The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zone Guide & Map Completion with Account Wide Achievements

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    What really bothers me now after logging in today on PS5 is that some of my choices I made on a previous character (my first) I don't want done on my alt.. Now the NPC dialogue is condemning my alt for having done something he has never done before and something I wanted to do different and change.

Logged off, checked forums, made this post.. turned on PC going back to Lost Ark.. at least they do global achievements right.

Do you remember which NPC this was? Some of us have been trying to test and document NPCs that are doing these things.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked out jesters festival for my NEW alt, oh no all complete what's the point of carrying on I won't get any points for doing it. It s not very funny.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tindomiel4 wrote: »
    Well, according to Kai, they supposedly fixed it today.

Maps
    Fixed issue where achievement related POIs, including delves, world bosses and dolmens, would sometimes incorrectly display as being incomplete on the map after first loading in.

But still crickets from devs on the whole AwA mess.
    Please, @ZOS_MattFiror , give us a communication like the performance one you did.
    This is the real deal breaker with UD33 for so many of us.

Also, they may have fixed ("fixed") it on the map, but my compass bar still has incomplete icons for completed things.

Wait. I can't log in right now. But... am I understanding this correctly? Was the fix really to make it so the alts see the map as completed?!?!

I thought the whole zone guide and maps were the "answer" to how we still can see what characters haven't done even if we couldn't check achievements. Did they really just take away that option too? How is that a fix? Do the zone guide and maps contradict each other now?
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • dzugarueb17_ESO
    dzugarueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Do the zone guide and maps contradict each other now?

No contradiction, you have a huge part of zone guide AND map fully complete on all your level 3 toons. No need to fill the bars anymore, ever, enjoy.

• berunhieyes
    berunhieyes
    ✭✭✭
    people will say "Who cares? The same human who controls these characters did these things once, why do them again?"

I've seen this said by a few people about AWA, but the same could be said about just about everything in ESO: lore books, skyshards, recipes, motifs, trait research, quests, leveling, etc. Taking this to extremes:

- You could have one character do the AD quests, create a second do the EP quests, and the create a third do the DC quests. At this point, all three characters would have credit for completing all three alliance quests and the account would show completion of Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold. Any new characters would not be able to do the allliance quests because the player has already done them. Same with the main quest: Once one character defeats Molag Bal, others would not need to (or able to, since he's already defeated).

- Finding skyshards on one character means all other characters get credit and skill points for them.

- Get one character to level 50 and the next character would be created at level 50 with all the skill points and rewards earned through the level-up process.

- Train up a skill to level 50 on one character and all your alts can use the same skill. The only thing that might not work here is class skills, but I'm sure something could be figured out.

Eventually, the only things players could do would be daily quests, dungeons, or PVP. At this point, I think many people would say they've finished ESO and move on to something else.
    Edited by berunhieyes on 31 March 2022 19:31
  • Chiaroscuro
    Chiaroscuro
    ✭✭✭
    Literally everything on the map should be individual character based.

I just want to second this with every fibre of my being.

Not that it matters since the game is just an infinite load screen now but when its back, please revert it to this ^
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    In the on screen guide it shows one point of interest required for the character to complete, however, all items are ticked off from previous characters. How is this helpful.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 1 April 2022 12:18
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The current jester event sends me to delves I have not been before, these delves are now marked as complete, even though I'd like to remember I never completed anything inside them and only did the event inside. These should be marked black, as incomplete. So that when my character actually enters that zone, I will know I haven't done that delve yet.

Another issue with AwA which I keep running into, is the delve bosses not spawning issue. Please let delve bosses respawn every 30 seconds after they have been killed.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still do not understand *why* it was considered fine for wb/delves/bosses in public dungeons etc to be account based.

And now all Holiday events are ‘one&done’.

Do the devs have no understanding of re-playability?
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still do not understand *why* it was considered fine for wb/delves/bosses in public dungeons etc to be account based.

I'm pretty disappointed by the holiday event achievements being account wide. It used to be one of the ways I'd sort of keep a record of the year a character was made, by getting those achievements on them that year. A bit of a sentimental thing, sure, but now that one such event where I would have been doing this is here, I really, really miss it.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that the bottom line is that in 2020-2021 ZOS realized that they made serious mistakes in the core game design, resulting in the game simply not being able to handle what it has become. Actions in 2021 and 2022 feel like work they would consider to be core to the continued existence of the game. To note... we have some code rewrite for performance, database changes to stem the explosion of achievements, and database changes to hide inactive accounts. The rest of the year may be even more interesting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged in last night and everything except quest hubs and sky shards seemed to be "learned" by alts in a new map just by running by. I hate this, but it seems the same as it was before to me. I was afraid based on the "fixed" notes that the map was going to be unlocked the second I logged into the character, or enter the new map. So not sure if the "fix" was for people who had done things and it had stopped showing after AwA, or what, but from what I can tell it still seems exactly as broken as before, no more, no less.

Have we gotten an official response on whether they WANT things to be "done" just by running by? This seems to be extremely problematic from the perspective of encouraging exploration, playing with friends, or, as others have pointed out, enjoying events. If many items on the map look "completed" I'm going to avoid new areas like the plague on an alt until I have time to systematically go through the whole map.

And btw the Zone Guide still contradicts itself. For example, it will say I need to discover three more "eye" points but when I hover over the box to see which ones, it shows a cutout of my achievements, with dates, and says I've found them all in 2014, years before the character was even created (I tested on a necro). So... that's ridiculous.

The map, everything on it, and exploration XP needs to be completely de-coupled from achievements. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that you log in on an alt, can't "see" locations on the map, but when you work through the map everything is done and you get no extra XP or acknowledgements for going through it.

On second thought, and I'm half serious here, maybe ZOS should take the final leap, assume that the characters who have gone before have shared maps with our alts, and let our alts see and travel freely. This would at least make it easier for my alts to do their crafting surveys. At first I was thinking at least the undiscovered parts could somewhat help with going through the maps to level the alts... but what is the point now, anyway? Wasting time to simply unlock the map without rewards or anything trackable to do again except pick up lore books is ridiculous. What's the in game logic? I have "done" the things before but I can't remember what they look like or how to go back?!? I don't have to again kill this pesky monster that keeps re-spawing, my map says THAT'S "done!!!" even though I JUST got here... but somehow this super rare magical book that is only one of a kind is back for me to pick up again. It's so backwards. There is zero sense of accomplishment for "finding" a boss or a way shrine I have been to a thousand times before, if I get no discovery XP, no credit for killing it, no pop up, and parts of the Zone Guide say I did the thing years before I could have possibly done so on that character. It is so illogical I can barely stand it. The way it is right now feels like it is in the worst possible state. We should not have to unlock the map for things we have already "done." If that's the stance we're taking now, I want to be able to use a way shrine on one character and go back on another without the game acting like I haven't been there yet. Because my map is clearly telling me I have already done the delve and killed the boss RIGHT NEXT TO IT.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • MrBunnyRampage
    I enjoy the fact that one of my created toons was done by my daughter. Once in a blue moon she gets on and like to play. So she does her thing never really cared much about what she did bc it was all separate. But thanks to this update. I get to miss out on quite a few areas i have never been to. I have no clue what happen in thoes areas bc i didnt do it she did. I was a day 1 player on xbox. Played for about a year and took a break. I have sence been back for about 3 months. But ive only been able to actually play for maybe 30 days of the time total (i work alot). But thanks to awa. Im just out of luck when it comes to the things my daughter accomplished. Had i known 2 or 3 years ago what she was doing actually would of effect my account. Maybe i wouldn't have let her play. But bc she played when it wasn't a issue i had no issue. But now my only option is to delete my childs toon or let her login its a pretty messed up situation. Thanks for this wonderful feature ZOS. At the moment my child hasn't login to her character. So it's still not added to the account. I'm hoping some kind of adjustment or fix can be done before i let her on. It just sucks bc she was so excited to play this new event. And it sucks bc AWA sucks. The way it was implemented is absolutely horrible.

P.S. I've reposted this here. So hopefully it can get noticed by zos bc the old thread is apparently dead.
    Edited by MrBunnyRampage on 1 April 2022 16:56
  • berunhieyes
    berunhieyes
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I think that the bottom line is that in 2020-2021 ZOS realized that they made serious mistakes in the core game design, resulting in the game simply not being able to handle what it has become. Actions in 2021 and 2022 feel like work they would consider to be core to the continued existence of the game. To note... we have some code rewrite for performance, database changes to stem the explosion of achievements, and database changes to hide inactive accounts. The rest of the year may be even more interesting.

"May you live in interesting times" -- Traditional Chinese Curse
    Edited by berunhieyes on 1 April 2022 17:07
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I logged in last night and everything except quest hubs and sky shards seemed to be "learned" by alts in a new map just by running by. I hate this, but it seems the same as it was before to me. I was afraid based on the "fixed" notes that the map was going to be unlocked the second I logged into the character, or enter the new map. So not sure if the "fix" was for people who had done things and it had stopped showing after AwA, or what, but from what I can tell it still seems exactly as broken as before, no more, no less.

Have we gotten an official response on whether they WANT things to be "done" just by running by? This seems to be extremely problematic from the perspective of encouraging exploration, playing with friends, or, as others have pointed out, enjoying events. If many items on the map look "completed" I'm going to avoid new areas like the plague on an alt until I have time to systematically go through the whole map.

And btw the Zone Guide still contradicts itself. For example, it will say I need to discover three more "eye" points but when I hover over the box to see which ones, it shows a cutout of my achievements, with dates, and says I've found them all in 2014, years before the character was even created (I tested on a necro). So... that's ridiculous.

The map, everything on it, and exploration XP needs to be completely de-coupled from achievements. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that you log in on an alt, can't "see" locations on the map, but when you work through the map everything is done and you get no extra XP or acknowledgements for going through it.

On second thought, and I'm half serious here, maybe ZOS should take the final leap, assume that the characters who have gone before have shared maps with our alts, and let our alts see and travel freely. This would at least make it easier for my alts to do their crafting surveys. At first I was thinking at least the undiscovered parts could somewhat help with going through the maps to level the alts... but what is the point now, anyway? Wasting time to simply unlock the map without rewards or anything trackable to do again except pick up lore books is ridiculous. What's the in game logic? I have "done" the things before but I can't remember what they look like or how to go back?!? I don't have to again kill this pesky monster that keeps re-spawing, my map says THAT'S "done!!!" even though I JUST got here... but somehow this super rare magical book that is only one of a kind is back for me to pick up again. It's so backwards. There is zero sense of accomplishment for "finding" a boss or a way shrine I have been to a thousand times before, if I get no discovery XP, no credit for killing it, no pop up, and parts of the Zone Guide say I did the thing years before I could have possibly done so on that character. It is so illogical I can barely stand it. The way it is right now feels like it is in the worst possible state. We should not have to unlock the map for things we have already "done." If that's the stance we're taking now, I want to be able to use a way shrine on one character and go back on another without the game acting like I haven't been there yet. Because my map is clearly telling me I have already done the delve and killed the boss RIGHT NEXT TO IT.

Sadly, I think the answer is right in the first post. Completion of Delves, World Events, World Bosses is now tracked account wide. And yes, it means that the zone guide contradicts itself in certain parts. I don't think anyone from ZOS is going to say that "yes, we deliberately designed a system where the zone guide is contradictory and half the map is already complete and the other half untouched because we thought players would like that." It feels more like they did some set of things that they wanted to do with achievements, this is the outcome they got, and they said "this is acceptable, we don't want to put more time/resources/database space/whatever into it".

You do still get all the exploration/discovery xp. What has been removed (and not just from alts, but removed entirely) is the completion xp for world bosses and delves that used to be there when you got the achievement.
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭

I disagree... somewhat.

Players should be given the option to unlock previously explored/completed content and AWA on other characters.

This is ZoS at their best, which is sad, because they remain behind the curve.

It's quite laughable really, only now they impliment AWA, when fans have been calling for it from the very beginning. Also, ZoS stated such an endeavor would be impossible, and that talking point was championed by many a lemming, only now we find out that was a lie.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree... somewhat.

Players should be given the option to unlock previously explored/completed content and AWA on other characters.

It's quite laughable really, only now they impliment AWA, when fans have been calling for it from the very beginning. Also, ZoS stated such an endeavor would be impossible, and that talking point was championed by many a lemming, only now we find out that was a lie.

Nah. It should unlock on all characters on the megaserver unconditionally. Options would be prone to defects. KISS.

Also, I don't think ZOS ever stated that it was "impossible". At least, not anywhere I was at. That would be very out of character. Generally, what I hear ZOS representatives say is some form of "No Plans" and "Maybe". Lambert often added that anything was possible. The implication being that some of the harder things might not be done, but could be if they wanted to.

Clearly, this endeavor was more than ZOS was capable of handling in the time allotted. Their stated view of the game is that it will never be finished. Partially implementing something with that perspective is par for the course. They can always come back later and add more to it. I expect that they will do this with account-wide stuff as they transition the game to be more of an MMO Action Adventure, and less of an MMO Role Playing Game.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I disagree... somewhat.

Nah. It should unlock on all characters on the megaserver unconditionally. Options would be prone to defects. KISS.

Also, I don't think ZOS ever stated that it was "impossible". At least, not anywhere I was at. That would be very out of character. Generally, what I hear ZOS representatives say is some form of "No Plans" and "Maybe". Lambert often added that anything was possible. The implication being that some of the harder things might not be done, but could be if they wanted to.

Clearly, this endeavor was more than ZOS was capable of handling in the time allotted. Their stated view of the game is that it will never be finished. Partially implementing something with that perspective is par for the course. They can always come back later and add more to it. I expect that they will do this with account-wide stuff as they transition the game to be more of an MMO Action Adventure, and less of an MMO Role Playing Game.

This statement alone breaks my heart. I'm not even going to touch on what I disagree with here. That players feel ESO, the MMO based on one of the most RPG heavy titles in gaming history needs to lose the RPG and just become a plain action MMO just breaks my heart. You guys just want to get rid of quests next? Why not? People often complain about them and talk about skipping dialogue. Lets just fire the voice actors and writers and advocate for level 50 unlocks. Heck, use all that dev time to just produce more dungeons and trials and do away with zones and more story content altogether. The MMO based on one of the best single player role playing series of all time transitions to becoming a MOBA or a hub for gathering groups for PvP, Battlegrounds, Dungeons, and Trials. That will fulfill the requirements of KISS right there. :'(

HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

This statement alone breaks my heart. I'm not even going to touch on what I disagree with here. That players feel ESO, the MMO based on one of the most RPG heavy titles in gaming history needs to lose the RPG and just become a plain action MMO just breaks my heart. You guys just want to get rid of quests next? Why not? People often complain about them and talk about skipping dialogue. Lets just fire the voice actors and writers and advocate for level 50 unlocks. Heck, use all that dev time to just produce more dungeons and trials and do away with zones and more story content altogether. The MMO based on one of the best single player role playing series of all time transitions to becoming a MOBA or a hub for gathering groups for PvP, Battlegrounds, Dungeons, and Trials. That will fulfill the requirements of KISS right there. :'(

I want to be clear that I don't know where the game is going. Last year, I would not have predicted that ZOS would have gone in the direction they did with Update 33. I am not repeating the mistake of taking stuff off the table because ZOS has already gone in the opposite direction. It is clear that there are things happening out of sight that cannot be predicted by analyzing what we can see in the game.

That said, I am heavily leaning in the direction that they can get some benefit by following the MMOAA path. This is a step back from RPG, which is a hard sell, and aligns it better with a generic adventure game, which is an easier sell. They can do more account-wide stuff as far as in-game characters are concerned, then focus on customization for differentiation. The game will fit better into the group of games that ESO competes with. More beer and pretzels orientation means less grind for character development and allows nomadic players easier repeated entry and exit.

EDIT: Bottom line... I think the people who want MORE account-wide stuff in ESO merely need to sit back and wait. It may take time, as ZOS tends to roll out stuff slowly, but eventually, I think they will get what they want.
    Edited by Elsonso on 2 April 2022 19:00
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭

I disagree... somewhat.

Nice for ZoS to know they can count on you to run to their defense. /sarc
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    Just to sum it all up for each and every one of you here, ZoS reused generic quest trope after generic quest trope, made monotinous "go for" and "fetch me" quests mandatory for a meriad of achievements, then LOCKED skyshards, skill lines and such behind a paywall, expecting you to cough up the money for convenience, or slog along and do the same thing to the rythm of dripping drool droplets, just so you could bring up an alternate character for viability.

To be fair, I enjoyed a lot of the content, but at times, I'm not going to lie, it was a hell of a bore, a bore I do not wish to experience again. I can't tell you how many times I've ran through the campaign... The first 2 times were great, but after that it was just a necessary step to building up an alt. That's not what a game is supposed to be. It's supposed to be fun as often as it can be.

So why now present us with AWA? Their thought is, so they can extend the life of the game, by giving people more freedom to main other toons. So people wouldn't feel locked into running a main character of a certain class with a lot of work to be done looming over head, should they move to another class. But, AWA doesn't go far enough, no.

What they need to do is what @Elsonso suggested and everything unlock account wide on the megaserver. For completionest sake....
    Edited by CombatRecon11B on 3 April 2022 00:06
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to sum it all up for each and every one of you here, ZoS reused generic quest trope after generic quest trope, made monotinous "go for" and "fetch me" quests mandatory for a meriad of achievements, then LOCKED skyshards, skill lines and such behind a paywall, expecting you to cough up the money for convenience, or slog along and do the same thing to the rythm of dripping drool droplets, just so you could bring up an alternate character for viability.

To be fair, I enjoyed a lot of the content, but at times, I'm not going to lie, it was a hell of a bore, a bore I do not wish to experience again. I can't tell you how many times I've ran through the campaign... The first 2 times were great, but after that it was just a necessary step to building up an alt. That's not what a game is supposed to be. It's supposed to be fun as often as it can be.

So why now present us with AWA? Their thought is, so they can extend the life of the game, by giving people more freedom to main other toons. So people wouldn't feel locked into running a main character of a certain class with a lot of work to be done looming over head, should they move to another class. But, AWA doesn't go far enough, no.

What they need to do is what @Elsonso suggested and everything unlock account wide on the megaserver. For completionest sake....

At this point I don't care about AwA anymore, and I don't care if they expand it, all I care about is the game world still reacting to my alts as individuals and having all content there for my alts. I do enjoy doing the quests and repeat them on multiple characters and want some of the bugs with NPCs to get fixed so I can enjoy them on all my alts. As long as any form of AwA stops interfering with how the world treats my alt characters, I would be fine. As long as they give back the once done never again quests back to be done per character, that's what I'm hoping for. I have one mantra in this whole thing which is to decouple everything that effects the game world in any way from achievements and connect those things to quest completion for stories, dungeons, trials, skill line quests, etc. I would sub again if they fixed those things.
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »

At this point I don't care about AwA anymore, and I don't care if they expand it, all I care about is the game world still reacting to my alts as individuals and having all content there for my alts. I do enjoy doing the quests and repeat them on multiple characters and want some of the bugs with NPCs to get fixed so I can enjoy them on all my alts. As long as any form of AwA stops interfering with how the world treats my alt characters, I would be fine. As long as they give back the once done never again quests back to be done per character, that's what I'm hoping for. I have one mantra in this whole thing which is to decouple everything that effects the game world in any way from achievements and connect those things to quest completion for stories, dungeons, trials, skill line quests, etc. I would sub again if they fixed those things.

ZoS could strike a beautiful balance by global unlocks for everything, but with an option to accept or deny it per character. That way those people like me who've completed everything, won't have to go back and do it again on their other toons. And players like you can explore to their heart's content everything like new on their alt.
  • kyricus
    kyricus
    Soul Shriven
    Just checked out jesters festival for my NEW alt, oh no all complete what's the point of carrying on I won't get any points for doing it. It s not very funny.

Agreed. i just logged in one of my newer alts (haven't had much chance to play since the patch dropped) discovered that she had the achievements listed for the Jesters event and...

Logged off the game. Why play an alt when the achievements are already marked as attained by her? Why would I wan't to go thru the pain of doing an event again, and not get specific character credit for it.

I really don't get this change at all.

• Onomog
    Onomog
    ✭✭✭
    I find it deeply ironic that the current festival, one of mirth and merriment, is happening at a time when the game has lessened in fun for so many people.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony is that one thing which COULD have safely been made account-wide - namely Eidetic Memory - isn't.

The reason that Eidetic Memory would work - at least if the books which actually granted skill points, or which granted Mages Guild progress, were separated out and put in character-specific categories (which would be easy to do) is that quest progress DOES NOT depend on whether one has, or has not, read a particular document - because of the possibility of dropping a quest midway (having read the documents) and restarting from the beginning (thus having to re-read, and sometimes re-acquire, the document in question even though it's already in your eidetic memory.)

This would also fix the vexed question of the number of documents that have been added in inaccessible places, or which disappear after certain points in a quest, even if not actually "read" at that time: the solution would be to make another character go to that place and read it. (E.g. Falkfyr Notes Vol. 7, or Compiled Merchant Lord Documents).
  • Dallragon
    Dallragon
    ✭✭
    The new achievement system is just terrible for me. I like it when all achievements are counted on one character. But now these disgusting inscriptions have appeared which character received the achievement. I would still accept this system if there were no pop-up windows with the nicknames of the characters.8a6ayubqaq11.png
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are public dungeon group titles not AwA, they seem to relate to character achievement whereas all other public dungeon achievements are AwA very confused
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are public dungeon group titles not AwA, they seem to relate to character achievement whereas all other public dungeon achievements are AwA very confused

Because of the skill point you get from them
    Soupy twist