The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Problem

• ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »
    ethernut60 wrote: »
    Thank you for making a bad client worse!!! Today's patch added no fps improvement but rather added a horrible screen flicker with entire objects flickering on and off.

EDIT: Turning off vSync, Anti-Aliasing, and Ambient Occlusion got rid of the flicker. Dropping the resolution from 1680x1050 to 1440x900 reduced the stutter to something tolerable. FPS is still only around 20 at best. Same hardware running Windows 10 at 1680x1050 high resolution averages 40fps and is butter smooth with vSync, Anti-Aliasing and SSAO.

I honestly do not get why you are posting in a Mac thread. We are talking about Mac issues, and obviously, the Mac problem has been addressed. If you have a Windows problem, please post in the appropriate forum and stop confusing everyone.

C.

Carmina, ethernut was talking about two computers - the problem is on their Mac while the same game running on their WIndows PC is fine.

I am also seeing horrific screen flicker in my Mac game as well, this morning. It is as if multiple environments are competing for the same screen space - similar to the snow flickering on the roofs in Windhelm. I normally play in fullscreen mode since I can’t stand that white menu bar across the top while playing. Playing in windowed fullscreen (the default setting since last week’s patch, which I’m not happy about) removes the flicker. Running through Daggerfall (where my FPS always drops) is showing improved FPS overall, but a lot of stuttering.

So ZOS, I have a request: if playing the game in windowed fullscreen mode is the way to go, please make it so that menu bar is dark/black when the system OS is in Dark Mode. Thank you very much.

But I would like to go back to fullscreen mode the way it was before Summerset . . .

Actually, talking about 1 computer and 2 different OS's/clients on that 1 computer.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to move from PS4 to Mac as when I tested Morrowind/Summerset it ran beautifully on my 2017 iMac.

I reinstalled but the game wouldn't run unless I upgraded the operating system... hmmm

Well seeing as I use my Mac for work and everything is working just fine I will not be upgrading as I can't risk my programs suddenly having issues.

I guess I was right to not upgrade as the game is so broken on Mojave anyway??

I do wonder about ZOS sometimes..

Having played Red Dead Redemption for the past week or so I realised how well a game should run.. I know its single player and not online, but over the past year or so I've become more and more angry with ESO and somewhat depressed about the state of our game.
    I didn't realise how much it had been affecting me until I played another game.

Sooo I dont know what to say, will ZOS ever get their act together, will they keep pushing crown store items on us whilst leaving the performance issues seemingly untouched, do I even care anymore..

ZOS you are beginning to head towards the EA (Mass Effect Andromeda) level of gaming company and that is really sad to see.

We need our gaming companies to be champions of gaming culture and give back to the communities who have helped to grow and nourish them into the entertainment giants that they have become.

We need for you to be as supportive of us as we are of you and to put resources and time into giving the best services and experiences you can.

You kind of owe us..

Whilst we are unaware of the business practices and decisions that define ZOS as a business it has become clear from the messages on this forum that you need to shake things up a bit.. maybe you have become too comfortable.. maybe you are fatigued from working on the same game for so long, maybe you lack strong leadership and direction..

Who knows.. but all I can say is that we need for you to be better, in every way.

Edited by moonio on 13 November 2018 15:28
  • otab
    otab
    ✭✭
    I saw zero improvement this morning for frame rate. Still in the teens in Deshaan and Alinor, and stutters nauseatingly. I also get the horrible flicker in fullscreen, which is new.

And, now the client crashes every time I close the game.

Went from bad to worse, as far as I'm concerned.
    I perform unspeakable acts on innocent source code.
  • speedking79
    I have absolutely the same issues here!!! Game was fine yesterday! I am so angry. First I can't play It on my Mac and now on my new Mac I can't play it also. What is this??

otab wrote: »
    I saw zero improvement this morning for frame rate. Still in the teens in Deshaan and Alinor, and stutters nauseatingly. I also get the horrible flicker in fullscreen, which is new.

• Wodinn
    Wodinn
    ✭✭✭
    An update on my situation. As a quick summary, I'm on a baseline iMac Pro and my problems started with Summerset. As others have stated, my fps personally seems to have returned to normal. I also was getting the screen tearing issues. turning off vert sync helped with that. It's not optimal, but it's PLAYABLE.

One thing I noticed that I wanted to bring up, that I found interesting. I think there is a new Ambient Occlusion setting that is HBAO or something like that. There were two options for this. I bring this up because it said this one cost more recourses to use, but had better results. I choose to use it rather than the one it defaults too. I cannot remember what it was, started with an A. But my performance seems to stay at around 40+fps. Again it's not optimal, but it's playable. So, for what it's worth there is that.

I would like to use vert sync though.

Edit: I completely forgot about something. I wanted to make sure I said I was having the same problem with the screen flickering. As soon as I got to the character screen, some of the graphics were flickering in and out. When I tried to put the graphics on Ultra-High. The screen tearing and graphic glitches were terrible. I almost got nauseous.
    Edited by Wodinn on 13 November 2018 17:03
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    In Alinor I get 25-30fps and sometimes glitches when I run accross city. In other places 30-40fps. But this is with high settings (low shadows and no Ambient oclusion, and only grass and bloom is on). Game is now playible but still moving a mouse I can see some lag in re-drawing world, sometimes glitches.
    Previously I had 40+fps stable.

Also game crashes once I quit. But we will enforce fixing it by sending reports to apple :)

Hopefully devs wont stop here and will improve it more...
    Edited by Puodas on 13 November 2018 17:19
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭

Try turning off v-sync to ged rid of flicker
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs in the code
    Take one down, patch it around
    117 little bugs in the code
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    Very little improvement in frame rate, maybe 10 fps or so.. and now textures seems blurred, not crisp and sharp as before. Did they lower the quality to try to coax a bit more out of a *** implementation? Then there's the flickering.. yes, it goes away in windowed mode or without vsync but it feels choppy and almost makes me sick ;p

• HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    I got a slight improvement in the FPS in the Vivec City market. Before the patch, it was in the 12-17 fps range, and now it's around 18-26 fps. Still about 10fps below what it's been since Summerset (and maybe 20 fps below what it was before Summerset), but it's better.

I haven't seen any of the other issues reported, but I haven't had time to play much yet (and may not for a couple of days) so I can't say for sure.
    Censored
  • elgirth
    elgirth

Same here. No FPS improvement WHATSOEVER and the game actually got worse when I tried my pre Murkmire setting of Ultra High with full screen glitching/flickering out excessively. It is worse trying to play the game now than before. Absolutely terrible. Frame rate still a strong 1-20 and graphics seem like they got worse as well. Tried boot camping windows to see if that would help but of course boot camp seems to not be working for me either. Tried many supposed fixes but to no avail....FML
  • ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    elgirth wrote: »

Same here. No FPS improvement WHATSOEVER and the game actually got worse when I tried my pre Murkmire setting of Ultra High with full screen glitching/flickering out excessively. It is worse trying to play the game now than before. Absolutely terrible. Frame rate still a strong 1-20 and graphics seem like they got worse as well. Tried boot camping windows to see if that would help but of course boot camp seems to not be working for me either. Tried many supposed fixes but to no avail....FML

A new Boot Camp install or a previous one? If you have upgraded macOS since the initial install of Boot Camp, you may need to update your Windows Support Software - launch Boot Camp then Action -> Download Windows Support Software and save it to a drive that your Windows OS will have access to. Reboot to Boot Camp and run the setup program in the folder you just downloaded.
  • elgirth
    elgirth

A new Boot Camp install or a previous one? If you have upgraded macOS since the initial install of Boot Camp, you may need to update your Windows Support Software - launch Boot Camp then Action -> Download Windows Support Software and save it to a drive that your Windows OS will have access to. Reboot to Boot Camp and run the setup program in the folder you just downloaded.

I previously had Boot Camp on my mac and it installed and ran perfectly on its first try but the hard drive crashed about 2 months ago and I had to get a new one. They recovered everything but boot camp was no longer installed and since then I have been receiving a "Disk Could Not Be Partitioned" error when I try to partition. It seems to be a somewhat common issues unfortunately and many recommendations to fix but none have worked for me yet. I appreciate your feedback on this. I gave up after about 5 different tries but there are several more I have not tried, I just got frustrated after so many attempts failing.
  • ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    I guess I could give Blizzard my $15/month. I don't particularly like throwing away all previous work and starting over with each new expansion, but at least they know how to code on Metal.
  • SukeyRH
    SukeyRH
    Soul Shriven
    I only started playing ESO a few months ago, and it played fine until the Murkmire patch came out. After that, all I could really do was gather. I could do dolmen to at least get my event tickets, but was painful. I did that through most of the event, then just went down to doing my crafting dailies on 4 toons and log off. Sad, since that event was my first ESO event. All it did was get worse and make me sick. My fps was anywhere between 2-30, and often got lag spikes 999+.

With this latest patch, my fps is much better. I was averaging between 30-50 fps in Alinor. However, I am still getting large lag spikes which are making me sick.

Right before this all started I was going to sub for 6 months, but now II am considering cancelling my monthly sub. For weeks I have been paying for a game that I have not really been able to play. Even if I do stay, I doubt I will ever do a long term sub. I can't trust zos to fix the problems in a timely matter, or at least be professional and stop treating Mac users like their problems don't matter just because they are a minority. I have far more respect for a company that keeps me informed as they are trying to fix the problem even if the fix is going to take a while.
  • otab
    otab
    ✭✭
    Puodas wrote: »

Try turning off v-sync to ged rid of flicker

Turning off v-sync had no effect on the flicker. Switching from fullscreen to windowed-fullscreen does, however, get rid of the flicker.

Still horrible frame rate, though.

Same settings pre-crapmire had frame rates in the 50-60 range. Now it's 10-25 in most scenarios.
    I perform unspeakable acts on innocent source code.
  • Cathrisa
    Cathrisa
    Soul Shriven
    Just my feedback running on MacOS Mojave, and a Mac with an AMD RX580 graphics with the new patch level as of today:

Graphics performance (FPS) is quite nice again for me, actually much better than I thought possible starting from a rather desperate situation after the Murkmire release. So from my side a "well done". I haven't noted down pre-Murkmire values, but I'd say this is as before, maybe even better sometimes.
    It seems to me that switching between virtual desktops (using "Mission Control") leads to crashes sometimes. Most of the time it is working though.

• ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭

I previously had Boot Camp on my mac and it installed and ran perfectly on its first try but the hard drive crashed about 2 months ago and I had to get a new one. They recovered everything but boot camp was no longer installed and since then I have been receiving a "Disk Could Not Be Partitioned" error when I try to partition. It seems to be a somewhat common issues unfortunately and many recommendations to fix but none have worked for me yet. I appreciate your feedback on this. I gave up after about 5 different tries but there are several more I have not tried, I just got frustrated after so many attempts failing.

Are you using Time Machine and AFS? If so, try removing your local snapshots:
    1. Open a terminal
    2. sudo tmutil thinlocalsnapshots / 999999999999

This will remove all the Time Machine local snapshots. You won't lose any backups, they will just take awhile to rebuild the inventory the next time you enter time machine.

If that doesn't work, then try turning off FileVault. This will take awhile as it will have to decrypt your drive.

After installing Boot Camp, you will have to use the Option (Alt) key option to switch between Wimdows and macOS when rebooting/starting as Windows cannot see the AFS volume.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my fps shot up to 50 in VG. Ran around, trained horse, went to the bank and around crafting stations.
    Solid 45-50 fps so this latest patch did help me.

I did get the crash on exit though.
    Pasting the first part of the crash report:

Process: eso [3338]
    Path: /Applications/Zenimax Online/*/eso.app/Contents/MacOS/eso
    Identifier: com.zenimaxonline.eso
    Version: 1.0.0 (1.0.0)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [3333]
    Responsible: eso [3338]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-11-13 17:31:00.619 -0600
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: 60204AD4-0A30-AC4A-91E3-AAB0B209151F

Time Awake Since Boot: 34000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010c52a1a7 MVKDescriptorPool::~MVKDescriptorPool() + 39
    1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cce746d ZoRenderDeviceVk::DestroyDescriptorPool(VkDescriptorPool_T*&) const + 31
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cce1e42 ZoRenderContextVk::~ZoRenderContextVk() + 204
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cce1f44 ZoRenderContextVk::~ZoRenderContextVk() + 14
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cc911df ZoRenderDevice::Destroy() + 79
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cce64a6 ZoRenderDeviceVk::Destroy() + 38
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cce4457 ZoRenderDeviceVk::~ZoRenderDeviceVk() + 29
    7 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cce46c4 ZoRenderDeviceVk::~ZoRenderDeviceVk() + 14
    8 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cca35ec ZoRenderManager::~ZoRenderManager() + 1376
    9 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010cca2c2c ZoRenderManager::Destroy() + 26
    10 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010b9b75d7 EsoClient_Terminate() + 118
    11 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010b0bd571 -[GameClient mainLoop] + 97
    12 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010b0bd456 -[GameClient applicationDidFinishLaunching:] + 668
    13 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff5046fedc __CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER__ + 12
    14 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff5046fdaa _CFXRegistrationPost + 458
    15 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff5046fae1 ___CFXNotificationPost_block_invoke + 225
    16 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff5042d880 -[_CFXNotificationRegistrar find:object:observer:enumerator:] + 1664
    17 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff5042c9b7 _CFXNotificationPost + 599
    18 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff5253c8c7 -[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 66
    19 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4db28206 -[NSApplication _postDidFinishNotification] + 313
    20 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4db27e4f -[NSApplication _sendFinishLaunchingNotification] + 220
    21 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4d9faab3 -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleAEOpenEvent:] + 562
    22 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4d9fa6e9 -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleCoreEvent:withReplyEvent:] + 690
    23 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff5257f714 -[NSAppleEventManager dispatchRawAppleEvent:withRawReply:handlerRefCon:] + 287
    24 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff5257f592 _NSAppleEventManagerGenericHandler + 102
    25 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff51558dd0 aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned int, unsigned char*) + 1788
    26 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff51558677 dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*) + 41
    27 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff51558565 aeProcessAppleEvent + 383
    28 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff4f7544a0 AEProcessAppleEvent + 55
    29 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4d9f5d32 _DPSNextEvent + 2788
    30 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4e18be34 -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 3044
    31 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff4d9ea885 -[NSApplication run] + 764
    32 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010b0beebf main + 200
    33 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff78293015 start + 1
  • yacoob
    yacoob
    ✭✭
    OK, my part of the report. As of 4.2.8:
    - uptick in FPS - I've only started playing last week, already affected by the poor performance, so I can't compare it to 4.2.6 performance, but I do get 30-40fps in Vulkhel Guard (with decent amount of players around me, dueling and whatnot), compared to 15-25fps on 4.2.7.
    - heavy z-fighting (flickering - looks like z-fighting, eg. things behind walls suddenly flashing to the top of the view :) with vsync on
    - game crashes on exit, always - after a moment of black screen with the game cursor still on
    - game starts in windowed mode, always. What's worse, I can't press cmd-enter to switch it to full screen - all it does is switch between small and big size of the window

This is with 4.2GHz i7, 40 GB of RAM and Radeon Pro 580, 2560x1440 resolution. I think I'd expect slightly higher fps count; WoW pulls ~35fps consistently in a crowded place, but push 4 times as many pixels, that is 5120x2880 :) Unless both games use different terms and treat hidpi display the same way :D

tl;dr: More FPS is nice. Thanks a lot for your work. Can we also have the annoyances fixed now? :D
  • dm_critic
    dm_critic
    ✭✭
    Are you using Time Machine and AFS? If so, try removing your local snapshots:
    1. Open a terminal
    2. sudo tmutil thinlocalsnapshots / 999999999999

This will remove all the Time Machine local snapshots. You won't lose any backups, they will just take awhile to rebuild the inventory the next time you enter time machine.

If that doesn't work, then try turning off FileVault. This will take awhile as it will have to decrypt your drive.

After installing Boot Camp, you will have to use the Option (Alt) key option to switch between Wimdows and macOS when rebooting/starting as Windows cannot see the AFS volume.

Also, if you're on an iMac with a 3GB Fusion Drive, then you won't be able to reinstall Boot Camp on the internal drive after upgrading to Mojave. There's documentation out there on making a Windows portable USB installer (i.e. a full Windows install that runs from a USB drive) so you can put it on an external drive (which is what I had to do).
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta say I'm disappointed in today's fix. FPS is still very low, 15-29 FPS in Rawl'ka. Was 45+ pre murkmire.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    ISSUES AS OF TODAY

1. FRAME RATE — Frame rate is not much improved for me. Seeing between 20–30 fps, which is up from 15–25 fps. It seems like the Distance setting no longer impacts performance very much, which is probably a side effect of Metal/Vulcan.

2. GRAPHICAL GLITCHES — Switching the distance setting glitches out the geometry for a moment, causing all sorts of weird things to momentary appear around me and then suddenly disappear, as if the rendering engine is shuffling things around in space, making them appear close for a frame before moving them to their proper position.

3. WINDOWED FULLSCREEN — If I use Command-F to move from full screen to windowed fullscreen so I can move my cursor to the second monitor to do things like type this posting, the game refuses to respond to any type of keyboard input. I cannot move, I cannot hit the period key to release the cursor, I cannot type M to pull up the map, I cannot type I to bring up inventory. The game is unusable. However, if I pull the map up first using M or the inventory using I while in fullscreen, *THEN* switch to windowed fullscreen with Command-F, everything is fine. This is extra step should not be necessary and the game needs to be fixed.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major improvement (though still far below OpenGL) for me, on 27" iMac, mid-2015, AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB, Mojave.

FPS is up to 30-50, at high res but everything turned off except grass and low-quality shadows.

However, I'm having world rez problems. Mounts don't show up until some time into a ride, grass sometimes takes until I'm in a chunk to appear, walls and floors don't always rez. Most annoyingly, NPCs don't always show up and quest markers aren't always visible. Stopping and /reloadui fixes it, but that takes so long.

Having to fullscreen in settings before loading a character gets old fast. Cmd-F works fine, except the window is resized to small size & weird proportions. Surely you can fix that to leave it maximized.

Haven't seen any texture bugs yet, but it hasn't rained anywhere I am, and I don't visit Dungmire.

6/10.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested, no improvement whatsoever. This patch not improve or fix anything.
  • tralmekub17_ESO
    2017 iMac 27" base specs, except 40GB of RAM. Running Mojave.

Prior to the October patch, I was getting a fairly solid 40 FPS (+/- 10) with all settings maxed.
    After the October patch, I was getting at-best 12 FPS, typically 6-8.
    Following today's patch, there was a minor improvement to 12-20 FPS.

Still averaging less than 1/2 of what I used to get, but this patch was a noticeable improvement. The game is no longer a slideshow, more akin to a mutoscope now!
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    So it seems things are better.

I now get 30fps with decent settings (again, 3840x1600 resolution, so pretty darn huge). Still, pre-MM I got 30fps with much higher settings, so there is an improvement, but not huge.
    What really sucks is the windowed-mode. In fullscreen-mode, VSync is unusable, since it will result in the flickering. And, as many people described before, tabbing out of the game is impossible, which sucks. If you still do it, it will reduce to a small window and mess up all the addons. So no good.
    Been playing in windowed-fullscreen, which results in a bright grey line on top of the screen and the dock being visible at the bottom. Not nice.

It just feels like half the game it was before. Which is a pity, because it was a pretty good one. Now it is actually a pretty bad one.

Bottomline:

Get rid of the graphics crap
    Bring back Fullscreen with tabbing and all that
    START TALKING TO PEOPLE! Gina Bruno sucks, OK, she had trouble with Twitter, but leaving the community alone, while being community manager is actually a reason to fire her, sexual harassment yes or no. She is not doing her job. End of story.

C.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch fixed nothing about the FPS and broke new things. This is just hilarious now. I'm so glad I cancelled my sub. It's gonna be months before the mac client is back to what ti was pre-murkmire. Or, it never will be and we'll just have to accept a deprecated mac client.

also improvements are not fixes, so if people could stop settling for SLIGHT improvements and taking responsibility away from ZOS, that would be great.
    Edited by JJBoomer on 14 November 2018 12:11
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    U
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    This patch fixed nothing about the FPS and broke new things. This is just hilarious now. I'm so glad I cancelled my sub. It's gonna be months before the mac client is back to what ti was pre-murkmire. Or, it never will be and we'll just have to accept a deprecated mac client.

also improvements are not fixes, so if people could stop settling for SLIGHT improvements and taking responsibility away from ZOS, that would be great.

Also cancelled my sub
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    MORNING UPDATE

Fired up the launcher and launched the game.

It appeared as a tiny micro-window in the middle of my monitor, as if it was presenting for 640x480 or something. Very strange, considering I last left the game in full screen mode last night.

So, I scaled the window back up to fill the screen, other than the dock, and logged into ESO and the client hung. The logo stopped spinning after a minute and I gave it another two full minutes to finish with no completion. I told the application to stop from the dock and got a crash screen from the app.

Fired up the application again, it finally loaded after two full minutes (way, way, way too long), and I was able to log into a character. My hireling emails and daily reward were not quite ready yet, but this was just a test, so fine. Again, seeing FPS between 8 and 30, depending upon where I turn my camera.

When I quit the game, I got another crash screen. Great code there, guys.