The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Ravenwatch - PC EU

JoeFrazierJr
JoeFrazierJr
Soul Shriven
[snip], need new thread for discussions.

[edited for discussion of mod action]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 12 August 2020 14:04
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm aware that most of us AD players are either from Australia or work night shift and of course we have every right to play at 8am server time and take every last keep and resource on the map!

It's just that I can't bring myself to take one empty keep after another or walk a scroll through empty countryside with no risk of any enemy player attacking me, I find it somewhat boring.

So I'm looking for some advice on how to appreciate and properly enjoy PvD. Come on guys, share your favourite "PvD-at-8am" moments, I need some motivation!
    Edited by Ufretin on 14 August 2020 08:27
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    I'm aware that most of us AD players are either from Australia or work night shift and of course we have every right to play at 8am server time and take every last keep and resource on the map!

It's just that I can't bring myself to take one empty keep after another or walk a scroll through empty countryside with no risk of any enemy player attacking me, I find it somewhat boring.

So I'm looking for some advice on how to appreciate and properly enjoy PvD. Come on guys, share your favourite "PvD-at-8am" moments, I need some motivation!

you mean most of us DC players? The map is always totally blue in the morning, no keep left.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maggusemm wrote: »

you mean most of us DC players? The map is always totally blue in the morning, no keep left.

I'm told the DC nightcapping squad starts around 3am CEST. When I check in the morning, the map is always 100% yellow, with emp crowned almost exactly at 8am every day.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm told the DC nightcapping squad starts around 3am CEST. When I check in the morning, the map is always 100% yellow, with emp crowned almost exactly at 8am every day.

It is sad. The map should be blue 23 out of 24 hours. Only then people would be happy I guess? :trollface:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame that DC is not on the last place. With full population DC was only defending glademist the last days without having any scrolls.

Then they do nightcapping and get a lot of points. Then they troll around and do scroll stealing with other factions.
  • JoeFrazierJr
    JoeFrazierJr
    Soul Shriven
    DC performance was really bad, could barely defend single keep.. in last week felt like dc gave up.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was anyone who reads this there this evening (September 10th)?

How was the performance for the yells/ reds?

We did run with a PetSorc group to stress the server, how much lag did you get (Please ignore the Atro stuns, they were supposed to be there)? Did the global CD change anything regarding the server performance?
    Edited by Thraben on 10 September 2020 21:44
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

We did run with a PetSorc group to stress the server, how much lag did you get (Please ignore the Atro stuns, they were supposed to be there)? Did the global CD change anything regarding the server performance?

Performance was ok with all the pets, no lags. However, there are still random long loading screens.

The campaign is pretty dead. No opposition by DC when taking Aleswell and Dragonclaw, they dont even try to take it back and lurk around in Brindle. I think the game will die.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bravo, my group ( AD ) ran into you guys and everyone was like NOPE, At least your not running this group every day
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your test showed that they should remove all targetable pets from pvp.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭

I was there. We could not see the players, a wall of pets/atronachs shielding you. It was looking odd and targetting was hard. There was no lag.

GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I have given the "global CD, no lag despite 30+ pets" statement as feedback.

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    BombBlades ;) Bringing detection pots....
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    We think yellows are not playing fair atm
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO AD OR GO CRY !
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD on ravenwatch hate DC for some reasons.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    If Harluns and Cropsford would be swapped.....
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    AD on ravenwatch hate DC for some reasons.

What's going on? Let me guess, Rayles and Warden ua every few minutes despite Alessia being red?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah. Finally ball groups are back and so is 10 second wait for ability to go off 😎

Thank you guys. I missed this level of lag, that makes me wanna throw my PC out the window 😘
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    I did not see any ballgroup today, no lag! The yellows are mostly rebelling now by bombing/ganking/sniping/zerging everyone and camping keeps. They can only defend, or take empty keeps it seems. As if they stand idle the whole day, untill we attack. Very strange behaviour, not brave. Just a matter of time to get them used to the new situation. Pact has the real fighing spirit, according my experiences. We have great players and colored the map a bit more red, to create a balance. It was fun today.
  • Kaizor88
    Kaizor88
    Soul Shriven
    I think ZOS should update their population system I seriously think it's broken. In Ravenwatch campaign we rarely see any low-population bonuses for EP or DC. it saddens me by looking at the score you will see that there is no motivation to play anymore in this campaign. can someone from ZOS at least look at the population these tests destroyed pvp population in EU.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till next week.

I don't think the current situation really requires re-balance efforts like in last June.

• visind2b16_ESO
    red_emu wrote: »

It is sad. The map should be blue 23 out of 24 hours. Only then people would be happy I guess? :trollface:

No, it should be red 23 out of 24 hours. Only then I would be happy.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I have no problem with players night or morning capping (Faction does not matter, it happened to AD, EP, DC at some point).

If people can play only within that hours (because of time zone they live in) - it is fine. Easy AP ? Yes, I also dont see that is a problem.

What I do however have issue with is as a result, a PvP campign victory is decided by PvE activity (fighting only vs siege npcs and not actuall players, grabbing undefended stuff). This would be no issue if later on there would be no players who login (lets say a x faction would be empty 24/7). But that is not the case. It is almost imposible to recover stuff later on during prime time.

It was always the problem (since game launched and we had PvP cyro) that was never adressed. Right now the whole paradox is that players are not motivated to win a campaign. They log in, they see that X faction is 10K points ahead in scores and they dont even try. What is the point of recovering scrolls if they will be at the temple for 2 - 3h at best ? Ppl just do conquest mission and logoff. Especially after double AP AOE tests. I can imagine that most ppl have like 10 - 30M AP and maxed AW rank and a lot of transmute crystals so they would not need to PvP at all.

I simply think that since this is a PvP zone, and also a "PvP Campaign" - the finall winner should be the one who fights other players the most, during prime-time when actual "PvP" is possible. No form of PvE should have an effect on to "who wins" PvP campaign.

But right now it is the opposite. Faction who fights at night or early in the morning (server time) acumulates so many potenial points... basically by doing PvE content in a PvP zone. That is an equivalnt of lets say... doing PvP (dueling) to win a weekly trial / arena PvE reward...

I think there could be a simple solution for that - like population-scaled potenial points.

For example, lets say you capture an enemy objective (and enemy faction was empty at that moment). So as a result u get 10x /5x /3x /2x less potenial points, based on your and enemy faction population differences (server will "remember " population values when objective was captured).

In the most drastic scenario (pop-locked faction vs empty faction) this would mean that you will be getting 17 points advantage every hour insted of 170.

The way to "reset" this would be lose & retake objective when populations are equal (attackers vs defenders).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 30 October 2020 14:41
  • Kaizor88
    Kaizor88
    Soul Shriven
    Tbh. I have no problem with players night or morning capping (Faction does not matter, it happened to AD, EP, DC at some point).

If people can play only within that hours (because of time zone they live in) - it is fine. Easy AP ? Yes, I also dont see that is a problem.

What I do however have issue with is as a result, a PvP campign victory is decided by PvE activity (fighting only vs siege npcs and not actuall players, grabbing undefended stuff). This would be no issue if later on there would be no players who login (lets say a x faction would be empty 24/7). But that is not the case. It is almost imposible to recover stuff later on during prime time.

It was always the problem (since game launched and we had PvP cyro) that was never adressed. Right now the whole paradox is that players are not motivated to win a campaign. They log in, they see that X faction is 10K points ahead in scores and they dont even try. What is the point of recovering scrolls if they will be at the temple for 2 - 3h at best ? Ppl just do conquest mission and logoff. Especially after double AP AOE tests. I can imagine that most ppl have like 10 - 30M AP and maxed AW rank and a lot of transmute crystals so they would not need to PvP at all.

I simply think that since this is a PvP zone, and also a "PvP Campaign" - the finall winner should be the one who fights other players the most, during prime-time when actual "PvP" is possible. No form of PvE should have an effect on to "who wins" PvP campaign.

But right now it is the opposite. Faction who fights at night or early in the morning (server time) acumulates so many potenial points... basically by doing PvE content in a PvP zone. That is an equivalnt of lets say... doing PvP (dueling) to win a weekly trial / arena PvE reward...

I think there could be a simple solution for that - like population-scaled potenial points.

For example, lets say you capture an enemy objective (and enemy faction was empty at that moment). So as a result u get 10x /5x /3x /2x less potenial points, based on your and enemy faction population differences (server will "remember " population values when objective was captured).

In the most drastic scenario (pop-locked faction vs empty faction) this would mean that you will be getting 17 points advantage every hour insted of 170.

The way to "reset" this would be lose & retake objective when populations are equal (attackers vs defenders).

That is exactly what is happening in every campaign atleast in EU. the winner faction is the one who is actively capturing empty keeps/scrolls late night or in early morning.
    the solution in my opinion is make the alliance and campaign points dynamically related to the whole campaign population. so the more populated your enemy the more points you get from capturing keeps/scrolls and vice versa.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would totally agree with that. Objectives that count towards the score, should be counted in a flexible manner.

So for example, if an empty keep is taken it will provide 2 points towards the score, if there was a very small amount of defenders but a big army of attackers, 10 points. If the numbers were even, 20 points. If the keep was taken despite defenders outnumbering attackers, 30 points.

Would that not be nice? A night/morning cap would only tick the points at a very slow rate (as you'd get 20 points from ten keeps until they are flipped again, in contrast to 200 points after a fair fight). That way, keeps and scrolls taken during prime time would be the deciding end score factor.

There is no way to not have a night/morning cap but people would have an incentive to fight actual battles over the keeps and focus on strategic fights instead of capping empty keeps.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    Saw DDK with their pets + Deadroths today again. Was fun to fight. Blue emblems were difficult to find . Some gankers were hiding amongst them, went all a bit chaotic. If I would give it number 1-10, it would be 7. Had to do a reloadui to reset. That is actually working very fine.

We were hiding also:
    5a46b778a40a627e509fbcf83745e946.png
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty dead everything in nearly all campaigns. They will need to come up with a concept to revive cyrodiil.

Blackreach is dead anyway. Ravenwatch is now playground of some players who are partially on last warning before permaban and changed their account name and no one plays any more. No wonder.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gg dead game x_x
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm grateful for starting a new job and other great games coming out. Cyro is just a sandbox of proc sets and arena weapons. Small scale groups of people hopping around and peeing on trees to mark their territory. Came back after a 4 week break and PvP is just completely broken in terms of balance.

I'm not one of those people to say, this game is dead, soon dead for good but if ZOS doesn't come up with ideas soon, they really will have to pull the plug!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade