Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Patcher Rollout

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I don't think they're doing specific stuff for win 7 anymore? The new min spec OS is win 10 64 bit....

You are correct. With U42, Min Spec support no longer supports Win. 7 as Microsoft no longer supports updates for that version of the OS. We did note however, that you should not see major changes immediately, but rather, this could be an issue overtime after U42. So make sure to be mindful and upgrade if you can.

I'm already long-time on win 10 64 bit. Since it came out for free upgrade in 2015.... I won't be moving to win 11 though - when it gets to the EOL point on 10, I'm moving to linux of some flavor, not sure which yet.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Just downloaded and tested.

Works on my windows 7 system.

Issue I have is when I quit then try to reload it states patcher is already running even though I always close the patcher once game is loaded.

I, also, sometimes get a dll file is missing but if I click on the patcher icon on task bar it opens launcher.

Will these issues be fixed in tomorrows update?

LOTS of security risks running Windows 7 now....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Issue I have is when I quit then try to reload it states patcher is already running even though I always close the patcher once game is loaded.

I, also, sometimes get a dll file is missing but if I click on the patcher icon on task bar it opens launcher.

Well, not if you buy 3rd party security updates. I have a couple of friends who do that, and since they're both employed in IT, if they say the paid updates from 0patchPro are still available and not too expensive (this is on their home machines of course, not at work!) I will believe them.... though I personally would never revert to win7.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Well, not if you buy 3rd party security updates. I have a couple of friends who do that, and since they're both employed in IT, if they say the paid updates from 0patchPro are still available and not too expensive (this is on their home machines of course, not at work!) I will believe them.... though I personally would never revert to win7.

Perhaps, though Microsoft is not known for secure offerings, so relying on something built on top of that is a bit risky. But go for it if it seems to work for you.

Keep in mind that such software will not give you a pass from auditors/assessors however, though that is outside the scope of this topic.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Perhaps, though Microsoft is not known for secure offerings, so relying on something built on top of that is a bit risky. But go for it if it seems to work for you.

Keep in mind that such software will not give you a pass from auditors/assessors however, though that is outside the scope of this topic.

Excuse me? I didn't say I was using 0patch - I said friends of mine are. I'm using win 10 fully up to date. When it's EOL, I'm moving to linux.

You seem to cherry pick others' posts.... and guess what? I don't have "auditors/assessors" nor do my friends on their home systems.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Excuse me? I didn't say I was using 0patch - I said friends of mine are. I'm using win 10 fully up to date. When it's EOL, I'm moving to linux.

You seem to cherry pick others' posts.... and guess what? I don't have "auditors/assessors" nor do my friends on their home systems.

I was just commenting on the "it is just as safe" idea. While anyone who wants to use that instead is welcome to do so, I work in security as my "day job" so I am much more sensitive to these things. I don't see the cherry picking. I commented on the security of using Windows 7 in both replies. OT for this, so feel free to have the last word, but it is quite dangerous.

(Using Windows 11 can also have dangers, but at least some get fixed.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they're doing specific stuff for win 7 anymore? The new min spec OS is win 10 64 bit....

Yeah, I already knew that.

Hanging on a bit until I have to change.

Going to get a new rig rather than update OS.

Edited by Tyralbin on 26 June 2024 06:55
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There will be a number of fixes along with tomorrows update.

At what time will the update occur?
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I'm a bit unhappy right now with the lack of communication from ZOS about the UI scaling issue I mentioned. That messed up my in-game UI when I installed the beta launcher and then tried increasing the UI scaling factor, and I've mentioned it more than once in this thread, but no response. :(
      Edited by vsrs_au on 26 June 2024 10:16
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

The team is working on this now. The update should start in the next hour or so.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      vsrs_au wrote: »
      I'm a bit unhappy right now with the lack of communication from ZOS about the UI scaling issue I mentioned. That messed up my in-game UI when I installed the beta launcher and then tried increasing the UI scaling factor, and I've mentioned it more than once in this thread, but no response. :(

The launcher update for today hasn't been pushed yet. We are working on that right now. You should be prompted for an update soon.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Staff Post
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I already knew that.

Hanging on a bit until I have to change.

Going to get a new rig rather than update OS.

My daughter built me a new machine in March to replace my 9 year old antique - which I must say still runs fine. So I know the feeling! New rigs are fun (well, except for reinstalling all the programs I use on a daily basis....)

• EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      My launcher updated and now my game won't launch:

3hubbhsh17va.png

Already did Repair and full restart.

@ZOS_Kevin
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

The team is working on this now. The update should start in the next hour or so.

Update complete. Final version appears to work great for me! Able to log-in with no problems.
      Thanks!!
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • ZOS_Kevin
        ZOS_Kevin
        Community Manager
        EF321 wrote: »

3hubbhsh17va.png

@ZOS_Kevin

Could you try a complete uninstall and reinstall? Just want to make sure we do all the troubleshooting steps before escalating.
        Staff Post
      • EF321
        EF321
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

3hubbhsh17va.png

@ZOS_Kevin

Could you try a complete uninstall and reinstall? Just want to make sure we do all the troubleshooting steps before escalating.

Reinstall didn't help either
      • EF321
        EF321
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

3hubbhsh17va.png

@ZOS_Kevin

Reinstall didn't help either

PTS works fine through launcher.
        Starting eso64.exe straight with no launcher works, just starting live from launcher doesn't.
      • vsrs_au
        vsrs_au
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

The launcher update for today hasn't been pushed yet. We are working on that right now. You should be prompted for an update soon.
        Thanks. But I wasn't asking about the launcher update date.
        Edited by vsrs_au on 26 June 2024 19:39
      • vsrs_au
        vsrs_au
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        :( I just started the launcher now, got the forced update, started the game, and all my UI elements are incorrectly scaled and positioned. Now I have to fix them (again) for all my 8 characters. That's exactly why I was asking (several times) about the UI scaling issue in the launcher that also affects the game. But for some reason, my queries never got any reply.
        Edited by vsrs_au on 26 June 2024 19:56
      • TaSheen
        TaSheen
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Updated just now; launched game through new launcher, loaded into game just fine. @vsrs_au - thankfully I'm not seeing the UI scaling in my game being affected (I've had it set at maximum ever since I got 4k screens); I was a bit worried after reading about your issue!

• GretchenRPH
        GretchenRPH
        ✭✭
        Category: Resolved Security Risks
        Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename
        6/26/2024 4:51:39 PM,High,dd8868bdb1ddc26d7b14df21bf13ef0cfd939fc2.solidpiece (Heur.AdvML.B) detected by Auto-Protect,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,C:\Users\16142\AppData\Local\Temp\76809b23244d57663434ac40622941948553a566\dd8868bdb1ddc26d7b14df21bf13ef0cfd939fc2.solidpiece

Category: Quarantine
        6/26/2024 4:51:39 PM,High,dd8868bdb1ddc26d7b14df21bf13ef0cfd939fc2.solidpiece (Heur.AdvML.B) detected by Auto-Protect,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,C:\Users\16142\AppData\Local\Temp\76809b23244d57663434ac40622941948553a566\dd8868bdb1ddc26d7b14df21bf13ef0cfd939fc2.solidpiece

Norton Antivirus suite pinged and quarantined this at the same time the launcher was patching. I have no idea if related or coincidence.

• ZOS_Kevin
        ZOS_Kevin
        Community Manager

You are correct. With U42, Min Spec support no longer supports Win. 7 as Microsoft no longer supports updates for that version of the OS. We did note however, that you should not see major changes immediately, but rather, this could be an issue overtime after U42. So make sure to be mindful and upgrade if you can.

I'm already long-time on win 10 64 bit. Since it came out for free upgrade in 2015.... I won't be moving to win 11 though - when it gets to the EOL point on 10, I'm moving to linux of some flavor, not sure which yet.

I've heard some rumblings of gpus being built with Linux in mind. So that probably is going to be more attainable in the next few years. Totally get the switch-up to Linux.
        Category: Resolved Security Risks

Category: Quarantine

Norton Antivirus suite pinged and quarantined this at the same time the launcher was patching. I have no idea if related or coincidence.

Thanks for this. We are currently working on resolving this. Your info here is helpful.
        Staff Post
      • vsrs_au
        vsrs_au
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        :( I just started the launcher now, got the forced update, started the game, and all my UI elements are incorrectly scaled and positioned. Now I have to fix them (again) for all my 8 characters. That's exactly why I was asking (several times) about the UI scaling issue in the launcher that also affects the game. But for some reason, my queries never got any reply.
        I temporarily changed the display scaling of the monitor in which I run ESO from 125% to 100%, and the in-game UI scaling returned to normal and the UI elements were now their previous sizes, but because it had been scaled up to 125% then back down to 100%, several UI elements had been moved.
        This should not occur. The in-game and operating system display scaling should never be linked!

Before anyone mentions it, no I had not changed my operating system's display scaling for that monitor before and just after getting the new-style launcher, so this problem is purely caused by the launcher and the game, not by my changing any operating system settings.

I reverted my operating system display scaling back to 125% because 100% makes everything too small, and as for fixing all the UI elements for my 8 ESO characters, well I just can't face doing that right now. :(
      • MoonPile
        MoonPile
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The new Launcher somehow flagged a bunch of ReShade files as "unnecessary" and wanted to delete them. (I don't think I let it?)

Then Microsoft something-or-other popped up asking to make changes; I forget what it's called – the thing related to dlls.

Also had to restart Steam and the launcher several times as it wasn't working.

Now the whole game is blurry (like pixelation/bad anti-aliasing even though those settings didn't change), including UI, and unstable.

I'm not sure what made it crash the first time, but the second time I was just trying to change from Windowed (Full screen) to Full and back again. So it definitely messed something up related to graphics and ReShade, but why? I hope I don't have to troubleshoot and reinstall all of that all day now... ugh

UPDATE:
        After the last crash, I restarted and it's now in the correct mode (Windowed Full Screen) and sharp.
        Hope it stays this way, and stays on...
        Edited by MoonPile on 26 June 2024 21:24
      • MoonPile
        MoonPile
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I temporarily changed the display scaling of the monitor in which I run ESO from 125% to 100%, and the in-game UI scaling returned to normal and the UI elements were now their previous sizes, but because it had been scaled up to 125% then back down to 100%, several UI elements had been moved.
        This should not occur. The in-game and operating system display scaling should never be linked!

Before anyone mentions it, no I had not changed my operating system's display scaling for that monitor before and just after getting the new-style launcher, so this problem is purely caused by the launcher and the game, not by my changing any operating system settings.

I reverted my operating system display scaling back to 125% because 100% makes everything too small, and as for fixing all the UI elements for my 8 ESO characters, well I just can't face doing that right now. :(

Maybe this is what I'm seeing in my comment also. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8139045/#Comment_8139045

• licenturion
        licenturion
        ✭✭✭✭
        MoonPile wrote: »
        The new Launcher somehow flagged a bunch of ReShade files as "unnecessary" and wanted to delete them. (I don't think I let it?)

Then Microsoft something-or-other popped up asking to make changes; I forget what it's called – the thing related to dlls.

Also had to restart Steam and the launcher several times as it wasn't working.

Now the whole game is blurry (like pixelation/bad anti-aliasing even though those settings didn't change), including UI, and unstable.

I'm not sure what made it crash the first time, but the second time I was just trying to change from Windowed (Full screen) to Full and back again. So it definitely messed something up related to graphics and ReShade, but why? I hope I don't have to troubleshoot and reinstall all of that all day now... ugh

UPDATE:
        After the last crash, I restarted and it's now in the correct mode (Windowed Full Screen) and sharp.
        Hope it stays this way, and stays on...

That is ReShade acting up. Had the same during the beta. Usually it fixed after that restart and it is a one time issue only.

Also uncheck 'check for obsolete files after launcher startup' in the options of the launcher if you use ReShade.

If stuff is blurry usually a fix is switching to windowed mode and back to fullscreen. Blurryness will be fixed from then on.
        Edited by licenturion on 26 June 2024 21:28
      • Casdha
        Casdha
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        For me this last update has made a small but annoying issue. The launcher does not seem to remember where it was located on the screen when it closes. When I re-open it it is always set to the upper left of my screen (4k TV @4K res for a monitor). Its is not all of the way in the corner but it is shifted up and to the left of center, not in the center where I left it.

Not game breaking but I thought I'd mention it.
        Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Tyralbin
        Tyralbin
        ✭✭✭✭
        I had issue this morning logging in.

My game has started freezing again before getting to select screen. It gave me every error code and asked me to repair.

I decided to restart comp first and it all worked fine after.
        Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
      • josvierselrwb17_ESO
        29 Jun 2024
        As of a couple of days ago. When I click on the Launcher to check for updates, I got this message:
        "Timeout waiting for window to load. Please try to restart the Launcher."

I downloaded the latest launcher - no change.
        ESO itself still works, but with no launcher, it will not be able to update.
        I see from previous posts something in windows may be interfering - what do I do?
      • Kainarel
        Kainarel
        ✭✭✭
        Is the July 1st maintenance without patches at least?
        It would be frustrating to not be able to log in while we wait for launcher solutions.. Hopefully those solutions are coming soon.