Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Elder Scrolls Online - Road Ahead 2017

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet
    May - Vvardenfell + 1 trial
    August - 2 nord dungeon pack
    November - Battlegrounds + new features for housing and maybe a tiny zone.

Next year Murkmire!
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on 10 January 2017 15:44
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The road ahead will look much like the road behind one must simply turn around to see the road ahead :)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy with one of the following combinations of 4 things:
    • 1 Base/System Update (Housing) + 1 Regular zone + 2 Small Zones
    • 1 Base/System Update (Housing) + 1 Huge zone (vvardenfell) + 1 Dungeon/Trial + 1 Small Zone
    • 1 Base/System Update (Housing) + 2 Regular zones + 1 Dungeon/Trial Pack
    • 2 Base/System Update(If one is spellcrafting...) + 1 Huge Zone (vvardenfell) + 1 Dungeon/Trial

I think the second option is most likely...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    VVARDENFELL DLC ZoS

Make it happen! w00pw00p
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Road ahead... more nerfs and then more nerfs.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    I have a feeling like... all we gonna get this year is 1-2 new zones, 2 new dungeons and one new trial...

My hope is to get Vvardenfell... or at least one other large zone like Wrothgar was.

That's exactly my "fear" as well and to be honest, it won't be enough to keep ESO alive and thriving. This year we need MORE. We had two years of pretty less content updates and we simply need more now. It's not enough to keep players playing, especially not the "endgame crowd".

Another 2016 content-wise will not work. We need long awaited things coming this year. Homestead is nice but overall an disappointment due to it being no real content.

I'd say we need at least

- a huge new zone (Vvardenfell)
    - 2 trials or more
    - 3-4 new dungeons
    - another smaller new zone
    - some new ways of doing PvP (Arenas / Battlegrounds)
    - new weapons or skill lines, maybe even a new class
    - something like Spellcrafting or Housing additionally to Homestead

If ZOS is going with Homestead + DLC 1 zone + DLC 2 two dungeons + DLC 3 more dungeons / zone they will lose players. It's not enough anymore, the "base" game needs some updates (e.g. class / skill lines, weapons etc.).
    Edited by Seraphayel on 10 January 2017 18:42
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that's relevant is wether or not they'll add a Mushroom tower with the Vvardenfell dlc!
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Next year Murkmire!

So Murkmire 3.5 years after we saw a video or it was announced... nice. :D
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet

Next year Murkmire!

This is probably the most accurate next year it will get.... as sad as it sounds
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More mechanics catering to ...

d792e3c8cb889d9b649ee473365647cb.jpg

And

low-overhead-clearance-warning-sign-s-6961.png

Brought to you by ...

07seHN2l.jpg

I find this whole conversation about age rather hilarious... I still play this game on hard mode, and I'm almost 50! [img][/img]30MydRN.jpg

While the younger generation likes to play on easy mode where they can program multiple things into 1 button....[img][/img]NAu9v4J.jpg

NA Server - Kildair
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    I find this whole conversation about age rather hilarious... I still play this game on hard mode, and I'm almost 50! 30MydRN.jpg

Old people. You have to plug those into the computer before you can use them! :smile:
    My bet

I think that this is probably pretty close for 2Q and 3Q, but what matters are the details. As for 4Q, none of those are headline features.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting out during the first half of this year, or i'm gonna cry. :'(
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, the one last year was published on 12/01/16
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q1 - Three new motifs plus 1 event that will have a crown store exclusive motif! Wild Hunt Crown Crates
    Q2 - Three new motifs plus 1 event that will have a crown store exclusive motif! Skeletal Crown Crates
    Q3 - Same as Above. Crown Crates of Something
    Q4 - You get the idea...

ZOS was able to create the content we have seen before in the time frame available, because they had already, for the most part, created much of it pre-release. I'm doubtful that they will be able to create anything as large and incredible as Wrothgar in a 4 month period, unless it has a way of being heavily monetized, of course. I really hope to be proven wrong. There are a few new mmorpgs coming out this month.

OP's guess is as good as mine, but I can't imagine they could push out a wrothgar-like DLC by May if they've been devoting all their resources up to now on Housing. If 2 nord dungeons came for May so they could work on Vvardenfell for August, I'd be pretty disappointed.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, they need to bring a massive amount of content in Q2. And when I say massive I mean massive and not something like TG or DB. Rather something like Craglorn + new base mechanics (new class, new skill line, new weapon type). Just another usual DLC with a zone and maybe a dungeon won't make the cut for the long waiting time since Orsinium. This game really really really needs something new.

PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Pandorii : Last known Crown Crate theme was Dwemer IIRC.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Year ahead for me in eso?:

XujHL.gif

Where is the LOL button when you need it?
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the wrap up for 2016 was a bit disapponitng cause it sounds like itll be a while for Vvardenfell still lke May-June, I know the housing is a pretty big patch but it would have been nice to actually have something like Vvardenfell first then housing.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And

Brought to you by ...

07seHN2l.jpg

Lol.

Are people still on the aegism thing? Grow up, people.

Did you just tell a bunch of guys playing swords and sorcery in a video game to grow up ?

You sir, have earned every ******* awesome this post has given you.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I would be happy with one of the following combinations of 4 things:
    • 1 Base/System Update (Housing) + 1 Regular zone + 2 Small Zones
    • 1 Base/System Update (Housing) + 1 Huge zone (vvardenfell) + 1 Dungeon/Trial + 1 Small Zone
    • 1 Base/System Update (Housing) + 2 Regular zones + 1 Dungeon/Trial Pack
    • 2 Base/System Update(If one is spellcrafting...) + 1 Huge Zone (vvardenfell) + 1 Dungeon/Trial

I think the second option is most likely...

Personally, I suspect the third, or 2 zones (Clockwork and Murkmire), and 2 system updates (housing and spellcrafting). I mean, I'm guessing, I don't actually know.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2017:

- New crown crates.
    - Crown store motifs.
    - Reduce the amount of players in trials from 12 to 8. This is to increase the time it takes to complete the trials, so players can be busy longer.
    - Recource stats from warhorn reduced from 10% to 6%.
    - Reduced the range of all 8 meter abilities to 5 meter
    - Reduce the range of all 28 meter abilities to 20 meter
    - Increased repair cost while in trials by 250%
    - Plunder rewards: removed
    - Increased xp, gold and dmg by 20% while in a DLC area
    - Increase gold earned by 1% each 24 hour you stay in your house. Get paused when outside. Gold increase bonus resets back to 0% whenever you enter a trial.
    - Reduced divines trait bonus to 3,5% on legendary piece
    - Minor slayer: removed
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Year ahead for me in eso?:

XujHL.gif

This already wins comment of the year! I burst out laughing I love it lol
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a ZOS response or the official Road Ahead...

d4c7ed99c07a00c53309d835d78316a8cc36af60107131bed123b3f056b5e5bf.jpg
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still have 18 days left to make the January timeframe.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if i want them to post this kind of article TBH
    There was enought promises that they did not fulfill for various of reasons. I would like ZOS annouce things after they are 100% sure they will implement them into game, rather then bulding hype year ahead just to disapoint a lot of ppl (im looking at you spellcrafting)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you

Murkmire
    Clockwork City
    Mephala's Realm

:D
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    More people whining
    More people threatening to quit
    More people staying after threatening to quit, after whining

And more crown crates! Cosmic bright-hovering-glitter spitting camel comming to you this summer!

I heard it was a spitting llama
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS where is it, we can't wait any loooooooooonger. :(
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And

Brought to you by ...

07seHN2l.jpg

Lmao exactly. Like taxes the one guarantee is that the nerf bat will be coming out again and again this year.

The thing I don't get about Rich's elderly comment is (as a in my 30s gamer with a full time job) having to learn all of the new skill changes across 4 classes on 12 characters every 3-6 months is more taxing that the current skills.

Everything needs nerf. It's not okay when I solo a dungeon, kill the first boss, then realize oh *** it's a vet dungeon all along because the boss drops purple gear. I am not even a skilled player.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!