The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No DK nerfs?

• Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    They effectively deleted the Elder Dragon passive from PvP. DK no longer has a melee reach advantage and gained nothing in return for losing that advantage. It's much more significant than it first looks, especially when it comes to the faster paced competitive action. Meanwhile, NBs spamming 7m range Veiled Strike on you is gonna be FUN...

They just returned everyone to an original stance with those 7m. No need to fool anyone here

Not entirely. What they're returning to original state is the range of meele weapon attacks but they are also increasing the range of every meele ability, even if it always had 5 meters up to 7 meters.

So in terms of abilities like mentioned Veiled Strike it will be the first time when it will have a 7 meters range.
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to take the time to say I made a dk on Friday the 5th of May, and this is where I am today

This class is insane, and can whoop any other class at less than 2/3rds the effort with less than a 3rd of the downtime. How did this class get like this? It's like the president of Microsoft's son plays it or something.

jw48khqy155m.png

Fact that You've barely made a class and got nice results with it doesn't mean class is good it just means You are experienced PvP player who joined BGs on new character so he slaughtered everyone due to a low MMR. If You've made this character 5th of may and 3 days later You've posted screenshot with good KD it means You were just killing noobs.

Here look what I did when my nightblade and warden were still fresh

nc1kwtcizbft.png
    50ktgqkn5q0z.png

This aren't even the best results I got on them. Both were able to score around 60/0. So does it mean that warden and nightblade are far superior to a DK because I got crazy BG score with them?
    Options
  • notsojuicy
    Fact that You've barely made a class and got nice results with it doesn't mean class is good it just means You are experienced PvP player who joined BGs on new character so he slaughtered everyone due to a low MMR. If You've made this character 5th of may and 3 days later You've posted screenshot with good KD it means You were just killing noobs.

You certainly got a point there, it's not representative how good a class is based on below level 50 BGs where you encounter "new players" which on one hand don't have the experience and on the other don't have any gear...

You level an Alt-Char, you craft some sets for it and go into BG, you are even destroying on Necro...
    So is the class good in pvp now? its just not representative imho

On the other hand I started to play a bit on pc-na the last couple of days (as i'm mainly on pc-eu...)
    i dont have anything over there and was leveling a DK tank...
    Means i just strapped on gear i got from dungeons and mainquest (lucky if i get one 2 piece bonus there).

However in BG's i'm doing really fine, even vs. players which obviously run there crafted sets....
    DK is a really strong brawler in pvp for sure, but nerf? nah.... just buff the counters to DK we had some patches ago...

Options
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    I just want to take the time to say I made a dk on Friday the 5th of May, and this is where I am today

This class is insane, and can whoop any other class at less than 2/3rds the effort with less than a 3rd of the downtime. How did this class get like this? It's like the president of Microsoft's son plays it or something.

jw48khqy155m.png

Here look what I did when my nightblade and warden were still fresh

nc1kwtcizbft.png
    50ktgqkn5q0z.png

This aren't even the best results I got on them. Both were able to score around 60/0. So does it mean that warden and nightblade are far superior to a DK because I got crazy BG score with them?

If this game were balanced around bgs there wouldnt be a tank role anymore in the game.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time we point out how op DKs are they just get buffed further.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf DK's Heal, sustain, give leap animation time and rise ultimate cost, nerf block ( to everyone )
    i said all
    Edited by birdik on 20 May 2023 10:19
    Options
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Every time we point out how op DKs are they just get buffed further.

Should we ask to buff DK then?Ok

Dear @ZOS can you please buff DK and give them true dragon form and power of the anicent dragons, becouse right now DK so weak and useless class, especially in pvp.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the biggest threads right now, I can't imagine it's gone un noticed by the devs..so the question is, why is dk being left to completely over perform in all scenarios compared.to every other class?
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will add my support and 2 cents here. Dk is waaay OP for pvp, as we all know. They specifically need a pronounced weakness. Just pick a weakness devs and roll that out on them. It was stated that sustain was supposed to be their weakness, so nerf that ult passive battle roar or whatever it's called. Make that primarily a heal. Heck maybe even remove the Magicka and stamina sustain from it altogether.

When it comes down to it, DK never runs out of resources and that's saying a lot since I noticed they tend to block the most.... They likely have the BEST sustain nowadays thanks to people being smart with ult Regen....
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Necromancers being used as a "bomb" class was outside of the intended scope of play and created a unhealthy play environment.
    While Necromancers are dead as bombers now,
    the "Carve DK" now is bombing groups in PvP left and right.
    This also is "outside of the intended scope of play and creates a unhealthy play environment".

DK bombing is worse than any NB and Necro bombing ever was. There almost is no counterplay.
    DKs Ulti "Corrosive Armor" was designed when DK did not have much DPS, but
    now with High DPS and ProcSets (Plaguebreak, DC), DKs are BOMBERS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

Edited by BalticBlues on 15 May 2023 05:02
    Options
  • Lucifer9th
    Lucifer9th
    ✭✭
    More than half cyrodill is filled with DK bomber, just because of 1 unfair ultimate, the corrosive armor
    futhermore, sustain is dk weakness but they have strong passives about sustain and cheap cost on some skills
    Options
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came in here and read the last few pages. You can really tell something is something this game when it's on live and pretty much all the posts agree.

At this point it's just laughable how overtuned the DK is right now and then they go and add another buff *scratches head*.

I can't even with you right now ZOS, I just can't even :D
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just came in here and read the last few pages. You can really tell something is something this game when it's on live and pretty much all the posts agree.

At this point it's just laughable how overtuned the DK is right now and then they go and add another buff *scratches head*.

I can't even with you right now ZOS, I just can't even :D

Mine has barely enough skill points to function, and I still overperform in Whitestrakes.

Plain jane, masters 2H, plaguebreak, dark convergence, oakensoul and spamming brawler and corrosive.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah; its kind of funny when you look at combat metrics or something and you see absorbs everywhere from brawler spam
    Options
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    i read on here someone saying to spilt the offensive and defensive parts of corrosive between the 2 morphs of it, and that sounds fantastic

and i also completely agree with nerfing the mag and stam return from battle roar, if the class had less sustain it would be forced to cut back on damage/healing potential significantly to continue to try to play how it does now or people would have to play the class a lot more efficiently
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakz wrote: »
    i read on here someone saying to spilt the offensive and defensive parts of corrosive between the 2 morphs of it, and that sounds fantastic

and i also completely agree with nerfing the mag and stam return from battle roar, if the class had less sustain it would be forced to cut back on damage/healing potential significantly to continue to try to play how it does now or people would have to play the class a lot more efficiently

And ZOS release patch notes like this:
    We spilts the offensive and defensive parts of corrosive between the 2 morphs, and we're slightly reduce ultimate cost so this doesn't create a situation of an overall nerf, now the cost is 50 ultimate.
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corrosive is busted. And doesn't make much sense.... Corrosion happens over time. The DoT should apply brief but stacking armor shred, and maybe have a bit of a range increase. This would be much more counter play friendly and balanced
    Options
  • Ecgberht_confused
    Ecgberht_confused
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Plain jane, masters 2H, plaguebreak, dark convergence, oakensoul and spamming brawler and corrosive.

That's 13 items on a 1 bar setup? Something is wrong with this. Unless you only use 4pc plaguebreak or DC? In which case what's the point?
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's 13 items on a 1 bar setup? Something is wrong with this. Unless you only use 4pc plaguebreak or DC? In which case what's the point?

Just ignore me. I can't count today
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on 15 May 2023 16:43
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 13 slots

1 bar Is 12
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I count 12 items? Unless I'm missing a monster set called 'Plain Jane'.
    Edited by The Uninvited on 15 May 2023 16:54
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Ecgberht_confused
    Ecgberht_confused
    ✭✭✭

Master 2h: 2 items
    Plaguebreak: 5 items
    Dark Conv: 5 items
    Oakensoul: 1 item

2+5+5+1=13
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2+5+5+1=13

What lol, no
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 2 for weapon, 7 on body and 3 jewllery slots..= 12
    Options
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭

2+5+5+1=13

Maybe DK is so strong from the fact that they can use not 12, but 13 items, and they shove 13th item into their a ... ?
    Options
  • Ecgberht_confused
    Ecgberht_confused
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying! You get 12 slots, but the setup that was quoted require 13 on 1 bar, which is impossible. Then The Uninvited says he only counts 12 items in that setup not 13, so I spell them out to show it requires 13, which is impossible. You then mistake that post for me claiming that 1 bar has 13 slots not 12
    Options
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I think DK is fine the way it is. But that whole "buff other classes like the Dragonknight" isn't something they're going to do. Their reason for being apprehensive about buffing Backlash on the Templar was either worded wrong, or they had clear intentions to not do anything about it. And I think that's the frustrating part about this team behind the Elder Scrolls Online.

THEIR INTENTIONS ARENT CLEAR! Despite giving us developer notes when it comes to major class changes.

Seriously, the developer notes for buffing the Templar's backlash sounds like the class isn't suppose to have any type of accessible burst damage at all. So all those valid complaints from other players frustrated by their class(Necro, Sorc, whatever) performance is very warranted at this point.

Part of it isn't just class balance, but just the types of sets they introduce. So between that and the class designs itself; I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

I'm still in shock at the developer notes for buffing Backlash. It clearly says, "the reason why Backlash isn't performing with Battle Spirit because we like it that way but since you complained enough here you go. But if this thing starts hitting hard we might have to take it away from you because you're not suppose to be doing that anyway with this ability". lol

Edited by JWillCHS on 15 May 2023 19:55
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the biggest threads right now, I can't imagine it's gone un noticed by the devs..so the question is, why is dk being left to completely over perform in all scenarios compared.to every other class?

I agree with @Syiccal — this is the critical question.

With DK CLEARLY out of balance with other classes for nearly 2 years, what’s the explanation?

No one enjoys going into a battleground that is 60%+ DKs, where the team with the most of them wins.

Has DK’s overpowered status been adressed by a dev team member somewhere? Is it even acknowledged? I am genuinely curious.

Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2+5+5+1=13

You're both right and both "wrong". The mistake I made was not taking into account that either Master 2h or Oakensoul are seperate set pieces.

In the case mentioned it is indeed not possible, let's break it down:

7 body pieces + 3 jewelry + 2h weapon would make up for 12 items divided over 11 slots. However, Plaguebreak and Dark Convergence would use up all 10 body/jewelry slots and the Master 2h would take up the weapon slot.

So where does this leave the Oakensoul ring?

So yeah, it's indeed not possible.
    Edited by The Uninvited on 18 May 2023 08:06
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK should struggle with sustain but right now they won't. They have easiest sustain management i ever played.
    Just try playing stamina templar or DK you will struggle like hell on templar at start if you never played this class.
    On dk you just ult and ta - dah you have whole bars and extra kill.
    Edited by mmtaniac on 18 May 2023 08:57
    Options