Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Compensation?

Xemnas
Xemnas
✭✭
Will we be compensated for the downtime?

Stuff like an hour or two of double experience. That would be an awesome way for ZOS to make up for the lost game time.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something for Nothing Response:
    A price of $59.99 means we're paying roughly $0.08 per hour to play during the first month. Will we be compensated $0.40 plus applicable taxes for the downtime?

Example brought to you by @SookieStackhouse.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Downtime during this phase of an MMO launch is reasonable, expected and downright necessary when players find ways of doing evil things that they shouldn't be doing. Making sure it can't happen in future is hardly grounds for compensating someone who'd benefit from it (namely yourself and myself).
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compensated for what? Early access is a bonus. The subscription hasn't started yet.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I am sorry, I thought that OP was funny.

Plus I blame the 3 day headstarters... In the 5 day headstart, we did not have any issues of this thing called downtime :p
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Compensated for what? Early access is a bonus. The subscription hasn't started yet.
    damn ninja'd....lol
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Xemnas
    Xemnas
    ✭✭
    This isn't restricted to early access. Would we possibly get some bonuses after an emergency maintenance period post launch?
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    People never read the ToS do they.....
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Xemnas wrote: »
    This isn't restricted to early access. Would we possibly get some bonuses after an emergency maintenance period post launch?
    No we are not entitled to it, they may do so to appease the loud* people or to apologize but they are not obligated to do so.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief. Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Pathetic.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec wrote: »
    People never read the ToS do they.....
    The lie most used in all of modern humanity
    "I agree I have read the ToS"
  • Sixnco
    Sixnco
    ✭✭✭
    Why should they compensate? Early access alone was a bonus and not obligatory in the first place. Downtime is expected especially as more people come on. Things break, things go wrong... Even the best laid plans go awry. Murphy's Law. Just be patient and stop wanting something for nothing. They are fixing the game, that's your compensation.
    "There is no genius without a touch of madness"
    Weasyl Art Gallery
  • TheSnowWolf
    Short answer, to summarize:

no.
    Edited by TheSnowWolf on 2 April 2014 12:39
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, you'd think after 10 years of threads asking this same question in the WoW forums, people would have gotten the message.

No. Never. No way. Not a chance. Stop asking.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Straws" and "clutching" come to mind.

• Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Man, you'd think after 10 years of threads asking this same question in the WoW forums, people would have gotten the message.

Well with Blizzard it is even more of a NO than anywhere else...except EA, lol
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

Well with Blizzard it is even more of a NO than anywhere else...except EA, because EA charges you extra for it i.e. BF4, lol

Derp I meant to hit the edit button.....tired....oh well its edited at least....
    Edited by Trouvo on 2 April 2014 12:43
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    i was hoping to get a good hour in before i had to go to class :'(
    but hopefully they have it back up when i get back.
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • Xemnas
    Xemnas
    ✭✭

Instead of insulting me how about you provide constructive feedback. Your point is invalid anyways as the compensation would be for the playing time lost due to unplanned maintenance.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    I don't expect it, really. The first few months of an MMO are a bit shaky. My big hope is that a roll-back isn't needed to fix the bugs/glitches/pre-order apocalypse. :o
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well with Blizzard it is even more of a NO than anywhere else...except EA, because EA charges you extra for it i.e. BF4, lol

Derp I meant to hit the edit button.....tired....oh well its edited at least....

Im thankful ESO came along to distract me from that atrocity of an FPS.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Instead of insulting me how about you provide constructive feedback. Your point is invalid anyways as the compensation would be for the playing time lost due to unplanned maintenance.

These people should be compensated for having to reiterate what you should have read when you agreed to the TOS.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Step 1: Read the ToS that you agreed to when you got the game.
    Step 2: ?
    Step 3: Profit

----
    Murray?
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Again, I have to say, compensated for something you didn't pay for?

It is usual, if there were to be considerable downtime after launch (when the product you paid for actually comes out) then they may compensate with an extra day or something.

How is it that so many people don't understand what it is they have actually bought? You bought the Elder Scrolls Online game. The launch date is this coming Friday. Some of us may have paid extra for playing an Imperial, getting a horsie or crab, but nobody paid a penny extra for getting in early. The price we paid is the same as the price paid for people getting the same product in a week's time (when, of course, there can't be any early access).
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we be compensated for the downtime?
    Stuff like an hour or two of double experience. That would be an awesome way for ZOS to make up for the lost game time.

You're joking right? The only game to really do anything like this was WoW. That didn't even happen till some servers were down for over a week due to the number of people, or the couple of times there was a natural disaster.

You payed for the game. By doing that you take on the expectations (of an MMO launch) there will be some down time here and there as they find things that can only be found during a launch.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭

Well with Blizzard it is even more of a NO than anywhere else...except EA, lol

Actually, blizzard offered a lot of 1 day additions in vanilla for server issues.
    If i look at my wow history i got like a total of 16-23 days free subscription time because of server issues :) This was vanilla in 2006.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Il have to add, that while its annoying, we get to play multiple days for free. Be happy they are solving the issues now, rather than 04-04 when the real mess is going to happen!
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't ask too much from the ESO Team. They are working to ensure that the games run smoothly again and take care of the bugs that occurred before the official release. Should they give us a bonus out of generosity, many of us won't be online for a mere hour or two after the maintenance ends.
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform