The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Azandar's Favor: Interact with an Ayelid Well

IsharaMeradin
IsharaMeradin
✭✭✭✭
Today I unlocked the "interact with an Ayelid Well" portion of Azandar's Favor on PCNA while inside Vunalk for the Blackwood Delve Daily

There are a few issues with that.
  • I had Bastian out
  • I do not have Azandar at all
  • I do not have access to Necrom to even obtain Azandar

I suspect one or more of those constitute a "bug".
PC-NA / PC-EU
ID @IsharaMeradin
Characters NA
Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
Characters NA
Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • mantrax3
    mantrax3
    Soul Shriven
    I have another problem. I've tried everything but it won't unlock the achievement. Reputation with Azandar at maximum and level 20. I tried to lower the reputation by 10 points and as soon as I use the Well it gives me 5 reputation points but the achievement is not completed.
  • mantrax3
    mantrax3
    Soul Shriven
    Bug related to achievement Azandar's favor.
    I'm trying to use the Ayled Well in all ways but the achievement doesn't unlock.
    I tried restarting the game, trying to summon Azandar, trying to summon more companions.
    I noticed that using the Ayled Well Azandar gains 5 reputation points so it works but doesn't unlock the achievement.
    IF I GO WITH AZANDAR NEAR AN AYLEID WELL AND USE IT IT SHOULD GIVE ME THE ACHIEVEMENT BUT IT DOESN'T WORK... IT'S A BUG.
  • Basbor
    Basbor
    ✭✭✭
    mantrax3 wrote: »
    Bug related to achievement Azandar's favor.
    I noticed that using the Ayled Well Azandar gains 5 reputation points so it works but doesn't unlock the achievement.

The same here. It must be a bug. Tried different Ayleid Wells and on different toons. The achievement doesn't unlock.

The other five tasks of the Azadar's Favor achievement are working, only "Interact with an Ayleid Well" doesn't.

Please fix it. Thanks in advance!
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having the same issue. I have even tried unlocking azandar on different characters and it’s just not working.
  • Belb
    Belb
    Ditto
    I also tried on an alt - no joy.
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it gets resolved cause this prevents us from getting in game buffs from maxing out companions :disappointed:
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get any help or advice on what to do to get a work around so we can complete the achievement?
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    I tried everything as written above, but no chance at all. Guess we have to wait until they fix it.

Edit: Server PC-EU
    Edited by Oznog666 on 2 November 2023 16:26
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah just seems to be bugged after this last update. I have tons of friends who did it when chapter launched and had no issues. Hopefully we hear something soon.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it was a good thing for me then that I got the achievement before ever purchasing Necrom and getting Azandar. I went to an Ayelid well with him so that I could at least meet the conditions for it even if it was after the fact.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, all the rest of us can do is open bug reports in game and make posts about it here on the forums and hope it gets fixed
  • Aluna
    Aluna
    ✭✭✭
    How does this not get any attention? I tried 3 wells, including the one in Vunalk with both Bastian and Azandar and it still doesn't give me the achievement
    >6000h @ PC-EU
    Event Leader in the best Trading Union
    Streaming as Felunaris
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Because there are so many other bugs, just check this thread.
  • Aluna
    Aluna
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, yesterday a guild mate said that Grahtwood didn't work for him but Blackwood did, so I went activating all the Blackwood wells, got the "Enticed by Magic" achievement but still not Azanders Favor -.-
    At this point I think I tried all overland wells in Tamriel
    Edited by Aluna on 7 November 2023 11:39
    >6000h @ PC-EU
    Streaming as Felunaris
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe that’s the issue, it’s not just any Ayleid well, I used the ones marked on the overland map in Blackwood and got the achievement back after the chapter came out.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Anru
    Anru
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having this same issue. Submitted a bug report and I suppose I'm just waiting on a fix. It's the last thing I need to do to earn his keepsake so I'm a bit irritated.
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that’s the issue, it’s not just any Ayleid well, I used the ones marked on the overland map in Blackwood and got the achievement back after the chapter came out.

Well, somebody wrote that he was visiting every well in Blackwood and it didnt work. Some other got it in different areas, so I'm pretty sure its a new bug. I tried it yesterday again, this time I had all add-ons not just deactivated but also moved out of the addon folder to find out whether an addon caused it but still nothing. So for now I have Azandar deactivated because I prefer Ember :-)
  • Basbor
    Basbor
    ✭✭✭
    The bug is still not fixed after today's patch.
  • Aluna
    Aluna
    ✭✭✭
    Patch Day, Wells still bugged
    >6000h @ PC-EU
    Streaming as Felunaris
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Fortunately all mine got this before ZOS stuffed it up, but perhaps if you are desperate and not willing to wait around for it to hopefully some time in our lifetime be fixed, you could try getting Bastion and taking him to an Ayleid well to get the achievement for Azander? Seems to have worked for the person who started the topic, and he never even had Necrom at the time.
  • Basbor
    Basbor
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it with ALL companions (incl. Bastian) using different Ayleid Wells - nothing works here. It's broken.

With this bug, you can't unlock the following three Necrom-achievements:

Azandar's Favor (10 Points)
    The Consummate Cohort (15 Points)
    Mercenaries and Metamagic (50 Points)

@ZOS_GinaBruno please help us!
    Edited by Basbor on 14 November 2023 14:46
  • Eris21
    Eris21
    ✭✭
    Tried interacting with a well in Blackwood, did get the voiceline but no achievement progress
    GM of Song of Sun and Moon on PC-EU
  • Werra
    Werra
    Soul Shriven
    Multiple Wells, multiple zones, multiple characters.
    Even tried lowering rep so that it was not at max; still no luck.
  • Aluna
    Aluna
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity I tried with my second account, that doesn't own Necrom (so no Azandar), to activate an Ayleid Well in Blackwood while having Ember out.
    It gave me the damn progress on the Achievement!
    From how this looks like, according to everyones experiences so far, someone messed up the line of code where the game checks whether Necrom is active on the Account in order to grant progress on the achievement because its exactly the wrong way around.
    >6000h @ PC-EU
    Streaming as Felunaris
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anyway for us to do a workaround to get the achievement to be granted?
  • Hailan
    Hailan
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve tried once a day for like 12 days now and I dont know what to do anymore
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone mentioned having Bastion out, so try using the well with Bastion and see if that works to give Azander his happy moment
    Soupy twist
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have this. After this topic I decided to try.

Whipped Azander out in Blackwood. Went to a well. Used it. It's now ticked off in the achievement.

I have all upgrades, ESO+, all companions. This info is probably pretty useless for the people that have this issue, but since I tested I wanted to share anyway.
  • Oznog666
    Oznog666
    ✭✭✭
    Aluna wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I tried with my second account, that doesn't own Necrom (so no Azandar), to activate an Ayleid Well in Blackwood while having Ember out.
    It gave me the damn progress on the Achievement!
    From how this looks like, according to everyones experiences so far, someone messed up the line of code where the game checks whether Necrom is active on the Account in order to grant progress on the achievement because its exactly the wrong way around.

Did the same and was using my wife's account. She does not have Necrom nor Azandar, I went to an Ayleid well in Grahtwood with Ember and guess what? It worked, she is now having exactly this achievement without having Necrom.......

So one more cry for help is going out to @ZOS_GinaBruno pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help us. Accounts with no Necrom at all are getting this achievement but Accounts with Necrom and Azandar can not get it anymore.
  • Anru
    Anru
    Soul Shriven
    I've tried every well in Blackwood, the one in Vunalk, and the one in Coldharbour so far with no dice. I've tried having Azandar out and not having him out and also once with Bastian out. I'm wondering if it's because I had him at max rapport already so I didn't get an approval tick?