The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Update 42 - Feedback Thread for Scribing (Combat & Skills)

• monkiie
    monkiie
    ✭✭✭
    Elemental explosion, torchbearer, and trample feel awful to use solely because of long cast times.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still banned, so can't provide more feedback on my own. But two things in the comments so far concern me.

One, please don't add every kind of damage to every skill. It's okay when soul magic is magical and hitting someone with a big sword isn't. Just to put some contrary opinion out there.

And two, put the focus on preventing the most egregiously overpowered stuff. Like the Templar class script I got to see, or apparently casting the destruction skill from stealth. Not everything is going to be balanced from the get go, and certainly not every ability needs to be useful in every part of the game.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a littlebit dissapointed that i couldnt make my singletarget spammable fire dmg, cause that was my only hope to sortof get an indirect nerf to Undeath passive. Almost everyone is vampire in pvp because of that passive.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • CordingOnyx
    so it could just be me messing it up but are scribing skills not saved by the armory?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torchbearer I do not like the immersion aspect of this. This seems more jester-like then something from the Fighters Guild.

Maybe its just me!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a cast time, and being unable to recast the skill while the mount is out feels like a clunky combo on Trample. The skill would feel much better having gotten rid of one of the two. Maybe have a delay after casting instead of a cast time. Also, this skill feels like it was made to feel like Blastbones, but feels worse to use, and deals less damage. Modifying the cast requirements or damage would go a long way in helping this skill.

A lot of the longer damage over time scripts that can be added to skills feel weak compared to other DoTs in the game, which I assume has to do with a lot of the skill's power budget being tied to the direct damage focus scripts. Maybe if the longer secondary DoT scripts lowered the tooltip of the skills direct damage, so that power could be budgeted towards the DoT script, they would feel more worth using. As it is, I personally don't see a reason to dedicate any of these skills as a fire and forget DoT, since they all would function better being cast more often.

I mentioned it before, but the short buff timers on cast time skills feels anti-accessibility and counterintuitive from the games current design regarding buff and DoT durations. ESPECIALLY if running more than on cast time/channel skill, which is pretty likely considering a good portion of these scribing skills are. Most skills currently in the game that give major/minor buffs do so for a longer duration than most of these scribing skills that give the same buff, be it instant cast or cast time.

Overall, it's a fun system, and I'm enjoying the build crafting with it, these just seem to be the biggest issues I've noticed for myself. Side note, I did not expect to like shield throw as much as I did, the multi-target feels really cool on it.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention, it would be cool if you could select the visual you wanted with the skill, like with the new styling system, rather than based on the focus script. For example, the yellow color with sundering/physical damage fits Templars thematically, but does not match any other classes color kit.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that these scribed skills must be balanced due to it being multi-effect.

But really, the second script, that ones that deal DoT damage over 20 seconds is severely underpowered.

In my fully buffed loadout, correct enchantments, traits, CP, passives, berserker, everything

My tooltip value at most is like 6.5k over 20 seconds.

6.5k over TWENTY seconds

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My one big piece of feedback so far is that the Sorcerer class mastery effect (and the sorcerer passive itself) need to be changed to only switch their effects for non ultimate pets. The Atro ultimate causing the effects to change (both of them) feels really really bad.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsukiino wrote: »
    I understand that these scribed skills must be balanced due to it being multi-effect.

But really, the second script, that ones that deal DoT damage over 20 seconds is severely underpowered.

In my fully buffed loadout, correct enchantments, traits, CP, passives, berserker, everything

6.5k over TWENTY seconds

I would wager it's because the direct damage of the first script has too much of a portion of the power budget
    ---
    ---
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

6.5k over TWENTY seconds

I would wager it's because the direct damage of the first script has too much of a portion of the power budget

Correct. They did not implement a system in which choosing a 20s dot lowers the upfront damage as you see with skills like Twin Slash, Poison Injection, Claw, etc. Therefore the only way to properly balance it is to keep the power budget in the front.

If I had to pick between the 2, I prefer upfront damage because it means it can be used as a spammable OR a dot instead of just a dot.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My one big piece of feedback so far is that the Sorcerer class mastery effect (and the sorcerer passive itself) need to be changed to only switch their effects for non ultimate pets. The Atro ultimate causing the effects to change (both of them) feels really really bad.

Wow.. I didn't even consider this. That is terrible, but par for the course as we suggested this feedback with our passive as well which was not addressed. Unfortunate. I really want to do everything in my power to make non pet sorc work for DPS, and I thought this may have been the smoke and gun.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6.5k over TWENTY seconds

Correct. They did not implement a system in which choosing a 20s dot lowers the upfront damage as you see with skills like Twin Slash, Poison Injection, Claw, etc. Therefore the only way to properly balance it is to keep the power budget in the front.

If I had to pick between the 2, I prefer upfront damage because it means it can be used as a spammable OR a dot instead of just a dot.

I think the point of selecting the DoT script is to make it a DoT, so it would make sense if that script lowered the initial hit damage to give more DoT damage. There are plenty of other options in the system to make great spammables, but none to really make good DoTs.
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on 17 April 2024 20:01
    ---
    ---
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shield Throw grimoire's Physical Damage focus script doesn't scale with bash damage. This makes it useless for bash builds. Shield Throw should scale with bash damage and wd/sd, similar to Power Slam and Reverb.

Wayfarer's Mastery signature script should give 333 bash damage for 10 seconds, not 5 seconds. Otherwise the duration does not align with affixes which are 10 seconds. Should not have to recast Shield Throw every 5 seconds to maintain the buff. For comparison, Maelstrom 2H gives over 400 bash damage and lasts 18 seconds.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 17 April 2024 21:10
    PC NA
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

6.5k over TWENTY seconds

I think the point of selecting the DoT script is to make it a DoT, so it would make sense if that script lowered the initial hit damage to give more DoT damage. There are plenty of other options in the system to make great spammables, but none to really make good DoTs.

As I was eluding to, they didn't implement a way to change the Grimoire's cost, damage values, or range based on the Signature or Affix chosen. As it stands, the Focus decides those major factors. What you're asking for would require a completely new code implementation which I just can't see happening during this PTS.

A code in which choosing a DOT Signature, nerfs the upfront damage by 50% as an example to put it on bar with skills like Twin Slash.. however how does that work for skills that already have 50% less damage like utility Focuses? Is 50% less warranted on those too? Does it only affect damage Focuses? On paper, I'm sure we could come up with a code that does this using IF statements to only increase the dot and decrease the damage if the right focus is chosen.. The system just isn't that complex for what you're asking them to do. I can't expect them to get their coders on this minor issue.

A work around to do what you're asking for in their current design is to implement a DOT focus, which when combined with the DOT signature would create a skill that has the exact same scaling as something like Degeneration. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have the upfront damage, but it would complete what you want.

Example in the case of Wield Soul:
    1. Focus = 2182 over 20s (new)
    2. Signature = 2460 over 20s (current)
    3. Affix = Whatever

This way the 2182 + 2460 = 4642, the exact same scaling as Degeneration.

Few problems with this option.. You would only have 1 element unless they add multiple dot focuses. With the current design, the dot signature matches the damage focus, so you can get things like bleed, fire, shock dots. If they tacked on a new dot focus, I bet it would only be 1 basic element until they added more with dev time.

Second issue with this.. why bother? 2182 over 20s as a focus is only 8% stronger than the current direct damage focuses 2024 value. It's so close, it just doesn't make sense to implement in this round about way.

So I go back to my original point. The fact that you can still use this ability as a spammable AND a dot instead of just a dot is a plus side, not a down side. The pros outweigh the cons.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on 17 April 2024 21:38
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• xXCJsniperXx7
    xXCJsniperXx7
    ✭✭✭
    This is a Traveling Knife skill I conjured up. Its a good start for making a spammable, it gives two really good debuffs both making the target(s) take 13% more damage.

9e6xdcfyasg1.png

For context, I'm wearing 5 Ancient Dragongaurd, 5 Mothers Sorrow, 1 Brunwulf, and 1 Anthelmir's on a Dark Elf stam DK. Its a high crit high damage no proc set up I've been testing all Grimoire abilities with. This "spammable" has a decent damage tool tip, the debuffs do make it deal more, but its main problem is the cost. For comparison Flurry and its morphs are 1944 stam cost on this toon. When parsing on the trial dummy I had a hard time with sustain using this as my spammable. Thus this really defeats its use as a poison spammable for stam Dks, which the only other choice we have is Lethal Arrow. To make this an option would be to reduce its cost down to the common spammable range. However, to not just make this a cheap skill, a suggestion is to make damage over time an additional Focus Script. That way if not a spammable skill, its cost is closer to skills like Venomous Smite or Poison Injection. Which brings us to the next point: Damage over Time.

Here is the skill with Lingering Torment added

03c23eeu8v2f.png

This dot is nothing. Even with adding vulnerability, this dot is worse than Acid Spray. From my summary, one point is dots/hots have bad durations and underwhelming damage values. This is one example of that. A solution to this problem is to fulfill the 20 second single target dot standard, in addition to raising the damage values to be close to existing single target DoTs. To also differentiate between dots with/without direct damage, a Damage over Time Focus Script could be added to make a proper DoT (like Swarm) and scale higher (Also make this disable Lingering Torment). To make skills like Barbed Trap that have both damage types, selecting Lingering Torment could reduce the Direct damage in the tool tip, thus fulfilling the idea of such skill. This should also scale slighter lower than the DoT Focus Script since you have a Direct Damage hit first.

I'll Continue studying these Grimoires to bring back more feedback. One Down, Ten to go.

Edit: Just like from my first post, this skill (and all other Stam Grimoires) would be even better if you could select between Physical, Poison, Bleed, and Disease damage.
    Edited by xXCJsniperXx7 on 17 April 2024 22:10
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vault is a 15m movement ability in the same scope as Streak, Ball of Lightning, Elusive Mist, and Blood Mist.

It is enabling WAY too much movement access universally for no down side, coupled with things like immobilization, snare, and minor expedition in one skill.

VAULT = Please add: "Casting again within 4 seconds costs 33% more Stamina."
    Edited by MashmalloMan on 17 April 2024 22:18
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6.5k over TWENTY seconds

As I was eluding to, they didn't implement a way to change the Grimoire's cost, damage values, or range based on the Signature or Affix chosen. As it stands, the Focus decides those major factors. What you're asking for would require a completely new code implementation which I just can't see happening during this PTS.

A code in which choosing a DOT Signature, nerfs the upfront damage by 50% as an example to put it on bar with skills like Twin Slash.. however how does that work for skills that already have 50% less damage like utility Focuses? Is 50% less warranted on those too? Does it only affect damage Focuses? On paper, I'm sure we could come up with a code that does this using IF statements to only increase the dot and decrease the damage if the right focus is chosen.. The system just isn't that complex for what you're asking them to do. I can't expect them to get their coders on this minor issue.

A work around to do what you're asking for in their current design is to implement a DOT focus, which when combined with the DOT signature would create a skill that has the exact same scaling as something like Degeneration. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have the upfront damage, but it would complete what you want.

Example in the case of Wield Soul:
    1. Focus = 2182 over 20s (new)
    2. Signature = 2460 over 20s (current)
    3. Affix = Whatever

This way the 2182 + 2460 = 4642, the exact same scaling as Degeneration.

Few problems with this option.. You would only have 1 element unless they add multiple dot focuses. With the current design, the dot signature matches the damage focus, so you can get things like bleed, fire, shock dots. If they tacked on a new dot focus, I bet it would only be 1 basic element until they added more with dev time.

Second issue with this.. why bother? 2182 over 20s as a focus is only 8% stronger than the current direct damage focuses 2024 value. It's so close, it just doesn't make sense to implement in this round about way.

So I go back to my original point. The fact that you can still use this ability as a spammable AND a dot instead of just a dot is a plus side, not a down side. The pros outweigh the cons.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense to scribe more than one ability to use as a spammable, since you only need one. It would be nice to have a strong DoT option on some of these new skills so people that want to use more than one scribe skill, can use them for different things, instead of having say, 3 spammables.

As it sits, all the damage related ones are spammables. People probably want to use more than one, so having strong DoT options would be nice. Not sure if it's feasible for them or not to make changes based on that, it's just my feedback. Do with it what you will
    ---
    ---
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The feature of Vault stopping short of jumping off cliffs feels really clunky when combined with the script which reduced fall damage by 50%. I would propose this functionality be disabled when the script is chosen (with notification in the tooltip).
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • xXCJsniperXx7
    xXCJsniperXx7
    ✭✭✭
    Have my second Grimoire here to give feedback on, an Elemental Explosion I made for my Ice Warden build on live. I did decide to see what this skill looks like on him unlike my default stam Dk. The specification of frost damage is a big niche Wardens have. This toon runs Ice Heart, Frostbite, Icy conjurer, and Perfected Maelstrom Ice Staff.

6xhke5a9bthi.png

So a few things to point out: 1.) If you treat this as a frost spammable, that cast time needs to be reduced or cut out. A two second delay spammable in a rotation is far too long and such a dps loss. Making it an instant cast or at least .8 second cast time like Crystal Frags makes this a powerful ice spammable alternative. Using it like this would also open up Frost Reach to be used as a proper DoT in the build example. 2.) Restoring magic from hitting targets is great for sustain in this build. Combining it with Blue Betty is a nice little boost to keep your magic up. 3.) Setting off balance with this is better than Dive and its morphs. Plus you don't need to be a Warden to use this so any magic build can use this. 4.) The direct Damage is really high, too high. The Frost Reach I run on live has a 8776 Direct damage (unbuffed) tooltip. That is a 7521 difference between Chilling Explosion and Frost Reach. Now this is certainly because Chilling Explosion has that giant 2 second wind up. Its best then if that 2 second delay is scrapped or reduced that the starting damage value also be nerfed to fall in a close line with Frost Reach.

In general, this is a very good Grimoire to be utilized as a spammable. Once again though, the cost needs to be adaptive to be more manageable in a rotation. The cast time does need to be dropped or reduced down to .8 seconds at least. But, besides those flaws its a good skill we could use.

As a second example of why DoTs in Grimoires needs a big change, here's what this skill looks like with one

b9kmgssnew68.png

Once again DoTs need to have the 20 single target, 10 second AoE treatment plus the Damage over Time specification as I suggested in my last example. I can see this skill being used interchangeably between spammable or DoT as Frost Reach itself can be both. Like In this build I used in the example I could keep Reach as my spam and use Chilling Explosion as a merged elemental combo of Degeneration and The Imperfect Ring. Once more, this is a really capable versatile Grimoire.

Edit: Considering the size of the AoE and its not a ground target, it would be best if the radius was shrunk down to 6 meters if this were to be instant cast or shorter cast time (.8 seconds). From a pvp stand point it would be abused as a big group debuffer during defense, and from a pve point of view a tank would be pulling adds anyway into a focused group. Plus in one of my comparisons, The Imperfect Ring, it only has a 5 meter radius for its DoT to be applied.
    Edited by xXCJsniperXx7 on 18 April 2024 02:32
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expert Summoner: Increases your Max Health by 10% if you have a NON-ULTIMATE pet active. Increases your Max Magicka and Stamina by 10% if you have no NON-ULTIMATE pets active.

Signature Script (Sorcerer): Enchant your closest NON-ULTIMATE pet for 5 seconds to heal a nearby ally for 223 Health each time it deals damage, up to once a second. If you do not have a NON-ULTIMATE pet, you deal 506 Shock Damage to enemies within 8 meters of you THE FIRST ENEMY HIT.

Please consider adjusting these 2 with the bolded text. This will make non-pet vs pet Sorc feel more intuitive to build for. As it stands, we are punished for using our DPS ultimate, Storm Atronach. This feedback was given in U41 and it's odd to see you not consider it with the new effect.

Also, please consider ranged Sorc, by allowing the signature script to proc on the first enemy hit, instead of around you.

I do love these 2 effects and the recent consideration for pet vs no-pet playstyles, appreciated. I hope you tackle this dynamic with other classes too.

Edited by MashmalloMan on 18 April 2024 03:32
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really don't like that the Shield Throw animation can't be bash-canceled. I don't understand why this is the case since it has bash build oriented scripts. Please consider changing this because it's somehow even worse than Power Slam which is also really clunky to bash cancel.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the abilities present new ways to play, or create other fun options for you to pick from?

Yeah.

For example, I missed being able to use an ability to move backwards on the bow.

You can also take some of the weapon skill lines into directions you couldn't before such as pulling with daggers or shielding allies with a two hander.

Do the abilities present allow you to better create a build suited for your playstyle?

Somewhat depending on the character. For example, Major Savagery can be a pain for some of my characters to access but now I can get it from both Bow and Dual Wield skill lines if I choose to do so. With that said, the buff duration is only 10 seconds

Do these abilities feel close to existing abilities in terms of power? Please explain your answer.

I feel it depends on the ability.

The new abilities potentially have a potential power edge over the existing ones because they generally do a greater number of impactful things than the base abilities without necessarily taking significant hits in either cost or power.

For example, Soul Trap looks kinda weak compared to the new Soul Abilities. Acid Spray looks kind of weak compared to Venemous Vault. Silver Leash may be a bit weak compared to some of the new pulls.

However, several of the new abilities are rather unwieldy which might put a damper on their effectiveness as they have extended cast times.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I think in many ways the function might not necessarily match people's expectations in both a positive and a negative sense.

My impression is that while in some situations you do have the new abilities exceeding the old it's not by ridiculous margins in most cases as far as I can tell.

At the same point, I found I couldn't really go as far as I had expected with some of the abilities due to the limitations. For example, my Necromancer would likely be interested in alternative sources of Major Brutality and Major Savagery. But, of the 11 new abilities each is an option on only like two or three.

You also can run into cases where you don't have all that much choice in some builds.

For example, let's say you are looking at Ulfsid's Contingency while using Oakensoul.

If you choose to have Damage Shield or Healing as a Focus and don't choose Growing Impact as a Signature Script your only choice that will help you personally as an Affix script is Resolve since Oakensoul gives you Minor Force, Minor Protection, Minor Intellect and Minor Endurance.

Visually, some of the abilities can be a bit loud and might be a bit annoying and it might at times be hard to figure out what player's abilities actually do.

Pull is becoming more available under the changes which might make it more annoying in PvP.
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on 21 April 2024 20:54
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have my second Grimoire here to give feedback on, an Elemental Explosion I made for my Ice Warden build on live. I did decide to see what this skill looks like on him unlike my default stam Dk. The specification of frost damage is a big niche Wardens have. This toon runs Ice Heart, Frostbite, Icy conjurer, and Perfected Maelstrom Ice Staff.

6xhke5a9bthi.png

So a few things to point out: 1.) If you treat this as a frost spammable, that cast time needs to be reduced or cut out. A two second delay spammable in a rotation is far too long and such a dps loss. Making it an instant cast or at least .8 second cast time like Crystal Frags makes this a powerful ice spammable alternative. Using it like this would also open up Frost Reach to be used as a proper DoT in the build example. 2.) Restoring magic from hitting targets is great for sustain in this build. Combining it with Blue Betty is a nice little boost to keep your magic up. 3.) Setting off balance with this is better than Dive and its morphs. Plus you don't need to be a Warden to use this so any magic build can use this. 4.) The direct Damage is really high, too high. The Frost Reach I run on live has a 8776 Direct damage (unbuffed) tooltip. That is a 7521 difference between Chilling Explosion and Frost Reach. Now this is certainly because Chilling Explosion has that giant 2 second wind up. Its best then if that 2 second delay is scrapped or reduced that the starting damage value also be nerfed to fall in a close line with Frost Reach.

In general, this is a very good Grimoire to be utilized as a spammable. Once again though, the cost needs to be adaptive to be more manageable in a rotation. The cast time does need to be dropped or reduced down to .8 seconds at least. But, besides those flaws its a good skill we could use.

As a second example of why DoTs in Grimoires needs a big change, here's what this skill looks like with one

b9kmgssnew68.png

Once again DoTs need to have the 20 single target, 10 second AoE treatment plus the Damage over Time specification as I suggested in my last example. I can see this skill being used interchangeably between spammable or DoT as Frost Reach itself can be both. Like In this build I used in the example I could keep Reach as my spam and use Chilling Explosion as a merged elemental combo of Degeneration and The Imperfect Ring. Once more, this is a really capable versatile Grimoire.

This skill cannot be both 10 meters radius (and overloaded with debuffs) and instant cast. It's one or the other.

This is from a PvP POV. Otherwise you will have 40 players on castle walls spamming it on anyone trying to get inside.

For reference, ranged Pulsar is only 6 meters, which is what, IMO, this radius would need to be reduced to in order to trade for being instant cast.
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that the pet-free effect of the sorcerer signature script be changed from the original 8m Damage on itself to "8m Damage around the target". This will allow remote Sorc to benefit as well.
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The audio on Leashing Soul is WAY too loud, pls nerf levels.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on 18 April 2024 02:39
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the fight wasn't long but this is consistent across multiple fights. Cruel soul is the oblivion script. It was in the top 3 of most of my duels... As a secondary effect...

Has to be adjusted.

3qv6ew7hirr8.jpg
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    I know the fight wasn't long but this is consistent across multiple fights. Cruel soul is the oblivion script. It was in the top 3 of most of my duels... As a secondary effect...

Has to be adjusted.

3qv6ew7hirr8.jpg

This doesn't really prove what I think you think it's proving imo. It's good, but not broken, at least from what your combat metrix is showing. The 3s CD ensures it should be balanced. Compare it to Crushing Shock as if it was a Grimoire:
    • Focus: 3 hits of 3 different elements instead of 1 element, it also costs 270 less. The 3 hits combined is slightly more than Wield Soul and stacks better from damage done bonuses like Maelstrom 2H.
    • Signature: Chance to apply 3x status effects vs the 1 Oblivion damage proc you have here with a 3 second cooldown which can not crit, but deals true damage. Add up burning, concussed, and chilled and you'll find you get a sizable chunk of hidden spammable damage which is comparable to this.
    • Affix: No named buff/debuff? Not really. You have minor maim from chilled, minor vulnerability from concussed, interupt, stun, and off balance. All 5 effects vs 1 from scribing.

Soul Magic has no skill passives, Destruction Staff does. 3k pen and resource return on kill.

Idk. If I had to pick between them from a scribing perspective, I'd choose Crushing Shock 9/10 times. The oblivion damage proc is nice for pvp and high health targets, it can also be used on any weapon, but Crushing Shock has a lot more going for it for similar damage.

Edited by MashmalloMan on 18 April 2024 03:59
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think Elemental Explosion could be extremely powerful on Necro and Warden since you can set up your Blastbones and Beetles to line up with the explosion. In the case of necro you can even throw in the colossus from range for some crazy aoe.

The templar script seems a bit overturned, and I'm saying this as a templar main. It may seem like a good idea for pve tanks, but for pvp people are going to complain ad nauseum about it for sure.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trinotops wrote: »
    Really don't like that the Shield Throw animation can't be bash-canceled. I don't understand why this is the case since it has bash build oriented scripts. Please consider changing this because it's somehow even worse than Power Slam which is also really clunky to bash cancel.

You can bash weave them and this makes Shield Throw interesting.

Bash > Bash > LA > Shield Throw > Bash > Bash > LA > Power Slam / Reverb

^ this can be done in 2 seconds if you're fast enough
    PC NA