Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

who would like to have other animals for the Warden than just a bear?

• Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Did someone order a "Cool" Bear Skin?

b31w95fm35wq.jpg
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    im so glad there are more posts about this, for a few years after the warden came out i was campaigning for pet skins and better ice abilities, they teased us with the release of the grey skin that there might be more coming,

The warden is such an unfinished class and it became to depressing to play as my main.

But it looks like zos just focus on card games and weird things nobody asks for.

I really hope you guys get some pet skins one day, but please take a page from my book and not hold your breath,
    Chapters are getting exponentially worse every year with more and more out of touch development choices.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I would like a spotted bobcat that sprays on cloaked nightblades making them “scent-visible” for 30 days.
  • SianTamzin
    SianTamzin
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I don't see why not, sorcerers have the scamp, clan-fear and twilight. Wardens could have a bear, wolf or something else for example.
  • DeadCrow777
    DeadCrow777
    Soul Shriven
    yes
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    So WoW has glyphs that cosmetically change abilities. I think this system would be great in ESO. Imagine if Cliff Racers could be a Hawk instead. Or Shalks be something like this:

o5dqfemoznmk.gif

I would take this in a heart beat and switch out the Cliff Racers with an Ice Wraith instead!
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Everyone wants an alternative to the bear.
    My vote is for a wolf. It'd be great if I could summon a wolf instead of a bear.

How about Lion, Tiger & oh wait we already have them Bear, oh my...

On a serious note here are the summoned companions I would like to see...

Tiger, Lion, Panther, Wolf, Dire Wolf, Giant Spider, Giant Scorpion, Giant Mudcrab, Nix-Hound, etc..

• Lailaamell
    Lailaamell
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Warden use cliff strider the cliff striders in morrowind flies as fast they can. Kinda made very little sence we call animals from 1 region
    Edited by Lailaamell on 10 June 2022 07:21
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Having a wolf would be really cool
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I think we should double down and give wardens TWO bears
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    A wolf! a white wolf even
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Absolutely yes.

I recall similar suggestions I think, from the past.

There is no reason at all to lock the Warden class into be a bear keeper. If the thematic is animals, why not give a range of options, basically skins for the bear.

I would make exactly the same argument for Sorc petc. No reason at all that skins should not be available for them. Even just being able to change their colour would be nice.
  • Cin_Vhetin
    Cin_Vhetin
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

other animals for the Warden...
    This.
    SO MUCH THIS!

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 29 October 2022 17:33
    Better a warrior in the garden than a gardener at war. - Japanese proverb

You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing things with logic. True power is restraint. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass. - Warren Buffet
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    Let it be known that I will fully open my bank account and allow ZOS to help themselves if they decided to sell skill skins.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    The amount of crown store reskins this company makes, it's insane to me that they haven't made a pet skins.

Now I would love a different pet other than the bear purely for cosmetics. What I am saying is give me a Wamasu.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I don't play a warden but I might consider it if they had another pet besides a bear. A spriggan would be nice.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    I rolled a warden a while back and didn't get a bear to start with.
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on 4 November 2022 14:10
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I wonder what the runner-up was when ZOS chose the bear?

My guess would be a wolf.

I don’t like playing with pets, or using proc sets, but I might find it amusing to have a tiny pet that occasionally does a ton of damage. Maybe a little scorpion you can barely see.

This would contribute to the finely tuned balance that is the current PVP.

Kind of like when you see Scavenging Maw hit for 10k on your death recap, but there was no animation and no player near you at the time.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I like the bear but it would be good to have variety.
    Pet sorcs need skins for their pets waaayyyy more. Smaller less gross ones in better colours.
    Edited by M0ntie on 5 November 2022 22:59
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Something a little less "thicc"? I'd personally love to have a Lynx companion.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Something a little less "thicc"? I'd personally love to have a Lynx companion.

you watch the lynx be thiccer if we get one.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Where is the option for fewer combat pets?

I'd like to see fewer pets or no pets for any class, not if they are for combat. Cosmetic pets are great, but navigating around everyone's pets is a pain when in town and it turns one player into multiple players in a combat situation.

So my vote would be no pets at all for any class.

"Edmond Dontes" , a fellow academic, well met friend. The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorites.
    but I digress, I disagree with your statement. pets are not a big deal IMO.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Sure and just let us have different skins for the bear. I would buy them in the cash shop.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes
    I always wondered why wolf wasn't the default animal friend for wardens, and then you would level up to a bear.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Even if other animal choices were just purely cosmetic it'd be great.
    Edited by Cazador on 15 November 2022 05:14
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Can we get a Pet DK that spams whip and corrosive in PvP? :smiley:
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Who the hell said no???
    I would pay as many crowns as ZoS wants in exchange for many bearskins.

Edited by miguelcura on 10 December 2022 02:03
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    A rather nasty mudcrab
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Yeah, have to say, never been a fan of the fact that everything summoned besides the bear were Morrowind themed.

In a roleplaying game, it kind of restricts you if you’re playing a High Elf, as summoning Betty Netches, Fetcherflies, Cliffracers and Shalks, then proceeding to throw mushrooms around everywhere, makes very little sense.

It’s the main reason I’m not invested in Warden, I LOVE ice magic in games, but I won’t play it, not unless I made a Dark Elf, but even then, it wouldn’t make sense to me, as why would a Dark Elf native to volcanic regions be running around shooting ice at people?

Then you have to take into consideration that a “Warden” is not a class based on Conjuration, but on Mysticism, which is in effect, asking nature for help, if you’re in a region with Terror Birds, or Gryphons, where the hell are you getting Cliffracers? Honestly.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on 17 December 2022 09:22
  • Jeejee
    Jeejee
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I can't stand warden and sorc because of the same combat pets we need to look at all the time but can't even choose what they look like
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    A mighty torchbug, for the sake of my view.