Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Lags, something is very BROKEN right now - Zenimax help please!

• makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is not resolved at all. Loading screens with each tp 3-4 mins, sieges wont appear, camps wont appear...

sieges? camps? You pvp'ers are always complaining and always find issues!!!! There was never lag in Cyrodiil the past 3 years it's just a conspiracy.

/sarscasm off
    Edited by makreth on 8 January 2018 11:26
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Just wake me up when PvP can do this again.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI

Until PvP can do what it did in 2014 before the lighting patch, with the same population, it isn't fixed. No statement from ZOS about "looking into it" will ever hit home with the PvP community until they explain in clear and certain terms, why the game now can't do what the game could do at launch.

This

This was back when ZOS trusted the players. Many of the actions and interactions were handled client side.

Then cheat engine happened. To be safe, ZOS took most of the things that were “outsourced” to the players computer, like ult regen rates and hit box checks, and moved them to its own server to prevent the data being tampered with by cheat engine.

Sadly, this kills the server.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried collecting Skyshards in Cyrodiil yesterday. Impossible. I managed to load in once. After entering a public dungeon however the game infinite loadingscreened me.

Oh, and the Guildchat-thing.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »

Until PvP can do what it did in 2014 before the lighting patch, with the same population, it isn't fixed. No statement from ZOS about "looking into it" will ever hit home with the PvP community until they explain in clear and certain terms, why the game now can't do what the game could do at launch.

This

This was back when ZOS trusted the players. Many of the actions and interactions were handled client side.

Then cheat engine happened. To be safe, ZOS took most of the things that were “outsourced” to the players computer, like ult regen rates and hit box checks, and moved them to its own server to prevent the data being tampered with by cheat engine.

Sadly, this kills the server.

Since the '90s it's known that trusting remote player clients is just bad game design.
    ZOS could have read one of the dozens "post mortem" MMOs reports or some good software design website (Ars Technica to say one) to know that.
    Also, since there are games that work with no operantion delegated to the client, it means ESO, too, should be modified until it delivers similar performance.
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good old times when restarting router was number 1 solution for fixing lag!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • cazzandra
    cazzandra
    Gargath wrote: »
    And btw due to this unexpected forced maintenance I was't able to use luxury furnisher and golden trader this evening.
    Hope you will elongate their time for Monday.

me too!
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Cyrodiil got so broken it finally died forever. Go back to pve!

No.. we don't want you nasty PvPers tainting up our sacred PvE land. J/k.. j/k. All are welcome. Although, I had one of my stam toon in PvP yesterday, and yeah, it was very bad. Heavy attack not working at all. Hell, many times, skills/attacks not shooting off or late. I was almost killed quite a few times just fighting the trash adds at the lumber mill, farm, mines, where it's practically soloable. Also, quite a few times the loading screen hits during combat, then when I'm back up, my toon is dead or being demolished by the other player or players. Fun times.. ha ha. Same crapshoot occurring over and over again in PvE land as well, though.

ESO, in general, has been quite bad; especially with every new additions of DLCs and whatnot. Not knocking getting new contents/DLC (oh yeah it is nice to get new contents), but damn, the lags, glitches, bugs, crapshoot, whatever, that comes with it. I wonder if ESO is getting too big for its own good, or is it that Zenimax just needs a bigger or upgraded server? Is that even possible?
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

those were the days!
    probably the best times we had here

why isn´t it possible to reset the pvp-areas to this point! @ZOS_Wrobel ; @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO gets a lot better if you turn nagle’s algorithm off. Because of the way eso deals with TCP and UDP packets together, you really gotta turn it off and you can’t trust your system to do so automatically.

Google it if you’re interested. I noticed a big improvement in skills going off on time
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    Cyrodiil got so broken it finally died forever. Go back to pve!

No.. we don't want you nasty PvPers tainting up our sacred PvE land. J/k.. j/k. All are welcome. Although, I had one of my stam toon in PvP yesterday, and yeah, it was very bad. Heavy attack not working at all. Hell, many times, skills/attacks not shooting off or late. I was almost killed quite a few times just fighting the trash adds at the lumber mill, farm, mines, where it's practically soloable. Also, quite a few times the loading screen hits during combat, then when I'm back up, my toon is dead or being demolished by the other player or players. Fun times.. ha ha. Same crapshoot occurring over and over again in PvE land as well, though.

ESO, in general, has been quite bad; especially with every new additions of DLCs and whatnot. Not knocking getting new contents/DLC (oh yeah it is nice to get new contents), but damn, the lags, glitches, bugs, crapshoot, whatever, that comes with it. I wonder if ESO is getting too big for its own good, or is it that Zenimax just needs a bigger or upgraded server? Is that even possible?

I wonder how much of the performance deterioration some players report on PC after DLCs and other updates is down to compatibility issues with non-updated addons?
    Options
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    Since ZOS's "patch" to increase fps, it has lowered it. Granted this game still runs on a single core, and so your other cores are wasted, and it has a few major memory leaks, that have never been fixed.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in cyrodiil less than 10mins before an infinite loading screen :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been this way for a good portion of the PS4 community since CWC patch after the loading screen fix.
    Options
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turn off your mods. Especially Miat's
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO gets a lot better if you turn nagle’s algorithm off. Because of the way eso deals with TCP and UDP packets together, you really gotta turn it off and you can’t trust your system to do so automatically.

Google it if you’re interested. I noticed a big improvement in skills going off on time

@Thogard

I just want to point out that since Windows 7 Service Pack 1 you can not disable Nagles Algorithm on non-server editions of Windows without installing MSMQ(Microsoft Message Queuing Server) which is NOT installed by default on Windows Clients.

setting the "TCPNoDelay" , or TcpAckFrequency" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" is ignored by Windows (I have tested this extensively on about 90 machines running variojs flavors of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10)

Per my contact at Microsoft(Where I work we have a paid support contract) the only way to properly disable Nagle on a Windows client machine(I am talking about Professional and Enterprise editions of Windows, I am unsure if this can be done on Home edition as I haven't owned a Home Edition since XP)

Is to:

1. Install Microsoft Message Queuing Server(MSMQ) from the "Turn Windows Features On and Off" from the Control Panel (See Screenshot Below) by checking the box next to MSMQ and installing it.(restart machine after installing it)

Capture.png

2. Then you must navigate to the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

3. add the value "TCPNoDelay" with a value of 1 to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters Reg key

4. Add the same TCPNoDelay value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
    Find your interface by finding the one with your IP

Reboot the system.

If you don't have MSMQ installed, Windows is hard coded to ignore the TCPNoDelay reg keys under TCPip parameters. You must install MSMQ and set the appropriate value to disable Nagles in both MSMQ and TCP parameters for it to function correctly. else it just ends up being a placebo effect.

I wasn't sure if you knew this or not, if you already knew then no worries :) Maybe this will help others that are wanting to turn it off. :)

see Microsoft Knowledge base Article
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on 8 January 2018 19:14
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Thogard

I just want to point out that since Windows 7 Service Pack 1 you can not disable Nagles Algorithm on non-server editions of Windows without installing MSMQ(Microsoft Message Queuing Server) which is NOT installed by default on Windows Clients.

setting the "TCPNoDelay" , or TcpAckFrequency" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\" is ignored by Windows (I have tested this extensively on about 90 machines running variojs flavors of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10)

Per my contact at Microsoft(Where I work we have a paid support contract) the only way to properly disable Nagle on a Windows client machine(I am talking about Professional and Enterprise editions of Windows, I am unsure if this can be done on Home edition as I haven't owned a Home Edition since XP)

Is to:

1. Install Microsoft Message Queuing Server(MSMQ) from the "Turn Windows Features On and Off" from the Control Panel (See Screenshot Below) by checking the box next to MSMQ and installing it.(restart machine after installing it)

Capture.png

2. Then you must navigate to the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

3. add the value "TCPNoDelay" with a value of 1 to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters Reg key

4. Add the same TCPNoDelay value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
    Find your interface by finding the one with your IP

Reboot the system.

If you don't have MSMQ installed, Windows is hard coded to ignore the TCPNoDelay reg keys under TCPip parameters. You must install MSMQ and set the appropriate value to disable Nagles in both MSMQ and TCP parameters for it to function correctly. else it just ends up being a placebo effect.

I wasn't sure if you knew this or not, if you already knew then no worries :) Maybe this will help others that are wanting to turn it off. :)

see Microsoft Knowledge base Article

Interesting. When I did the Nagle fix on my computer I went into the MSMQ part of the registry and made some adjustments there as well. Now I know why I made those adjustments :)

Options