Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Patcher Rollout

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the banner at top of index screen, it's simply maintenance. If it was patch, it would say so.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Wolf_Punk
    Wolf_Punk
    ✭✭
    29 Jun 2024
    As of a couple of days ago. When I click on the Launcher to check for updates, I got this message:
    "Timeout waiting for window to load. Please try to restart the Launcher."

I downloaded the latest launcher - no change.
    ESO itself still works, but with no launcher, it will not be able to update.
    I see from previous posts something in windows may be interfering - what do I do?

I am having this same issue! Have yet to find a fix for it, let me know if you find anything please!
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new launcher keeps throwing up a windows system permission request to install some old C++ something. that smells like bloatware crap so i decline every time. the launcher still runs and loads the game just fine, proving that this additional install perm is unneccessary. Sometimes the launcher shows a message 'cannot load news' but that is absolutely not a loss.

please remove this C++ bloatware install hidden in the new launcher
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelgaan wrote: »
    new launcher keeps throwing up a windows system permission request to install some old C++ something. that smells like bloatware crap so i decline every time. the launcher still runs and loads the game just fine, proving that this additional install perm is unneccessary. Sometimes the launcher shows a message 'cannot load news' but that is absolutely not a loss.

please remove this C++ bloatware install hidden in the new launcher

Many games require you to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, pretty sure to ensure a bit more stable experience. Depending on when a game was made, you can end up with multiple Redist. versions. These cause no harm to your PC.
    Edited by Maitsukas on 29 June 2024 20:50
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new launcher just told me "Game crash detected" after waking up from PC sleep, but without there having been an ESO session played for several hours. IDK what it thought it saw but it wasnt an ESO crash.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    The new launcher just told me "Game crash detected" after waking up from PC sleep, but without there having been an ESO session played for several hours. IDK what it thought it saw but it wasnt an ESO crash.

I wonder if it happened just as you quit playing, and with the PC going to sleep, of course you wouldn't see it until the "wake up call".

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My landing screen is now back to being "tiny" on my large screen. Can anyone remind me how I can bring it back to the enlarged size it had.

The screen is 3840x2160 so I have to lean way in to read it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    I know you guys don't support the Steam Deck, but the much vaunted controller support in the new launcher no longer works using the controller.

We still need to emulate the mouse either by the touchscreen or worse a BT controller when on the sofa (hold down chord + move right stick, hold down cord + right bumper for left click) to navigate to and click the play button.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any hope or chance the launcher update would be re-released to avoid and/or fix issues or it's all up to specific players having issues with new launcher now and they have to find solutions on their own, @ZOS_Kevin ?

Asking this just so we all have an understanding of how things are with this and what to expect or not to expect.
  • dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭

I always get this warning when closing the game. Every time, getting tedious.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I stop the launcher when I'm done playing the game, because I like to keep track of roughly how many hours I spend playing various Steam games (I play ESO via Steam), and leaving the launcher running for extended periods (e.g. until the PC switches to suspend mode) messes up these Steam numbers.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to repeat myself, but people in this topic (and many others concerning this problem) would really love some info about how the launcher issues are being dealt with.
    Is there any hope or chance the launcher update would be re-released to avoid and/or fix issues or it's all up to specific players having issues with new launcher update now and they have to find solutions on their own, @ZOS_Kevin ?

Asking this just so we all have an understanding of how things are with this and what to expect or not to expect. We would really appreciate some attention to this and an answer. Thank you.
  • AardvarkMcG
    AardvarkMcG
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all

After the recent game launcher update my game just will not play voa the Epic game launcher. I have spent the last 4 weeks or so talking though the various levels of support from both ZOS (when they can be bothered to look at the ticket - currently 6 days now "waiting on agent") and Epic support all to no avail, so I am turning to you, the community, to see if anyone can help.

When I install the game from the Epic Games Store, it installs the base game launcher from Install Anywhere and their own launcher file zozEGSStarter.exe. This installs arounf 370 Mb of files. When I start the game from the EGS the Zenimax launcher begns to start but then just closes after about one minute without actually launching. Because of this the main game files are then not installing from the Zenimax launcher.. rinse repeat.

Has anyone got a fix or a suggestion for this? I have done all the steps that were suggested by support (uninstall everything, reinstall it, checked disk space, checked graphics drivers, Window updates, chdsk, safe mode, run as admin etc etc) but the launcher is still failing to initialise.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

After the recent game launcher update my game just will not play voa the Epic game launcher. I have spent the last 4 weeks or so talking though the various levels of support from both ZOS (when they can be bothered to look at the ticket - currently 6 days now "waiting on agent") and Epic support all to no avail, so I am turning to you, the community, to see if anyone can help.

When I install the game from the Epic Games Store, it installs the base game launcher from Install Anywhere and their own launcher file zozEGSStarter.exe. This installs arounf 370 Mb of files. When I start the game from the EGS the Zenimax launcher begns to start but then just closes after about one minute without actually launching. Because of this the main game files are then not installing from the Zenimax launcher.. rinse repeat.

Has anyone got a fix or a suggestion for this? I have done all the steps that were suggested by support (uninstall everything, reinstall it, checked disk space, checked graphics drivers, Window updates, chdsk, safe mode, run as admin etc etc) but the launcher is still failing to initialise.

It should be way less than 370. Even with temporary file-build, mine last install (2 weeks ago) used just over 200Gb.
    What does EPIC say about their process?
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    I said it would happen.
    Down for maintenance, backup and Launcher still broken.
    9d21widzb9lu.jpg

"Invalid Client
    You've attempted to use an invalid or out-dated client. Please exit and update your client using the patcher."

But the Launcher is still broken.
    i26gj07e6n06.jpg

I did just download the latest, exactly the same size, so it is the same broken one (65,775 KB).

And the weekly Endeavor is dependent on daily logging in.

I am massively pissed off because we have been talking about this for weeks.
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    Did any of you submit a new ticket?
    I just did.
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    I said it would happen.
    9d21widzb9lu.jpg

"Invalid Client
    You've attempted to use an invalid or out-dated client. Please exit and update your client using the patcher."

i26gj07e6n06.jpg

I did just download the latest, exactly the same size, so it is the same broken one (65,775 KB).

When I opened the Launcher today, there's a button that says "Update." I click on it and get a message stating that "Launcher is busy and cannot start [The Elder Scrolls Online]. Please wait for [The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)] to finish. Not sure why. I don't even have the PTS environment enabled, because I don't use PTS.

When I try to run ESO directly from the program files, I get the "Invalid Client" message listed above. Beyond frustrating. This is the first time that I've had issues of this nature.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I said it would happen.
    9d21widzb9lu.jpg

"Invalid Client

i26gj07e6n06.jpg

When I opened the Launcher today, there's a button that says "Update." I click on it and get a message stating that "Launcher is busy and cannot start [The Elder Scrolls Online]. Please wait for [The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)] to finish. Not sure why. I don't even have the PTS environment enabled, because I don't use PTS.

When I try to run ESO directly from the program files, I get the "Invalid Client" message listed above. Beyond frustrating. This is the first time that I've had issues of this nature.

Open the launcher and settings and put the check mark on PTS to see whether it's downloading. Because for some people it did download in the background and made it impossible to do anything else. If so, cancel it and in PTS settings put "never" in auto update.

If your issues are not connected to such thing, then the only advice I can give is to run the launcher as administrator and see if update goes as it should.
    Hope any of it helps!
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    Kainarel wrote: »
    I said it would happen.
    9d21widzb9lu.jpg

"Invalid Client

i26gj07e6n06.jpg

Open the launcher and settings and put the check mark on PTS to see whether it's downloading. Because for some people it did download in the background and made it impossible to do anything else. If so, cancel it and in PTS settings put "never" in auto update.

If your issues are not connected to such thing, then the only advice I can give is to run the launcher as administrator and see if update goes as it should.
    Hope any of it helps!

Thanks for the info - I just noticed another post mentioning the same thing, so I did that...PTS is updating, currently at 52% completion as I type this. I changed the update settings to "Never" as recommended in the other post. When this PTS update finishes, then I can hide the PTS environment and go on my merry way! Thanks again.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I said it would happen.
    9d21widzb9lu.jpg

"Invalid Client

i26gj07e6n06.jpg

Try running the launcher as administrator - it helped some people resolve the issue and update the launcher and the game.
    If nothing works, the last resort is to either delete the launcher folder (or just place it somewhere else just in case), then run Steam and press Play so Steam reinstalls just the launcher (or reinstall the launcher from site) and then it could work; or reinstall the whole game, which also helped some people.
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    Kainarel wrote: »
    Try running the launcher as administrator - it helped some people resolve the issue and update the launcher and the game.
    If nothing works, the last resort is to either delete the launcher folder (or just place it somewhere else just in case), then run Steam and press Play so Steam reinstalls just the launcher (or reinstall the launcher from site) and then it could work; or reinstall the whole game, which also helped some people.

Running as Administrator did not work, same warning and failure to load.

I don't have it on Steam, I bought it on PC disk over ten years ago.
    I thought the Steam Launcher was different and that trick won't work - tell me I am wrong.
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    I reloaded ESO from the original disks.
    First thing it automatically did when complete was update the Launcher.
    Then it crashed again.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new launcher is a big fail.
    Player have to help the players here after a launcher trial of how many month? 6?
    Where is the ZOS info what we have to do and what we can and have to configure?
    The problem with the PTS - even mentioned earlier in this and some other threads - was not solved at all.

Personaly I got 2 error messages and after all I have a big mess on my PC.
    I always had the PTS installation on my secondary disk d: and the production on the main SSD disk c: because of space (respectively performance) reasons.
    Now - after I started without any problems the PTS launcher I have the PTS AND the production on d: and I don't know if I'm save to delete the unnecessary > 100GB on my d: disk? I had no chance to stop that 100GB download and overall ~2 hours of install the second production on my secondary disk. At least ZOS didn't tell me anything what to do - the new launcher just did what it did without asking me...
    After I updated the PTS (and the new launcher) I updated my production (incl. new launcher and a lot of fear) and got 2 error messages (and a lot more fear) before I could restart the launcher and it was ready to use the 10.0.7 patch. (*happy*)

So - a lot of fear and misterious errors - but at the end I can at least play again.
    But - I don't know if I delete the second and unnecessary live on my secondary disk, the download will be triggered again?
    Will I get in trouble if I use 2 launcher like I did the past couple of years?
    If I use only one new launcher - can I assure that I can install the PTS on d: ?
    I don't like to waste 100GB - even if I have enough free space on that disk...
    And btw: I will not contact the support because they cannot even handle easy problems and I'm afraid that this will get into a big mess if I try to explain that situation over weeks with different support employees :)
    Edited by Zabagad on 10 July 2024 04:17
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After downloading yesterday's patch, I just got the launcher popup error "the latest game launch has failed", AFTER I finished running the game and exited it normally. <scratches head>

I was curious about whether it was repeatable, so I started the launcher, and then the game, again, quit the game, and this time got no error popup on the launcher. So no idea what's causing the message, because it wasn't repeatable (at least not right now).
    Edited by vsrs_au on 10 July 2024 08:53
  • josvierselrwb17_ESO
    Answer I just received from ESO Help.

"Looking over your diagnostic files it seems that your machine does not currently meet the minimum specifications for the game, which can cause various issues with launching or running the game. Specifically the game requires a GPU of GTX 560 or greater, whereas your device only has a GPU of GT 630. For best results, you will need to play on an equivalent or better system. You can find further details of the required specifications for The Elder Scrolls Online here. The minimum specifications may increase after the release of new updates."

I'm sure my machine would still easily able to run it, if they had not changed the minimum!
    Edited by josvierselrwb17_ESO on 11 July 2024 01:44
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, they did update the min specs maybe 6 months back now - I'm really not sure how long it's been, though since I got my new machine put together in March it might have been just before that, because I remember thinking, HAH. Already taken care of! (Because my old pc was NINE YEARS old....)

• abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    I said it would happen.
    9d21widzb9lu.jpg

"Invalid Client

i26gj07e6n06.jpg

I am having the exact same problem, reinstalled launcher and still have the problem.

I can only play by starting the game directly without using the launcher. 😞
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    After downloading yesterday's patch, I just got the launcher popup error "the latest game launch has failed", AFTER I finished running the game and exited it normally. <scratches head>

I was curious about whether it was repeatable, so I started the launcher, and then the game, again, quit the game, and this time got no error popup on the launcher. So no idea what's causing the message, because it wasn't repeatable (at least not right now).
    Same again just now, launcher claims the game crashed, but it terminated normally.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launcher is acting weird - before it would show up to date news, but it doesn't seem to sync that anymore. It was showing an article from two weeks ago as having posted 12 hours prior. If I close the launcher and reload it, the news updates
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn