The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is everything so expensive? (PC NA)

Hooded_1
Hooded_1
✭✭✭
Returning player. Quit for a year and a half. Came back and the prices of consumes, upgrade mats, and other generally useful items has increased tenfold. What the heck happened? Was there a new system ZOS implemented that injected more money into the economy? Some glitch that people exploited? What am I missing?

Best Answers

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild trader market is all player-run. There's lots of groups who will manipulate the market and raise prices for the same amount and availability of goods to make more gold out of it. Eventually people going around buying all of an available item and flipping them for higher prices made things that used to be lower in cost extremely expensive.

The in-game economy is not like the real-world one. There's no issue with supply and demand being the driving force of goods getting more expensive every patch, but rather players being greedy and constantly pushing prices up.

Then you have addons like TTC, MM, ATT, etc. which gives you suggested average values at which to sell your goods. As people list things higher, those averages shoot up too.

Often though, if there's less people buying something or an over abundance of it, it won't sell for much, and some very easy to acquire items sell for ridiculous amounts if they happen to be popular in that moment.

Also, if you don't want to buy stuff off guild traders for any reason, you always have the option to put in the time and effort to acquire it from just playing the game or farming said item. The market isn't the only place to get things.

Hope this helps.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Answer ✓
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooded_1 wrote: »
    Returning player. Quit for a year and a half. Came back and the prices of consumes, upgrade mats, and other generally useful items has increased tenfold. What the heck happened? Was there a new system ZOS implemented that injected more money into the economy? Some glitch that people exploited? What am I missing?

Antiquities... I think.

There was a serious price spike around the time Antiquities hit. Prices were pretty stable before that, they're still pretty stable, but they jumped sharply in the first few months after Greymoor released.
    Answer ✓
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing in EU. Maybe just less people playing, so less stuff to buy and sell?
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Hooded_1
    Hooded_1
    ✭✭✭

Antiquities... I think.

There was a serious price spike around the time Antiquities hit. Prices were pretty stable before that, they're still pretty stable, but they jumped sharply in the first few months after Greymoor released.

Antiquities seems to be a very obscure reason as to why prices shot up so much. I've played around with the system, even got my first mythic on New Year's Eve, and just from my limited experience with the system, I don't see a clear link between it and this hyper-inflation that's going on.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is one of the reasons I stay on xbox, I tried pc, it just wasn't for me, I could gauge I was gonna be forever *** poor, and while I don't have much, is more than I would ever have on pc.

For example yesterday someone was trying to sell Crowns in Summerset at 200:1, he got ridiculed,and basically was told to try another zone because the going rate was 100;1, this would NEVER happen on PC.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Antiquities... I think.

Antiquities seems to be a very obscure reason as to why prices shot up so much. I've played around with the system, even got my first mythic on New Year's Eve, and just from my limited experience with the system, I don't see a clear link between it and this hyper-inflation that's going on.

Every zone has a purple item that sells for a few thousand gold to a merchant. Multiply by all the players who bought that chapter and that's a lot of gold coming into the game.
    Then we have the gold coming from login rewards (another 100k this month), and endeavors and it's just a recipe for inflation. Basically there is too much gold coming into the game and too little ways to make it leave the game.

There is simply very little to spend gold on because ZOS decided that every worthwhile cosmetic should come from the crown store.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that people actually PAY the exorbitant prices, plus there is far too much gold.

S.
    Edited by ShawnLaRock on 2 January 2022 08:25
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    The guild trader market is all player-run. There's lots of groups who will manipulate the market and raise prices for the same amount and availability of goods to make more gold out of it. Eventually people going around buying all of an available item and flipping them for higher prices made things that used to be lower in cost extremely expensive.

The in-game economy is not like the real-world one. There's no issue with supply and demand being the driving force of goods getting more expensive every patch, but rather players being greedy and constantly pushing prices up.

Then you have addons like TTC, MM, ATT, etc. which gives you suggested average values at which to sell your goods. As people list things higher, those averages shoot up too.

Often though, if there's less people buying something or an over abundance of it, it won't sell for much, and some very easy to acquire items sell for ridiculous amounts if they happen to be popular in that moment.

Also, if you don't want to buy stuff off guild traders for any reason, you always have the option to put in the time and effort to acquire it from just playing the game or farming said item. The market isn't the only place to get things.

Hope this helps.

Players have tried to manipulate the market and have failed. There was a group a few years ago that made a real effort and were able to control a couple of items for almost an entire day. Then other players who had those same items listed theirs undercutting those trying to manipulate the market. The most successful attempt to actually manipulate the market failed.

There are more than 200 traders to track in trying to purchase all of some item in the game. Even using add-ons it can't be done unless several players work at it around the clock for many days. Even then if they raise the prices much it makes the items much more viable to farm and the market is soon saturated.

There is supply and demand and it works well in game. Materials are higher because there is more demand. Housing absorbs quite a few materials. Events always drive prices of crafting materials up if double XP is included.

No way of any of us knowing but I would bet there are at least as many players that use add-ons to undercut price as do to increase price. Going by guild chat and friends I would say the number of players undercutting to get the quick sell is far greater than the number of players increasing prices above average.

Where players do have success taking advantage of the market (they can't manipulate or control it) is by looking at the changes on the PTS and figuring out what will be in demand when changes go live. They plan ahead and can get in a good two days of profits while the rest of the players catch up. Looking ahead and stocking up on stuff is profitable but the economy is so large that manipulation on any successful scale simply isn't feasible.

There is some inflation creeping in but not so much so that it makes getting everything you need difficult. For the most part prices are fluid and are changing according to supply and demand.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭

We saved the economy by rejecting centralised/global auction house. Yay us.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is that people actually PAY the exorbitant prices, plus there is far too much gold.

S.

If you have millions and nothing worthwhile to spend it on then paying a few k extra for upgrade materials is irrelevant.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

S.

If you have millions and nothing worthwhile to spend it on then paying a few k extra for upgrade materials is irrelevant.

That's the real problem. People are obsessed with making millions on their traders but have nothing to spend it on, so there's really no point. Sure there are half a dozen players who are just playing a market simulator and a few more dozen who'd rather farm gold and use it to buy crowns than just play the game, but most players who trade are ordinary players who don't really have any use for the gold mountain they've accumulated in the bank :wink: !
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are three reasons:

1. the amount of gold in the system, generated by active players, addons, farming bots, (and exploits)
    2. supply and demand due to neverending changes of the meta and the option to craft stuff for all your chars via sticker book
    3. a lack of sufficient gold sinks.... guild trader fees, luxury furniture and the Golden are not enough to compete with poin 1.

Since update 32, I have spent about 20 million gold on upgraders to keep my 2-3 active characters equipped and still, sets keep rotating in and out of the meta cycle. And while this might sound crass for some people, I am 100% sure that this is nothing compared to other players out there who are playing more chars than I do.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Where players do have success taking advantage of the market (they can't manipulate or control it) is by looking at the changes on the PTS and figuring out what will be in demand when changes go live. They plan ahead and can get in a good two days of profits while the rest of the players catch up. Looking ahead and stocking up on stuff is profitable but the economy is so large that manipulation on any successful scale simply isn't feasible.

This. Very much this.

For high end traders, upcoming changes are vital information. Ironically, the specific example of the PTS isn't entirely on the nose, because in many cases, by the time it gets to the PTS, the price shifts are already taking place. The trade off is, when you jump immediately, you can get bit by unannounced details in a system. Such as all the people who snapped up jewelry when the crafting system was leaked before Summerset's release.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    There are three reasons:

1. the amount of gold in the system, generated by active players, addons, farming bots, (and exploits)
    2. supply and demand due to neverending changes of the meta and the option to craft stuff for all your chars via sticker book
    3. a lack of sufficient gold sinks.... guild trader fees, luxury furniture and the Golden are not enough to compete with poin 1.

Yup, they keep introducing new currency, and then devaluing the things that used to "cost". When was the last time you had to buy potions (rather than make them, or use found or daily rewards ones), and with all the repair kits as rewards and bought for tickets, there is not much market for buying/using the repair crates that some get from doing dailies.

You can pay for dyes to use the outfit system - so one option would be to charge in-game gold (same fees) for armour dying for NON ESO+ members - that would likely generate a lot - I am not really sure how much money is charged for the "dye" stamps.

Come to that, if the dye stamps could be upgraded to cost less and dye one channel of one item, it might be worth it - but that's a separate thing.

Sticker book crafting doesn't cost gold - it costs transmutes - which put the pressure on speed running and contributes to toxic healer/tank issues.

Not sure what else could be charged gold for that would effectively be a gold-sink and not cause other problems....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Upgrade mats are likely because of the sticker book. All of a sudden you can give each of your characters a Maelstrom or Master weapon, as well as the BiS set with the right trait without having to farm them a dozen times each, so you're going to go through a lot of improvers in the process.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer is mostly crown (gifting) trading.

For years players where able to gather huge amounts of gold out of trading/selling, but never had anythign to spend it on. This gold was just sitting around. With the crown trading this gold reentered the marked and as such increased the inflation because now more gold gets circulated. The remaining stuff is just supply and demand as ppl constantly need certain goods but there is ony a limited amount of palyers supplying it.

You pay 1% listing fee and 7% tax. Its simply not worth it trying this. Noone stops someone of undercutting others. Iam in a big trade guild and prices fluctuate heavily during days and weeks depending on how many players put up sales or how many gather their stuff on which days.

There are many players that buy upgrade materials regularly instead of farming them and they often do it for alot of characters, so there is alot of demand, especially around updates. As long as players will rather buy than gather it themselves prices will rise until they dip over when it becomes to expansive for to many ppl.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what mats you're talking about as well.

Like crafting mats for furniture.

ZoS has the brilliant idea to give us Holiday Crafting Writs that require insane amounts of mats like Heartwood to do, while also attaching special achievements to it.

At the same time, it seems as if RNG drop rates for Heartwood, Mundane Runes, Decorative Wax, and anything furniture-related have drastically decreased over time. I suspect as a way to push people to buy furniture from the crown store instead.

And then you have people who just don't want to farm those things because frankly farming just keeps getting worse in this game.

Add those three things together, then get a bunch of people to price gauge crafting mats during events so badly that the market never recovers, and you end up with the situation we have now.

Its also affected the price of other things in a bad way. Last year you could sell Holiday writs for 10k each easy or more. Before that, 20k easy. Now Holiday Writs are worthless, like 300 gold each, so good luck if you were planning on using the event to make money selling writs and be sure to thank the crafting mat price gaugers for ruining the economy for you.
    Edited by thegreatme on 3 January 2022 04:00
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sticker book crafting doesn't cost gold - it costs transmutes - which put the pressure on speed running and contributes to toxic healer/tank issues.

Crafting an item via stickerbook costs transmutes AND upgraders. And the fact that all the junk is now available for your 4th, 5th and 6th character increases the demand for upgraders.

Edit: But come to think of it... a crafting fee of, say, 20.000 per item from the stickerbook would be quite a decent gold sink in the long run.
    Edited by thorwyn on 3 January 2022 07:26
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities... I think.

Before the Nerf to antiquities you could scry the same purple lead as many times as you wanted. Run a circuit in a small zone like Arteaum while grinding out scrying experience and you got a lot of blue, green, and purple items to sell. It was so ludicrous I made hundreds of thousands of gold. Purple leads still exist but ZOS limited the amount of times you can dig them up to 1 per zone.

The damage had been done though and CP 2.0's further cost reduction on wayshrines and repair, increased chances of rare loot from chests and pickpocketing, more money for fencing, and the passives boosting gold gain are doing a LOT more damage to the economy now. It's incredibly easy to get gold these days.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Antiquities... I think.

Before the Nerf to antiquities you could scry the same purple lead as many times as you wanted. Run a circuit in a small zone like Arteaum while grinding out scrying experience and you got a lot of blue, green, and purple items to sell. It was so ludicrous I made hundreds of thousands of gold. Purple leads still exist but ZOS limited the amount of times you can dig them up to 1 per zone.

The damage had been done though and CP 2.0's further cost reduction on wayshrines and repair, increased chances of rare loot from chests and pickpocketing, more money for fencing, and the passives boosting gold gain are doing a LOT more damage to the economy now. It's incredibly easy to get gold these days.

It was Eyevea, not Artaeum. That purple lead was bugged, so it wasn't every purple lead in the game, just that one. (I want to say the bug was that the lead awarded itself, so it wasn't even that you had to run up through green and blue each time, it was just that you could keep slamming out the purples.) So, of course, people did that.

The inflation burst came immediately after the release of Greymoor. So, yeah, it could be unrelated. But, that does seem to be one of the most likely culprits.

EDIT: Incidentally, there was a fairly significant population shift from XBNA to PCNA (and probably XBEU to PCEU) around the same time. So, there was an influx of players who were willing to snap up the inflated prices, because their market was much more expensive.

This is second hand, but my understanding is that the PC markets are still consistently cheaper than the console markets by a significant margin.
    Edited by starkerealm on 3 January 2022 22:18
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities... I think.

It was Eyevea, not Artaeum. That purple lead was bugged, so it wasn't every purple lead in the game, just that one. (I want to say the bug was that the lead awarded itself, so it wasn't even that you had to run up through green and blue each time, it was just that you could keep slamming out the purples.) So, of course, people did that.

The inflation burst came immediately after the release of Greymoor. So, yeah, it could be unrelated. But, that does seem to be one of the most likely culprits.

EDIT: Incidentally, there was a fairly significant population shift from XBNA to PCNA (and probably XBEU to PCEU) around the same time. So, there was an influx of players who were willing to snap up the inflated prices, because their market was much more expensive.

This is second hand, but my understanding is that the PC markets are still consistently cheaper than the console markets by a significant margin.

PC is generally more expensive than console by a significant margin. There was also a closed loophole where you could buy crowns for much cheaper than they normally were by buying them from a different country or something that caused a huge price hike for pc, the PC economy never recovered from that due to the various ways they can earn coin. Meanwhile on console, or at least PlayStation, the economy has remained largely stable.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 4 January 2022 03:26
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It was Eyevea, not Artaeum. That purple lead was bugged, so it wasn't every purple lead in the game, just that one. (I want to say the bug was that the lead awarded itself

Early on, in Artaeum you could go through green/blue/purple in an endless cycle - maybe not as fast at the purple Eyevea bug, but I (who hate grinding) sat next to my sweetie and watched him level 3 characters through Antiquities all in Artaeum before it got changed to "one purple per zone".
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities... I think.

If it was antiquites it would be the case in all the platforms but it's not
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Antiquities... I think.

PC is generally more expensive than console by a significant margin. There was also a closed loophole where you could buy crowns for much cheaper than they normally were by buying them from a different country or something that caused a huge price hike for pc, the PC economy never recovered from that due to the various ways they can earn coin. Meanwhile on console, or at least PlayStation, the economy has remained largely stable.
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Antiquities... I think.

Selling crowns for gold doesn't increase the amount of gold in the game. It transfers it from one player to another. The way to buy cheap crowns existed for all platforms. The price hike came after the exploit was closed because there was a shortage of crowns. At around that same time players could gift houses and that really caused an increase in prices.

The PC market is mostly stable. Prices are just higher. Easier to make gold on PC because of the add-ons. Takes little time to run 18 characters through writs and stuff like that.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

It was Eyevea, not Artaeum. That purple lead was bugged, so it wasn't every purple lead in the game, just that one. (I want to say the bug was that the lead awarded itself

Early on, in Artaeum you could go through green/blue/purple in an endless cycle - maybe not as fast at the purple Eyevea bug, but I (who hate grinding) sat next to my sweetie and watched him level 3 characters through Antiquities all in Artaeum before it got changed to "one purple per zone".
    It never got changed to one purple per zone, it was always supposed to be one purple per zone. It was just bugged that you could get certain purple leads over and over and got fixed.

As for the OP, prices started to go up on certain things like housing mats with Greymoor and never really came back down. New systems and mechanics have been released that have driven other mats, like certain upgrade tempers, to higher prices. Light Armor for example is run even on Stam builds because of the passives it has now, which is why Dreugh Wax are so expensive when they used to be super cheap. With the sticker book Chromium Platings have shot up in price to around 250k now, where back in the day they were around 80-100k.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also have the issue of guild trader being rediculously expensive due to inflation and guild masters slave driving theyre members to sell / pimp themselves out to meet quota's. Players are no longer treated with any respect within these guilds, theyre just sheep for them and theres no discussion anymore. Its theyre way or the highway and the player left with nowhere to sell anything.

[snip]

THATS how the guild traders are run now!

[edited for naming-and-shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 4 January 2022 11:56
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Antiquities... I think.

I guess so too, antiquities is a really good source of income and doesn't require to be in a trading guild as well.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    We also have the issue of guild trader being rediculously expensive due to inflation and guild masters slave driving theyre members to sell / pimp themselves out to meet quota's. Players are no longer treated with any respect within these guilds, theyre just sheep for them and theres no discussion anymore. Its theyre way or the highway and the player left with nowhere to sell anything.

[snip]

Choose one where the only requirement is a weekly fee - as long as you pay, you are good to go there and buying from your fellow guildies is not a bad idea as well. I was in 3 really good ones, but I doubt being allowed to say which ones on the forum. The reason I left was - I had nothing to sell anymore - will rejoin though, if I have stuff for like a million or two again.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 4 January 2022 11:56
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

[snip]

Choose one where the only requirement is a weekly fee - as long as you pay, you are good to go there and buying from your fellow guildies is not a bad idea as well. I was in 3 really good ones, but I doubt being allowed to say which ones on the forum. The reason I left was - I had nothing to sell anymore - will rejoin though, if I have stuff for like a million or two again.

Your likly correct. Noone can speak now.. Unless its HAPPY HAPPY thoughts or inline with theyre desires noone wants to hear it. [snip]

[edited for off-topic comment & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 4 January 2022 12:03
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

[snip]

Your likly correct. Noone can speak now.. Unless its HAPPY HAPPY thoughts or inline with theyre desires noone wants to hear it. [snip]

seriously, this isn't an issue which is to discuss on the guild channel - it would annoy other members, which have nothing to do with your problems - to ask for doing it in pm is reasonable and if you continue to disrupt the operation of the guild, you will be removed - I think that was a quite normal way to deal with this.

[snip]
    [edited for off-topic comment & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 4 January 2022 12:12