The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 38 Warden

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's too bad to lose one of the better instant AoE stuns in the game, I'm looking forward to maybe trying out combos with the two-second delay. Lets you cluster more damage into the stun. Like:

1. Deep Fissure
    2. Arctic Blast
    3. Wrecking Blow
    *Arctic Blast stuns before next WB unless they block*
    *Deep Fissure goes off too*
    4. Wrecking Blow / ult

Could be deadly until people figure out the block timing. Which some won't! Not sure what the combo would be for Frost Staff wardens.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While it's too bad to lose one of the better instant AoE stuns in the game, I'm looking forward to maybe trying out combos with the two-second delay. Lets you cluster more damage into the stun. Like:

1. Deep Fissure
    2. Arctic Blast
    3. Wrecking Blow
    *Arctic Blast stuns before next WB unless they block*
    *Deep Fissure goes off too*
    4. Wrecking Blow / ult

Could be deadly until people figure out the block timing. Which some won't! Not sure what the combo would be for Frost Staff wardens.

The thing that sucks about it is that arctic is really difficult to land due to the weird way in which aoe dots work. If youre chasing someone, it doesn't hit in front of you as well which is just dumb. A delayed stun would be way better on growing swarm imo.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

can't use dizzy swing on a frostden now can we? XD

But you have no problem suggesting that they take away the frost-themed heal from the frostden.

It's bad enough they're screwing up the stun, your suggestion will ruin frostdens even further.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ESO_Nightingale
      ESO_Nightingale
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

can't use dizzy swing on a frostden now can we? XD

But you have no problem suggesting that they take away the frost-themed heal from the frostden.

It's bad enough they're screwing up the stun, your suggestion will ruin frostdens even further.

You would still have polar wind as your frost themed heal provided you wanted that. We have an entire healing line that we don't use most of the abilities from.
      PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You would still have polar wind as your frost themed heal provided you wanted that. We have an entire healing line that we don't use most of the abilities from.

Gah, sorry. I completely forgot about the other morph; I haven't used it in so long.
      I should know better than to jump into a thread in the middle of the night. Just ignore me. Sorry.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Gah, sorry. I completely forgot about the other morph; I haven't used it in so long.
        I should know better than to jump into a thread in the middle of the night. Just ignore me. Sorry.

I've done it before too. You're all good.
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        merpins wrote: »
        PVE warden DPS here. Bleed build still works, not top DPS, but still good. Otherwise the class is pretty dead for PVE. Along with Templar and stam sorc.

i'm glad your build still works, but it's frustrating trying to get the right balance changes for the class as a whole. there's a big shift that's required to get everyone to be on par.
      • SEINTDARKNES
        SEINTDARKNES
        ✭✭✭
        PVE warden DPS here. Bleed build still works, not top DPS, but still good. Otherwise the class is pretty dead for PVE. Along with Templar and stam sorc.

i'm glad your build still works, but it's frustrating trying to get the right balance changes for the class as a whole. there's a big shift that's required to get everyone to be on par.

I agree with this but almost every patch we get nerfed and sometimes warden don't get even notice and the balance changes feels like a pendulum, because of that warden got hit hard in the past.

For example they nerf the little to non existing dd skills(shalks, winters, warden passives) make really difficult to do consistent damage for pve or pvp, i just hope we can get better changes to the entire class and drop the changes that only benefit to stam or mag.

In pve wardens are lacking damage even normal meta warden builds are behind than the other classes, bleed builds and frost builds still are a joke because we don't have enough bleed skill damage or frost skills, not even counting really good sets to pair these builds.

In pvp wardens have some burst damage and yeah you can finish a couple new ppl but try to fight good players and almost all the time the flights finish when someone gets bored because almost all the classes have extremely high healing or you end dying because other classes have more pressure dmg, in the past the warden class had damage but rn warden dmg isn't really impressive.

The change to blast just will make trying to burst ppl more harden than ever, rn ppl run really fast so is very easy to dodge the stun ;/
        Edited by SEINTDARKNES on 30 April 2023 07:16
      • TheTuSiK
        TheTuSiK
        ✭✭✭
        I must say, I was among the people who asked for "ice warden", but I expected something else. With a boost to ice and mag dmg they used to have, a few chages to class passives and skills rework to deal ice damage (imagine Polar Bear ulti) it could've been great. And when patch notes came out people were actually fine with what we have rn. I was shocked. Warden getting 126k parses instead of 120k and suddenly it's fine. But what became of the class? A meme. In case of mag dd you use ice destro and a skill that has a 20s dot to it as the spammable while the class spammable (dive) is:
        One, in case of mag morph useless
        Two, stam morph became a 10s dot
        Even on stam setup it's better to use Wrecking Blow or any other weapon spammable, or even the shard from FG. Let's not forget about "meta" setup with Cutting Dive as a dot, Ice Reach as spammable and Wrecking Blow on backbar as a Major Berserk buff proc.
        I doubt they'll do anything complex to Warden since they recently "reworked" the class but I hope someday it'll be more than a brittle duty class with not enough power to compete with classes like DK or Necro.
        That was obviously pve dd pov.
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        TheTuSiK wrote: »
        I must say, I was among the people who asked for "ice warden", but I expected something else. With a boost to ice and mag dmg they used to have, a few chages to class passives and skills rework to deal ice damage (imagine Polar Bear ulti) it could've been great. And when patch notes came out people were actually fine with what we have rn. I was shocked. Warden getting 126k parses instead of 120k and suddenly it's fine. But what became of the class? A meme. In case of mag dd you use ice destro and a skill that has a 20s dot to it as the spammable while the class spammable (dive) is:
        Even on stam setup it's better to use Wrecking Blow or any other weapon spammable, or even the shard from FG. Let's not forget about "meta" setup with Cutting Dive as a dot, Ice Reach as spammable and Wrecking Blow on backbar as a Major Berserk buff proc.
        I doubt they'll do anything complex to Warden since they recently "reworked" the class but I hope someday it'll be more than a brittle duty class with not enough power to compete with classes like DK or Necro.

the passive power in chilled and the rework of arctic blast was fantastic in addition to ice staff finally being not a joke was probably what made people think it was fine, but as we can still see, shalks is a major issue right now. i have no faith that dive will ever be a good spammable anyway so i'm personally okay with cutting dive being a dot skill, an ice projectile looks way better than a random bird on a frost mage build.
      • TheTuSiK
        TheTuSiK
        ✭✭✭

the passive power in chilled and the rework of arctic blast was fantastic in addition to ice staff finally being not a joke was probably what made people think it was fine, but as we can still see, shalks is a major issue right now. i have no faith that dive will ever be a good spammable anyway so i'm personally okay with cutting dive being a dot skill, an ice projectile looks way better than a random bird on a frost mage build.

Chilled boost is nice but shouldn't be the main source of the damage (imo), Ice Staff has defensive passives compared to Inferno or Lightning staff, so it's a joke that a weapon like this gives 10% dmg boost. It's like making a 10% boost to dmg through Sword and Shield on DKs but nerfing them to do max 120k on a dummy without it. People would be furious but when it happened to Warden over time it's fine? It's not just shalks, the class lost it's identity.
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

Chilled boost is nice but shouldn't be the main source of the damage (imo), Ice Staff has defensive passives compared to Inferno or Lightning staff, so it's a joke that a weapon like this gives 10% dmg boost. It's like making a 10% boost to dmg through Sword and Shield on DKs but nerfing them to do max 120k on a dummy without it. People would be furious but when it happened to Warden over time it's fine? It's not just shalks, the class lost it's identity.

I think your incentive for using a frost staff should be more frost damage and high chilled proc as we see now. I think we both agree that +10% all damage is too much which is why i think that the frost staff buff should only be frost damage and easier access to chilled uptime.
        Edited by ESO_Nightingale on 2 May 2023 21:04
      • TheTuSiK
        TheTuSiK
        ✭✭✭

I think your incentive for using a frost staff should be more frost damage and high chilled proc as we see now. I think we both agree that +10% all damage is too much which is why i think that the frost staff buff should only be frost damage and easier access to chilled uptime.

Ok, but that kind of boost could be just from Destro Staff passives like Tri Focus or Ancient Knowledge. Right now, when you look at those passives you'll see Inferno Staff being ST weapon, Lightning Staff AoE and Ice Staff tanking (I simplified it a bit but you should get my point). Look at DKs, they have a passive that boosts Poison and Fire damage, two great kinds of damage type that also apply two best damaging status effects + DK gets benefits from those effects in form of sustain. I don't see why Warden can't get similar passive but increasing Frost and Bleed/Disease damage and then make magicka cost morphs deal Frost damage and Stamina morphs - Bleed/Disease. That way playing any kind of weapon won't break the immersion of "ice mage". DK don't have to use inferno staff to feel like fire themed class. Same goes for Sorc and lightning. What's good from ice staff boosting damage when inferno is way better in pve due to all sort of debuffs and sets (Engulfing, Encratis, Burning) and passives are way better damage wise too.
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

Ok, but that kind of boost could be just from Destro Staff passives like Tri Focus or Ancient Knowledge. Right now, when you look at those passives you'll see Inferno Staff being ST weapon, Lightning Staff AoE and Ice Staff tanking (I simplified it a bit but you should get my point). Look at DKs, they have a passive that boosts Poison and Fire damage, two great kinds of damage type that also apply two best damaging status effects + DK gets benefits from those effects in form of sustain. I don't see why Warden can't get similar passive but increasing Frost and Bleed/Disease damage and then make magicka cost morphs deal Frost damage and Stamina morphs - Bleed/Disease. That way playing any kind of weapon won't break the immersion of "ice mage". DK don't have to use inferno staff to feel like fire themed class. Same goes for Sorc and lightning. What's good from ice staff boosting damage when inferno is way better in pve due to all sort of debuffs and sets (Engulfing, Encratis, Burning) and passives are way better damage wise too.

stamden has nothing to do with disease damage, they're the bleed class.
      • SEINTDARKNES
        SEINTDARKNES
        ✭✭✭

Well more like "bleed class" cause we only have 2 bleed skills and 1 ulti same for the "masters of ice" xD
        And yeah disease have nothing to do with warden
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

Well more like "bleed class" cause we only have 2 bleed skills and 1 ulti same for the "masters of ice" xD
        And yeah disease have nothing to do with warden

3* since bear counts too
      • Darkstorne
        Darkstorne
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        100% this. Tying class passives and skill damage modifiers to specific weapons is objectively terrible game design for ESO, when it prides itself on deep playstyle customization and allowing all weapons to be viable for all classes.

A passive for Wardens that increases all frost damage done, rather than X% damage bonus when using a frost staff, still hugely benefits frost staff wielders since that also boosts frost staff skill damage like wall of elements. Non-frost staff users don't miss out on anything, so now Winter's Revenge can be viable with all weapons.
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Darkstorne wrote: »
        100% this. Tying class passives and skill damage modifiers to specific weapons is objectively terrible game design for ESO, when it prides itself on deep playstyle customization and allowing all weapons to be viable for all classes.

A passive for Wardens that increases all frost damage done, rather than X% damage bonus when using a frost staff, still hugely benefits frost staff wielders since that also boosts frost staff skill damage like wall of elements. Non-frost staff users don't miss out on anything, so now Winter's Revenge can be viable with all weapons.

I'm still frustrated that they didn't listen to us when they changed winter's revenge to that. We don't just complain for the sake of it, there are logical reasons for it.
      • TheTuSiK
        TheTuSiK
        ✭✭✭
        Sorry, I thought Sub Assault deals Disease Damage but it's Poison. But sure, I'd love stamden to be bleed damage based. But I doubt we'll see any big changes anytime soon.
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Sorry, I thought Sub Assault deals Disease Damage but it's Poison. But sure, I'd love stamden to be bleed damage based. But I doubt we'll see any big changes anytime soon.

Stamden is bleed damaged based already but it could be moreso with an animal companions passive update to include something to do with hemorrhaging.
      • LittlePinkDot
        LittlePinkDot
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this but almost every patch we get nerfed and sometimes warden don't get even notice and the balance changes feels like a pendulum, because of that warden got hit hard in the past.

For example they nerf the little to non existing dd skills(shalks, winters, warden passives) make really difficult to do consistent damage for pve or pvp, i just hope we can get better changes to the entire class and drop the changes that only benefit to stam or mag.

In pve wardens are lacking damage even normal meta warden builds are behind than the other classes, bleed builds and frost builds still are a joke because we don't have enough bleed skill damage or frost skills, not even counting really good sets to pair these builds.

In pvp wardens have some burst damage and yeah you can finish a couple new ppl but try to fight good players and almost all the time the flights finish when someone gets bored because almost all the classes have extremely high healing or you end dying because other classes have more pressure dmg, in the past the warden class had damage but rn warden dmg isn't really impressive.

The change to blast just will make trying to burst ppl more harden than ever, rn ppl run really fast so is very easy to dodge the stun ;/

Knowing that Arctic blast stun will have a 2 second delay, I decided to try polar wind, and put it on the back bar as a heal only.
        Replacing Leaching vines.
        I'm impressed with polar wind... So impressed that I wonder if I even still need Vigor slotted?
        It also heals my companion Ember.

I'm not really into hard mode dungeons, but my new Wardens damage doesn't seem bad to me. But what I'm loving about warden is that she seems to be able to heal, tank and do some damage all at the same time.
        With 4 piece heavy armour and Sword and board back bar with polar wind she seems almost unkillable.
        And Warden makes an amazing hybrid.
        Dizzying swing's off balance procs the screaming cliff racer damage buff.
        Screaming cliff racers off balance makes Dizzying swing stun. It's a match made in heaven.
        Then add Deep fissure for major and minor breach. Fetcher infection for a Dot.

I've been having too much fun soloing world bosses with this Warden.

Shes technically supposed to be PvP.
        But I haven't tried her in PvP since I switched to polar wind and added Screaming cliff racer. I'll have to give it a try.

And isn't it fabulous that warden has major brutality/sorcery and major savagery/prophecy AND minor berserk all on useful class skills.
        My Nightblades are envious.
        Feels like Warden has it all.
        Such a fun class.

Edited by LittlePinkDot on 10 May 2023 03:28
      • SEINTDARKNES
        SEINTDARKNES
        ✭✭✭

Knowing that Arctic blast stun will have a 2 second delay, I decided to try polar wind, and put it on the back bar as a heal only.
        I'm impressed with polar wind... So impressed that I wonder if I even still need Vigor slotted?

I'm not really into hard mode dungeons, but my new Wardens damage doesn't seem bad to me. But what I'm loving about warden is that she seems to be able to heal, tank and do some damage all at the same time.
        With 4 piece heavy armour and Sword and board back bar with polar wind she seems almost unkillable.
        Screaming cliff racers off balance makes Dizzying swing stun. It's a match made in heaven.

But I haven't tried her in PvP since I switched to polar wind and added Screaming cliff racer. I'll have to give it a try.

And isn't it fabulous that warden has major brutality/sorcery and major savagery/prophecy AND minor berserk all on useful class skills.
        Such a fun class.

Well i do hm in pve very often and the damage of the Warden class isn't that bad, but the thing is bleed/frost builds don't hit as hard as the meta options and even the meta builds don't hit as hard as other classes.

Polar wind is very good but i don't think i need something more than vigor realistically in pve, vet dungeons have healers and overland content don't even hit that hard, yes you can heal your companion but i think every class have a one big burst heal, the other thing you said is you use polar wind with 4 heavy armor meaning you are using polar the right way because polar is the tank morph.

Idk why you use birds to proc off balance and then stun with dizzyng, you could do the same with dizzyng and a heavy attack or just use birds and a heavy attack and use wrecking blow to get major berseker.

You are envious of the warden because they have these buffs when a nb have access to these with ease? Hmm let me see

Off balance + Sundered + crit every 4s - surprised attack
        Major savagery/prophecy + minor berseker + nb reveal - cammo hunter (wardens don't even use lotus because is a really bad heal so yeah we have the buff but nobody is getting that buff with lotus)
        Major brutality/sorcery - power extraction, venom arrow, hidden blade, momentum, degeneration, potions?

Meanwhile nb have
        Shadowy disguise - gives 1 crit skill/300 weapon/spell dmg with vamp passives, top 3 kite skill
        Shadow image - top 3 kite skill + minor maim
        Refreshing path - major expedition, minor endurance, minor Intellect plus healing
        Class finisher and a strong one and on demand
        Phantasmal escape - major evasion, cc immunity and 0 cost to rolls when the skill is at max stacks
        Power extraction - major brut/sorc + minor courage + minor cowardice
        Good ultimates (example soul Harvest - major defile +20% of all damage you can do in 8s if i don't miss remember the recent buff also cheap)
        And more.

I'm glad you are enjoying the warden class but i feel i could be more envious of nbs than nbs of wardens but I'm not, I'm just trying to help my class because with problems or not i love my class i have played warden since day 1 it drops.

The thing with the nbs is that almost every nb i know play the same way super squishy big dmg big crits but they are other ways to play, i have a one toon of each class, my nb is a brawler(pvp) and I don't even use shadowy disguise or shadow image, i use gourmand, marking and orders.

The warden class can be a very friendly class in non hard content but when you enter to play hard content or play again good players the warden have problems.

Warden doesn't have all, we have a lot of buffs in skills that don't even work in proper content or they are bad for example:
        Enchanted growth: both morphs are bad but this morph in particular have 2 buffs minor endurance,intellect but why we use this skill if doesn't heal that much and is really expensive?, the only roll that wardens are strong is support but that doesn't mean all the other rolls are the same.

I hope you continue enjoying the class and sorry if my reply sounds like an attack directly to you but isn't, the thing is english is not my first language.
        Edited by SEINTDARKNES on 10 May 2023 16:16
      • LittlePinkDot
        LittlePinkDot
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Well i do hm in pve very often and the damage of the Warden class isn't that bad, but the thing is bleed/frost builds don't hit as hard as the meta options and even the meta builds don't hit as hard as other classes.

Polar wind is very good but i don't think i need something more than vigor realistically in pve, vet dungeons have healers and overland content don't even hit that hard, yes you can heal your companion but i think every class have a one big burst heal, the other thing you said is you use polar wind with 4 heavy armor meaning you are using polar the right way because polar is the tank morph.

Idk why you use birds to proc off balance and then stun with dizzyng, you could do the same with dizzyng and a heavy attack or just use birds and a heavy attack and use wrecking blow to get major berseker.

You are envious of the warden because they have these buffs when a nb have access to these with ease? Hmm let me see

Major savagery/prophecy + minor berseker + nb reveal - cammo hunter (wardens don't even use lotus because is a really bad heal so yeah we have the buff but nobody is getting that buff with lotus)
        Major brutality/sorcery - power extraction, venom arrow, hidden blade, momentum, degeneration, potions?

Meanwhile nb have
        Shadowy disguise - gives 1 crit skill/300 weapon/spell dmg with vamp passives, top 3 kite skill
        Refreshing path - major expedition, minor endurance, minor Intellect plus healing
        Phantasmal escape - major evasion, cc immunity and 0 cost to rolls when the skill is at max stacks
        Good ultimates (example soul Harvest - major defile +20% of all damage you can do in 8s if i don't miss remember the recent buff also cheap)
        And more.

I'm glad you are enjoying the warden class but i feel i could be more envious of nbs than nbs of wardens but I'm not, I'm just trying to help my class because with problems or not i love my class i have played warden since day 1 it drops.

The thing with the nbs is that almost every nb i know play the same way super squishy big dmg big crits but they are other ways to play, i have a one toon of each class, my nb is a brawler(pvp) and I don't even use shadowy disguise or shadow image, i use gourmand, marking and orders.

The warden class can be a very friendly class in non hard content but when you enter to play hard content or play again good players the warden have problems.

Warden doesn't have all, we have a lot of buffs in skills that don't even work in proper content or they are bad for example:
        Enchanted growth: both morphs are bad but this morph in particular have 2 buffs minor endurance,intellect but why we use this skill if doesn't heal that much and is really expensive?, the only roll that wardens are strong is support but that doesn't mean all the other rolls are the same.

I hope you continue enjoying the class and sorry if my reply sounds like an attack directly to you but isn't, the thing is english is not my first language.

"very friendly class in non hard content."

Maybe that's it. She's casually fun. But she's not bleed or frost. There's no reason why I have to use a bleed or frost damage. I seem to be using alot of "magic damage" and physical damage from dizzying swing. Velidreth for disease damage, because hey why not.

As a solo player I wouldn't touch a trial without a group finder or a hard mode dungeon with a 10 foot pole in the first place.
        Coordinating with anybody else is just a nuisance, it's not fun. I don't owe anybody anything.

Edited by LittlePinkDot on 11 May 2023 04:10
      • SEINTDARKNES
        SEINTDARKNES
        ✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Meanwhile nb have
        And more.

Maybe that's it. She's casually fun. But she's not bleed or frost. There's no reason why I have to use a bleed or frost damage. I seem to be using alot of "magic damage" and physical damage from dizzying swing. Velidreth for disease damage, because hey why not.

As a solo player I wouldn't touch a trial without a group finder or a hard mode dungeon with a 10 foot pole in the first place.
        Coordinating with anybody else is just a nuisance, it's not fun. I don't owe anybody anything.

Sure you don't need to use bleed or frost but devs have stated that stamden is focused in bleed and magden is more frost, i don't remember saying you need to use these skills but if you use skills from other skill lines that aren't from the warden class that's not unique, all the classes can use the same skills from weapon skill lines, guild skill lines and so on.

Also that doesn't mean that because you can play solo the class don't have problems or every skill is used by the majority of the ppl. Realistically playing solo is the easiest content in the game.
      • LittlePinkDot
        LittlePinkDot
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Meanwhile nb have
        And more.

Sure you don't need to use bleed or frost but devs have stated that stamden is focused in bleed and magden is more frost, i don't remember saying you need to use these skills but if you use skills from other skill lines that aren't from the warden class that's not unique, all the classes can use the same skills from weapon skill lines, guild skill lines and so on.

Also that doesn't mean that because you can play solo the class don't have problems or every skill is used by the majority of the ppl. Realistically playing solo is the easiest content in the game.

Other than dizzying swing, all her class skills I use say "magic damage."
        Screaming cliff racer and deep fissure and Fetcher infection are generic "magic damage."

And I do use lotus for major savagery because I can use it on the back bar. It's part of the reason I can have so many attacks on the front bar.
        Camo hunter I would have to use on the front bar. And don't you get sick of having to use the same skills on almost every character for the same buffs? I also don't need momentum on the front bar (because Sword and shield is back bar) for major brutality like I do on my stamblade...I have blue betty instead.

I'm liking hybrid the most so far. I have 2 resources to attack with instead of only 1.
        I see know reason to ever specialize into only stam or mag again. I've never had sustain problems since switching to hybrid.
        I've actually been able to solo some dungeons with my warden.
        I can't do that with either my old stamblade or mageblade. They're too squishy by comparison. And they can't sustain in long fights.
        All my Warden has to do to stay alive is hold block and use polar wind. She feels fantastic! in that regard.
        Edited by LittlePinkDot on 11 May 2023 12:31
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Meanwhile nb have
        And more.

Screaming cliff racer and deep fissure and Fetcher infection are generic "magic damage."

And I do use lotus for major savagery because I can use it on the back bar. It's part of the reason I can have so many attacks on the front bar.
        Camo hunter I would have to use on the front bar. And don't you get sick of having to use the same skills on almost every character for the same buffs? I also don't need momentum on the front bar (because Sword and shield is back bar) for major brutality like I do on my stamblade...I have blue betty instead.

I'm liking hybrid the most so far. I have 2 resources to attack with instead of only 1.
        I see know reason to ever specialize into only stam or mag again. I've never had sustain problems since switching to hybrid.
        I can't do that with either my old stamblade or mageblade. They're too squishy by comparison. And they can't sustain in long fights.
        All my Warden has to do to stay alive is hold block and use polar wind. She feels fantastic! in that regard.

Every class can solo these types of dungeons, it's probably how you've built your characters.
      • LittlePinkDot
        LittlePinkDot
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Meanwhile nb have
        And more.

Every class can solo these types of dungeons, it's probably how you've built your characters.

You're probably right. I don't have a real PVE DPS character. They're pretty much all PvP characters I just switch a few skills around for PVE. I don't remove my Impen or change my CP. But my Warden still does the best even though she's PvP. She's a more well rounded character.

I usually use an Alcast build or others as a template for a new character then just switch sets or a few skills to my liking.

https://dottzgaming.com/build/natures-wrath-stamina-warden-pvp-build/

This was the build I based my Warden from.
        Except I use 2/h with dizzying swing instead of rending slashes with dual masters weapons. Because I can't do trials as a solo player. There's certain things I'm just never going to have unless they put it in the golden vendor.

Recently I switched to polar wind in the build and put it on the backbar. Then I had space for screaming cliff racer on the front.

I just took her into battlegrounds and I was really successful. She's really good at crazy king in particular. She can heal my pug teammates really well and tank good.
        It's hard to get us off a point.

Screaming cliff racer is really convenient for picking off low health people.

I had heard some people say that it's hard to hit people with cliff racer, but that hasn't been my experience at all.
        I'm also on Console, so there's nobody cheating with add ons that tell you when something has been fired at you. So that might have something to do with it.

Cyrodiil is harder.

But I'm having alot of fun with the Mayhem PvP event.
        Edited by LittlePinkDot on 13 May 2023 17:23
      • ESO_Nightingale
        ESO_Nightingale
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Meanwhile nb have
        And more.

You're probably right. I don't have a real PVE DPS character. They're pretty much all PvP characters I just switch a few skills around for PVE. I don't remove my Impen or change my CP. But my Warden still does the best even though she's PvP. She's a more well rounded character.

I usually use an Alcast build or others as a template for a new character then just switch sets or a few skills to my liking.

Except I use 2/h with dizzying swing instead of rending slashes with dual masters weapons. Because I can't do trials as a solo player. There's certain things I'm just never going to have unless they put it in the golden vendor.

Recently I switched to polar wind in the build and put it on the backbar. Then I had space for screaming cliff racer on the front.

I just took her into battlegrounds and I was really successful. She's really good at crazy king in particular. She can heal my pug teammates really well and tank good.

Screaming cliff racer is really convenient for picking off low health people who are running away from me.

I had heard some people say that it's hard to hit people with cliff racer, but that hasn't been my experience at all.
        I'm also on Console, so there's nobody cheating with add ons that tell you when something has been fired at you. So that might have something to do with it.

if you're using a 2 handed weapon in pvp and you're finding that people are running away from you, you should use be able to use critical rush in order to gapclose to them rather than relying on a slow ranged projectile like screaming cliff racer, this also helps you to engage onto enemies faster.
        also, addons are not cheating and are supported by zenimax, generally people roll dodge when disengaging in order to prevent being hit by projectiles, it's common sense, i've never seen anyone ever use an addon that can tell you to dodge right as you're right about to be hit by an attack either.
      • LittlePinkDot
        LittlePinkDot
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a fun class.

Meanwhile nb have
        And more.

Screaming cliff racer is really convenient for picking off low health people who are running away from me.

if you're using a 2 handed weapon in pvp and you're finding that people are running away from you, you should use be able to use critical rush in order to gapclose to them rather than relying on a slow ranged projectile like screaming cliff racer, this also helps you to engage onto enemies faster.
        also, addons are not cheating and are supported by zenimax, generally people roll dodge when disengaging in order to prevent being hit by projectiles, it's common sense, i've never seen anyone ever use an addon that can tell you to dodge right as you're right about to be hit by an attack either.

There used to be an add on that would tell you if somebody fired an Assassins Will at you.

I can try crit rush to see if I like it better.
        See if I can sustain it.
        Blocking and breaking free uses alot of stamina as it is.
        I seem to have the hardest time fighting DK more than any other class, particularly in Cyrodiil.
      • SandandStars
        SandandStars
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        PvP Magden main for almost 2 years. Mostly play battlegrounds due to bad lag in Cyro.

Agree with many that the nerf to deep fissure damage + 9 sec delay crippled Magden’s offensive viability.

Magden has no execute and no class spammable (cliff racer is unusable in pvp). So you’re left leaning on Master’s Ice Staff (frost reach) and deep fissure for your primary dmg, and as you’ve all noted, Magden struggles with sustain.

I run 2k magicka recovery and find myself spamming heavy attacks for mag regen about 50% or more of the time.

I must really love the class, because throwing heavy attack ice balls that do no damage isn’t much fun.

So many Wardens I see in pvp are relying on 2h skills for damage (dizzy/executioner/etc) or have joined the Masters Dual Weild meta, which for me really diminishes the diversity/fun of the game.

I think I’ve become a fairly skilled pvp Magden, and do well in bgs, but the playing style I’ve adopted since the deep fissure nerf is a slow, boring war of attrition. Magden has good survivability and weak/slow offensive options. So you just keep cranking out your shalks, spamming your frost reach, trying to time ice comet or northern storm to your advantage. Eventually, you get a few kills on people who weren’t paying attention, and wind up with a score like 4-1-29 having put out 1.5 million damage, while barely being able to get a kill.

It’s interesting to go 1v1 against a DK and hit them 3 or 4 times to every 1 skill they land on you, only to spend however many minutes watching the inevitable course of the sustain imbalance take shape. I always wonder if it occurs to them.

Anyway, just needed to vent I guess.

I’d love it if deep fissure went back to 3 seconds with a bump back to its former damage. Right now, Concealed Weapon does only 200 less damage than df, and is an instant cast that is much easier to land. And adds 10% dmg.

@ESO_Nightingale - Thank you for your commitment and care for the class. I really appreciate it. You’ve influenced the dev team to make positive/insightful changes, imo.