Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Earn Rewards During Whitestrake's Mayhem"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
w6o9uo95js6t.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Stalk Tamriel's PvP Battlegrounds & Earn Bonus Rewards During Whitestrake's Mayhem"

"Clash across Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, and Battlegrounds during the Whitestrake’s Mayhem in-game event and you’ll earn bonuses to Alliance Points and XP gains, in-game rewards, and more!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 24 May 2023 20:19
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I think most pvp players would prefer separate telvar and AP events like we've traditionally had, I'm glad that ZOS followed through and included double telvar in this event. I hope this will be the trend for all future midyear/whitestrakes events.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So most events are seven days to two weeks, but PvPers only get five days?

Typical.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Typical.

Think you may have misread the article, its 11th May til 23rd May

gykajq22ic1y.png
    Soupy twist
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Typical.

Think you may have misread the article, its 11th May til 23rd May

gykajq22ic1y.png

Ah, I did indeed misread. Thanks for clarifying.

It's interesting that materials harvested are no longer "double drops" like before, but are now "extra resources." I wonder what the odds breakdown is now.

I will say I'm impressed that ZOS actually published the odds of getting the full Akaviri motif book! More disclosure and transparency is always welcome.

Edited by Jaraal on 4 May 2023 17:00
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaaaay!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I need to spend some time this weekend stocking up on Citrus!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Lets gooooooooooooo!
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite event of the year is here! :naughty:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_KEVIN with a second whitestrake event being immediately after this will that one have the exact same styles drop? Or are we going to have different ones?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin : The terminology is, as so often, a bit confusing. Will event tickets be given (as usual!) for Scouting and Warfront quests?
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Every other time this event has been run we got a Pelinal’s Boon Box everytime we earned a Reward of the Worthy. In the article you're stating....

"You can receive these boxes from participating in the activities listed below:

Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
    Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
    Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
    Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
    Imperial City daily quests"

Why the change?
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're also saying we can get a "Cyrodiil repair kit".

Is this a new item? What does it do?
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    ZOS_KEVIN with a second whitestrake event being immediately after this will that one have the exact same styles drop? Or are we going to have different ones?

There will be new drops, details regarding them are from last week's PTS patch notes:
    This season, boon boxes contain the usual offerings plus a chance to receive an unbound, tradeable style page for the Sancre Tor Paragon weapon styles. If you’ve already earned a Sancre Tor Paragon page that day, you can instead earn pages from the returning Tools of Domination weapon styles.

Imperial City bosses have a chance to drop pages for the Sancre Tor Paragon armor style. If you’ve already earned one that day, you can instead find Gloamsedge armor style pages from last Mayhem.

This season’s Bags of Veteran’s Glory can contain the following items and will always give you something you don’t already have. All contents of these bags are bound to you.
    • Legion Zero Armor Style Pages
    • Legion Zero Vigiles Armor Style Pages
    • Second Legion Armor Style Pages
    • Standard-Bearer Emotes
    • Standard-Bearer Staves and Shields Style Pages
    • Ebonsteel Knight Armor Style Pages
    • Black Drake Armor Style Pages
    • Battle-Scarred Body and Face Markings
    • Black Drake Warpaint Body and Face Markings
    • House Dufort Banneret Armor Style Pages
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Every other time this event has been run we got a Pelinal’s Boon Box everytime we earned a Reward of the Worthy. In the article you're stating....

"You can receive these boxes from participating in the activities listed below:

Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
    Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
    Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
    Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
    Imperial City daily quests"

Why the change?

It does say "you can earn Pelinal’s Boon Boxes in addition to your regular Rewards for the Worthy containers and PvP daily quest rewards." So I would assume you still get a box for every 20k AP you earn.

That would be awful if you could only get the boxes from quests. Please don't give them any bad ideas!

I would assume that means you get one of four items: Either a wall repair kit, a door repair kit, a siege repair kit, or a bridge and milegate repair kit.

Is this correct, Kevin?
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭

Each Cyrodiiil repair kit feeds one server hamster for a day.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my Whitestrake's Mayhem 101 Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633232/whitestrakes-mayhem-101-may-2023

If you're new to Whitestake's Mayhem or unsure of how to dip your toes into the PvP-infested waters Cyrodiil, Battlegrounds, and Imperial City, come on in. The water is fine filled with PVPers, but hey, everyone dies in PVP. Don't let a little death spoil the fun, jump right in, persevere until you've got what you came for and, who knows, you might even enjoy yourself along the way!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

If you're passing along questions, can you ask if there will be a Below 50 Imperial City campaign this time?

Below 50 Players have the option to complete on equal terms in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds for those Event Tickets, but thus far the Devs have never spun up a Below 50 Imperial City campaign for Whitestrakes/Midyear Mayhem (despite the fact that we used to have a campaign with that ruleset at one point). Its kind of problematic that Below 50 players have to compete at an unfair disadvantage in Imperial City if they want all the daily tickets.

Thanks!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU just died and cant log back in,cant wait for the event to start zos-with your new "improved" servers

stuck in combat bug 20 min after last fight,dk and wardens al over and all other classes missing
    why you ppl start the event with so many probs is beyond me ,guess il wait for reports tomorrow evening B)
    Edited by method__01 on 10 May 2023 22:09
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

If you're passing along questions, can you ask if there will be a Below 50 Imperial City campaign this time?

Below 50 Players have the option to complete on equal terms in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds for those Event Tickets, but thus far the Devs have never spun up a Below 50 Imperial City campaign for Whitestrakes/Midyear Mayhem (despite the fact that we used to have a campaign with that ruleset at one point). Its kind of problematic that Below 50 players have to compete at an unfair disadvantage in Imperial City if they want all the daily tickets.

Thanks!

As far as I'm aware, the low level player bonus from PvE carries over to PvP areas as well. (If you walk into a normal undaunted dungeon solo at lvl 10, you will be lvl 12 by the time you finish it.... and that's solo, without a companion.)

I always play my characters in the main campaign as well as Imperial City once they hit level 10, and while they don't benefit from lvl 50 class, race, and weapons passives... they can still use max CP, and do very well.... and in some cases better than my max level characters. Some level 10s can clear resource guards and IC flag guards amazingly efficiently, and will give fully leveled players a run for their money.

My personal strategy is to let my RFTW bags pile up unopened, then open the mails with my low level character. All the PvP gear (which I would be deconning anyway, as I have full stickers) is attuned to their level, and they get effectively full sets of everything. It also helps them level faster in PvE, as full sets of lvl 25 Plaguebreak and Dark Convergence (yes I know mostly trash sets currently available) makes the levelling process much easier.

But what about the raw newbies who don't have access to CP yet, you say? Well, they're going to be clapped on the regular by sub-50 campaigners with max CP anyway, so that's irrelevant. Unless they were to make an under 50 no CP campaign.... which I don't see them wasting resources on as attendance would be rather sparse.

Edited by Jaraal on 10 May 2023 23:14
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, I have some answers for you to start of Whitestrake's Mayhem.

@wolfie1.0. - As noted earlier, there will be different rewards. You can check those out here. However, please remember that the second Whitestrake's Mayhem is also in the Q2 event window. So event ticket rewards will be consistent there.
    @VaranisArano- Unfortunately, no Below 50 Imperial City campaign this time.

@FluffWit - Cyrodiil repair kit is just a way for us to condense the writing of wall repair kit, a door repair kit, a siege repair kit, or a bridge and milegate repair kit, as @Jaraal mentioned. So not a new item. But we have noted this for future writing consideration.

As for the Pelinal’s Boon Box, you still get them every time you earned a Reward of the Worthy. That has not changed. A thing to remember with the articles, they are being written for various audiences. So sometimes we break things down for a newer player and it sounds like we are changing things. But we aren't. The only major change to this event from last year is new rewards and the double Tel Var. That being said, we have also passed the wording feedback to the team.

@FrancisCrawford all event ticket sources are the same. So no changes there.

Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the detailed response, Kevin.

Load up one of your toons, and let's see you on the battlefield!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame, but thanks for the answer!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, I have some answers for you to start of Whitestrake's Mayhem.

@wolfie1.0. - As noted earlier, there will be different rewards. You can check those out here. However, please remember that the second Whitestrake's Mayhem is also in the Q2 event window. So event ticket rewards will be consistent there.
    @VaranisArano- Unfortunately, no Below 50 Imperial City campaign this time.

@FluffWit - Cyrodiil repair kit is just a way for us to condense the writing of wall repair kit, a door repair kit, a siege repair kit, or a bridge and milegate repair kit, as @Jaraal mentioned. So not a new item. But we have noted this for future writing consideration.

As for the Pelinal’s Boon Box, you still get them every time you earned a Reward of the Worthy. That has not changed. A thing to remember with the articles, they are being written for various audiences. So sometimes we break things down for a newer player and it sounds like we are changing things. But we aren't. The only major change to this event from last year is new rewards and the double Tel Var. That being said, we have also passed the wording feedback to the team.

@FrancisCrawford all event ticket sources are the same. So no changes there.

Thanks!

I figured out it when I attempted to turn the quest in and was able to. :)

I suggest you also note that point for future writing. Non-PvPers like me may not memorize the different board types and match them to quest types of different names.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It repairs the lag in Cyrodiil of course.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you get the emblem fragments to combine to get the alliance banner emote?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poss wrote: »
    How do you get the emblem fragments to combine to get the alliance banner emote?

You have to buy a certificate from Predicant Maera for 50,000 AP to combine them.

And if they didn't change them this year, it's not really an alliance banner. It's a Legion Zero banner that they stole from the Yokudans in Craglorn, and is dyed in washed out colors that kind of look like alliance colors, but not really.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/510143/alliance-banner-bought-from-impresario-is-legion-zero-banner/p1

Edited by Jaraal on 11 May 2023 17:56
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭

You have to buy a certificate from Predicant Maera for 50,000 AP to combine them.

I can see what I need to buy, but I don’t have the 10 emblems to combine to make it
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see what I need to buy, but I don’t have the 10 emblems to combine to make it

Ok I misread your question. They drop from the Pelinal's Boon Boxes.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must have opened over 100 boon boxes yesterday and no emblem. I’m pretty sure it’s an old currency that’s been pulled and the only way to get the emote now is from the past events satchel
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have opened over 100 boon boxes yesterday and no emblem. I’m pretty sure it’s an old currency that’s been pulled and the only way to get the emote now is from the past events satchel

According to the official event announcement, they aren't in the Boon Box loot pool. Only the whole emote from the grab bags.

I will say I'm impressed with the increased amount of tel var that's dropping from the boxes this year. But SO tired of the worthless and useless book furnishings they use as filler.