Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Elder Scrolls Online - Road Ahead 2017

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, a "normal" DLC with just a new zone, a new dungeon and maybe a new trial won't do it in 2017. We need more. Let it be a new class, new weapon types, Spellcrafting, new class skill lines or a new world skill line with active skills, we need something for character development. This game won't survive with another year of the same old meta builds and gameplay. Simple as it is. We need character development this year in some way.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The thing is, a "normal" DLC with just a new zone, a new dungeon and maybe a new trial won't do it in 2017. We need more. Let it be a new class, new weapon types, Spellcrafting, new class skill lines or a new world skill line with active skills, we need something for character development. This game won't survive with another year of the same old meta builds and gameplay. Simple as it is. We need character development this year in some way.

Me being a super casual after being gone for over a year, I'm only back for something to do. I barely remember how to sprint and block. The game has changed so much already. However..

Its the same zones and quests. A new class with hand to hand fighting would be a huge game changer. Necromancy would be another.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loomis wrote: »
    Road ahead for ESO? Free-to-play within the next 12 months.

Judging from PC EU, Hodor is the only competitive guild left. All the others fell apart due to people quitting because of vMA RNG. Well-Fitted, Blut und Schweiss, Aquila Core, all gone. The most competitive gamers are usually the ones that invest most money in the game as well, as it's their main hobby. With those players leaving, ESO will solely depend on casuals gambling their money away on crates.

If ESO doesn't go f2p this year, I'm gonna destroy my Tet Kzarka in BDO and make a video of it.

'Highly competitive gamers" usually move on to the next best thing within a year of starting a new game ... casuals stay for years if content and story is good not to mention altaholics ....I think you can't see the forest through the trees from your vantage point of min max end game mentality and surrounding yourself with the same...

The game has more players than ever and they for the most part are anything but the types that will even see that content or even want to ...

Tldr ... reason the "competitive gamers" left is they get bored of a game burn through its content and move on to another game

Game developers know where their bread is buttered and it's not high end raider mentalities ... most players do not take alts to cave in cyrodil and level to 50 in 3-5 hours

Umm you got that backwards. I don't know what census your looking at. But that's not how it works. Competitive PvE players will stay subbed for years and return with new content when they run out. The casual buys barbie doll stuff in cash shops and does not sub to subscribe. They don't need to with a B2P model. They come and go and churn and churn. They would have a end game population that stayed subbed had they developed content for them.

What corporate mmos have figured out. is its easier and cheaper to appease the casual with less content and more cash shop options .theycan throw out 3 mounts and they will buy all 3 in 90 days for 75 bucks rather then 45 in subs for making actuall content.

Or a new costume or a new motiff. Then they turn the greed machine on and now make it those shiny mounts,skins,motiffs,and flash that were limited offers are new In a gambling crate. Which will take you a couple hundred bucks in crowns to get.and for the big premium like mounts you can never ever actually aquire them playing the game.

It has nothing to do with how much you play the game . It's all about making the most money as cheap as possible. And making actual content for longevity for those that actually play the game is hard and costs more. That's why most of the DLC is solo questing, no group dynamic and the game system has been all about dps metas and not group dynamics in combat. Just individual performance in DPS.
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on 24 January 2017 14:55
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    More people whining
    More people threatening to quit
    More people staying after threatening to quit, after whining

Yep, they continue to whine as if they think will help. Just wish they'd go and leave us adults to our fun.

The bitching and whining is worse than any thing that's happened to the game...
    Livin' the dream...
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope there is a road ahead but i can see lags sourrounding PVP
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick note to tell you all that yes, I will be doing a Road Ahead, I’m going to do it, but currently there’s no ETA.

Kidding! Seriously, you’ll see it in another couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay – there’s so much going on here and lots to talk about. Stay tuned.

Matt

@ZOS_MattFiror
    Is it possible to put some "yes we think about that" from the past who never get ingame in this list...

- When Sanctum ophidia was released (long time ago i know^^) all tanks hate Sorcs because of there Atro ultimate and the synergy from it. ZOS said they will give us a synergy prio list, where we can decide which synergy the char take when there are two or more available.
    Is this still something you work on?

- The weekly reward
    Since maw of lorkhaj we get things from this loottable in weekly. At eso tavern last year you (i think maybe it was finnigan) said you want to bring the "old" system back. And i really like to see this.
    So from dsa weekly dsa stuff
    AA weekly give AA stuff
    Will it come in the near future?
    Edited by The_Saint on 27 January 2017 11:13
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Road ahead is 50k crowns for crown exclusive island and 60k crowns for manor.

which no one will buy another overpriced item again.
    Edited by Cyrediath on 27 January 2017 11:53
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grrr

Whenever I see this thread I think it's the real thing and zos posted it.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    More people whining
    More people threatening to quit
    More people staying after threatening to quit, after whining

And more crown crates! Cosmic bright-hovering-glitter spitting camel comming to you this summer!

Damnit, don't give them ideas!
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I know that today is Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind's big day, but I have to ask... Is there a Road Ahead for 2017 coming from @ZOS_MattFiror that looks at more than the 2nd Quarter update?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I know that today is Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind's big day, but I have to ask... Is there a Road Ahead for 2017 coming from @ZOS_MattFiror that looks at more than the 2nd Quarter update?

According to Gina it's coming tomorrow.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3741326#Comment_3741326

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

According to Gina it's coming tomorrow.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3741326#Comment_3741326

Thanks. With all the traffic in the Dev Tracker, I missed that.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    Road ahead for ESO? Free-to-play within the next 12 months.

Judging from PC EU, Hodor is the only competitive guild left. All the others fell apart due to people quitting because of vMA RNG. Well-Fitted, Blut und Schweiss, Aquila Core, all gone. The most competitive gamers are usually the ones that invest most money in the game as well, as it's their main hobby. With those players leaving, ESO will solely depend on casuals gambling their money away on crates.

If ESO doesn't go f2p this year, I'm gonna destroy my Tet Kzarka in BDO and make a video of it.
    Cimadon wrote: »
    (snip)... If ESO doesn't go f2p this year, I'm gonna destroy my Tet Kzarka in BDO and make a video of it.

Bookmarked, saved, will get back to you on January 1st 2018. ;-)

Hey @LegendaryArcher ... remember this? ;-)
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, you make my day xD
    Edited by lelink88 on 1 January 2018 11:06