Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Elder Scrolls Online - Road Ahead 2017

• deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game need more content explorable one and huge ones liker Wrothgar or even bigger (Vvardenfell?) and not medium ones like Gold Coast or Hews Bane.

Then this game need group content. Lots more dungeons and trials. 6-8 people dungeons, 8-16-18-20-24 people raids.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like it if we could reset all or most of the quests around the maps, and be able to do them all again. Would bring the maps to life again.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she has some predictions for the year ahead yes.

Firstly Stros M'Kai will narrowly vote to leave Tamriel in the mistaken belief that it is the centre of the universe.

Vvardenfell will mysteriously begin to issue travel permits again. Probably they have some sort of problem that can only be solved by letting in many many people in to collect herbs, carry messages and solve puzzles on walls yes.

An big dumb orc with very small hands that he cannot keep to himself will become Emperor.

There will be a distressing increase in the death rate among well known bards and entertainers. Sadly the songsmith in The Rosy Lion will be spared. The Brotherhood have denied this has anything to do with them recently forming a death metal band - "Blade of Woe".

Yours with magical predicting paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Firstly Stros M'Kai will narrowly vote to leave Tamriel in the mistaken belief that it is the centre of the universe.

Vvardenfell will mysteriously begin to issue travel permits again. Probably they have some sort of problem that can only be solved by letting in many many people in to collect herbs, carry messages and solve puzzles on walls yes.

An big dumb orc with very small hands that he cannot keep to himself will become Emperor.

There will be a distressing increase in the death rate among well known bards and entertainers. Sadly the songsmith in The Rosy Lion will be spared. The Brotherhood have denied this has anything to do with them recently forming a death metal band - "Blade of Woe".

Santie Claws

Santie, I think you may be on to something with Vvardenfell.

May your travels be Cliffracer free.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick note to tell you all that yes, I will be doing a Road Ahead, I’m going to do it, but currently there’s no ETA.

Kidding! Seriously, you’ll see it in another couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay – there’s so much going on here and lots to talk about. Stay tuned.

Matt

Thank you for letting us know! :)
    Edited by Aeladiir on 18 January 2017 12:18
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cimadon wrote: »
    (snip)... If ESO doesn't go f2p this year, I'm gonna destroy my Tet Kzarka in BDO and make a video of it.

Bookmarked, saved, will get back to you on January 1st 2018. ;-)

Yeah, I don't know what that is, but it'll be fun to see him destroy it! :tongue:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick note to tell you all that yes, I will be doing a Road Ahead, I’m going to do it, but currently there’s no ETA.

Kidding! Seriously, you’ll see it in another couple of weeks. Sorry for the delay – there’s so much going on here and lots to talk about. Stay tuned.

Matt

My hunger is barely sated!! Thanks, and looking forward to it!
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭

Matt

Yes :D
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Road ahead for ESO? Free-to-play within the next 12 months.

Judging from PC EU, Hodor is the only competitive guild left. All the others fell apart due to people quitting because of vMA RNG. Well-Fitted, Blut und Schweiss, Aquila Core, all gone. The most competitive gamers are usually the ones that invest most money in the game as well, as it's their main hobby. With those players leaving, ESO will solely depend on casuals gambling their money away on crates.

If ESO doesn't go f2p this year, I'm gonna destroy my Tet Kzarka in BDO and make a video of it.

I don't see any reason for an F2P conversion. What's that going to gain them? Any one whose not willing to pony up $15 to buy the box and then play for free is not likely going to be a crown or Plus customer anyway, and most likely just a leach on the resources.

Two years ago, in early January 2015, I was you. Now ESO is B2P, and I actually can't see a reason for them not to go all the way to F2P. Lesson learned.

Why should they... B2P work fine... tho ZOS has all the data

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |

• LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol it's not because of vMA rng, its because of the lack of new raid content. There was the same situation when people were tired of running SO for a year.

@KoshkaMurka Are you living on the moon? Just after the announcement that ZOS isn't changing the vMA loot system and still allowing people to run it 1000+ times without getting the weapon they desire in Homestead, Killa, Meld and Mischief from your guild's main raid (Aquila) and half of Flammengarde and Blut und Schweiss main raids joined my vMA RNG refugee guild in BDO. Every single one of them name vMA RNG as the sole reason for quitting. There are also others, like Werner, but their reason is indeed lack of new content. For most end-game quitters, however, not having a vMA weapon is the only reason because competing with Hodor while having a base disadvantage, even though they invested 20x more time in farming vMA than anyone else, is discouraging and making people hate ESO.

While I understand from your previous posts that you don't like BDO, fair enough, Decado doesn't like it either, although vMA pushed him out of ESO, you cannot deny that vMA RNG is what broke end game competition. To be precise, handing out Sharpened vMA weapons to everyone in the beginning and then introducing ridiculous RNG and preventing everyone else from getting them is what broke end game competition.

Lack of content? Maybe. But as far as I've heard Hodor is number 1 on all leaderboards on PC EU again. That's content for you right there. And the way I know Aquila and Blut und Schweiss, they'd be on it already. But no one likes competing with an unfairly assessed disadvantage.
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on 18 January 2017 15:44
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt

Please hurry up Matt !

• aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭

Santie Claws

Agree with all your predictions, with a minor correction: the metal band will be called Blade of Wöe and grant an automatic eye-rolling passive to all German speakers in Tamriel so they can endure metal umlauts :D
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Santie, I think you may be on to something with Vvardenfell.

May your travels be Cliffracer free.

I thought Cliffracers were a much requested feature?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    source.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt

Excellent, so we will most likely get a Road Ahead after we're already halfway down the road.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

Matt

Excellent, so we will most likely get a Road Ahead after we're already halfway down the road.

Increases accuracy. It is even more accurate if he waits until December. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on 23 January 2017 01:17
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to speculate that he's waiting to see how Homestead is received before determining the course of the game for the rest of the year. Thus, no Road Ahead, because the road ahead hasn't been decided yet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to speculate that he's waiting to see how Homestead is received before determining the course of the game for the rest of the year. Thus, no Road Ahead, because the road ahead hasn't been decided yet.

No, things are already in motion, and have been for months.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt

This might be the best thing I've read on the forums ever.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

Matt

Truthfully I think they are rebuilding most of their content from the previous road ahead to fit tamriel one. One Tamriel complete changed any of the things they show cased in the quake con from 2 years ago.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭

Matt

Sometime in February after Homestead release would be nice.

• sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Whats BDO? Im losing interest here as i only ever see Guilds looking for the BEST and not willing to accept players like myself whos older and cant smash my keyboard to bits just to get DPS
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2017? Road ahead?

latest?cb=20160801103727

It's possible they are leaving it until after Homestead so as to properly announce this to tie in with Morrowind's 15th anniversary. Big old fanfare. Whole zone, likely around 50 hours of questing if it is double Wrothgar's size.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats BDO? Im losing interest here as i only ever see Guilds looking for the BEST and not willing to accept players like myself whos older and cant smash my keyboard to bits just to get DPS

It's not your fault it's the game design. All the other roles are not required but meta dps with maelstrom sharp. Success is only dependant on you DPS. In vr trials all you need is 1tank and 2 heals. The rest is a number race . Said to see this game go that route. BDO is Black desert online. A mmorpg that is very sandbox and pvp centric.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    2017? Road ahead?

latest?cb=20160801103727

It's possible they are leaving it until after Homestead so as to properly announce this to tie in with Morrowind's 15th anniversary. Big old fanfare. Whole zone, likely around 50 hours of questing if it is double Wrothgar's size.

One shot solo questing and dailies won't keep people playing. TG DB Orsinium certainly work for the churn base player but not the premium market. They will need dungeons trial and some sort of evolution of the cp system to progress this game for the long haul. Right now they are throwing cake at starving people.
  • Ironclap
    Ironclap
    ✭✭
    Spellcrafting...? Spellcrafting!! (in Sandal Feddic voice :wink: )
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2017? Road ahead?

latest?cb=20160801103727

One shot solo questing and dailies won't keep people playing. TG DB Orsinium certainly work for the churn base player but not the premium market. They will need dungeons trial and some sort of evolution of the cp system to progress this game for the long haul. Right now they are throwing cake at starving people.

Update 15 will likely be new dungeons. There's a possibility that Red Mountain will be a trial. Clockwork City is a slim chance to come with Vvardenfell as if they're going for max nostalgia, Clockwork City came with Morrowind DLC, we just don't know.

And what sort of evolution do you propose? :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Loomis
    Loomis
    ✭✭✭
    Road ahead for ESO? Free-to-play within the next 12 months.

Judging from PC EU, Hodor is the only competitive guild left. All the others fell apart due to people quitting because of vMA RNG. Well-Fitted, Blut und Schweiss, Aquila Core, all gone. The most competitive gamers are usually the ones that invest most money in the game as well, as it's their main hobby. With those players leaving, ESO will solely depend on casuals gambling their money away on crates.

If ESO doesn't go f2p this year, I'm gonna destroy my Tet Kzarka in BDO and make a video of it.

'Highly competitive gamers" usually move on to the next best thing within a year of starting a new game ... casuals stay for years if content and story is good not to mention altaholics ....I think you can't see the forest through the trees from your vantage point of min max end game mentality and surrounding yourself with the same...

The game has more players than ever and they for the most part are anything but the types that will even see that content or even want to ...

Tldr ... reason the "competitive gamers" left is they get bored of a game burn through its content and move on to another game

Game developers know where their bread is buttered and it's not high end raider mentalities ... most players do not take alts to cave in cyrodil and level to 50 in 3-5 hours

Edited by Loomis on 24 January 2017 00:47
    “There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon’s breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value. Often now I lift my cup in a futile toast, an apology to ears that cannot hear.”
    -Drizzt

Semper Fi
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An big dumb orc with very small hands that he cannot keep to himself will become Emperor

Be careful Santie; I hear he likes to grab the Khajit!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2017? Road ahead?

latest?cb=20160801103727

Update 15 will likely be new dungeons. There's a possibility that Red Mountain will be a trial. Clockwork City is a slim chance to come with Vvardenfell as if they're going for max nostalgia, Clockwork City came with Morrowind DLC, we just don't know.

And what sort of evolution do you propose? :smile:

Maybe an evolution of the alternate advancement rather just inflation of cp new specialized trees. Maybe a new class or active skill lines . You know possibly the things that Eq2 and all the other mmos were able to do at the three year mark.

Right now this game is bare bones with just zones and quests thrown at it. It's very lacking in end game. I just have a higher standard for the price of admission.