Trader swap issue - EU server

• FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    also, all these replies stating "ban them", what have you been smoking? You do realise a vast majority of GM's didnt touch the gold right? We should be banned for a f-up on zos part? at least bring something constructive to the table

Really?

So where is this gold?

Do you know exactly how much gold you've been given that you should never have?

Are you 100% prepared to hand it ALL over to ZOS without question or hesitation?

Based on the rampant commodity price inflation in-game I am 100% certain that if you are you are almost certainly alone.

Most of this gold has been spent cleaning out Gold Tempers and relisting them for 10 times what they cost a week ago.

All The Best

A. it is in my guild bank
    B. Yes
    C. Yes
    D. Well, the 25+ GM's and Alliance leaders in Discord have said the same as me, so perhaps chill out

Well have you seen the price increases on a bunch of common expensive products atm? Guess there is kindoff a reason not to be super chill atm.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can this one share a thought and suggestion?

If you have a major system change like this in mind you need to be talking to travellers, or at least some travellers, a long time before it hits Test Tamriel. It is too late then when a whole system already built is concerned.

Before you change the trader time you also need to be talking to the GMs and officers it would affect. It will only make things worse if you change it to when we are at work or asleep.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Santie, do you mean traders? Not sure what you mean by travellers
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »
    also, all these replies stating "ban them", what have you been smoking? You do realise a vast majority of GM's didnt touch the gold right? We should be banned for a f-up on zos part? at least bring something constructive to the table

Really?

So where is this gold?

Are you 100% prepared to hand it ALL over to ZOS without question or hesitation?

Based on the rampant commodity price inflation in-game I am 100% certain that if you are you are almost certainly alone.

Most of this gold has been spent cleaning out Gold Tempers and relisting them for 10 times what they cost a week ago.

All The Best

B. Yes
    C. Yes
    D. Well, the 25+ GM's and Alliance leaders in Discord have said the same as me, so perhaps chill out

Well have you seen the price increases on a bunch of common expensive products atm? Guess there is kindoff a reason not to be super chill atm.

Yes I have, but all this "ban them" spam doesn't serve anything. Yes, ban those few who have spent it and hiked the price up on stuff, but thats really not the majority, as most gm's have a brain and don't want to risk getting banned over this
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dosuul wrote: »
    @ban spammers

You can't ban the guild masters for getting more gold back, since it's not their fault, the system freaked out.

I just hope this Sunday all will be back to normal and live goes on. ;)

Why is it so hard to grasp. We dont want everyone banned? Just the people who exploited it by going onto the markets and buying up all the tempers for example and reselling them for 10x the original price. So, getting the money isnt their fault ofcourse. Then using it for exploiting is their fault tough ;)
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travellers. You call them players. This one does not understand this. Life is not a game no!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

Really?

So where is this gold?

All The Best

B. Yes
    C. Yes

Yes I have, but all this "ban them" spam doesn't serve anything. Yes, ban those few who have spent it and hiked the price up on stuff, but thats really not the majority, as most gm's have a brain and don't want to risk getting banned over this

The point still stands tough. Ban the people who are exploiting this.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your game runs crap with or without add-ons.

Blaming add-ons for ZOS incompetency is just flat out shameful.
    I'm not defending ZOS, but you clearly don't understand that: local machine performance and server performance are not the same thing. Servers are what is in question here, not the local client. Addons are pinging the server for information, what they do to your own computer is irrelevant to the issue at hand.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ban spammers

You can't ban the guild masters for getting more gold back, since it's not their fault, the system freaked out.

Why is it so hard to grasp. We dont want everyone banned? Just the people who exploited it by going onto the markets and buying up all the tempers for example and reselling them for 10x the original price. So, getting the money isnt their fault ofcourse. Then using it for exploiting is their fault tough ;)

Do you honestly think ZOS has the manpower and time to go through all these player histories since the time of the flip and figure out who did what with what money? Cuz if they can't even answer us in a timely way, or fix longstanding issues, what makes you think they could do that? Cuz I don't.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ban spammers

Do you honestly think ZOS has the manpower and time to go through all these player histories since the time of the flip and figure out who did what with what money? Cuz if they can't even answer us in a timely way, or fix longstanding issues, what makes you think they could do that? Cuz I don't.

Well they banned people before that were AP farming. Looking at where they got the AP, and how much they got. So yes, they do have the manpower. I dont care about getting the money out of the system. That option is long gone for some people. But finding out who spend all of the money for personal gain is easy.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ban spammers

Well they banned people before that were AP farming. Looking at where they got the AP, and how much they got. So yes, they do have the manpower. I dont care about getting the money out of the system. That option is long gone for some people. But finding out who spend all of the money for personal gain is easy.

Don’t forget the vAS+2 bans on multiple occasions. People know what they are doing is wrong and should pay the price. The iron price
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone’s patience while we continue investigating the guild trader and multi-bidding issues that recently occurred on the PC EU server. To give everyone an update, the issues impacting the guild traders from this past weekend were ultimately tied to the overall game load and related processing requests. The cause was a high volume of add-on requests, game server requests, and multi-bid process requests all hitting at once.

As a temporary solution, we’ve disabled the guild history API functionality that addons use on the PC NA and EU servers until we have additional safeguards in place. Disabling this functionality is the quickest and least impactful way to effectively adjust the overall load on the game. We’re still working on adding the additional safeguards and once we’ve tested it internally, we’ll determine if it’s something we can hotfix or if we’ll need to add it to an incremental patch. We’re also discussing the possibility of moving when guild trader ownership switches to another time that’s outside of primetime hours, but still during a reasonable time.

As for the excess gold that some guilds received, we’re currently reviewing which guilds and individuals were affected and will be determining an appropriate course of action soon.

We apologize for the trouble and confusion all this has caused, and appreciate your continued patience.

So what exactly is the difference to ANY other time that ZOS ever introduced a patch?

The situation (number of addons, number of players, general server load) sure hasn't changed rapidly within the week before the trader bids. So the only thing lacking is ZOS' ability to adapt to a long known situation. Meaning: Better coding, better server infrastructure.

I hate the fact that they still blame their shortcomings on external circumstances. It's lame and lazy.

(Also it's a meme by now, but why on earth does PCNA never show similar symptoms? They run the same addons, they have a larger player base. etc.)
    Options
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone’s patience while we continue investigating the guild trader and multi-bidding issues that recently occurred on the PC EU server. To give everyone an update, the issues impacting the guild traders from this past weekend were ultimately tied to the overall game load and related processing requests. The cause was a high volume of add-on requests, game server requests, and multi-bid process requests all hitting at once.

As a temporary solution, we’ve disabled the guild history API functionality that addons use on the PC NA and EU servers until we have additional safeguards in place. Disabling this functionality is the quickest and least impactful way to effectively adjust the overall load on the game. We’re still working on adding the additional safeguards and once we’ve tested it internally, we’ll determine if it’s something we can hotfix or if we’ll need to add it to an incremental patch. We’re also discussing the possibility of moving when guild trader ownership switches to another time that’s outside of primetime hours, but still during a reasonable time.

As for the excess gold that some guilds received, we’re currently reviewing which guilds and individuals were affected and will be determining an appropriate course of action soon.

We apologize for the trouble and confusion all this has caused, and appreciate your continued patience.

That's great and all, but could you at least consider disabling it only during primetime instead of completely and for who knows how long, so guilds can continue to operate?
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The massively obvious question is: If guild masters didn't spend anything, why should they be banned? Some GM's maybe also just bought normal items from their own gold e.g. a set armour, 200 potions, 40 gold mats for improvement or whatever... Can ZoS really see the difference between them well enough?

Plenty of other questions exist though:

- Even if gold is removed, what will happen to the current store locations? Many guilds including won their spot fair but did not receive it due to the same bug
    - What will happen about the gold that SHOULD have been returned from lost bids but was not? Some guilds received NO return at all despite losing their bid, including rich guilds who will lose huge amounts of gold, or poor guilds who lose ALL their small gold.
    - What about the gold that is 'normally' returned from lost bids - How will this be tracked since different guilds got different returns? Again, huge risk guilds lose the gold they bid entirely, at no fault of theirs
    - Will this just happen again next week? The measures put in don't exactly seem to be on the way to fixing anything
    - Many guilds store gold on a character no their guild, for risk of mistyping a 0 at end of their bid and costing hundreds of millions... Two questions here... Does this actually matter? Can zos make undoing bids possible?

That's just for starters and I didn't even think about questions
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭

p.s. You've also completely avoided to address the point where many guilds have technically won their bid, but ended up without a trader for this week. What will you do about the lost gold from the bid and the frustration for our guild members who can't sell anything for a week?
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    The massively obvious question is: If guild masters didn't spend anything, why should they be banned? Some GM's maybe also just bought normal items from their own gold e.g. a set armour, 200 potions, 40 gold mats for improvement or whatever... Can ZoS really see the difference between them well enough?

- Even if gold is removed, what will happen to the current store locations? Many guilds including won their spot fair but did not receive it due to the same bug
    - What will happen about the gold that SHOULD have been returned from lost bids but was not? Some guilds received NO return at all despite losing their bid, including rich guilds who will lose huge amounts of gold, or poor guilds who lose ALL their small gold.
    - What about the gold that is 'normally' returned from lost bids - How will this be tracked since different guilds got different returns? Again, huge risk guilds lose the gold they bid entirely, at no fault of theirs
    - Will this just happen again next week? The measures put in don't exactly seem to be on the way to fixing anything
    - Many guilds store gold on a character no their guild, for risk of mistyping a 0 at end of their bid and costing hundreds of millions... Two questions here... Does this actually matter? Can zos make undoing bids possible?

Well I hope I dont have to explain you that you can see the difference between spending a mil or 2, or spending 20 mil in 2 days right? You can see the amount of money they had after the "exploit" and see if they still have that amount of cash.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭

I second all of these. Especially the point about what is being done before Sunday to make sure this doesnt happen again.

I would also like to know why this didn't happen to NA? I was there and everything seemed to go just perfectly, even though they have a larger player base, so surely they have more server pings than we do? That to me would suggest EU server problems rather than Addon problems
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • Malingeus
    Malingeus
    ✭✭
    ...And not a word about unplayable Cyrodiil...
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno What about Donations from Guildess that did nothing wrong? Is their hard earned Gold that they chose to donate to Guilds gone aswell?
    While well intended your post rose a bit of Panic in alot of People...
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where exactly did the suspected exploiters buy the sought-after items? There are literally a handful of trading guilds that managed to get a spot this week. All the other trader kiosks are taken up by guilds with nothing to sell...
    Options
  • JasmineMcCoy
    JasmineMcCoy
    ✭✭

I don't really see the problem. Retrieve the gold given in excess from the guild. Is there enough? If yes, good, move on. If the GM spent the money for the next bid on something, that's their own problem. Not enough gold in the guild? Check who took it. Do they still have it? If yes, remove it. If not, because they went on a huge shopping spree, ban the account, maybe empty the guild vault or something and move on. There can't be that many people who received billions of gold back and spent it anyway.
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't really see the problem. Retrieve the gold given in excess from the guild. Is there enough? If yes, good, move on. If the GM spent the money for the next bid on something, that's their own problem. Not enough gold in the guild? Check who took it. Do they still have it? If yes, remove it. If not, because they went on a huge shopping spree, ban the account, maybe empty the guild vault or something and move on. There can't be that many people who received billions of gold back and spent it anyway.

See, its not that hard. Does it fix the whole issue no. But this atleast gets rid of the people who are trying to exploit this stuff.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • jetplane_18
    jetplane_18
    ✭✭✭
    Back when Dragon Bones dropped and xp earning rates were broken, they banned the cp exploiters for a week and took away the xp they earned so I would definitely expect all the gold removed and at least a week-long temporary ban. It's only logical, no?
    Options
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ban them from ever trading again
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Who? All people who bid in the Week prior?
    All the people who get gold they didnt ask for?
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Please explain to me why everyone is putting other players on the hook instead of who is *truly at fault* [read: ZOS]. It seems to me the braver thing to do is to address ZOS and demand answers. Blame who caused this, and stop trying to punish one another until they tell us what they are going to be doing, and if true to form, I'm sure they do not care what our opinion is ANYWAY.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shamisa_En wrote: »
    Trolling with ban comments sure is weird way to show appreciation for players who dedicate much of their time and resources to manage in-game communities.

Whether we received extra gold or not wasn't up to us players.

Cheers.

But whether guild leaderships held on to it, knowing it was extra and would likely be removed given the obvious chaos in trader listings, and used it to fix the market and con the rest of the playerbase so as to make a quick buck in the hope they'd get away with it most definitely was up to the players. Not all players by any means, but some - and even one would be too many and an abuse of the playerbase. Those players should be dealt with appropriately.
    Options
  • Amarlado
    Amarlado
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to impress upon the devs how important Master Merchant, and the guild sales history is, to everyone who trades in this game. Which is a huge number of people, by the way! That's why you have so many requests for guild sales data. Yes, there are those who would love to see MM die, but they are the vast, vast minority.

Additionally, many guilds use MM data/guild sales history data to determine if guild sales minimums have been met for the week.

This should be, and should have been this entire time, a high priority item for fixing on your lists. This is, at this point, vital functionality to this game.
    Options
  • Malingeus
    Malingeus
    ✭✭
    Why should people be banned, that are victims? They did not actively do anything to get the extra refund.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?

So where is this gold?

All The Best

B. Yes
    C. Yes

I'd hope that some of them might even know the difference between right and wrong...

It's insulting to suggest that the only reason some GMs didn't exploit is because they didn't want to risk getting banned over it.
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarlado wrote: »
    I just want to impress upon the devs how important Master Merchant, and the guild sales history is, to everyone who trades in this game. Which is a huge number of people, by the way! That's why you have so many requests for guild sales data. Yes, there are those who would love to see MM die, but they are the vast, vast minority.

Additionally, many guilds use MM data/guild sales history data to determine if guild sales minimums have been met for the week.

This should be, and should have been this entire time, a high priority item for fixing on your lists. This is, at this point, vital functionality to this game.

If only there was a global wide built in pricing guide 🤔
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options