Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If PVP was sent to Maintenance Mode?

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not. Done nearly everything in the game baring one or two tedious HMs and the two newest trials. The people I play with dont really play anymore either except for pvp.

We'd probably play when the new dungeons get here but other than that. Meh. I would play more if they actually cared about pvp.

"buhhh they change infinite sustain which hurt pve, they nerf pve because of pvp".

1) They nerf things a lot in PvE because they dont want you too have absurd dps and finish content too quickly.
    2) A vast majority of the broken things in PvP are actually PvE related in the sense that ZoS wont balance those things because The majority of PvE players would whine. Hei Templars, Hei Sorcerers!
    3) If they really did care, they wouldnt leave PvP in the sorry state that its been in for a while. It was actually ok with the "infinite sustain" because at least then people with obnoxious builds could still be dealt with. Now they're everywhere. Stun city everyone lets go!

Now if they actually cared then well we'd have seperate balance for both. Neither side would be hurt by changes too the respective areas and we could actually unite and force them to do something about the servers. But nah lets just hate on PvPers because we're smaller and an easier target. Woohoo!

*sigh*
    Edited by xeNNNNN on 17 January 2018 13:14
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    No need to start a 'war' between pvp and pve players

I agree, we need to focus on the real enemy,... ZOS :p
    SnTRr3C.jpg
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I wouldn't play at all.

Skills should be balanced around PvP as that is where they are going head to head against each other. As that gets balanced; PvE content can be adjusted to match the power level of the players to the intended difficulty. And a lot of nerfs are not just for PvP and are because they are finding the intended difficulty not where they want it to be; so to think if there was no PvP there would be no nerfs would be completely wrong.

That said; I do they go too far sometimes in HOW they go about balancing things. The current change to the destro ult is probably not what is needed.
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    PvP vs PvE is a trick by the Illuminati to divide and conquer.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about a baiting thread.
    As a big bad toxic PvP player I am confused why it is angelic PvE player always starts the crap.

This.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    except the ''pve is nerfed because of pvp'' thing is a huge lie.
    PvE is already getting most of the attention, like it or not.

When they inevitably nerf the crap out of the new Zaan Monster Set because of PvP I'll get back to you.

Also,

giphy.gif

So they should nerf it. A monster set pulling 4k dps on its own is far too strong.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty of [snip] that goes both directions, so it's not exclusive to either side.

If you decide to get tunnel vision, in that regard, then sure yours is always the unbiased side that gets picked on. (Pretty sure that's exactly how bias works...)

The point most miss, is that the one should not affect the other in any significant fashion, the exception to that, being in IC, since there are aspect s of both present there.

Devs could separate the balance between the two with relative ease (programmatically speaking, anyway). Two different CP loadouts (what the start do, not just which ones you pick), even separate skill/gear tooltips.

It would double the number of items in the lookup tables, but PvE would never again affect PvP and vice versa.

EDIT: Lots of people actually enjoy both sets of content. I'm fairly sure that does not obligate them to hate themselves in the process.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on 17 January 2018 19:37
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look what you’ve done, OP!

200.gif

tumblr_msb546Jj2g1sf68hzo1_250.gif
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean: maintenance mode = fix the lag, yes, for sure...I'd play even more PvP...
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would that mean we could enjoy IC content without being steamrolled every 5 minutes? Count me in. I might actually include that DLC into my daily routine.

As for the opposite, pausing PvE development and focusing on PvP for a while? Cool with that. I have several years of PvE content still to go so I probably wouldn't even notice they were not releasing new stuff :tongue:
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITT: OP makes toxic statements about a portion of the community while talking about reducing toxicity
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    except the ''pve is nerfed because of pvp'' thing is a huge lie.
    PvE is already getting most of the attention, like it or not.

When they inevitably nerf the crap out of the new Zaan Monster Set because of PvP I'll get back to you.

Also,

giphy.gif

IF you want a pure pve game, there are tons of those out there ,nobody forces you to play ESO.

Tons? I doubt there are five top tier AAA PVE only MMO’s

Depends on what you think is top tier,

To me, If I want a grindfest pve experience like ESO, I would play the crap out of warframe, which offers much more fun and diversity, a f2p game that manages to be better than destiny. AAA means nothing, your taste does.

then why am I playing eso? because eso offers a unique PvP experience. something that those pve based mmos failed at and thats why Im not playing one of those games either.

If this game had more stuff like vMA, vDSA etc, I would play pve a lot more. I just don't enjoy ''do X dps in Y seconds or you all wiped'' type of gameplay. I actually enjoy pve when it forces you to actively dodge, position, think about your actions, instead of measuring your button mashing skills.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on 17 January 2018 17:11
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    As the title says, If PvP was now in maintenance mode, so that all development was PVE, would you still play?

We would not only play, we'd, even more so, take over all your popular gathering places with dueling.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Dojohoda on 17 January 2018 18:02
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--