The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you feel the hype after the reveal?

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 - Hyped, new content looks dope, cannot wait
    The content does not hype me at all to be honest. Looked rather uninteresting, both trailer and images shown.
    The combat and system changes however... they hype me a lot. There are a lot of questions still, though this could be a great year for ESO with everything that was said.

-Server Updates
    -They hire more staff! (Finally they see that ESO deserves support and investment)
    -CP rework
    -Companions sound very interesting, even though I have no clue how they can be balanced when allowed in dungeons and trials.
    -armor changes sound poorly thought through, but could become very interesting with a bit of feedback and consideration.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 - Not really hyped, I will probably buy the expansion tho when it will be on sale
    Should of made it all about the deadlands......or all about the imperials....mish-mash of things just didn't really sink in and also what do we get with it other than story and companions?

Also just miffed that "The Dead Lands" a daedric prince realm is going to be in small story zone, with two world bosses and two delves......-looks at coldhabour- expecting more if going to explore there. Really sad about that part.

@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 - Medium hype, sounds okay enough to buy expansion when they will release, probably will enjoy the content
    I'm excited to explore a new area, particularly some territory not in previous TES games.

But I was beyond stoked when the rumors were it would be Skingrad, and I can't help but feel disappointed as well.

It's a roller coaster.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6 - Super hyped, I want to play it now! Already preordered
    Been waiting for Cyrodiilic - lore - chapter for a long while :)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great, and I always enjoy the storylines. Those two mounts that come with the game are fantastic.

I'm glad we'll be able to choose our own tutorial/starting location now.
    I'm SUPER glad they're reverting that horrible change to heals in PvP that they'd been implementing. That's what I'm most excited about.
    Companions might be interesting, but of course it'll mean that every time you look at other players, they'll have clones of the same dude who is following YOU around. It would be like how you see endless clones of the banker/merchant everywhere. You'd get used to it, but still wish there were more options for their appearances so they don't all look the same.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trailer and new zones looked amazing, and companions are something I’ve wanted for a very long time! The CP rework looked really promising too! Going to be a good year!
  • UltraMex
    UltraMex
    ✭✭
    1 - Not intrested, probably won't be playing the chapter
    Meh, just gonna wait till they release another chapter then MAYBE I'll buy it when on sale.
  • Rootmender_Inky
    Rootmender_Inky
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm biased here.
    I love Argonian culture, and it was about time we got some love.
    I mean, Murkmire was great, but very small.
    The hype is real! <3
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 - Not really hyped, I will probably buy the expansion tho when it will be on sale
    Honestly...owning this also on Xbox seems odd that no game updates were revealed or I missed that part.

Some of the partial changes were feedback given prior to converting from the veteran system to champion points.

This without addressing dmg sponge NPCs but then saying they are changing parts to TES-like seems unfinished.

It’s more apparent now that PvP and PvE don’t go together and the games going to suffer until the team separates the two server and feature/ability/skills/armor
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 27 January 2021 05:22
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very hyped. Love argonians I wish we were getting a new weapon type but alas.
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    After such a long time, companions are finally coming! I can't wait for the release! <3
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4 - Medium hype, sounds okay enough to buy expansion when they will release, probably will enjoy the content
    Seems nice. I'm withholding judgement until we see more of the chapter, but I know I'm gonna and up preordering since I love the preorder/collector bonus stuff. Plus just the bits we saw made me really excited to check out the zone. Especially since it looks like the Q4 may end up being in the Deadlands, which would be awesome.

Sure I would rather they had put in things like spears, but I'm excited to see what's coming.

Funny - Oblivion was my least favorite of the recent TES games (though that isn't saying much) and I've never really been big on Argonian lore, but I'm actually really curious to see where this is going. Bring on the Dawn!
    ...no I'm not going to go all "daddy Dagon" here, that was just a bit awkward...
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tuned in to the stream but then I was needed to help my husband who has covid, I have covid too and I am exhausted. By the time I returned I had a peek at the art which looked great, then I was needed to help again. I was able to watch the second half of the stream. I actually didn't see much of the chapter reveal; I like it new content is created for this game.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some new cool things coming no doubt. :) I'd say I'm between 4-5, I might get more excited as we learn more about the coming expansion.

I'm glad that we're fighting a Daedric Prince again, and not just any Prince. >:)

I'm probably not the only one who got hyped about "new servers!". :lol:
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwhelmed, but looking forward to seeing more Imperial related stuff. I won't be pre-ordering. I appreciate the mount is a "new kind" but it still underwhelmed me. Thought maybe they'd fixed the two-person mount issues. The pet is same old same old. Nothing makes me want to pre-order. Time for me to start playing hard to get with ZoS.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked that they kept their promise on performance and seems like we are in for some big changes, I am interested to see how those impact the game... but overall the chapter is very slim... no one is a fault and not complaining, just a fact.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [X] I didn't watch the reveal.
    PCNA
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    The combat and system changes however... they hype me a lot. There are a lot of questions still, though this could be a great year for ESO with everything that was said.

-Server Updates
    -They hire more staff! (Finally they see that ESO deserves support and investment)
    -CP rework
    -Companions sound very interesting, even though I have no clue how they can be balanced when allowed in dungeons and trials.
    -armor changes sound poorly thought through, but could become very interesting with a bit of feedback and consideration.

You don't need to buy chapter to get CP rework, servers and combat system changes.

On a bright side, this is great chapter, because you don't even have to buy it to get the best of it :D
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    proteinexe wrote: »
    I know they said 'dont expect too much', but you cant use that excuse against a new class, CP rework, wepon or skill like
    They did announce a CP rework at the end of the ESO live stream, although it's not what most people thought.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559230/update-29-combat-preview#latest
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no doubt that I'll have fun, but I'm not hyped like last year. Vampires, antiquities, last year I really couldn't wait.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not really a fan of black marsh, havent really liked any of the zones that have previously appeared in game.

Companions im cautiously excited for. It could be cool but I have a lot of questions and a few concerns.

Very concerned about some of the combat changes ive read.

I probably will pick it up at some point for the companions unless info comes out that makes me think their not worth it. Its probably not going to be at launch.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 - Not hyped but will buy at launch because of reasons (i always do that/guldmates/etc)
    So many missed opportunities, like oblivion gates looks like just gonna be a carbon copy dark anchor mechanic.
    Imagine if they added sigil stones as 1 time use unique enchants, would already make these much more worth.
    Companion system, while I see the rp value, I can't help but feel it's going to cause a lot of issues forr them in the future. Adding npca to fight alongside players doesn't seem very productive from a performance perspective.
    Also I get that we still have a good 5 months till Darkwood release, but still, so little actual useful info was released on the chapter, what little hype I may have had for it was killed by the onslaught of sales pitches instead of talking about the actual game.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this chapter adds nothing I'd be interested in.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like marketting to hide the nerf everything including the servers

New:
    smaller
    cheaper
    slower

seems the most likely!

:astonished:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Knockmaker
    Knockmaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really. I understand the hype to some extent, but that doesn't change the fact that game is still a mess. Putting more content on it won't improve things.

Although it is good that zos reverted cross healing, they still block their ears about a bigger problem, reduced group sizes, and even bigger problem, performance issues.

I am just sitting back and waiting for hype to turn into frustration again once it is live and brings more problems (not a boomer, it is history).

tl dr: Nice stuff, but I am more interested in solving core issues first, or together with more content, instead of hoping to hide them by releasing more content.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 - Not hyped but will buy at launch because of reasons (i always do that/guldmates/etc)
    before ESO, I bought 3-4 full price games like Wolfenstein a year (so 240 Euro/year).

Unlike ESO, these did not offer constant progress and refinement of my characters.

I now pay the same (DLC + crown store items), but don't have the "throw away" feeling after finishing a game, but the feeling that the new DLC added value to my setup.

I am not at all hyped by Blackwood contentwise, but see it as a welcomed distraction/addition to existing stories and regions to explore, so I am willing to pay the 30 Euro that are less than 20% of what I would pay for some full price games.

I don't need to be "hyped", some good content is reason enough for me to buy a game (DLC).
    Edited by markulrich1966 on 27 January 2021 09:46
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rarely get hyped for anything these days. But I will buy the expansion as I always do. I like this game.

EDIT:
    Spelling
    Edited by Michae on 27 January 2021 11:08
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So hyped I threw money at the screen to buy the digital upgrade for both Xbox and PC.

Looks epic!
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really impressed and happy for the enormous effort ZOS has put into this.
    • CP overhaul
    • Armor changes
    • Companions
    • Choice of tutorial/starting location
    • Upgrades to server hardware
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the thing I'm most excited about is the CP system rework. I'm way past the current cap, at 2308 currently - I will probably gain 10-15 more till the DPC drops - and I'm glad I will finally be able spend those 1500+ which are currently just sitting there.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |