Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

PTS Update 42 - Feedback Thread for Scribing (Combat & Skills)

• Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZDunlain wrote: »
    Telos_Tim wrote: »
    SeaUnicorn wrote: »
    33,000 resistance is the cap on how much damage you can prevent, meaning, when you have all of your heavy armor on that’s required due to the amazing tank passives you get from it, and combine your additional resistance from the Balanced Warrior passive… the class mastery will ONLY apply a 50% snare to you, with no benefit whatsoever.
    You could run on less then soft cap in PVE in places like vAS for example. You only need resists when Olms swipes and jumps and for occasional Llothis cone. So you get some nice semi-spammable DPS skill and tank butt naked in glass cannon build doing 70k+ DPS as MT

You mean every other second? Olms basic attacks kill you in cap resistance if you drop block, which you will if you’re in light armor with their uniquely horrible tanking passives…

Not to mention, there are already options available in the game to tank in medium armor, that are both better and more efficient than using our Class Mastery, you have the Esoteric Environment Greaves that tack on 50% mitigation at the cost of stam, something that someone wearing medium armor would have no problem sparing.

On my friend’s PvP build, using 3 damage sets, they sit at 33k resistance buffed with a 3 heavy, 3 medium, 1 light setup using all protective jewelry on their defending dual wield bar, here’s their front bar sitting at 31k, easily…

ts3i7n0gbngx.jpeg

Resistance is so easily sourced, this mastery provides nothing new, or impactful in PvE.

That seems really good for duels but in bg and cyro it will be dead really easy with that low sustain/movement speed

The reason I posted that screenshot was to illustrate how easy it was to get to resistance cap in PVE, showing how there was next-to-no sacrifice as the rest of the stats were great.

As far as Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, the build works fine, not to say that Templar is a good open-world class to begin with, but both of those “weak areas” you’ve mentioned are covered by Off-Balance heavies with Repentance and Major Expedition.
    Edited by Telos_Tim on 30 April 2024 16:16
    Options
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    SeaUnicorn wrote: »
    33,000 resistance is the cap on how much damage you can prevent, meaning, when you have all of your heavy armor on that’s required due to the amazing tank passives you get from it, and combine your additional resistance from the Balanced Warrior passive… the class mastery will ONLY apply a 50% snare to you, with no benefit whatsoever.
    You could run on less then soft cap in PVE in places like vAS for example. You only need resists when Olms swipes and jumps and for occasional Llothis cone. So you get some nice semi-spammable DPS skill and tank butt naked in glass cannon build doing 70k+ DPS as MT

You mean every other second? Olms basic attacks kill you in cap resistance if you drop block, which you will if you’re in light armor with their uniquely horrible tanking passives…

Not to mention, there are already options available in the game to tank in medium armor, that are both better and more efficient than using our Class Mastery, you have the Esoteric Environment Greaves that tack on 50% mitigation at the cost of stam, something that someone wearing medium armor would have no problem sparing.

On my friend’s PvP build, using 3 damage sets, they sit at 33k resistance buffed with a 3 heavy, 3 medium, 1 light setup using all protective jewelry on their defending dual wield bar, here’s their front bar sitting at 31k, easily…

ts3i7n0gbngx.jpeg

Resistance is so easily sourced, this mastery provides nothing new, or impactful in PvE.

That seems really good for duels but in bg and cyro it will be dead really easy with that low sustain/movement speed

The reason I posted that screenshot was to illustrate how easy it was to get to resistance cap in PVE, showing how there was next-to-no sacrifice as the rest of the stats were great.

As far as Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, the build works fine, not to say that Templar is a good open-world class to begin with, but both of those “weak areas” you’ve mentioned are covered by Off-Balance heavies with Repentance and Major Expedition.

I will talk about PvP so yes, I get what you told there but think that in the build you posted, you invested specifically in armor and with scribing you will not need to invest on it so you can invest more in damage/mobility or whatever you want so no armor needed anymore, you will be always in the cap of it and avoiding penetration. In the other hand templars will not be that OP because if you want to have lots of damage, people will not invest in swift jewelry and just infused but the mobility will be super bad even with major expedition when other classes will have always 50% more speed than you (always you hav the same speed bonuses as others) and if you go full swift others will have 30% or more speed.

For me it is not OP because chase a NB/sorcerer will be a nightmare and chase any other class will be super hard to but in terms of close combat templars will be the kings so it fits the theme "In my house im super strong" so for duels templars will be imho OP but Cyrodiil/BG they will be strong but not OP. I think it must go to live as it is right now and then test it because lot of scribing skills will be OP in terms of utility/mobility and maybe because of that Templars will not be that OP after all, lets see.

Personally I like this scribing thing in terms of "fresh air" to the game because Ive been playing this game since 2016 and in addition as a main templar.

In terms of PvE I dont know that much how it can benefit at all because with all support sets that tanks wear you can reach the cap easily and in PvE overcap is not viable. Maybe they will have a spot as a offtank with really good damage but poor mobility who knows. For DD/healers it is not a desireable thing to have and for solo players I think it will help them a lot but who cares about solo playing after all in a MMO lol.

Finally, I made a PvP build that have really good recoveries and 7.9k spell damage with in total around 56k armor and more than 3k crit resist in full swift with 11% speed boost after all with celerity CP, it is slow but at least you are able to move and with a gap closer it is easier to follow the combat. And imo it is not super OP because it lacks a bit of penetration and crit but after all that 7.9k spell damage boost a lot the heals and it is a big number to have in count.
    PvP player
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only investment made in armor was the jewelry trait and three heavy, which is pretty standard on most builds.

It’s as simple as changing all of your armor to medium for the insane raw and crit damage with movement speed increases, and all three of your jewelry to Infused on a ranged build where they won’t have to chase their targets, or Swift on a melee build as a remedy to the movement problem.

Having that much armor for free with the tacked on ult-gen will make Templar feel like pre-nerf Oakensoul but with two bars, and as mentioned several times now will set the standard for Templar gameplay.

Build diversity is what made ESO shine, and all this does is take it away.
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next patch every Templar build will look like this if the Class Mastery goes live…

Ranged
    • Roksa/Balorgh medium divines/well fitted
    • Deadly P. Siroria 3 divines/well fitted body and Bow or Lightning Staff sharpened
    • Rallying Cry Rings w/s damage glyph with infused, Waist divines/well fitted, Frost Staff powered
    • Trainee 1 body medium divines/well fitted
    • Sea Serpent’s Coil w/s damage glyph with infused.

Melee
    • Deadly 3 divines/well fitted body and Maces or Maul sharpened
    • Rallying Cry Rings w/s damage glyphs with swift, Waist divines/well fitted, Frost Staff powered
    • Sea Serpent’s Coil w/s damage glyph with swift.
    Edited by Telos_Tim on 2 May 2024 02:30
    Options
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    Next patch every Templar build will look like this if the Class Mastery goes live…

Ranged
    • Deadly 3 divines/well fitted body and Bow or Lightning Staff sharpened
    • Rallying Cry Rings w/s damage glyph with infused, Waist divines/well fitted, Frost Staff powered

Melee
    • Rallying Cry Rings w/s damage glyphs with swift, Waist divines/well fitted, Frost Staff powered

Imho there will be the same number of builds but without defensive sets, and also I think roksa is useless ( for me), it is not enough to provide sustain so me and many others prefer wretched vitality over that because you need to spam the ability every 4 sec at least so it is convenient that the ability you use as a spammable is the scribing one.

The only thing that will change is that it is not needed defensive sets like pariah or the craftable sets in heavy, just go for light/medium sets and it is good to go.

In terms of deadly set, I think people will not use it because people will prefer to use scribing skills as a spammable over jabs (already in a bad spot in PvP due to evasion buff everywhere) and as you said there, what ability is buffed in range to use deadly set? afaik range spammables doesnt have cast time or are dot to be buffed by the set.

In my opinion perople will not change builds that much, for example I plan to use wretched with rallying and vateshran 2H weapon to use the 2H scribing spammable with the templar scribing spec on it, good recoveries (better than roksa by far and allows more spam necessary for the scribing spec every 4 sec at least), good spell damage due to divines-vatesh2H-rallyng and good defense due to scribing and rallying, the only downside will be that I will have only 11% extra speed meanwhile others will have around 40% as normal because I will be negating the 50% with full swift+major expedition.

I find it balanced somehow tbh in terms of PvP (cyro and bg).

I want also to see how it can work on range builds with bow and the new "streak" without ramping cost, the new bow ability that can bring lots of mobility for templar, and more now that templars need it.
    PvP player
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭

Ranged
    • Deadly 3 divines/well fitted body and Bow or Lightning Staff sharpened

Melee

Imho there will be the same number of builds but without defensive sets, and also I think roksa is useless ( for me), it is not enough to provide sustain so me and many others prefer wretched vitality over that because you need to spam the ability every 4 sec at least so it is convenient that the ability you use as a spammable is the scribing one.

The only thing that will change is that it is not needed defensive sets like pariah or the craftable sets in heavy, just go for light/medium sets and it is good to go.

In terms of deadly set, I think people will not use it because people will prefer to use scribing skills as a spammable over jabs (already in a bad spot in PvP due to evasion buff everywhere) and as you said there, what ability is buffed in range to use deadly set? afaik range spammables doesnt have cast time or are dot to be buffed by the set.

In my opinion perople will not change builds that much, for example I plan to use wretched with rallying and vateshran 2H weapon to use the 2H scribing spammable with the templar scribing spec on it, good recoveries (better than roksa by far and allows more spam necessary for the scribing spec every 4 sec at least), good spell damage due to divines-vatesh2H-rallyng and good defense due to scribing and rallying, the only downside will be that I will have only 11% extra speed meanwhile others will have around 40% as normal because I will be negating the 50% with full swift+major expedition.

I find it balanced somehow tbh in terms of PvP (cyro and bg).

I want also to see how it can work on range builds with bow and the new "streak" without ramping cost, the new bow ability that can bring lots of mobility for templar, and more now that templars need it.

Snipe and Dark Flare have a cast time, and the new Destro skill that everyone is raving about will also have a cast time. In the situation of ranged, you would replace Deadly with Perfected Siroria, nice catch I’ll go edit.

For a fully optimal build, Roksa should be more than enough sustain in open-world and Battlegrounds, as I’ve been running a build similar to the one my friend’s running from that picture and any time I’m even remotely close to out of resources, which won’t ever happen next patch thanks to the 6 medium pieces of gear, I just throw one or two heavy attacks and I’m solid again.

As far as set value goes, Deadly is the best damage set in the game on Templar, and Rallying Cry gives the most value out of any set when playing solo or small scale.

Already players are melting with Jabs in dueling setups, now they are going to have as much damage in open world, while being completely unkillable outside of recently nerfed Corrosive.
    Edited by Telos_Tim on 2 May 2024 03:37
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, scribing is pleasant, and grants more freedom to tank builds in particular.
    However, must you give the AoE taunt to bow of all things?

You know how much we have been coveting a proper aoe taunt, and tormentor+stampede no longer works as of the latest update. And now you want to lure tanks into using bows?
    Please consider also granting this prefix to either the soul magic aoe/and or destruction staff. Both options are significantly more approachable for tanks.

I might ask for too much, but the aoe pull of soul magic+aoe taunt would make for a blast in a tanks day to day chores, and free up much needed bar space. :smile:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Overall, scribing is pleasant, and grants more freedom to tank builds in particular.

You know how much we have been coveting a proper aoe taunt, and tormentor+stampede no longer works as of the latest update. And now you want to lure tanks into using bows?
    Please consider also granting this prefix to either the soul magic aoe/and or destruction staff. Both options are significantly more approachable for tanks.

I might ask for too much, but the aoe pull of soul magic+aoe taunt would make for a blast in a tanks day to day chores, and free up much needed bar space. :smile:

Vault isn't exactly an AoE taunt--it's a single-target taunt to one enemy in that AoE. I'm not sure why that's needed--I would think another elemental focus or a DoT focus there would be much more useful. But ... maybe ? There's a niche for tanks that want a random-target AoE taunt that also sends you flying backwards?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vault isn't exactly an AoE taunt--it's a single-target taunt to one enemy in that AoE. I'm not sure why that's needed--I would think another elemental focus or a DoT focus there would be much more useful. But ... maybe ? There's a niche for tanks that want a random-target AoE taunt that also sends you flying backwards?

Oh? It sounded like it taunts everything hit.
    I suppose aoe taunt is forever gone?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

they have strongly indicated that the game will never, ever, have an aoe taunt.

also, vault is the most garbage skill in PvE you'll ever see. It's for PvP. The grimoire is basically unusable.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

they have strongly indicated that the game will never, ever, have an aoe taunt.

also, vault is the most garbage skill in PvE you'll ever see. It's for PvP. The grimoire is basically unusable.

Indeed, which is why it grueled me having to use it as a tank.
    And it gruels me to fight against it in pvp without a stacking cost.
    Edited by Dracane on 3 May 2024 06:01
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed with some aspects of scribing so far:
    • Limited damage types. I am primarily interested in the system to add additional flavor to themed builds rather than straight power to my characters. In particular, the lack of frost damage available overall is disappointing.
    • Dot and buff/debuff timers across different skills are very weird and don't necessarily fit well into rotations. For example, I scribed shocking soul to have a DoT (20 seconds) and also grant major brutality/sorcery (10 seconds). Putting the same signature and affix scripts on Elemental Explosion gives a 5 second AoE DoT and a 20 second buff. Why is there such a discrepancy between these skills and the timers? At a minimum, buff timers should line up or be longer than the DoT timer, and I don't see why both sticky and AoE DoTs shouldn't line up with the current standard. My expectation would be for Shocking Soul to have a 20 second buff timer and Elemental Explosion to have a 10 second AoE DoT timer.
    • I don't think cast times feel great. I've been trying to work Elemental Explosion into rotations and it just feels super clunky.
    • The current grindiness of the system feels terrible. I am happy to grind each grimoire/script once. In no way do I want to grind for anything that ends up character-specific.
    • If the system goes live as-is, I see myself going for max 1-3 specific scribing skill combinations total across all 10 of my characters. The only one I will absolutely use is Magic Trample on one of my Wardens because it fits that character perfectly and I can replace a skill I don't particularly like (Growing Swarm).
    Options
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a focus script equivelant of sage's remedy signature script (Heal over time)? Im asking because the heal over time given by most of new abilities are abyssmal compared to already existing ones. I understand that the heal over time on those abilities is meant to be auxiliary effect but could it be possible to add a new focus script that make it possible to choose between heal over time and isntant heal on new abilities?
    Options
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torchbearer does not interact with sets like dragon's appetite when you change it to bleed/bleed over time damage.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It saddens to see that the magicka based pull for Wield Soul was increased so drastically in cost. Not saying it will be unusable, but it greatly reduces the relief of finally having a magicka based pull for everyone.

I think this is significantly too high for the magicka pool of most tanks. We sometimes have to pull plenty of monsters, and simply not doing it due to being oom is no option.
    Edited by Dracane on 6 May 2024 20:14
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It saddens to see that the magicka based pull for Wield Soul was increased so drastically in cost. Not saying it will be unusable, but it greatly reduces the relief of finally having a magicka based pull for everyone.

I think this is significantly too high for the magicka pool of most tanks. We sometimes have to pull plenty of monsters, and simply not doing it due to being oom is no option.

You can make it refund mag and stam though so it's about half the cost of other pulls if you use that script.
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job reigning in the Templar Class Mastery! Now it’s good enough to consider but not too good it’s necessary.
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the ~45% max health group shield stack from Soul Burst and Contingency didn't get reigned in a bit, considering Igneous Shield was only 15% when it got knocked down to 10%.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on 6 May 2024 21:15
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on keeping scribing irrelevant

you don't have to worry about the grind if no one has any reason to use the system

lc0mom8wkbwc.png
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

You can make it refund mag and stam though so it's about half the cost of other pulls if you use that script.

Yes, but that makes this script the only viable option, and scribing was all about offering many options, not being set in stone on arrival. My intention was to use it all along, so it's fine for me, but I would still prefer options.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of patch 10.0.3 (week 4):

Duration for AOE (20s) vs ST (10s) feels flipped the wrong way. ST skills should be more potent because they hit 1 enemy, so why do their buffs/debuffs last a shorter duration? Overall, aligning the timers are better than the original design, but I really feel the below standards would have made more sense:
    • ST DOT (10s) + Affix (20s)
    • AOE DOT (5s) + Affix (10s)

Your feedback is split between Scribing being useless vs being too powerful, why is this?
    1. PVE DPS players see no value in scribing because the 3rd script, affixes, are largely redundant in group PVE environments. This means only support find PVE scribing useful.
    2. PVP players of any role see a ton of value because collecting as many named buff/debuffs as you can never stops being useful when the objective is to build as a one man army or support your group. Every bit of sustain, damage, mitigation, debuffs, or buffs are useful for a PVP player.

Fixes:
    • Add in the missing +3.3% - 6.6% damage normal abilities get from ranking from I to IV on base skills, and I to IV on morphed skills.
    • Update passives for Soul Magic, Assault, Support, and Undaunted. Grimoires from these lines will be terrible in comparison to others until you provide unique bonuses for using skills from these lines. Compare Soul Burst to Contingency, it's no contest. +2s duration, -15% cost, 2% mag, 2% mag regen, and 10s Empower. Why was this missed?
    • Introduce a new affix, something like "Improved Potency", which effectively improves the value of the Focus and Signature you selected at the cost of losing a named buff/debuff.
    • Example of how it could work; IMPROVED POTENCY:
      • +10% damage done = For damage focuses/signatures.
      • +10% shield strength = For shield focuses/signatures.
      • +10% healing done = For heal focuses/signatures.
      • +10% resources returned = For sustain focuses/signature.
      • -10% cost = For utility focuses/signatures (pull, stun, snare, knockback, immobilize, cleanse, etc).
      Example with new affix and ranks:
      • No rank Wield Soul = 2024 damage
      • IV Wield Soul = 2091 damage
      • IV Wield Soul with DOT/Berserk = 2091 damage + 1680 damage over 10s + Minor Berserk Affix (+5%) for 10s
      • IV Wield Soul with DOT/Potency = 2300 damage + 1848 damage over 10s + 10% damage done (included)
      • IV Rapid Strikes = 689 + 723 + 758 + 792 = (2962)

Gilliam on Skinny's stream confirmed you're aware of the problem with Grimoires having lower damage because of the missing ranks, mentioning some type of solution for a future update beyond U42. That's really great to hear, but why not tell your larger PTS player base about this instead of leaving it up to our imagination? Also, when? It's been 2.5 years since you started hybridization, are we going to need to wait 3+ years for Grimoire damage rank compensation too?

Edited by MashmalloMan on 8 May 2024 01:49
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

Yes, but that makes this script the only viable option, and scribing was all about offering many options, not being set in stone on arrival. My intention was to use it all along, so it's fine for me, but I would still prefer options.

It fully matches the standards on Fighter's Silver Leash and DK's Unrelenting Grip, both costing 3780.

DK's has no cost reduction, but it does refund the cost if the enemy can not be pulled. It's a nice addition, but only useful if you make a mistake which is entirely possible to avoid. I would take the +1k stam/mag or some of the other options like ult gen or the heal over the refund mechanic.

There is no 30% snare, but that can become redundant using a preplaced ground aoe dot, the major expedition is probably the best part, but you can get major vitality instead.

All in all, DK's is a bit more loaded, but it's a class skill and should be loaded. The universal options are very good though.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the increased duration on the Major Savagery and some of the Major Brutality Scribing options as having to use it once every 20s is far less of a hassle than once every 10s.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassin's Misery on Elemental Explosion lost the guaranteed Overcharged. I assume this is intetional? It wasn't listed in the patch notes
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of patch 10.0.3 (week 4):

Sorc's Class Signature Script:
    • Thank you for listening to feedback by making the shock damage centered on the first enemy hit to support more playstyles. No brainer.
    • Please continue to consider changing the "no pet" requirement to "no permanent pet" or "no non-ultimate pet" to be more inclusive to Sorc's best dps ultimate, Storm Atronach. You heard the first complaint, so you must be aware of the second complaint?
    • You removed the double proc from Traveling Knife which is about the only place I saw myself picking this signature, a really unique and fun interaction now gone. Why would I ever pick this when every other option like 10-20s dots or Status effects give significantly more total damage?
    • As a comparison, Sorc's script deals 506 damage. Look at these Lingering Torment options:
      • Wield Soul: 336 every 2s * 5 Ticks = 1680 Total = 3.32x stronger.
      • Soul Burst: 281 every 2s * 10 Ticks = 2810 Total = 5.55x stronger.
      • Contingency: 281 every 2s * 11 Ticks = 3091 Total = 6.1x stronger.
      • Traveling Knife: 223 every 2s * 10 Ticks = 2230 Total = 4.41x stronger.

Any other lingering torment option takes basically 2 ticks to outpace 1 tick of Sorc's script. Using Wield Soul as an example of a spammable for a Sorc, we have many mini games skills that take us away from our spammable for 1-2 GCDs like Bound Armaments, Crystal Frags, and Haunting Curse. This means NOT spamming Wield Soul for 1 GCD will activate Lingering Torments first tick by the time you get back to it on your 2nd cast, providing half the value of Sorc's script. As soon as you go to refresh back bar abilities, you're for sure looking at least 2 ticks from any of these dot signatures which outpaces Sorc's script.

On top of it all, the only reason Traveling Knife was potentially a decent spammable for Sorc was the competitive damage with Rapid Strikes. As it stands now, it deals less damage and costs a whopping 55% more, killing the only place where the script was going to be used.
      • Please consider buffing the Sorc script by 30-50% to make it a bit more competitive. For a typical build, that would mean about a 3k proc instead of 2k.
      • Another idea is to remove the aoe damage in favour of something like "Guaranteed Sundered and Concussed on hit". This would be around 2-3k damage as well, it wouldn't be aoe, but it would be in theme for the class and provide their debuffs.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assassin's Misery on Elemental Explosion lost the guaranteed Overcharged. I assume this is intetional? It wasn't listed in the patch notes

They did a lot of hidden changes like that apparently.

For example:
    • Sorc's script only procs once per cast.
    • Arcanist's script only procs once per cast.
    • Vault now includes +33% cost when used within 4s.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example:

Yeah but they mentioned the Vault change as a bug fix. I'd be curious to see if there was anything else that slipped through the cracks
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For example:

Yeah but they mentioned the Vault change as a bug fix. I'd be curious to see if there was anything else that slipped through the cracks

It wasn't in the initial patch notes, it was edited in later.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a side thought, it would be cool if Trample was affected by Daedric prey, since you're technically summoning something, and you cannot have more than one out at once, which kinda makes it like blastbones, which is technically a pet
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on 7 May 2024 02:42
    ---
    ---
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For example:

It wasn't in the initial patch notes, it was edited in later.

Glad they fixed Vault to now have an appropriate ramping cost. That was going to be a huge balance issue if it was left as it was, now it will still be an extremely strong mobility tool that has plenty of additional utility (that costs stamina even for the heal morph giving a stamina heal), but now it won't be so strong that it makes even streak look mediocre by comparison.

I'm still expecting bow to be a very common weapon next patch to have access to vault, but now it won't be mandatory on every build.

Have to test it out again with these fixes, to see if anything else of significance got changed, but if it still functions as before just with the ramping cost (and other various bugs/abuses fixed) then it will still be a very, very fun ability.
    Options