The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Have you ever seen decent skillful "healer" in the random PUG team?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
It is really rare case to meet "reliable real tank" in the PUG dungeon. But meeting "real healer"
is more rare case in PUG dungeon from my experience. How often can you meet decent healer in the PUG dungeon?
(including veteran dungeon)
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

Have you ever seen decent skillful "healer" in the random PUG team? 48 votes

Totally not. I've never seen decent healer in PUG dungeon except me.
0%
Only 1 or 2. But it's mostly fake or useless healer.
12%
AvalonRangerbbrown0770Elrond87nonamegodalay_NBPrincessOfThieves 6 votes
Several times.
87%
SorakapreeviouspeacenoteCadburyfizl101AcadianPaladinKatheriahJanTanhidekarthrag_inakCatagamiWrathOfInnosWildRaptorXcolossalvoidsBlood_againHotdog_23AutumnMystVinterskaldAlienoutlawmdjessup4906Dragonredux 42 votes
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I don’t really pay attention to every aspect of everyone else, mostly just myself. But I do notice when my sustain is sustaining/if I’m getting orbs and I have multiple times gotten guildmate healers in pugs.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I usually am the healer, so I can't really say. I only have one healer build, and it's the same I use for Vet Trials. So, yeah, when I pug, I heal as well as I would in a trial.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    Definitely yes.
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I used to PUG with my healer, but it's Russian roulette. I met so many bad DD's that my healer often did more DPS.

If I'd use the queue nowadays, I'd be a fake heal because of all the fake DD's using groupfinder. I can't be bothered though so I befriended actual DD's.
    Options
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    Whether players queue for “fake” roles or not on Normal doesn’t bother me in the slightest as long as everyone works together and doesn’t complain about a death or two. I never fake queue because i don’t feel the need to rush the dungeon queue. I’ll get in when i get in, or create a guild group. 🤷‍♀️

As far as Veteran goes… players really shouldn’t fake queue. Some of those dungeons are hard enough as it is without having to pick up someone’s slack.

Stick together, be kind and aware, and be lighthearted. It’ll make any dungeon of any difficulty so much more enjoyable.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several times.
    Every time khajiit has pugged vet dungeons as dps he has always have skilled an pleasant healers who have kept him alive despite his best efforts at dying. This has been staggeringly consistent over the past 5 or 6 years. Kind of frightening - is almost as if queue understands "oh no, it's -that- khajiit again, put best healer on it!"

When this one pugs vets as tank, he almost always gets cp 50-140 folks who are wearing prophet's gear and not sure which direction to run.

This one does not know if he should be insulted or flattered.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be tank main player. 95% of the healer of PUG team is almost fake or useless. :'(
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who pretty much only queues as a healer (mostly in vet dungeons) I'm not really qualified to answer the question.

That said, a major challenge when queueing as a healer is that something like 50% of PuGs don't really need a healer at all (usually because of sky high unbuffed DPS), 30% mainly need a 3rd DD (because their DPS is so low buffing won't help), 10% need a whole bunch of actual healing (because of standing in stupid), and a final 10% want (but don't really need) damage/sustain buffs. This makes it really hard to have a build that's good for everyone.

I tend to compromise by running a DD/healer hybrid build, but I'm sure that disappoints some people because I have fewer group buffs than they're used to in their organized trials runs.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on 21 August 2023 02:38
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually am the healer, so I can't really say. I only have one healer build, and it's the same I use for Vet Trials. So, yeah, when I pug, I heal as well as I would in a trial.

This is me too. The only time I play a different role in dungeons is if I’m running with guildies who already have a healer, and that’s rare.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I guess many people in PUG can miss the healer's work because they don't look at it specially.
    It is close to the job of computer server administrator: nobody knows about your work when it is nicely done, people notice the difference only if it is failed :)

I usually can see how a healer works while working as a tank.
    For normals and nonDLC vets: More than a half of them are just fakes. Many of the rest limit their work with a few hots and just do damage in spare time. About 5% summary put synergy on tank. The same 5% buff dd with something.
    For DLC vets the % of buff and synergy providers is about 60%. Many of them used ults in time, were situatonaly aware and could save the group in critical moment if necessary.

Interesting fact: many of dedicated healers with synergy and buffs in normals were 30-49 lvl, not champions. Maybe vets upped their alts or something like that IDK.

Actually, if you want to meet a good healer in random group - queue to vet DLC. You'll find gold. Sometimes not :)
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I havent played any dungeons for 2 months but before that I saw good healers often
    Options
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    Stop pugging normal and you'll see plenty of healers.
    Options
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    In normal dungeons you will often see healers leveling, and 95% of the time dd´s with a restro staff.

There is no reason to enter a normal dungeon, as long speedrunners, skipers and other fakes are overfloding, those dungeons.

The best to do is to stay out of them (even vet).
    Options
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I only play veteran, and most healers there range from decent to top notch.
    The occasionnal fake healer scum is there too, though, sometimes.

But yes, in veteran, the lack of quality healer/tank is less of a problem. I do my random in vet, now, for that reason.
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    Several times.
    Just me, myself and I.

More often than not I have to fill in for tank and DD as well.
    Edited by Calastir on 25 August 2023 11:11
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I initially felt called out by this, as a true healer.

Then I remembered that nobody sees me in the queue because I stopped running group content since U35. I still think of myself as a healer and I really need to let go of it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I pug as a real healer, so yeah. . . .
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a 'good healer' means different things for different groups; for eg., I prefer healers that do more buffing/debuffing than actual healing and also have damage skills slotted for off-dpsing (which is how I play my own healer characters as well), and generally having a rotation and decent APM, and I don't see many healers like that at all in random PUGs, only in organized groups. To be fair though you only need healers like that for pushing harder content, which is not usually the case for PUGs, so it makes sense you don't see them often in these groups.
    Options
  • Lozeenge
    Lozeenge
    ✭✭✭
    Several times.
    I usually run into more bad DPS than I do bad healers...
    PC-NA / 1500+ CP / PvE mostly / "Mama didn't raise no tank."
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several times.
    Absolutely. I ran into one the other night in Vmf. I see it a lot it vet dlcs. Not much in notmals though.
    Options
  • alay_NB
    alay_NB
    Yes. When I come as a healer.

But I leave when the tank is fake.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several times.
    usually me, unless i'm tanking or dps lol
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several times.
    I run pugs much more rarely since AwA, as I have less of a reason to run dungeons except in curated groups to accomplish a specific task, but I absolutely have run into real healers besides myself in this way.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped pugging dungeons because when I queued as a healer or tank (in "appropriate" setups for the content) I would usually be doing 30-50% of the group damage, using 3 or 4 skills that do damage in total.

They were painful, slow, and a complete turnoff from queuing. I'll run 1/10th the dungeons, but do them with friends for an enjoyable experience.

And the second you even think about mentioning to a "Damage Dealer" that actually using skills instead of just bow light attacking will do more damage... you're either going to get a forum thread, falsely reported, or both... and I'm just not frankly risking my account for players who have no intent on actually improving at their role.

The last time I pugged on my tank, we had to kill 12 Daedroths on the final boss of BCII... and there were still 8 alive when he finally died. I was doing 40% of the damage. Group damage was 12k.

Never again.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options