Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

If PVP was sent to Maintenance Mode?

Graydon
Graydon
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, If PvP was now in maintenance mode, so that all development was PVE, would you still play?

Classes would no longer buffed or nerfed because of PVP “balance”.

All resources on PVE could be a create innovative game design and top not stories and game play.

If anything - Forums would for sure become less toxic as PVP dwindles.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    040c7228187143e264bb5d8fe1c9005dfb4310694e5c88bf883f0481650f4f95.jpg

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    except the ''pve is nerfed because of pvp'' thing is a huge lie.
    PvE is already getting most of the attention, like it or not.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on 17 January 2018 00:45
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol about less toxic but yes I’d play.

I think my % of time in PvE is 99.8% since closed beta on both PC and then now on Xbox one
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they inevitably nerf the crap out of the new Zaan Monster Set because of PvP I'll get back to you.

Also,

giphy.gif
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one wat to get people on battlefields .. Yes I'd play .
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

When they inevitably nerf the crap out of the new Zaan Monster Set because of PvP I'll get back to you.

Also,

giphy.gif

except the set absolutely overperforms even on stamina toons.
    When something clearly overperforms, you don't buff everything else, you nerf that one thing so everything is in line.
    Of course there is always room for intended imbalances but zaan is problematic in the same way soul assault is problematic, but except soul assaul is an ultimate ability,which is supposed to be strong.
    And nitpicking one example doesnt really mean anything, really.

The fact is that you carebears and your non-stop cryings about PvP and acting like pve caused absolutely no issues , disgusts me.
    IF you want a pure pve game, there are tons of those out there ,nobody forces you to play ESO.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on 17 January 2018 01:36
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    As the title says, If PvP was now in maintenance mode, so that all development was PVE, would you still play?

All resources on PVE could be a create innovative game design and top not stories and game play.

Do you not realize the biggest nerfs to the game were because players were so quickly defeating vet content after release? They actually came out and said the sustain changes were made because the game (PvE) was going a direction they had not intended. That is not the only change made to the game because of PvE but was by far the one that had biggest impact on both PvE and PvP.

And most the toxicity in the forums is found in Auction House and account wide achievement threads.

And one more edit. The people that work on game design are not the same people that work with troubleshooting PvP and PvE.
    Edited by kargen27 on 17 January 2018 01:38
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the war ends but what about us who lived in Cyro for 4 years? Think we will just retire no way.

Zos will give us the opportunity to hunt pve players who steal, murder, and are bot farmers for rewards.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say something about the way ZOS balances for PVE, but really, this thread is all about the:
    guaranteed-replies-18577907.png
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about a baiting thread.
    As a big bad toxic PvP player I am confused why it is angelic PvE player always starts the crap.
    Edited by TequilaFire on 17 January 2018 03:08
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf wardens. Their PvP is strong.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll take the bait

Pve is just as toxic with the elites
    Nerfs would still happen bc dps is to high or low on skills
    Sets would be nerf bc everyone uses them(BSW)

Making this game just pve would do nothing about the nerfs you think is just about pvp(it’s not)

Already a ton of pve quest dlc and dungeons that come out all the time so not sure about ur complaints there.

• Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my. Incoming ESO Forums Warfare.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also,

giphy.gif

IF you want a pure pve game, there are tons of those out there ,nobody forces you to play ESO.

Tons? I doubt there are five top tier AAA PVE only MMO’s
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck yeah.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on 22 September 2018 19:35
  • HorizonPK
    HorizonPK
    ✭✭

Also,

giphy.gif

that set adds 5-7k DPS even on stam toons, its gonna get nerfed regardless of PvE and PvP rofl, if anything its actually far more broken in terms of PvE than PvP.

I tried zaan on a PvE stam dk, got a 45k parse first try using NMG/VO.
    Edited by HorizonPK on 17 January 2018 09:07
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, there’s people who enjoy PvE and PvP.

They certainly won’t put PvP into maintenance mode.

Baity thread is baity.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to start a 'war' between pvp and pve players
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When something clearly overperforms, you don't buff everything else, you nerf that one thing so everything is in line.
    Of course there is always room for intended imbalances but zaan is problematic in the same way soul assault is problematic, but except soul assaul is an ultimate ability,which is supposed to be strong.

The fact is that you carebears and your non-stop cryings about PvP and acting like pve caused absolutely no issues , disgusts me.

Disgust is such a harsh word. :'(

PvE cries because PvP cries. It's a never ending cycle of crying. But believe whatever you want, PvE always struggles and has to deal every time PvPlayers complain about something being too much in Cyrodiil. ONE proc set was the menace in PvP, Vipers Sting. Everyone was hating how much damage that set was doing, so ZOS went and made every single Proc set unable to Crit. You lot got your nerfed Vipers, but PvE suffered for it. The same exact crap is going to happen again. ZOS tries to give us a really decent Single Target DPS set but "ohmigawd it's too much in PvP", so ZOS will change it for the worse and it'll just become yet another set that PvE players will have no practical use for in End-Game.

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Graydon wrote: »

Do you not realize the biggest nerfs to the game were because players were so quickly defeating vet content after release? They actually came out and said the sustain changes were made because the game (PvE) was going a direction they had not intended. That is not the only change made to the game because of PvE but was by far the one that had biggest impact on both PvE and PvP.

And most the toxicity in the forums is found in Auction House and account wide achievement threads.

And one more edit. The people that work on game design are not the same people that work with troubleshooting PvP and PvE.

Agree. When players soloed Molag Bal in IC sewers and devs even on ESO live admitted that it's not intended and implemented nerfs, and yet PvP players were blamed for those nerfs.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asks yes/no question, doesn't add a poll. :confused:

I'm looking for the 'sub cancelled, wouldn't play again' button.

But yes, it's yet another post from somebody who hasn't the slightest clue about what balance is and why it is a good thing to have.

I see sooo many PVEers here complain about nerfs (cus of PVP in their mind) - which must stand to reason that they believe that stuff should never be nerfed for PVE reasons...
    But if stuff never gets nerfed, i creates obvious BIS stuff..
    I then see soo many PVEers complaining about the changing meta and having to farm new BIS gear every patch..... or having to switch to the new BiS class for that role..

#Logicfail?

The only reason there is so much Toxicity directed against PVPers (and yes - it always starts in that direction - look at this thread - straight off blaming PVPers for nerfs), is that PVPers are on both the giving and receiving end of abilities/gear sets - and so have a much better insight as to what is overperforming - and are more likely to complain about it to keep thinks competitive.
    PVEers are their own worst enemy in terms of BiS and balance.. They instead would see a new skill/proc set doig really well in their parses and instead of thinking - 'that looks a bit strong compared to the other options - perhaps it wan't intended?'
    - they instead go 'Must Have That!!!' go into farm mode, then when they have it with the right traits, and golded out, get all confused and upset when it gets nerfed next patch (often making their previous gear competitive again)... Mindless.. just mindless..

Oh yeah, looks like I was triggered... Well played OP.!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "look at me and my massive World First accomplishments bollockry...."

PVP4LIFE

:trollface:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moaning about balance?

Who mostly moans that stuff is too easy?

Yet...

Who mostly moans about difficulty and zergs in Cyro?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Disgust is such a harsh word. :'(

PvE cries because PvP cries. It's a never ending cycle of crying. But believe whatever you want, PvE always struggles and has to deal every time PvPlayers complain about something being too much in Cyrodiil. ONE proc set was the menace in PvP, Vipers Sting. Everyone was hating how much damage that set was doing, so ZOS went and made every single Proc set unable to Crit. You lot got your nerfed Vipers, but PvE suffered for it. The same exact crap is going to happen again. ZOS tries to give us a really decent Single Target DPS set but "ohmigawd it's too much in PvP", so ZOS will change it for the worse and it'll just become yet another set that PvE players will have no practical use for in End-Game.

The difference being that PVPers complain about balance - PVEers complain at PvPers... Which is most Toxic?

You're wrong on Vipers.. it wasn't just ONE procset that was over-performing in PVP - there were many.
    Zos looked at it and also decided that it (and others) were over-performing in PVE - THEY SAID SO WHEN THEY NERFED IT.. but some people only hear what they want.. That over-performing in PVE is why they removed the crit. That impacted PVE more than PVP - and that was fully intentional by ZOS. THE NERF WAS AIMED AT PVE. In fact, didn't the parses show an overall damage drop of less than 5% due to the nerf?? Oh noes, End of the World!!!! I'm gonna find someone to rage at and then blame them for being toxic too - cos someone once told me they were..
    I can't believe people are STILL crying about this.

The actual PVP nerf came later when it was made into a dot. I think its funny that they nerfed it for PVE first - long before they nerfed it for PVP. That in itself is an example of how ZoS prioritises balance in PVE vs PVP.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I play ESO for PVP only. But heck with RDR2 coming out this year ESO may be put on the shelf as that will probably end up being my main PVP game again :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <insert popcorn here>

I particularly like this line here - "If anything - Forums would for sure become less toxic as PVP dwindles. " Brilliant. How have we not come up with this before?!
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do we leave cyrodiil? Tried /camp, no luck. :/
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing of value would be lost, so of course I'd still play.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about devs take a 1 year break of PvE development and instead focus on PvP fixing? I don't know about the rest of you but I play since 1st beta and I paid for a game and still playing for all of its features yet im only getting 50% of it since the pvp part is broken and unplayable and unenjoyable for me...for the past 4 years we had only 1 major update regarding pvp and the rest were only regarding pve focused...I am tired of constant dlc that takes me 3 weeks to fully complete with all achievements and then what?...im getting tired of waiting...