Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Compensation?

• Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Xemnas wrote: »
    Good grief. Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Pathetic.

Instead of insulting me how about you provide constructive feedback. Your point is invalid anyways as the compensation would be for the playing time lost due to unplanned maintenance.

You live in a fantasy world if you think you are due compensation for downtime. I don't know how I could be more constructive than that when the entire premise of this topic is not constructive.

• Xemnas
    Xemnas
    ✭✭
    Good grief. Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Pathetic.

Instead of insulting me how about you provide constructive feedback. Your point is invalid anyways as the compensation would be for the playing time lost due to unplanned maintenance.

You live in a fantasy world if you think you are due compensation for downtime. I don't know how I could be more constructive than that when the entire premise of this topic is not constructive.

No reason for the insult though.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    the compensation would be for the playing time lost due to unplanned maintenance.

Game isn't out yet; what playing time have you lost? It's like someone turning up to a football match a day early and then complaining that there's no football on.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    attachment.php?attachmentid=869019&d=1388436107
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Dahlia_Bristow
    Why don't you let them fix the problem before piling on the extra demands? Plenty of time to figure out if there should be "compensation" after the crisis is taken care of.
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    Thelrok wrote: »
    @Thelrok‌ You just made my day with that

Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • vanity
    vanity
    ✭✭
    I want my 40 cents.
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Will we be compensated for the downtime?

Stuff like an hour or two of double experience. That would be an awesome way for ZOS to make up for the lost game time.

As much as I hate these things - #firstworldproblems

No, we will not be compensated. Nor should we be. This is a game, not a life necessity. The game will be available when maintenance is complete, so you're not really losing the game.

As for the lost time, find something else to do. Play a different game. Watch a movie, read a book. Do your homework (if you have any). Do some house cleaning. There are literally hundreds of other things you can do right now, each of which have their own rewards.

• Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you'd think after 10 years of threads asking this same question in the WoW forums, people would have gotten the message.

No. Never. No way. Not a chance. Stop asking.

Wow added time to people's subs actually. I have multiple examples of this on my account history.

So Yes. Multiple times. Yes way. There is a chance. Stop talking.

Edited by Gohlar on 2 April 2014 13:21
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread and mindset makes me sad for humanity.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    mlecho74 wrote: »

Stuff like an hour or two of double experience. That would be an awesome way for ZOS to make up for the lost game time.

As much as I hate these things - #firstworldproblems

No, we will not be compensated. Nor should we be. This is a game, not a life necessity. The game will be available when maintenance is complete, so you're not really losing the game.

As for the lost time, find something else to do. Play a different game. Watch a movie, read a book. Do your homework (if you have any). Do some house cleaning. There are literally hundreds of other things you can do right now, each of which have their own rewards.

Or stroll the forums...while at work...yeah, I get paid to play lol
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

Wow added time to people subs actually.

So Yes. Multiple times. Yes way. There is a chance. Stop talking.

It's almost like you intentionally left out the bit where Blizzard has only ever compensated people for massive service interruptions (more than 24 hours), and that even then, it was their prerogative.

We aren't even in official, paid subscription time yet, and we certainly haven't experienced anything more than we would for regular maintenance, which, according to Zenimax, was already planned for today.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

It's almost like you intentionally left out the bit where Blizzard has only ever compensated people for massive service interruptions (more than 24 hours), and that even then, it was their prerogative.

1st of all, this is incorrect. Servers were up and down. There was no 24 hour requirement. Also, if you read what I quoted and read what I said, it makes perfect sense. He said it would NEVER happen when it's already happened.

I won't be upset if they don't do it here and I'm not expecting them to.
    Edited by Gohlar on 2 April 2014 13:25
  • loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭
    10 hours of downtime because a few people found extra items in their backpack? those people need to keep their mouths shut and enjoy the free loot
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    @loops73 people were also logging into accounts by accident that weren't there own or related to them in anyway. I am rather glad that no one can sign into my account now unintentionally, and take my stuff.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    While I get that people are defending ESO -- keep in mind the head start was part of the incentive to pre-purchase the game. Listing head start as a perk of doing so, and then not being able to deliver on that perk does, in fact, mean they should probably do something.

I'm sure any community rep, in spite of the silly responses from the actual community, would even agree that is just good business practice.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server is still up. I am playing on each of them. The game is not completely down.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Kellhus wrote: »
    While I get that people are defending ESO -- keep in mind the head start was part of the incentive to pre-purchase the game. Listing head start as a perk of doing so, and then not being able to deliver on that perk does, in fact, mean they should probably do something.

I'm sure any community rep, in spite of the silly responses from the actual community, would even agree that is just good business practice.

So myself already at level 18, all the way to the people at level 50 already(facepalm) didnt get a headstart?

Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were a number of incentives to pre-purchase the game. Similarly, if you purchased the game at all and expect compensation for any server downtime due to unforeseen errors, you will be sorely disappointed. You signed a contract stating that your subscription included maintenance-related downtime.

And yes, I'm sure you could say that keeping the servers up 24/7 for Early Access is a "good business practice," but anyone who's ever played an MMO before would tell you that the actual words you're looking for are "horrifically unrealistic expectation."
    ----
    Murray?
  • EnikSleestak
    EnikSleestak
    ✭✭
    Short answer, to summarize:

no.

The fact that you had to edit your short answer is the funniest part.

-Slee
  • cat09tails
    cat09tails
    Soul Shriven
    Early access is mutually beneficial. We are, in effect, the QA team for Zenimax. We are not getting something for nothing.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but I don't see anyone really being denied head start access either. May have lost out on a few hours, but they're still getting head start.

I also can say that having worked for a company very much praised for it's customer service (Amazon), when we had a technical issue with our service (Amazon Instant Video) our upper management told us not to offer compensation. We were allowed to compensate for individual one-off issues.. but when it came to massive, everyone can't use it type stuff we were told no. Yeah, some of the representatives still would give out compensation in the form of promotional credits or refunds on purchased movies (rentals were allowed to be refunded), but we were actively told not to do so.

Edited to add: Basically what I was trying to get across is that I imagine most places are not going to want to offer compensation on a massive scale. Even WoW's compensation days are small compared to how many hours of downtime the game has had. FFXIV also compensated with additional days of "early access" however, people literally couldn't play that game for about the first week. So expecting it from the get-go for early access of all things is a bit silly.
    Edited by Lalai on 2 April 2014 13:44
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    While I get that people are defending ESO -- keep in mind the head start was part of the incentive to pre-purchase the game.

Well, some people certainly thought so. That being said, and trying to meet both sides in the middle, I might make the following suggestion:

Cost of early access = zero (name your currency, zero is the same in all of them).
    Compensation for disruption to early access = zero (have a no quibble full refund).
  • Appok
    Appok
    Soul Shriven

Get use to downtime bud. only way we will be compensated if it where down the whole day!

other then that get use to downtime! and do other things in your life.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would go a long way with the customers if Zenimax offered a little something to compensate for the almost 9 hours of downtime so far.

Is it expected? No.
  • Dalexx
    Dalexx
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    the compensation would be for the playing time lost due to unplanned maintenance.

Game isn't out yet; what playing time have you lost? It's like someone turning up to a football match a day early and then complaining that there's no football on.

The game is out, Whether we want to say it doesn't count because of early access is maybe another topic.

One could argue, that the folks who bought the Imperial edition paid for early access and thus is losing something. By my math, the Early access part cost me $5(I'm giving the other $15 for my Mount, pet, Treasure maps, ability to play any factions and play an Imperial) and I'm going to say .04 cents an hour, I've not been able to play for 4 hours now. I'll be looking for my full .16 cents in the mail!
    Edited by Dalexx on 2 April 2014 13:48
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would go a long way with the customers if Zenimax offered a little something to compensate for the almost 9 hours of downtime so far.

Is it expected? No.

It would reinforce this immature and outlandish belief that these people are entitled to some sort of compensation. So no it wouldnt go a long way..only the wrong way.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalexx wrote: »
    The game is out, Whether we want to say it doesn't count because of early access is maybe another topic.

One could argue, that the folks who bought the Imperial edition paid for early access and thus is losing something. By my math, the Early access part cost me $5 and I'm going to say .04 cents an hour, I've not been able to play for 4 hours now. I'll be looking for my full .16 cents in the mail!

Well, both pre-order editions had early access, so it's not just IE people. But no, the Early Access didn't cost you a dime, since your month of playtime included with the game starts on 4/4. These first 5 days are pure bonus time.

Which isn't to say that I don't get your sarcasm, but since people are always bound and determined to receive some kind of compensation, it's important to note that you didn't even spend money on this.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on 2 April 2014 13:50
    ----
    Murray?
  • Egdod
    Egdod
    ✭✭✭✭
    To those people saying there should be no compensation or saying to read the TOS.

I am assuming you have already paid for the game and are planning on paying a monthly subscription fee, so you have an investment in the game's future. In order for the game to have a future, the game needs subscriptions and this incident will generate bad publicity. Bad publicity equates directly to less sales which impacts your investment.

Bad publicity outweighs good publicity and people, in general, have a very short attention span. If good publicity follows bad publicity, then it can somewhat mitigate the loss in sales.

I do not think I deserve compensation at all. I do want ZOS to protect their, their investor's and my investment.
    Edited by Egdod on 2 April 2014 13:57
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every MMO, people cry like this over maintenance, demanding *** for free because wahhhhh....no one is catering to their pathetic lives. Newsflash: You're not the center of the universe. No one cares about your subjective 'tribulations'. In your terms of agreement, this is covered. Didn't read? Can't read? Sucks to be you.