The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Class Change Tokens - Request Number 73,276

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Sorry for the repeat: I believe that the solution is not with a class change token, but with a "level up straight to 50" token.

Main advantages of a booster-to-50 token:
    - It doesn't require a change of existing concept. It's using what's existing as is and add a booster to it. It's a lot easier to implement.
    - It doesn't spoil the purchasing of new slots and could have a reasonable price since the work behind its implementation isn't "big".

Such a token would make sense. Especialy since it would not have everything already made out. A minimal amount of skill points and everything else would be available alacart via the crown store offerings we currently have.

This would be a win/win for everyone. Zos makes their money, and players can avoid leveling up as much as they choose to.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could take inspiration from the game's Elder Scrolls roots and remove the 'hard' class choice altogether. Instead have it as a special top level Skill Line choice (akin to a morph with seven choices) in our Skills Window. To change your choice have it as an extra option at the Rededication Shrine.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Swordancer
    Swordancer
    ✭✭✭
    I am logging in every year to check if there is class change token eventually. See you in 2024. Have a nice year.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the line for Class Change Tokens? Don't mind me asking. I'll just wait in case they run out.
    We Know...
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Sorry for the repeat: I believe that the solution is not with a class change token, but with a "level up straight to 50" token.

- It doesn't require a change of existing concept. It's using what's existing as is and add a booster to it. It's a lot easier to implement.
    - It doesn't spoil the purchasing of new slots and could have a reasonable price since the work behind its implementation isn't "big".

Such a token would make sense. Especialy since it would not have everything already made out. A minimal amount of skill points and everything else would be available alacart via the crown store offerings we currently have.

This would be a win/win for everyone. Zos makes their money, and players can avoid leveling up as much as they choose to.

I'm not saying that wouldn't work but that's also like someone asking for Dunkin Donuts Coffee and instead you hand them a diet soda pop.

As many of us have said, many many times, its not just about leveling its about putting our old, existing characters into classes we need them in. For example, I have several Warden and Templars. Yes I will keep some of them as such but I don't need this many Templars with Jabs being completely ruined. Therefore, I know what I need, no one else need questions it, I got this. Really I promise. Have thought long and hard about what classes I need instead, especially with all the time I put into making these characters to start with and paying out upgrades.

So... yeah they really should consider allowing us the means to change classes and protect players ability to choose what to do with for themselves.
    We Know...
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »

I'm not saying that wouldn't work but that's also like someone asking for Dunkin Donuts Coffee and instead you hand them a diet soda pop.

As many of us have said, many many times, its not just about leveling its about putting our old, existing characters into classes we need them in. For example, I have several Warden and Templars. Yes I will keep some of them as such but I don't need this many Templars with Jabs being completely ruined. Therefore, I know what I need, no one else need questions it, I got this. Really I promise. Have thought long and hard about what classes I need instead, especially with all the time I put into making these characters to start with and paying out upgrades.

So... yeah they really should consider allowing us the means to change classes and protect players ability to choose what to do with for themselves.

There is nothing to protect as we are fully able to choose what we want to do for ourselves as it is. It doesn’t take much time to level to 50 and skill lines, sky shards, mount riding and more are already available to help speed up making that new toon raid and PvP ready. Nothing needs to be protected.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing to protect as we are fully able to choose what we want to do for ourselves as it is. It doesn’t take much time to level to 50 and skill lines, sky shards, mount riding and more are already available to help speed up making that new toon raid and PvP ready. Nothing needs to be protected.

That argument is fine in its own place and time.

However until players are given the option we need to have to make direct class changes to existing characters then we're not going to be on the same page.

For the average player including myself it takes quite a while to lvl to 50 and then pay for a ton of upgrade from the Crown store. However again, in this instance that is a work around but that is not the solution we need to this type of problem.

Our ability to make class changes as we see fit for the characters we have developed will be protected the day we are given the option to choose. Which we can choose everything else so I'm sure most will agree on here having a class change token is a great idea which fits in with existing options and no one would disagree with people having access to it.

If I'm selling home owners insurance then I'm protecting what is, I'm not telling the poor person just start over. Which is the essence of your reply here.
    Edited by Vulkunne on 27 February 2023 01:12
    We Know...
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That argument is fine in its own place and time.

However until players are given the option we need to have to make direct class changes to existing characters then we're not going to be on the same page.

For the average player including myself it takes quite a while to lvl to 50 and then pay for a ton of upgrade from the Crown store. However again, in this instance that is a work around but that is not the solution we need to this type of problem.

Our ability to make class changes as we see fit for the characters we have developed will be protected the day we are given the option to choose. Which we can choose everything else so I'm sure most will agree on here having a class change token is a great idea which fits in with existing options and no one would disagree with people having access to it.

If I'm selling home owners insurance then I'm protecting what is, I'm not telling the poor person just start over. Which is the essence of your reply here.

I do suggest looking into the history of the conversation you quoted. I responded to DreamyLu's suggestion of an instant lvl 50 character. I chimed in adding that since we can buy riding lessons, sky shards, and skill lines that we have already unlocked then someone can be raid or PvP-ready in a matter of seconds.

It is a great solution for someone who does not want to spend a handful of hours leveling up a new character. Since none of us own any character in ESO there is nothing to protect.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. You're missing the point of why people want a class change token completely.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.

Make a new character, that simple. If your slots are full nobody made you make 9 Nightblades.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.

Make a new character, that simple. If your slots are full nobody made you make 9 Nightblades.

Not only that, we've been told at least twice by ZOS, once in this very thread, post #94, and once a couple of years ago, that class change tokens aren't in their plans.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7804848#Comment_7804848

Edited by Grizzbeorn on 27 February 2023 14:32
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • SpacemanSpiff1
      SpacemanSpiff1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      HaruKamui wrote: »

I'd be fine with this actually.

But, I'd like to point out that the Breton Nightblade in the cinematics was able to class change to a necromancer when Elsweyr was released. If the three characters are supposed to be our stand-ins, then please let us class change too. XD

when was he ever shown to be a nightblade?
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      HaruKamui wrote: »

I'd be fine with this actually.

But, I'd like to point out that the Breton Nightblade in the cinematics was able to class change to a necromancer when Elsweyr was released. If the three characters are supposed to be our stand-ins, then please let us class change too. XD

when was he ever shown to be a nightblade?

when was the cinematic ever considered to be what is actually possible in the published game? I thought it was just for entertainment purposes. Sort of a "this is what we wish the game could do" rather than "this is what the game is like"
      Edited by Elsonso on 27 February 2023 14:51
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Nic727
      Nic727
      ✭✭✭✭
      No.

I don’t know why people assume we all play the same way. Not everyone like playing with alts.

I love completing an area 100% before moving to the other. I don’t have time to start from scratch again. I only have one character and would like to change class.
    • allochthons
      allochthons
      ✭✭✭
      I'm fine either way with class tokens^. But weirdly, I want one because of the Armorer.

Pre-Armorer, I had 13 characters: 1 Mag, 1 Stam of each class, and the 13th was a DK tank.
      With the armorer, I made each of those characters 2 builds: a DPS and a support. So now I have a healer and tank of each class*.

I also like this overly complex system of mine because since ZOS changes the classes every few months, when a class becomes strong, I Have An Alt For That. My current most-used alt is a Sorc I was only using for crafting for at least a year.

But that 13th DK tank! I now have 2 DK tanks. Booo! Let me change that 13th to an Arcanist!

Since class tokens aren't happening, my 13th will remain a Writ Alt until something else comes up. Ah, well. I don't want to delete her because of all the work I've already done (skyshards, antiquity leveling, etc). Actually, right now she's my fisherman, with the CP set for fishing. LOL

^ Gina did say no class *tokens.* But as someone else pointed out, this is Hermaeus Mora. What if we get the ability to change class, but it's not a token per se? Sneaky Gina?

* I don't have a NB tank. My main is my stamblade, and she already has 4 builds: DPS, Thief, Resource Farming, PvP, and I don't want to use another slot. My MagBlade is a healer, I suppose I could also make her a tank, but a 7' tall high elf tank? Or I could move the thief to the magblade, but then I'd have to do Thieves Guild/DB on her, etc.

If they actually did give us a way to change class, I'd be fine with once per character, or even once per account, or once per
      year, etc.
      She/They
      PS5/NA
    • Heromofo
      Heromofo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have every class at max level but i don't play them becauuuuuse i have 100% completion of map etc it took a long long time on the main and would only ever use my main. Arcanist to me just means a class to level to 50 then store away. Because i would never ever prep a secondary main ever lol not with a full time job and family life to boot.
    • Shagreth
      Shagreth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Heromofo wrote: »
      I have every class at max level but i don't play them becauuuuuse i have 100% completion of map etc it took a long long time on the main and would only ever use my main. Arcanist to me just means a class to level to 50 then store away. Because i would never ever prep a secondary main ever lol not with a full time job and family life to boot.
      100% completion is something I can do again, what I can't do however is become a master crafter, my main has almost every single recipe etc. there is. @ZOS_Kevin If you don't want to put a class change token, make recipes, motifs and the rest account-wide. I see no good reason not to.
    • Goldie
      Goldie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tyrobag wrote: »
      Please please please tell me its finally time for a class change token. I already have a character that worships Hermaeus Mora, and is practically already an arcanist. I have years invested in the character, so remaking him isn't an option.

This has been asked for years now, anyone else think its finally time for zos to make this money making machine?

Im going to have to just... disagree with this. I think this is a terrible idea.
      "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
    • Foxtrot39
      Foxtrot39
      ✭✭✭✭
      If they don't want class change token how about removing character bound upgrades?

Armory slot and outfit slot are character bound

The guild skills and their more or less atrocious time sink grind are character bound

The half year grind to make mounts usable is character bound

Non event motifs are character bounds

if they want to force player to make a new character to enjoy something they should remove all the incentive we have to keep asking for class change token until then the forum will never see a day without such threads poping up
    • Jestir
      Jestir
      ✭✭✭✭
      I as well would love to save my main from a class I do not enjoy.

I don't care if it's done through a 1 per character support ticket the same way recovering a deleted character is done.

I tried and tried but I just don't have enough free time to "catch up" another character/remake them in another class
    • Jamaroo172
      Jamaroo172
      ✭✭
      I can't see how this would be disputed by developers, another item to toss into the crown store that people will buy to save extensive time and progress.

They could stand to profit considerably from this if it scales in line with the current tokens of race, name and alliance change tokens.

• isadoraisacat
      isadoraisacat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I wish we got 2 class change tokens so we can try the new class and if we don’t like it we can switch back our main to what it was.
      Edited by isadoraisacat on 11 May 2023 01:56
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bleakz wrote: »

I don't care if it's done through a 1 per character support ticket the same way recovering a deleted character is done.

I tried and tried but I just don't have enough free time to "catch up" another character/remake them in another class

You can get level 50 in an evening, you already have all the CPs and achievements, and any skill lines and skyshards etc you "need" can be bought with your subscription crowns (the revenue from which ZOS would lose if class change tokens came in thereby negating the revenue from the tokens).
    • Jestir
      Jestir
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »

You can get level 50 in an evening, you already have all the CPs and achievements, and any skill lines and skyshards etc you "need" can be bought with your subscription crowns (the revenue from which ZOS would lose if class change tokens came in thereby negating the revenue from the tokens).

There is still tons of progress outside of what can be whaled that can't be made up quickly

I have absolutely no interest in endgame trials, so none of what you listed is anymore than an inconvenience (outside of having to level thieves guild and darkbrotherhood, those are just awful)
    • Nic727
      Nic727
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »

I'm repeating myself from earlier, but we don't want a token only because we are levelling up or because of achievements. It's about the character itself. Completing quests again, discovering areas again, etc. Why can't we just change class like we can change jobs in real life. Also, the "It's too hard to do" is ***. Could be made the same way we change race.

• derkaiserliche
      derkaiserliche
      ✭✭✭✭
      You guys are being way too hostile with ur claims.

In the long term a class change token would be close to a skip-to-end token, since noone would spend time anymore doing quests. This was one of the reasons wow got ruined in the end. Its quick cash but unhealthy for the game itself.

Its not needed to do every single guild again on your new chars anyways. Just play the areas or the guilds you enjoyed the most. Its often better to get to know a class before spending money for it.

• Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nic727 wrote: »
      I'm repeating myself from earlier, but we don't want a token only because we are levelling up or because of achievements. It's about the character itself. Completing quests again, discovering areas again, etc. Why can't we just change class like we can change jobs in real life. Also, the "It's too hard to do" is ***. Could be made the same way we change race.

Well, ZOS is the one who stated that it was more complicated to do class changes. I figure that as a Crown Store item, this would be a bigger Crown sink than Alliance Change and Race Change combined. If it was "Race Change Easy", it would be in the store already. :neutral:
    • SimonThesis
      SimonThesis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just have 18 max level toons like the rest of us... Its not that hard. Have one thats your completionist/crafter etc and the others let you play different styles and content etc. Zos makes way more money selling riding lessons/skyshards/Undaunted/Psijic/Mages guild than they would on a class change token.
      Edited by SimonThesis on 25 May 2023 21:18
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Elsonso wrote: »

Well, ZOS is the one who stated that it was more complicated to do class changes. I figure that as a Crown Store item, this would be a bigger Crown sink than Alliance Change and Race Change combined. If it was "Race Change Easy", it would be in the store already. :neutral:

But they make way more money selling riding lessons, character slots, fully leveled undaunted, fighters, mages, Psijic, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Alliance skills, werewolf, vampire, etc skill lines to people who have to make a new character to start a different class. The only way I could see them selling a class change token is if you agree to reset all your skill lines to zero if you use it.

ZOS is a business, and there's no way they would leave all that potential income on the table by letting you bypass the grinds by simply flipping one character from class to class.
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jaraal wrote: »
      Elsonso wrote: »

But they make way more money selling riding lessons, character slots, fully leveled undaunted, fighters, mages, Psijic, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Alliance skills, werewolf, vampire, etc skill lines to people who have to make a new character to start a different class. The only way I could see them selling a class change token is if you agree to reset all your skill lines to zero if you use it.

I think people would use a class change token more than they are using those other bypasses, today. Just a gut feel.