Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

who would like to have other animals for the Warden than just a bear?

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    The animal choices for the warden class doesn't make much sense as a whole. Like we have cliffracers, shalks, netch etc and then a bear? With that theme it would make more sense for it to be an alit or nix-ox.

But the whole Morrowind animals doesn't fit in the first place. Wardens are related to the deity Y'ffre, and the races mostly connected to them and the warden class is bosmer and bretons' druids and witches. So it would make a lot more sense for all the other warden abilities to have other animals.

I just want different skins for their animal abilities, same with different daedra skins for sorcerers.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Jaclynn
    Jaclynn
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I just want a wolf. :)
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."

PC/NA
    @Jaclynn
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Of course, but the real question is 'Will they ever do that?'...probably not, since all of us Wardens have been asking for this for a very long time.

But here it goes again...Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!!!
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    my necro wants to up the dead people around me as pets.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    4353485.jpg

Hell yeah! There are all sorts of amazing critters in Tamriel that would be awesome to have as a pet for the Warden beside the big butt bear.
  • Fea675
    Fea675
    ✭✭
    yes
    I'd love to have a wolf instead. Or a snow leopard. <3
  • Mackinsar
    Mackinsar
    ✭✭✭
    I want a wolf companion. This should have always been an option.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I personally would like the Princess Kenny Unicorn from South Park as replacement for the bear!

7epvj9y8mfgu.gif

PS5 NA/PS5 EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    100000%. I would LOVE a saber cat instead of a bear and a torch bug instead of the netch. Would buy crowns for these
  • Firey_Hellhound
    Firey_Hellhound
    ✭✭✭
    It has been said before in another thread that animations could alter dependant on the region. So if in a snowy or cold region when the bear is summoned, it summons a Polar Bear for example.

Flowers from Healing Seeds could reflect the local zone flowers.

Shalks could appear as local zone critters too.

All the abilities remain the same, just the visual animation is different in that zone. And of course if you did it for one class, you could repeat it for others too.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Maybe a polar bear to go along with the icy theme or a horker. :p
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Sidereum
    Sidereum
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I would love it if the Shalk magicka morph turned them into Frostbite spiders, or another frost themed animal, contrary to the stamina morph, which is poison themed.

EDIT: ops, misunderstood the question. Yes, I would like another pet for the summoned ultimate, like a wolf maybe, or... yeah, a spider, why not? It'd be cool.
    Edited by Sidereum on 24 May 2022 18:59
    PC-EU | @Sidereum
    Favorite race: Imperial
    Favorite class: Warden
    Favorite alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Favorite zone: Gold Coast
    Favorite chapter: Blackwood
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Ever since they sold that reskin of the bear with the Morrowind collector's edition, we all hoped there would be more skins that we could spend crowns on. We have too many reskins of mounts. Just sell me a wolf skin for my Warden ultimate. Different skins for pets would be such a money maker.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    I would be happy even if they just re used the various bear mount skins for wardens bears, we already have the section in collectibles with that stone bear skin, don't see why they never added any more.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the life of the sorcerer. We've been stuck with the same annoying summons for years.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    A dragon.
    Or a dwarven dragon.
    Or a skeletal dragon.
    A ghost/spirit dragon.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Something like the badger in Farcry Primal - terrorizing any mob around - lol. The effect would be that that badger would interrupt any enemy it can get to and the ultimate would be stunning an enemy for like 4 seconds due a series of nasty badger bites :D
    Edited by Lysette on 25 May 2022 05:51
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I liked hunters in World of Warcraft the most.

A Pet Sorc here is about the closest, but not quite. A Warden feels far different.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    The last skill in the frost skill line is complete garbage, replace it with a pet. Either an ice wolf or a frost wraith. I know there is an animal companion skill line, but like... All the skills there are good! The first skill, the main spammable, is really floaty feeling and could use some kind of alteration to its speed, but other than that, the entire skill line is solid, so getting rid of any one for another skill seems like a bad idea for the warden tool kit. On the other hand, the frost skill line isn't very good, and has a couple dead skills. The last one in that line in particular would be a great spot for a new pet!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cow would be amazing!! If it isn't a cow, or a pork then I'm not interested
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can make it depends on weapon you use while summon. Ice stave - ice thing. Inferno stave - fire thing. Like destro ult. And melee weapons summon original bear.

Also, whole idea to make some class ultimates depends on current weapon not that bad (imo).
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Yeah the bear always stood out as the weird animal for a class of mostly Morrowind creatures.

That said, we haven't seen Western Morrowind yet, perhaps bears prowl around there and the Warden class actually originates from House Redoran who control that region... but that's neither here nor there. There are no bears in any current Dunmer motif so more options would be nice. I'd also support options that can make the Warden more 'generic' such as a hawk instead of a cliff racer etcetera.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    I'd like to see more Warden choices like a wolf or a panther. Even a hawk or eagle would be fine but I'd hope that the animals would be more of the normal looking ones.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    Welcome to the life of the sorcerer. We've been stuck with the same annoying summons for years.

It's a bit different though. Summoning anything different from what sorcerers have now would mean that the skill should change to something different. Like, you want to summon a daedroth instead of the storm atronach? Then the skill must be changed to a different damage type. Want to summon a... a... What would you summon instead of the scamp, clannfear and twilight? Banekin instead of the scamp? There's no difference really. Titans are too big and I'm pretty sure nobody except the sorcerer would like to deal with them clipping though everyone's screen space. Spiders, harvesters and ogrims are too big as well. What's left? A little watcher maybe. So, in the end, a little watcher and a banekin. Remind that conjuring magic could be used to summon lesser daedra only. You can't summon a dremora.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More animals for Warden, more daedra and atronachs for Sorcerer.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Wardens are defenders of the Green, master storytellers whose nature tales become magical reality. They wield frost spells against enemies and summon animals to aid them.

That is the in-game description.... what we actually got was Animal Companions being a mix of actual animals and spirit animals, serving mainly as your source of DPS. Bears, tigers, wolves etc are still hostile, and we can’t even tame any enemies to fight with us.

I think a big reason for these issues is that ZOS wants to fit a certain amount of “standardized” stuff into each class - Major buffs, sustain skill, class-based ground aoe, etc - and then there is very little room for unique abilities.

Each class needs another skill line or more skills added to existing skill lines:
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Wardens are defenders of the Green, master storytellers whose nature tales become magical reality. They wield frost spells against enemies and summon animals to aid them.

That is the in-game description.... what we actually got was Animal Companions being a mix of actual animals and spirit animals, serving mainly as your source of DPS. Bears, tigers, wolves etc are still hostile, and we can’t even tame any enemies to fight with us.

I think a big reason for these issues is that ZOS wants to fit a certain amount of “standardized” stuff into each class - Major buffs, sustain skill, class-based ground aoe, etc - and then there is very little room for unique abilities.

Each class needs another skill line or more skills added to existing skill lines:

I guess our Wardens only know Stories about Morrowind lol
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    A wolf would be nice...
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭