Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how things will change with today's patch? Regardless. A simple thank you to @ZOS_GinaBruno for putting up with all of us.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Feedback posted on behalf of a friend who is unable to access the forums:

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?

I couldn't find the initial quest. I bought all my homes via the crown store in turn, until I discovered that you had provided us with "keys" to every house!

Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

I was able to preview the houses without any problem, and the UI for doing this is fairly intuitive. I did not buy any houses with gold, however, since I am on the EU server and our characters were not copied over. Hence I had no achievements completed and had to buy all the houses for crowns.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?

I previewed the houses via the Crown Store. Once I bought them, I used the collections UI, the map, and the Crown Store to access the houses. I was not aware that you could also preview the houses via the collections menu. I actually like very much how the map works with regard to housing, particularly with how nicely the houses are laid out on the list tab. However, I would also like the option to be able to "group" houses by type (small, medium, large, etc.) rather than just alphabetically by house name. It makes it hard to find the house I'm looking for as I can't remember the names of each one.

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?

I didn't know we could do that! I did purchase one home fully furnished and would be interested to see how that affects the Crown Store prices. Given the general trend of overpricing I suspect I'm unlikely to be willing to drop Crowns on houses or housing items except in rare circumstances.

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?

No. I purchased the few items I was able to get with a generic character (again, I am on EU and hence had no achievements carried over). I did find all of the furnishers, though. Occasionally, the furnishers would show up with totally empty inventories. The Wayrest and North Gate High Rock vendors. The Wayrest vendor later had his inventory when I went back the next day.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?

Yes, but he seems to have very expensive stock. I would very much like to see a preview function, as there is via the Crown Store, before dropping money on such expensive items.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?

No. I don't like doing dungeons.

Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?

No. Again, perhaps this is simply because I didn't have the achievements and collections that I have on Live. However, it would be better if the NPC you get them from has "greyed out" inventory so that you can see which collections are available even if you don't have that collection yet.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?

Yes, it was very easy to use them. As others have said, though - a global control might be quite nice. Also, some of the light sources should be a bit brighter. The interiors of the houses can be quite dark and the braziers & fireplaces don't throw as much light as one might expect.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?

I did manage to find chairs to sit on, but it was a bit fiddly to position myself to be able to get the interactable key pop up.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?

I did not meet anyone to do this.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?

I do not like duelling, hence I did not test this.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?

Yes, although if I'm honest I did not like the largest homes that much. The only reason I would ever try to get them is for the titles/completion. The size of them does not scale well with the item limit allowed, particularly as even tiny items (like cutlery) count toward the item limit. Having said that, I also imagine it would be very difficult to fill them, especially with how expensive furniture seems intended to be. The largest houses will likely have to stay quite empty for a long time.

Which was your favorite home, and why?

Hunding's Palatial Hall, because of the outside space. However, I didn't like the style of the house, and would have preferred (for a palatial hall) to have had the model of the palaces with the marble floors and fluted columns (like the Bhosek palace). I actually really like some of the medium houses, but I dislike the lack of outside space in some of them. It's hard to find one where I like both the inside space and outside space. In terms of maps, I like the Demense because of the waterfall and spacious grounds, but again, don't very much like the house itself. As a roleplayer, it's important to me to find something that has space both inside and outside of a house, especially if I want to create maps that people can use as settings for roleplay and quests.

What did you think of the prices for each home?

The small houses I think are quite reasonable. I don't expect any outside space with a small home, and it seems reasonable to price them at ~60k. The medium houses are also not too bad, but it would be nice if all of them had some sort of outside space for a courtyard or garden. The large homes are probably the ones I'm most interested in buying, but they are really a bit too expensive, especially those over 1m, and I do not feel that the more expensive ones are good value for money in terms of the space you get. Between 700k and 1m is ok for a large house - some of the large houses should have the prices lowered. The huge houses, I am very unlikely to buy at the current prices. The house models are nothing special, and the grounds are not much larger than one or two of the large houses. The only reason for me to get those is for the achievements, and for the current prices, that's simply not worth it for me. I don't know how much the Crown Store prices will be, especially for the exclusive maps, but I would be interested to see that. I like the Craglorn cavern very much, but not enough to spend more than £10 on it.

Are you an ESO Plus member?

Yes

Do you have any other general feedback?

1) We need the ability to rename the houses once we have purchased them. This would make it easier to find the house in the map list, and also make it feel more personal.

2) It would be good to show on the achievement summary page what furnishings are unlocked by an achievement (in the same way that an achievement shows what title and dye are unlocked by completing it).

3) I would like to see more variety in the housing available. Roleplayers like to create scenarios for other players to RP in, and so it would be nice to have more settings to choose from. For example: A boat/ship (whether moored or not) for pirate/trader RPers Caves (much smaller than the Craglorn one - more like the small caves in Skyrim that housed bears and so on) for the bandit and outlaw Ruins (overland or underground) for the bandits among us Small maps empty of houses, so that people can make quest/freebuilt maps where they can make campsites, etc. Ruined houses (like those in Spellscar, Craglorn or Cyrodiil)

4) The crafting menu needs the same grouping of items as on the crown store. It's extremely difficult to find the object you want to craft out of the huge list, so having items split by "bedding" and "lighting" under the Parlour category would be very useful. In addition, we need to be able to preview items before we craft them. The preview on the Crown Store items needs the axis fixing so that items don't sink into the floor (a particular problem with oversized items like fountains and shrines, and with wall hanging tapestries). Some items like awnings, curtains and tarps need to be resizeable within certain limits, because they often don't fit properly with any of the houses.

5) I would like the ability to craft herbs/mushrooms via alchemy. I'm not talking about farming, but about display versions of all the collectible herbs, so that I can "plant" them in the garden or in herb pots. My character is not a convincing healer without having supplies of herbs about.

6) I saw a note some point in the last few months that there may be housing for DLC zones: if this is the case, I would very much like to put in a preorder for a house in Hew's Bane, with a terrace garden area! I would also like a Dwemer ruin in Wrothgar, and Dwemer themed items. There are likely others who would like their own assassin's cave on the Gold Coast, a Daedric ruin in Vvardenfell, an Ayleid ruin, etc.

7) I would like players to be able to view all craftable recipes that they know, and see what bench you need to go to, to craft it (and with which materials)

8) Would like to be able to place NPCs in my home who send the crafting materials each day! Would be awesome to have that option to make the place feel less empty (especially in the larger houses)
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue with furniture that is only obttainable after completing certain achievements.

What's the point of going through all that trouble to obtain said achievements and in the end having to fork out 20k-1000k gold as well. So when someone sees the furnishing they won't be like: "Hey, they completed that! Cool !".But instead will be like: Wow, that guy paid 1000k". What I mean is houses are already freakishly expensive, and the main idea of achievement related furniture is to show what you accomplished and display them not to show how much gold you own. There's already special and Luxery furnishing for that.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues?
    no

Home Previewing
    Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold?

yes

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door?
    all of the above

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    yes

Furnishing Sourcing
    Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers?

yes

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    who? (no)

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite?
    no

Specialty Furnishings
    Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them?

no, but I will try next time I log onto pts

Did you understand how to use the various light sources?
    yes

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    yes and no (it wasn't clear). Also a lot of chairs were too close to tables and my Altmer may have been too large to fit?

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home?
    I did not try this.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience?
    I did not try this.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles?
    sure.

I have a few faves actually. So far I have settled on Blackvine Villa for my Altmer because of price, elegance, scenic view (Valenwood jungle with passing stream) and audio ambiance. Now if Cliffshade had a walled courtyard, I would find it much more appealing and worth the 255K.

What did you think of the prices for each home?
    Most seem reasonable. Cliffshade would be worth the 255K if it had a walled courtyard! As is, it just seems roughly the same size as Blackvine Villa's interior/exterior combined except I feel as though the latter has more to offer (but less furnishings to place - caps at 200 which is a shame)

Are you an ESO Plus member?
    yes

-ADD a courtyard to Cliffshade! lol
    -Increase furnishings capacity!
    -ADD a "Lock" furnishing toggle (so it cannot be picked up, esp by anyone else you give decorator permission to)
    -Add a small room/apt to Riften docks.
    -Add homes to DLC areas.
    -Dyable furnishings (esp rugs/tapestries)
    -Add boat to Topal Island
    -Add water type furnishing (So folks can make pools, ponds, puddles, etc that splash when you walk through.)
    -Add more interesting (and less annoying) ambiance or better yet... make the ambiance a checklist so we can create our own ambiances.
    -Beds don't need to be interactive because we have the sleep emotes, but add more hammocks and make those interactive.
    -Achievement related furnishings are too expensive.
    -Ability to purchase additions to home (like basement, extra rooms, etc)
    -Make furnishings go into its own space (like crafting mats) to free up inventory.
    -Allow mounting in the larger properties (Earthtear & Topal island)

This is all I got for now. I'm really impressed with the system so far. Thanks @ZOS for all the work you've done on this!

p.s. Been adding to the last section as I think them up. ;)
    Edited by SilentFox22 on 16 January 2017 21:01
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Dominoid You're getting through all this stuff a lot faster than I am. Do you mind if we use your spreadsheet as a source for UESP?
    @Enodoc, feel free to use it.
    Great, thanks! Have you got details of specifically which Home Goods Furnisher is selling which items? I got them all down from last week, but apparently they have added more furnishings to them all with this patch, which means another circuit of all the vendors is in order :neutral:

I'll probably be doing that starting Wednesday, unless you are able to mine that information.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @JodaGreyhame
    Are there any plans for other NPCs to be made available to place in the houses? ie a stablemaster to level up horses for instance?

It is not the mount that is "leveled up", it is the riding skill of the player character. That is why a player character can move every mount that they choose at the speed which they have learned to ride. The mount doesn't have to acquire more speed, stamina, or bag space. The rider has to learn how to manage a mount so that the mount can go faster, last longer, and carry a load.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dominoid You're getting through all this stuff a lot faster than I am. Do you mind if we use your spreadsheet as a source for UESP?
    @Enodoc, feel free to use it.
    Great, thanks! Have you got details of specifically which Home Goods Furnisher is selling which items? I got them all down from last week, but apparently they have added more furnishings to them all with this patch, which means another circuit of all the vendors is in order :neutral:

I'll probably be doing that starting Wednesday, unless you are able to mine that information.

@Enodoc, no mining there. I had to go vendor to vendor. I listed the vendor location for items that appeared only once or twice per vendor - mostly stones, rocks, trees and plants specific to the zone the vendor was in. Things that appeared frequently on these vendors, I didn't list a particular location. Shoot me a PM with your Google login email and I'll add you as an editor of the sheet if you simply want to update min (now ours) when you make your passes.

Edited by Dominoid on 16 January 2017 21:34
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the house near AA in Craglorn, can't remember the name of it, it would be nice if we could use the tower on the wall. I'd even be ok with it being an additional purchase like 100k gold to unlock the tower.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that PTS Patch 2.7.2 removed slaughterfish from Earthtear Cavern!
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tai-Chi @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    On the whole, I think Housing is a wecome addition to the game but at present, it comes with many restrictions and inequalities. I believe that Housing is a long-term project and therefore I will remain optimistic in believing that ZOS will keep introducing and adding more items in the future. I hope that ZOS will take note of what players are saying about the number of items placeable in homes and the same regarding numbers of visitors to each home.

I find the cost of items, whether it be in earned gold or crafting mats is too high in many instances - especially when they have only a decorative function.
    For what it is worth, I agree with the above comments 100%.
    Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? No.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A DISTINCTION IN TITLE BETWEEN THOSE PLAYERS WHOM HAVE OBTAINED THEIR HOME(S) THROUGH IN-GAME GOLD AND THOSE WHOME HAVE PURCHASED A TITLE WITH CROWN STORE GOLD. THE METHOD IS DEMEANING TO PLAYERS WHOM HAVE EARNED THE TITLES.I apologise in advance if those buying homes with Crown Store gold, still have to meet the same criteria/achievements as those buying with in-game gold.

I ALSO FEEL THAT THE TITLE OF COUNCILLOR AND, IN A SLIGHTLY LESSER WAY, THOSE OF CLAN FATHER/MOTHER ARE INFERIOR TO LORD/LADY.

In my humble opinion, no "title" should be awarded to any character simply because their player bought a Homestead, whether with Gold Pieces or with Crowns. Of course, in order to buy some of the Homesteads with GP, the player's character usually must satisfy an Achievement which awards a title, regardless. Buying a Homestead for which the prerequisite Achievement has no corresponding title should not confer one.

My Breton Sorcerer is a Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant because of his achievements, regardless of whether I ever buy a Homestead for him.

With regard to "Lord" and "Lady", the Z.O. designers should realize that neither one is a title.

Rather, they refer to a class of nobles -- the men are "lords", their wives are "ladies". The respective nobles have titles, such as Duke of This Place, Earl of Another Place, Baron Whats-his-name, or Count Brown-noser, and each and every one of them has title to the land in a specific location or area, also known as estates. The one who inherits the estate inherits also the title. They are the reason for the word "landlord".

In contrast, a common person does not have any title to land, i.e., any land which is theirs to occupy and use is held in common by their community. Their customary rights and privileges in doing so are the origin of "common law".

Titles such as Knight of the Realm, Councilor, etc., are usually granted by a noble, usually a King or a Queen, as a reward for services performed by the individual upon whom the title is conferred. In some cultures, they are conferred by the community acting as a whole. The individual upon whom the title is conferred might or might not also be given real estate, and/or have other rights and/or privileges. In other words, such a title typically acknowledges one or more achievements. In ESO, for example, a character which completes the Mages Guild quest line becomes a Master Wizard.

Which is to say, titles of nobility signify status, not achievements. Titles such as "Chief" or "Clan Father" or "Clan Mother" also typically signify status rather than achievement, although they may be conferred by a community or group, and ordinarily cannot be inherited.

Accordingly the words "Lord", "Lady", "Sir", or "Dame" are nouns of address, or of generic reference, which simply signify that the corresponding person has a title, either one that was inherited (status) or one that was conferred (earned).

Titles have meaning only with reference to the culture in which they are used. There is no inherent superiority of "Duke" or "Earl" to "Hero", "Captain", "Chief", "Clan Father" or "Clan Mother", etc.
    The architectural style of the house with tower, the splendid garden with waterfall and in a setting just across the bridge from the charming, village community Arenthia make Strident Springs my favourite. Having said that, for 1,280 000g (Unfurnished) I would expect at least one decent size bedroom in which to place a full suite of double-bed size furnishings in and not have to block the light from the stained-glass windows. I would also expect to find a proper fireplace in which to place my cooking hearth.
    Apparently Homestead designers selected buildings which already exist in the game, and placed duplicates of them in the locations where they are currently situated. They didn't have any particular motivation, whether time to make the effort, to modify them to make them more functional as residences for player-characters. Outbuildings such as stables, barns, crafting sheds, etc. also appear to duplicate the same structures to be found throughout Tamriel.

The Tamriel terrain for the Homestead was probably edited to make space for the main building and any others, with walls and other boundaries added. Most buildings in Tamriel do not have cooking hearths or stoves, unless they are residences, because player characters are expected to visit Inns or other such facilities where they can find a Cookfire for crafting Provisions.

By the same token, Fishing Holes were overlooked, if only because fishing is ordinarily available in an area where some MoB(s) can attack the character. In principle, whether in fact, a player's character can't lie down and take a nap anywhere without something trying to kill him.
    The homes with access to private water should come with fishing rights - either automatically, or by say stocking it with some caught fish.

One should be able to build/buy a fireplace in which to place a functioning cooking fire.

One should be able to grow plants from seed or cuttings.

I was going to lash out (with in-game gold) and buy Daggerfall Overlook to make it my main residence but having experienced many of the current problems and issues I will resist and defer buying until such time when it is clear that ZOS has listened to what players are saying and that they have implemented the most pressing features. I will, of course, obtain all the 3 free homes and no doubt buy a more modest home (with garden) that will serve my initial purposes.

I really want to see Housing develop in a positive way for the whole game, so that it is not just exclusively a status symbol in which to place expensive objects and in-game trophies. o:)

My thoughts exactly. :smiley:

Edited by Shadowshire on 16 January 2017 22:55
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting confused - which titles are obtainable in-game already, that can be 'bought' through purchasing a house? I was under the impression that the titles "Count" and "Lord" and so forth were only obtainable through purchasing a house (or in some cases, multiple houses).

I said earlier in my feedback that I feel the title system in this game is seriously lacking. There are so few titles, that every time a new one is released, every second person you encounter is wearing it. People appear to be somewhat desperate for titles. I also think that titles like "Lord/Lady" "Count/Countess" etc. are titles that have extremely broad appeal.

Locking titles that have broad appeal behind a paywall of millions in gold or crowns, is just a slap in the face to the community IMHO, unless they are available through some other in-game means (completing a questline or deed).

But perhaps I'm just ignorant of the titles available in-game, and these titles are already available through some other means. All the guides that purport to offer a 'complete list' of ESO titles only list a few dozen, plus the PvP ranks.

I think if there are to be titles that are exclusive to the purchase of housing, they should be land-related titles. "Landlord" "Land Baron" "Estate Master" or the like.
    Edited by Vudokan on 16 January 2017 22:57
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vudokan wrote: »
    There are so few titles, that every time a new one is released, every second person you encounter is wearing it.

Locking titles that have broad appeal behind a paywall of millions in gold or crowns, is just a slap in the face to the community IMHO, unless they are available through some other in-game means (completing a questline or deed).

If you don't want every second person to have the same title, then some titles need to be locked behind hard-to-acquire achievements.

I agree that the game could use more titles though (there are only 13 you can obtain from PvE content right now). But at the same time I think they should be tougher to acquire. Right now, I have almost all the titles from just playing the game. None of them are particularly hard to acquire.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 17 January 2017 01:31
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Bought the house via Crown store (Autumn's-Gate), furnished via store as well. I can sit only one one chair. The other two are inaccessible and the third one has a weird animation glitch - my character tries to sit then stands up by herself.
  • Finn1978
    Finn1978
    Soul Shriven
    Six0 wrote: »
    The second floor outside roof terrace area of the House of the Silent Magnifico.
    Any chance of actually making that part of the buildable area?

Similar to the NPC houses in Alik'r where you can go on the roof and they have furnishing up there. I mean just look at Mournoth Keep it's almost the same house size for an extra 5k gold but has huge outside area that you can build on.

All I'm asking for is some rooftop tea parties while I bask under the heat of the desert sun.

Agreed. I just went back to the Alik'r to check on this house and found the roof area still cannot be edited (I was hoping that might have changed with this new patch). Along those same lines, Hammerdeck End is advertised as having a deck you can dine and hang out on. However, when purchased furnished, that house has a table with seats outside which cannot be moved around nor can other furniture be placed.

In both houses, exiting to the roof or to the deck exits to the zone instead of another area of the grounds, like "Magnifico: Roof" or "Hammerdeck: Deck", which is what happens with houses that are behind walled off areas (ex: instead of exiting to Stros M'Kai, you exit to "Hunding's Palatial: Courtyard") I would guess those two and other similar houses haven't been given an invisible wall outside to designate them as not part of the zone; it just seems a little odd that nothing can be put in those large, outdoor areas!
    Nanilia - DC, Stamplar
    Sparrow Oakvale - DC, Stamblade
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that if you accidentally bought the wrong version of a house (unfurnished instead of furnished, or whatever), or else made the mistake of activating the title deeds that come with a template character (why? why?! why did they put such a pitfall in the game?! those title deed packages should not exist!), there was some Housing reset button, so you could start afresh. On the PTS, obviously, not the live version (thank goodness those title deed TRAPS are not in the live version!). I wanted to check the improvements ZOS stated they made in the patch notes about pre-furnished house furnishings, only now I can't do that. :( FML...
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback regarding the Dunmer houses:

Your recent PTS patch came with no updates to the Dunmer houses, to the disappointment of many, me included.

They all suffer from the same issues - not even regarding the fact that they are simply copy-pasted shells of the regular houses and apartments you see all over the place. Fork out a couple of millions, and you get nothing special or noteworthy here.

Repeating my former critisism:
    • Ebonheart Castle: The castle lacks any form for view or outlook over the nearby volcano and lava flow. Huge opportunity missed here. The large rock wall blocking off any view over the volcano from the courtyard needs to go. Replace it with invisible boundries, but let us at least be able to enjoy the view from the courtyard. The huge walls at the gatehouse also need lowering. They're claustrophobic, make the place feel locked int, and completely block off any view over the Ebonheart town. The house lacks any points of outlook, like balconies, towers or roof terrace. There need to be some high viewpoints like access to the roof, large balconies or such. Hunding's palace has a large number of these - for a third the price.
    • Quondam Indorilia: This one also lacks any sort of view from the courtyard/outer area. Huge walls block off the view in every direction. Feels locked in, small and claustrophobic. No viewpoints provided whatsoever, no balconies, no roof access. This is priced at the same level as Hunding's, yet feels a third the size and with a tiny exterior. Hugely disappointing.
    • Velothi Reverie: Supposed to come with a 'walled garden'. However, it reminds me more of a prison courtyard, all you need is the barbed wire along the 4-5 man high walls that completely block off any possible view or outlook you could have had. You can barely fit together 3 plants out there before it becomes tiny and claustrophobic. Keep the invisible boundries, but lower the walls to half a person's size. Very small interior, very small rooms.
    • Kragenhome: Small, anonymous, carbon copy of every other 1-room Dunmer houses. Nothing special about this one at all.
    • Ebony Flask Inn Room: I get that this is a free room, but come on. It's so tiny that it feels more like a prison isolation cell than an inn room. Low ceiling, tiny poststamp of a room. Almost impossible to play in 3rd person due to the small size. Even if it's free, I won't be using this one at all.
    • Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret: slightly better than the Ebony Flask since you can actually turn around and take 3 steps before walking into a wall. Other than that, still low ceiling and claustrophobic feel.

Also, since my character was finally carried over to PTS, I got to test out all the achievement furnishings, and here is my feedback:

Again somewhat disappointed by Dunmer furnishing. Dunmer have pretty much only the basics available from crafting or Crown Store. Chairs, shelves and counters, that's it. Just going by sheer quantity, I see a large number of Wood elf, High elf and Khajiit stuff, and very little Dark elf.
    The Stonefalls and Deshaan furnishings are also a disappointment. Remnants of Balreth is basically a pile of pink sh*t lit on fire. Literally. Disgusting and disappointing. The other Stonefalls furnishing is simply a hunk of grey rock. It says it's supposed to be a monument or whatever, but in reality it's just slab of stone. Velothi Reliquary could have been a nice thing to add to your house, but for some reason you decided to make it nothing but a jumble of pieces all broken and messy. Instead of getting the real Velothi reliquary replica, we get the broken and messed up one. I'd hide this in my basement at best.
    The blood fountain is also very non-suiting to most homes, cool if you're playing a vampire, not cool for anyone else.
    The plague decanter is also simply a tiny flask. All in all, the Stonefalls and Deshaan furnishing are very disappointing, I really only enjoyed the Tribunal pyramid, which is too large for any home apart from the Ebonheart castle anyway.
    The Master Fisherman boat is also much too large for most homes, and very uninteresting. Why not give us a swordfish on a plaque that you can hang on your wall instead? You can put your boat in the harbor at the Hunding palace, but it won't fit anywhere in any of the Dunmer homes, since they are completely walled off anyway. Thanks for giving me a piece of furnishing I won't be using at all.
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    This might have been mentioned before but Im not going through 17 pages of text to find out. The way to place things in the homes needs some reworking. You guys might want to look at a mod for Skyrim called Jaxonz Positioner. The way that guy did it is great. Well as good as it can be for an old game like Skyrim. The problem I have is that I cant see if Im getting the item either flush against a wall or "hanging" on a hook or whatever. The way it works with Jaxonz you can walk around the item you are placing. You can see if it needs to be flipped or not. Being locked into one way to view isnt well thought out.
    Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why the Home Goods Furnisher doesn't have a preview of what the items look like.

I was hoping this would be fixed in today's updated PTS.

Is it intentional that players not get to know what they are buying?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans for other NPCs to be made available to place in the houses? ie a stablemaster to level up horses for instance?

Hopefully not. Please let's not remove all reason for people to populate the cities, it just gives new players the wrong impression that the game is deserted.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all trees available from in-game merchants or are some of them crown store exclusive?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorkrunne wrote: »
    I don't understand why the Home Goods Furnisher doesn't have a preview of what the items look like.

I was hoping this would be fixed in today's updated PTS.

Is it intentional that players not get to know what they are buying?

Apparently they are working on a new preview system for furnishings, but it wasn't ready for the patch today and will 'hopefully' be ready for release day. The post about it is somewhere in this topic.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the housing in Skyrim. I think it was great. I still like to go to my homes there and just enjoy my time reading books or playing with kids, hanging on my balcony and enjoying the view during auroras, craft in my cellar or bake in the kitchen.

I was somewhat disappointed when I found out that currently many housing items are not that usable in ESO.
    For example, I know that this game has a different and a bit better system than Skyrim with collecting books and eidetic memory, BUT Skyrim's bookshelf is so good. You actually place your own books physically and remove them as needed.

You can use bed, all benches and chairs, cabinets, you can use your kitchen and grow stuff in your garden. The cellar has all the crafting machines, to build, train or just have fun etc.

I know these games are different with different mechanics, but please try to find solutions to our homes in ESO, to be at least as interactive as in Skyrim, if not even better.

Our houses *need* to be more interactive and useful.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been looking at and playing around with the manors today, and didn't really like the AD one because it's Khajiit style, which I personally really dislike (kind of disappointed that the manor wasn't Altmer really, but never mind...) so I went to have a little mess around with the other two, and although the Daggerfall Overlook Manor is AMAZING, and for me, the most attractive of the three, it is completely covered with DC alliance banners and blue drapes...

The other two Manors are pretty much blank canvases, and could easily be inhabited by any alliance, but this 'in your face' blue in Daggerfall Overlook is really off putting... I realise that this home is located in a DC zone, but still, with One Tamriel here now, its a bit stupid to restrict a home to just one alliance like this. Why is there no option to remove these decorations from the walls? That way, it would be more appealing to everyone. With ALL 12 of my characters being AD, this would certainly put me off purchasing it, and I am sure I am not the only one who would feel this way...

[img][/img]31529147964_85a5d2d831_k.jpg

[img][/img]
    32251487651_f085502b9d_k.jpg
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's a list of the houses with a listing of the "Crown Value" of the furnishings in the furnished versions. Also a little bit about the racial style, zone, price and outdoor space availability for each property.

dQoB6Ci.png

My spreadsheet also lists all furnishing items for each furnished house.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zjp0byRyjqQAopZhcWqConJsQiVZQQqH4fxo22qxJc8/edit?usp=sharing

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dominoid thanks for doing this, there's quite some inconsistency there
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Aldmera
    Aldmera
    ✭✭
    I was just wondering if any other styles of homes will be introduced later on or homes in other areas? Specifically Ashlander Yurts or possibly old Dwemer Ruins?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I liked the housing in Skyrim. I think it was great. I still like to go to my homes there and just enjoy my time reading books or playing with kids, hanging on my balcony and enjoying the view during auroras, craft in my cellar or bake in the kitchen.

I was somewhat disappointed when I found out that currently many housing items are not that usable in ESO.
    For example, I know that this game has a different and a bit better system than Skyrim with collecting books and eidetic memory, BUT Skyrim's bookshelf is so good. You actually place your own books physically and remove them as needed.

You can use bed, all benches and chairs, cabinets, you can use your kitchen and grow stuff in your garden. The cellar has all the crafting machines, to build, train or just have fun etc.

I know these games are different with different mechanics, but please try to find solutions to our homes in ESO, to be at least as interactive as in Skyrim, if not even better.

Our houses *need* to be more interactive and useful.

Homestead is basically an update to introduce dioramas to ESO. You basically buy space, and little things to put into it, place everything just as you want it, then take a screen capture and post it somewhere. Invite your friends over and y'all can just stand there and look at it. Interactions are really limited to lighting and a few chair-like things.

It really isn't a Homestead. That is, hopefully, still to come in some future Update.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homestead is basically an update to introduce dioramas to ESO. You basically buy space, and little things to put into it, place everything just as you want it, then take a screen capture and post it somewhere. Invite your friends over and y'all can just stand there and look at it. Interactions are really limited to lighting and a few chair-like things.

It really isn't a Homestead. That is, hopefully, still to come in some future Update.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I know, but I truly hope this is just the beginning and a framework for something bigger. Having your own cozy home has always been nice and in Skyrim game you could actually do so much. Even just stepping outside of your home could be a dangerous thing to do - bandits attacks, wild animals or vampires.

In Skyrim I had kids, a husband, my follower, a bard and a housekeeper of my choice. The house felt full, cozy and lively. Here, it's empty with just me standing there... sure I can invite friends, but it's a lonesome experience.
    For me the housing(s) is always about having that snugged, cozy feeling.

Again, I think ZOS is on the right track, but still so much to do to make the Housing feel real and worth having. Optional NPCs could be an idea to this.

Edited by maboleth on 17 January 2017 21:15
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the latest patch, there seem to be many seats which are supposedly interactable (you get the activation prompt), but when actually trying to activate them to sit, nothing happens. A good example for this are a lot of chairs in the furnished version of Daggerfall Overlook. I think this might be the exact same chairs that didn't even have a prompt before this patch.
    Edited by feyii on 17 January 2017 21:31
  • Aldmera
    Aldmera
    ✭✭
    Invisible walls and ceilings need to go! or at least be better placed.

While testing out an Argonian home I realized how great a little 2nd floor up top would be in the top of the Ample Domicile , but alas after building it I couldn't get into it because of the invisible ceiling. This is even more annoying in the yards where areas are completely accessible without building anything and the invisible walls are located where they needn't be (i.e. there are cliffs all around already or slaughterfish) please work on getting these walls/ceilings removed as well as making the difference between an object's invisible collision and real size closer.