The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Last Ayleid King Mythic Discussion

Sleep724
Sleep724
✭✭✭✭✭
1 – Disable all other item set bonuses and increase your damage done by 20%, reduce your damage taken by 20%, and increase your healing done by 20%.

Haven’t seen any talk about this yet. So does this cancel every bonus from a set ie 2-4 pieces bonus or just the bonus on the 5th piece?
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too would like some sort of clarification on this one. If it only cancels the 5th piece bonus, then could you use stat dense sets, or even something like Shattered Fate?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • AltmerGF
    AltmerGF
    ✭✭✭
    If it's everything including the 2-4 piece I really don't see how they thought this was ever gonna be viable for anyone, lol
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything get canceled, including the 2-4 set bonuses. You basically turn your gear into generic ruby ash gear with traits. Still early but it seems just to be a lazy man mythic more than anything, nothing too particularly impressive.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All set bonuses are disabled. It's for new players and duel tournaments.

It's decent on a bash build with gold jewelry enchants.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2024 01:09
    PC NA
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could see it being a funny meme set for people that want to use the basic Rubedo/Ancestor Silk armor but don't want to be completely useless. Honestly, I'm fine with it, not everything has to be meta.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    All set bonuses. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, etc.

20% modifier isn't much. It's for new players and duel tournaments.

New players generally won't have access to mythics, so it would seem really silly to introduce a mythic for just dueling tournaments.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    When this was first leaked on PTS back in necrom I was sure it was a mistake or work in progress, because it seems really really bad. Like, what am I missing?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    All set bonuses. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, etc.

20% modifier isn't much. It's for new players and duel tournaments.

New players generally won't have access to mythics, so it would seem really silly to introduce a mythic for just dueling tournaments.

They could have the mythic and be CP 300 which to many is still considered a new player.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2024 01:10
    PC NA
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When this was first leaked on PTS back in necrom I was sure it was a mistake or work in progress, because it seems really really bad. Like, what am I missing?

Maybe they've run out of ideas.

• Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    My reaction to this was that it was a bone to the “overland hard mode” requests. Without any set bonuses, overland enemies should feel (relatively) tankier. I’m not sure the defensive buffs are really needed for overland, though…

If this was not intended as a way to intentionally nerf yourself, I don’t really understand what it is for.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone on the PTS post a character stat sheet with this mythic slotted so that we can see what this really looks like?
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a mythic that will (should) be easy to gain for brand new players, who are putting a build together, but still want to be viable when they hit CP 160? Like raising the absolute floor a bit or something? Can just craft druid's braid and get the weights of the sets you want + traits, wear this, and farm the gear you need? Who knows.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All set bonuses are disabled. It's for new players and duel tournaments.

I guess now we know why he was the Last King. If he’d had better gear he would have won.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it work in no CP/no proc Cyrodiil?

Even there it seems weak and unremarkable.

I just cannot figure out the intended use for this mythic.

@ZOS_Kevin can we get a hint??
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin can we get a hint??

A hint? More like an explanation.

• AltmerGF
    AltmerGF
    ✭✭✭
    If the leads are all in Betnikh or something maybe it could be a decent new player tool, but generally in the time it takes you to grind out a mythic item you could have gotten someone to craft you an entry level set or gotten an easier one anyway.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mythic is an anathema.

I could use this being useful for only the most clueless of players who can't figure out how to put on 5 things of literally any other set. Not that I could image such a player existing who could get a mythic completed but not know how set bonuses work.
    Edited by AScarlato on 30 January 2024 00:29
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it is kinda useless. Basically, you are way better off using your equipment & other mythic which at least on paper is way, way stronger.

But, on the other hand if it would only disable "final" bonus of a set, then it would be totally bonkers and borderline broken in no-cp / no proc PvP or even in regular CP enabled PvP.

So it is kinda one of those "digital" 0 or 1 sets. It can either be a curiosity & meme or (if ZOS would buff it just a tiny bit) - then it is totally Broken.

Right now, I can't say if there is a good use case for this set.

I mean, I don't really know what to say. Is this suppose to be one of those set if you really badly want to run around naked ? I mean they could make it so it would disable your armour & weapon passives and you also can not have weapon equipped. Then, they could even add some more bonuses to it and then it would be a very weird & niche set. But at least it would be something.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 30 January 2024 00:51
  • AltmerGF
    AltmerGF
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a naked unarmed build? lol
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, it seems like the only good thing about this mythic is that you can safely ignore entirely.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brain is trying to figure out if it’s actually good.

Like if we were to compare 2, 5 piece bonuses. 20% Damage done and 20% damage reduced is pretty solid and stacks with minor and major buffs. The 20% healing done doesn’t seem bad either.

Idk maybe just wishful thinking.

Also it gains the benefit that now you can run 7x of armors like Lich or shadow of the red mountain for the unobtainable armor style.
    PvP needs more love.
  • ForumBully
    ForumBully
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only thought about it for a few minutes but I'm having trouble thinking of a 5/5/2 setup that gives close to 20% damage 20% healing and 20% mitigation when you convert the convoluted numbers into percents. What's missing with this seems to be resource stats and I'm thinking that can be helped with glyphs and traits.

But...I haven't played in a long, long time so maybe I'm way off

Not calling "OP" yet, but it doesn't look like nothing.

Edit: thinking purely PvP
    Edited by ForumBully on 30 January 2024 01:16
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This mythic is not bad on a bash build.

meot0Fg.png

Deadlands Demolisher and Veiled Heritance with Impenetrable trait

With mythic = 5089 bash damage, 3316 wd/sd, 700 pen, 25k armor, 20% damage reduction, 20% healing
    Without mythic = 6226 bash damage, 3682 wd/sd, 2187 pen, 28k armor

This is acceptable in some scenarios for the extra 20% bonuses.

You can go full Divines to make up some of the difference since 20% damage reduction is quite a bit.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2024 01:22
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should increase shields by 20% as well. Nevermind, some shields (Impervious Ward) are too large for a 20% buff.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2024 02:32
    PC NA
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This mythic is a huge missed opportunity, and I plan on making an entire thread about this…

Torc of the Last Ayleid King needs to have a visible animation when someone is wearing it. I don’t care what the animation is, preferably something neutral colored, that way it looks good on every class, but there needs to be a way to see when someone else is wearing it.

For the longest time duelists have been waiting for a mythic to come out that balances out the game for people that don’t enjoy fighting all of the broken sets, and we finally have it but have zero way of knowing when another player is using it.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested this set first with my status effect build in Infinite Archive.... its CRAZY NUTS!!! :D

But very enjoyable to play!!! Rejoice!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see people mentioning sets together with this item. But someone at the start of the tread wrote that ALL set's bonuses are disabled, not just the 5th one. So, what is the point of wearing sets with it? Why not wear just regular armor with enchants? Am I missing something?
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see people mentioning sets together with this item. But someone at the start of the tread wrote that ALL set's bonuses are disabled, not just the 5th one. So, what is the point of wearing sets with it? Why not wear just regular armor with enchants? Am I missing something?

No you’re not missing anything, not even 1 piece set bonuses work with it.

There is one niche where this mythic would shine, and it’s for any player made competitions, problem is that there is no visual indicator when a player is wearing it.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on 30 January 2024 01:41
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm testing it on PTS and players are hating on this mythic a little too much.

I've found two niche cases for it already:

1) Sorc bash build brawler (see previous comment)
    2) Sorc tanky heal mage

With Last Ayleid King, the Twilight Matriarch heal is nearly identical to Healer's Habit + Aetherial Ascension + 1pc Earthgore. If you don't need sustain or attributes and you want a balanced mythic, then this is good for off meta builds.

It's also unnamed damage mitigation which applies to incoming Corrosive Armor attacks.

Sure, you can't use Balorgh, Sea Serpent, or arena weapons but not every build uses those.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2024 01:43
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they bumped it from 20% -> 25% then I think this would be a good mythic for many players.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 30 January 2024 02:32
    PC NA