses for sloting a skill have to go, and more interactive effects to take its place.

BUT, overall, with the changes that scribing brings, necros will finaly have acess to essential buffs, different cc varitants, and will be much more viable option for pvp and pve hopefully. At least it will be interesting to theorycraft.

EDIT:
    also pls update the ui to show a 0.5sec gcd. I didnt knew that gcd exist until i suddenly had a youtube video thrown at me by the algoryithms... and after installing the addon i finaly came to realisation that server performance wasnt the issue that caused my game to ignore my inputs... it was gcd and a lack of action quing...
    Edited by necro_the_crafter on 19 April 2024 19:01
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Live, I was able to hit 107k DPS with Werewolf:
    ys35m7uajjdt.png

After the changes to Werewolf on the PTS, I'm only just barely able to hit 100k with the same setup:
    33dw2fyeb882.png

Howl of Agony did 29k DPS (27.4% overall) on Live, but it now only does 25k DPS (25.8% overall) on Week 1 of the U42 PTS.

The rotation on Live prebuffs with Hircine's Rage, then light attack weaving between every ability, goes Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Claws of Anguish --> Hircine's Rage --> Howl of Agony (x4) --> Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Hircine's Rage --> Howl of Agony (x5) --> repeat.

The rotation on the PTS prebuffs with Hircine's Rage, then light attack weaving between every ability, goes Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Claws of Anguish --> Hircine's Rage --> Ferocious Roar --> Howl of Agony (x3) --> Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Hircine's Rage --> Ferocious Roar --> Howl of Agony (x4) --> repeat.

The changes to Piercing Howl and Roar require Werewolf damage dealers to burn GCDs debuffing with Ferocious Roar, which lowers DPS compared to Live, not to mention that the total bonus damage of Howl of Agony was lowered from 25% to 20% with perfect conditions. The drop in damage is significant.

As someone who plays Werewolf in PvE as well as in PvP, can something be done to give Werewolf back some of the damage it lacks? This update is going to punish PvE Werewolf damage dealers, and it'll undoubtedly make Werewolf's burst in PvP much less effective.
    Edited by Erickson9610 on 21 April 2024 06:23

Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ys35m7uajjdt.png

After the changes to Werewolf on the PTS, I'm only just barely able to hit 100k with the same setup:
    33dw2fyeb882.png

Howl of Agony did 29k DPS (27.4% overall) on Live, but it now only does 25k DPS (25.8% overall) on Week 1 of the U42 PTS.

The rotation on Live prebuffs with Hircine's Rage, then light attack weaving between every ability, goes Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Claws of Anguish --> Hircine's Rage --> Howl of Agony (x4) --> Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Hircine's Rage --> Howl of Agony (x5) --> repeat.

The rotation on the PTS prebuffs with Hircine's Rage, then light attack weaving between every ability, goes Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Claws of Anguish --> Hircine's Rage --> Ferocious Roar --> Howl of Agony (x3) --> Brutal Pounce --> Brutal Carnage --> Hircine's Rage --> Ferocious Roar --> Howl of Agony (x4) --> repeat.

The changes to Piercing Howl and Roar require Werewolf damage dealers to burn GCDs debuffing with Ferocious Roar, which lowers DPS compared to Live. Not to mention that the total bonus damage of Howl of Agony was lowered from 25% to 20% with perfect conditions, and the ability no longer ranks up in damage done. The drop in damage is significant.

As someone who plays Werewolf in PvE as well as in PvP, can something be done to give Werewolf back some of the damage it lacks? This update is going to punish PvE Werewolf damage dealers, and it'll undoubtedly make Werewolf's burst in PvP much less effective.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This is a very insightful post. Erickson is one of the top werewolf players and has some of the highest parses I've seen on it, even though it performs worse than any class in the game. A lot of us were initially excited to see potential buffs for this playstyle but after having done testing, it's actually a nerf in several areas.

The acknowledgment that werewolf is underperforming compared to other playstyles is appreciated, but these changes need to be looked at again.

I'm personally most disappointed in the "terrified" debuff doing nothing. I expected some form of visual effect to help "mark our prey" like the patch notes said. Something like a blood scent to see enemies through walls like the vampire scion ultimate or allow you to see enemies in stealth would be amazing and make werewolf a lot more fun to play! I'd still like to see werewolves be given the ability to sneak. It was a feature in Morrowind and would allow ww tanks to use support mythics like Spaulder of Ruin.
    Options
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    The new werewolf taunt can work off medium/partial heavy attacks so taunt speed wise wolves should have no trouble maintaining taunt with enough practice only takes about 1 second to taunt each enemy with my playing around with it.

However, I experienced a bug with the taunt I would like known. After dying and reviving in wolf form the taunt no longer works unless you lose form and re-wolf back up... Please address this if possible as this will take 200+ ultimate per pull if a player wants to tank as a werewolf.

Both major protection and the taunt is lost on werewolf death + revive.

This has been fixed in 10.0.0.2 according to the patch notes. (I don't have pts anymore to test)
    Edited by autocookies on 3 May 2024 14:32
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, simply put, where is the stamplar love?

we have
    • no class healing
    • no defensive options
    • no mobility
    • no major damage
    • a super clunky burst that is laughbly bad at the best of times
    • super limited sustain options
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »

we have
    • no class healing
    • no defensive options
    • no mobility
    • no major damage

Now we will get 33k resists and be slow af
    Woo?
    Jabs still hits like a noodle in pvp, potl useless unless in a duel in 4 damage sets
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »

we have
    • no class healing
    • no defensive options
    • no mobility
    • no major damage

Now we will get 33k resists and be slow af
    Woo?
    Jabs still hits like a noodle in pvp, potl useless unless in a duel in 4 damage sets

The 33k armour is for Templar as a whole, and when it's used to justify more nerds stamplars is gonna end up caught in the crossfire, again, and get basically deleted at this point
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of assuming that since Piercing Howl now ranks up in cost reduction (rather than damage done) that the base damage overall was nerfed. I compared the tooltip on Live to the tooltip on the PTS, and Howl of Agony deals the same base damage, but is now cheaper to cast.
    5hey8drdlk4c.png

Hopefully this isn't an oversight, because if the damage is lowered to compensate for the reduced cost, then the PvE damage dealer werewolves will deal even less damage than before.

Edit: I realize now that the Live version of the ability ranked up in bonus damage done, not base damage done. Thus, there is no issue here. Still, the PTS version of the ability undeniably deals less damage than the Live version of the ability, so it is an overall nerf.
    Edited by Erickson9610 on 21 April 2024 22:23

Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was very glad to see the corpse bug fixed in the PTS after testing, although I didn't see it listed anywhere in the notes. Not sure if I missed it, but it might be good to put the fix in the notes since this is a pretty big bug on live that's been present since Necrom.
    Options
  • Shizzer
    Shizzer
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to see some love for PVE Nightblade to make them more viable for optimized group compositions that's all :)
    Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week with ZERO changes made to Grave Lord's Sacrifice. I guess it's 3 more months with this dead morph.
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Nightblade: Ambush has a cast time. It's s non ultimate gap closer.

I don't see any patch notes in 10.0.1 that says you've fixed Ambush to a instant cast blink. Instead of its current 0.4s abomination.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Claws of Life may suggest the heal portion occurs separately from the damage as a flat value of 2000/second.
    Options
  • Storms_in_Argonia
    Storms_in_Argonia
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    I play 2 classes, Warden and Necromancer, and have some feedback regarding recent patches and their current direction on pts.

First, my warden. Honestly, as a pve player, my warden feels great. I love healing and dpsing and tanking. I'm sure there are improvements to be made, but the biggest negative I had from the patch notes was the developer comment: "In order to help the Warden's damage production without rocking the boat too much in PvP (where they already are plenty strong), we're adding a conditional bonus that will mainly activate in PvE. We are also trying to add more sources of damage to their damage focused skill line, so we can slowly look at shifting damage out of their tanking focused skill line."

That developer comment gives me concern because it feels like priority right now with class design might be too math focused and miss another essential element, which is that of the power fantasy. Right now for Warden you have various power fantasies from "animal friend" to "plant friend" to "weather wizard/cryomancer". While other new classes such as the arcanist or necromancer may have well developed dps/tank/heal paths, they have a much narrower power fantasy focus. I understand it might be easier to balance if each tree for each class was largely based around one role, but the warden, for better or worse, is one of my favorite classes because it has such a large and varied power fantasy. I can be a druid plant friend healer, or an icy evil vampiric witch, or a ranger with a bow and a bear friend. Right now...I honestly think the classes paths largely work. I don't think it really needs a revamp, and I wouldn't want to lose my ability to have ice protect me/heal me/damage my foes depending on build and circumstance. They're all fun. I do think the final skills in the frost line and plant line are both a bit meh and far too situational. I think the hodge-podge look of warden may feel messy from a developement standpoint. Maybe someone is going, "we need a much cleaner design path and choice for this class". For myself, at least, it unironically works right now. It's a great jack-all-of-trades class with a slew of different power fantasies to fulfill. Of all my classes, it is the one with the most armory slots bought, and I love it for that. I, as a player, don't mind if warden doesn't have a clear-cut dps/tank/heal path because all of its themes make it fun for me. If ice became only about tanking I would have less fun. Be wary of looking for clean organizational and mathematical elegance in classes at the expense of fun.

Now, my Necromancer. I think recent changes have kind of made the class a bit clunky. Grave lord's sacrifice is a bit odd...It does give the class some nice damage buffs, though it's a big too clunky to use. As as been mentioned, the requirement to be in combat for a prebuff doesn't exist for most classes. I don't think this should be viewed like the Arcanist's cruxs. If you get the +15% damage buff morph it's much more akin in my mind to dragonknights getting empower from molten armaments. If you want it to stay in combat, then as mentioned by others when the change was first introduced I think a 25 second duration would be more than fine given the 2.5s delay in the buff applying. Most necro dots are 10seconds or 20 seconds and having to accomodate the delay with our skill timings is too awkward.

That's the other ironic thing. This skill in my mind recognizes the necromancer as a dot class, but it is also oddly anti-synergystic with the magicka morph of flame skull. If I'm going magicka themed I get the morph of flame skull that bounces to other enemies and then as a bonus on this skill I get something very similar? The theme overlap I don't think works. In fact, while I can't speak for others, I haven't really found a nice place in my rotation for the richochet skull skill. It looks cool, but it feels a bit too expensive for what it does and the direct damage component of it is somewhat at odds with the rest of the classes damage-over-time focus. What I'd like to see is a rework of ricochet skull and sacrificial bones/grave lord's sacrifice. You recently reworked status effects. I'd like the sacrifical bones skill to be like blighted blastbones as base minus the disease damage and status effect, just pure physical. Then as the magicka morph just make it a frost skeleton and have it apply the chilled status effect. For richochet skull I'd honestly love a complete rework into a sticky dot skill somewhat similar to the dragonknight's ash clould skill. What I mean by this is have the spell place a tiny aoe on an enemy (it can be small like 2.5m like pillar of nirn burst area) with a small burst at the start and then a subtle aoe over time with an upkeep cost. The fx for this spell could still be the skull just stationary floating around the target chomping at them. Then for the stam/magicka morphs just have it do poison damage or flame damage and apply the respective status effects on inital impact with an internal cooldown of 10 seconds like the eruptive damage of "eruption" for dragonknight. Also, I don't know if this bug is still on pts, but it is on live, but the "rapid rot" passive doesn't show an increase in tooltip damage at all for boneyard and shocking siphon skills at all. I hope it works behind the scenes, but if it doesn't that could be a reason why the class as felt a bit behind. Make sure it's working :)

Thank you for working on the game. I just wanted to share my thoughts and concerns regarding my two favorite classes and their future in eso.
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new werewolf taunt can work off medium/partial heavy attacks so taunt speed wise wolves should have no trouble maintaining taunt with enough practice only takes about 1 second to taunt each enemy with my playing around with it.

However, I experienced a bug with the taunt I would like known. After dying and reviving in wolf form the taunt no longer works unless you lose form and re-wolf back up... Please address this if possible as this will take 200+ ultimate per pull if a player wants to tank as a werewolf.

Both major protection and the taunt is lost on werewolf death + revive.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Brett

is a fix possible for this werewolf taunt / major protection loss upon death bug?

Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade has many problems, but there are two main ones.

The first problem is that Nightblade is the worst performing PvE DPS.
    Compared to PvE Top tier classes, Nightblade's single dps is over 10% worse.
    Of course, AoE DPS is also at the bottom. And skill rotation is the most complex.
    Designed as a DPS when ESO started, Nightblade suffers as the worst DPS in its 10th anniversary.

There are many ways and ideas to solve this problem, but I think a simple solution is better.
    Here are some simple ideas to buff PvE Nightblade DPS.

[My idea list]
    1. Increase the duration of the passive ability Dark Veil to 4 seconds.
    2. Increase Death Stroke's duration and reduce its ult cost. (For example, if the ult cost is 60 and the effect time is 12 seconds, the DPS will increase by about 5%)
    3. Change the "Pressure Points" value of the passive skill to 657.
    4. Passive ability "Magicka Flood" increases stamina and magicka. (Rename it to "Power Flood".)
    5. Change all stamina morph skills of Nightblade such as Killer's Blade to "Bleed Damage" and unify them. (Incapacitating Strike, Killer's Blade, Ambush, Relentless Focus, Surprise Attack, Power Extraction.)

The second problem is that of red light.
    It is discussed in the thread below.

[Grim Focus Permaglow]
    Jazraena wrote: »
    Grim Focus now makes your weapons permanently glow just for having the ability slotted

But it feels like game creators are forever ignoring us.
    Game creators may not have time to give love to all classes.
    But shouldn't game creators give players a fair chance without discriminating between classes?

The game balance that only tier1 classes can enjoy is a bad habit of old MMORPG.

Isn't class "discrimination" unnecessary in modern times?
    Shouldn't game creators at least try to make the game balance fair?
    For the past 10 years, it feels like game creators have done nothing but mess up game balance.

ESO is full of bugs and the game balance is messed up.
    It's been 10 years. It’s been 10 years, right?
    Do you really think this is acceptable as the result of 10 years of work?
    Options
  • Arieswar13
    Arieswar13
    ✭✭✭

BUT, overall, with the changes that scribing brings, necros will finaly have acess to essential buffs, different cc varitants, and will be much more viable option for pvp and pve hopefully. At least it will be interesting to theorycraft.

These things should be baseline. Necromancer is suffering in both pve and pvp. The core abilities need both damage and utility increases to be on par with other classes. Then allow us to enjoy scribing like very other class.
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simply put, where's the stamplar buffs?
    as they currently stand stamplar has
    no class healing
    no mobility
    no defensive options
    no class execute
    laughable damage spammable
    clunky ineffective burst
    super limited sustain options (eat corpses or get ~240 stam a second)
    no group buffs
    no group debuffs
    no ranged offensive capbility

but stamplar currently has
    a spamable that does a base +120 damage to aoe targets and gives you a buff that is easily accessable via other means
    a CC skill that is meh in pve and junk tier in pvp due to being super telegraphed to the point where an eyeless goldfish can see it coming
    a cleanseable burst skill that does diddly squit in pvp and requires you to go ham in pve to get half a gnats fart of damage out of it

and before you read this zos and go "but muh hrybird scaling on ritual of retribution"
    1: that does not heal
    2: it's a magicka skill, thus magplar can use it more than 3 times in a row
    3: it does not resolve the underlying issues that stamplar being three quaters negletcted and 100% forgotten
    Options
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer's Dark Magic passive change for Blood Magic is a WELCOME quality of life improvement which improves some of the underwhelming aspects of the skills in the line without healing too much to other players like in the case of Encase or Mines since it only effects yourself.

However, Sorc's recent Ward buff in U41 was already a bit overturned with much of the discourse being when a mag sorc stacks 40-60k magicka, they become invincible with really good damage, insane sustain and defenses. With Blood Magic in the mix, please revisit Ward balancing as Sorc has received 2 back to back healing buffs making them very problematic in comparison to pre U41/U42 woes we faced.

I'd like to highlight Blood Magic is not specifically the problem, Wards are when coupled with Blood Magic.

This is my suggestion:
    • Hardened = 10k heal over 6s (ticks once every 2s, total 4 ticks, 2.5k/s) (Does not scale based on hp/mag)
    • Empowered = 10k heal over 10s (ticks once every 2s, total 6 ticks, 1.6k/s) (Does not scale based on hp/mag)

These changes complete 2 things:
    1. Wards provide a slightly higher tooltip of healing, but it's only accessible over 6-10s reducing the amount of burst defenses they get by spamming it back to back. Instead of getting a 5-9k heal proc, you're getting only 2.5k. Instead of being frontloaded for the heal, it's backloaded.
    2. By making it a FLAT value, you reduce the extremes of these skills being useless for normal builds using 30k hp/mag or completely overpowered for stacking builds using 40k+ hp or 50k+ mag. The major focus shifts from the damage shield itself which still scales based on hp/mag.

THAT WAS A GOOD POST
    Options
  • necro_the_crafter
    necro_the_crafter
    ✭✭✭
    Grave lord sacrifice changes this patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os1trvMQdwM
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people allowed to cleanse/purge the Terrified effect? Werewolf's bonus damage from Piercing Howl can be reduced simply by purging the Terrified effect.

Further, this means that because Werewolf has no in-kit purge or negative effect removal skill, Werewolves are the only ones who can't "un-Terrify" themselves. Werewolf is quite literally hit the hardest from this change to Piercing Howl.

Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of assuming that since Piercing Howl now ranks up in cost reduction (rather than damage done) that the base damage overall was nerfed. I compared the tooltip on Live to the tooltip on the PTS, and Howl of Agony deals the same base damage, but is now cheaper to cast.
    5hey8drdlk4c.png

Hopefully this isn't an oversight, because if the damage is lowered to compensate for the reduced cost, then the PvE damage dealer werewolves will deal even less damage than before.
    Yep, it deal less damage as you can only have up to 20% damage boost on PTS (Terrified & Off balance de-buffs) vs 25% on live server just for positioning yourself face-to-face to the enemy or having them feared.

I would imagine that it is gonna get even worse in PvE once we factor in rotation & the need to constantly re-fresh de-buffs (Terrified & Off balance).

In PvP, on live server you can either "face" the enemy for the 25% damage bonus or having them feared. And since fear is a CC that everyone has access to, even non-WW can cast it on the enemy in a group play so that WW can still have a synergy and have 25% damage bonus that way.

On PTS, Terrified is a WW-only de-buff, meaning that in a group play you can not simply use some one else (non-WW) to cast fear on the enemy, nor you can "face" the enemy for the damage bonus. All you can have now is only 10% damage bonus with off-balance and maybe another 10% if you get hyper lucky.

Also as mentioned before - in PvP Terrified can be purged and this means that you can not reliably hit players with 20% damage bonus... that is assuming if they did not dodged it in a 1st place lol (which happens like 70% of times).

Also, I am not sure about Off balance and whenever that can be purged / removed. It also should be cleansable as it is a "negative effect". So It looks like in theory, the nerfed damage bonus (25% > 20%) will be effectively removed in a PvP fight.

Anyway, for PvP it means that WW is basically losing 25% damage bonus. Not that it matters much as WW is already a bottom of the barrel spec.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 25 April 2024 20:27
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It deal less damage as you can only have up to 20% damage boost on PTS (Terrified & Off balance de-buffs) vs 25% on live server just for positioning yourself face-to-face to the enemy or having them feared.

I would imagine that it is gonna get even worse in PvE once we factor in rotation & the need to constantly re-fresh de-buffs (Terrified & Off balance).

It is much worse. See my PvE parse on Live vs on the PTS:
    ys35m7uajjdt.png

33dw2fyeb882.png

The changes to Piercing Howl and Roar require Werewolf damage dealers to burn GCDs debuffing with Ferocious Roar, which lowers DPS compared to Live, not to mention that the total bonus damage of Howl of Agony was lowered from 25% to 20% with perfect conditions. The drop in damage is significant.

About 7k DPS loss. Now we have to cast Ferocious Roar in order to get just a fraction of our original damage back. If anything, the bonus damage should have been buffed in order to make up for the loss of damage due to needing to spend GCDs debuffing the enemy.

It makes no sense why the damage was nerfed when Werewolf was already struggling to compete in content. Unlike other playstyles, Werewolf players can't simply slot a different skill from a different skill line.

Options
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone able to give feed back on the necro siphon/coil buffs? Does it make much of a difference?
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »
    Anyone able to give feed back on the necro siphon/coil buffs? Does it make much of a difference?

I haven't tested it, but even if it does make a difference, its a stationary ability, with a very small AOE. Even if you boost the damage its practically useless unless your a tank. No ranged player would use it. And in pvp, you can easily avoid it. Honestly, they just need to rework how that skill works. How, idk, but making in mobile would be the first place I'd go. And replace this garbage blast bones with something useful. Necro has too many CD's to worry about as is, reducing one would be a huge quality of life improvement.
    Options