• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Dungeon Token System: WHEN?

• Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Token system is not needed. We need:

1) Trait balancing
    OR/AND
    2) BoE for dungeons (maybe trials but not arenas)

That's all. People do not try to understand the essence of the problem and suggest short-sighted ideas like tokens.
    Everything is viable
    Options
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    Token system is not needed. We need:

1) Trait balancing
    OR/AND
    2) BoE for dungeons (maybe trials but not arenas)

That's all. People do not try to understand the essence of the problem and suggest short-sighted ideas like tokens.

BoE would fix some many issues and it would make the economy awesome again. The people I play with who love running dungeons are some of the poorest folks in the game, they basically get economically screwed for playing content since none of the items they get can be sold to other players. BoP combined with bad rng are reasons 1 and 2 why I avoid PvE content as much as possible.
    Options
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Nowhere is this problem more evident than with the vMA weapon grind, where trading with group members isn't an option.

Perhaps we need to consider the use data in a broader scope? Sure the average person MAY run vMA over and over (and over and over and over...) trying to get the right drop, but what maybe isn't being considered here is what impression that leaves them with afterwards.

How willing do you think they will be to do that grind again after that experience?

How happy with the design do you think they will come away feeling? What will that feeling do to their overall long-term enjoyment of the game? Will it lead them to tend to expect the best, or the worst? (Very relevant to the present debacle.)

These more subtle considerations are the ball that ZOS psychologists and marketing are presently dropping with this design. A token system is simple to implement and would have a MASSIVE positive impact on the long term health of the game.

Make it so, number one.

it's not just vMA, take any content of the game for example. it shares the same problem again and again. Try farming a Monndancer sharp sword or a BSW sharp inferno, or a divine piece of a particular Armour, it'd take you days if not months. I know so many people who farmed particular places for particular set item and after 300/ 400/500 + runs they just gave it up.

A well defined token system is the absolute need in the game. I'm not saying that any gear should be easily obtainable if it's BiS but it should not become a Blue moon either. Content difficulty vs the Token system for BiS gear should not be hidden behind RNG wall. I wont mind doing vMSA 50 times jsut to ensure that on that 50th attempt i'll have enough tokens to get myself that vMA wep i was looking for rather than do it 500 times and still come back empty handed.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    Options
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Number 1 reason for my old day 1 Destiny buddies was the awful RNG grind. This is what almost killed WoW.
    You'd think gaming devs would learn...

FUN FACT!
    RNG is not random. It malfunctions a lot (cluster problem). The amount of multiple SAME drops I got RIGHT AFTER EACH OTHER during my 13 hours farming the last three days showed that impressively.

Sometimes different items have a higher percentage drop rate in the rng.
    Options
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe enter something like "transmutation" ? ( crafter skill line or boh...)

you farmed Vma for ( example) 2H sharpened but You dropped 7 2H swords with wrong traits ( infused , power etc..)! ?

With transmutation you have the change to transform 7 ( choose a corret number..ZOS not over 7-8 items -.-) )weapons ( Identical with different traits) with traits that do not serve in one with the desired trait .
    Can also be applied to dung and trials ...i have done over 400 run on Direfrost for 2H sharpned But I never dropped it with a correct trait ..

Excuse me if someone has already written it but my English sucks :(
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on 2 May 2017 13:38
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
    Options
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how they implement a token system. If you only earn one token per dungeon, but it costs 100 tokens to buy one piece of gear, then we are right back to square one. Continuos grind......
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A token system with less junk from RNG would be great. Isn't that how Imperial City works?
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

...and before the advent of antibiotics, many books were written extolling the virtues of bloodletting.

Bloodletting is still very valid, a great way to get rid of someone you don't like.
    Options
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of us have been asking for a token based system for years now because of the RNG in this game specifically. Spend 50 keys for monster shoulders gets training and prosperous. Who on earth @zos thought that was smart..... Spend 500+ hours in CoA for BSW inferno sharpened staff still doesn't drop. So yes a token based system would benefit the game big time. Now the tokens would be for everything not just for a specific dungeons, maelstrom and or trials. Some people may disagree on the trials part or the maelstrom part but those people on the vma part are prolly one whom got lucky within 10 runs for everything they needed and for the trials well those people were fed the gear and if they get a weapon that someone need they sell it for a ridiculous price. Like really. Moon dancer lightning staff sharpened 1.6m gtfo.

So I stand my ground on the token system for everything.
    Options
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    An excellent post OP on the RNG madness on this game. 3 years into ESO and thousands (!!??) of related posts on the matter in these forums & still we have only band-aid fixes to the loot system. And to make it worse we get patches like Morrowind, which aside from it's new & cool PvE & PvP content, contains a slew of changes that I haven't seen alot of players asking for.

More visible focus by ZOS on player concerns is greatly needed for ESO.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
    Options
  • Madawc
    Madawc
    Soul Shriven
    I really support this idea, and just pitched it in /z with overwhelming agreement from the players..

I'm not a hardcore player, and I love the environments in this game.. but when I found out that I need "Spell Power Cure" and have to farm the same dungeon (White Gold Tower) over and over again, my love for the game dropped.

I've done it a couple of times, and I'm already sick of looking at it.. no variance, hard to find groups when people want different dungeons for specific sets for different roles etc..

It really is a major oversight.. I bought ESO Plus while leveling to 50 (CP220), but I just let it expire once I discovered this was the "next step" in my progression.

It's really just not something I'm willing to do.
    Options
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really think y'all are over-thinking this.

RNG is jacked up because someone refuses to acknowledge that they didn't carry the 4.

Simple math error. There is no other reasonable explanation. There are too many consistently themed anomalies being reported.

Options