Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Rich Lambert, I'm calling you out...

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    What is your AvA rank?

I'm only 9... I tend to get really angry in PVP when I get owned as badly as I do. We do have a bunch of Rank 20+ devs though.
    @ZOS_RichLambert Honest question, would you be open with running Maw of Lorkhaj with us, it would be cool to have developers run dungeons/trials with guilds.
    I hate to be the kill joy but... I think that starts stepping into areas most MMO Companies have rules against. If it was done openly with developer characters on PTS I could see everyone being fine with it.

However on live with Dev player characters could start a lot of rumours and issues ZOS don't want to deal with.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • infidel1983
    Great thread, great game. Cheers
    If Carlsberg did Dragonknights....
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    What is your AvA rank?

I'm only 9... I tend to get really angry in PVP when I get owned as badly as I do. We do have a bunch of Rank 20+ devs though.
    @ZOS_RichLambert Honest question, would you be open with running Maw of Lorkhaj with us, it would be cool to have developers run dungeons/trials with guilds.
    I hate to be the kill joy but... I think that starts stepping into areas most MMO Companies have rules against. If it was done openly with developer characters on PTS I could see everyone being fine with it.

However on live with Dev player characters could start a lot of rumours and issues ZOS don't want to deal with.
    I mean I don't expect him to use his Live character, but they probably have dummy characters
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert speaking as a player not a DEV what would you like to see added/ changed about the game personally?

^ @ZOS_RichLambert it would be really interesting to hear your thoughts on things you would like to see from a player stand point for sure. We've posted a ton of ours :smiley:
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

rank 20?!?! do you have anyone who is really into pvp?
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers @ZOS_RichLambert
    Options
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This... this is one of the many reasons I like this game. You don't see many game devs who talk openly with the community.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    What is your AvA rank?

Wheeler
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Favorite mount? Motifs used in gear? Favorite dye setup? Any lamentations on not being able to change gear appearance?
    Edited by Recremen on 8 July 2016 16:11
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert yes, yes yes yes! The community needs more of this, it is so great seeing you interact with us <3 Keeo up the good work!

Almost forgot,

Can we has hand to hand skill line?? I mean, as a player, wouldnt it be amazing to do! Templar monks, Elemental Monks (dk sorc), and bare hand assassins (nb). Oh the fun!
    Edited by OGLezard on 8 July 2016 15:52
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

What has AvA rank to do with being "really into PvP"? It's only a measure of time spent, nothing more. I have one char at 25 and 6 others between 10 and 20. I spend most of my time in Cyrodiil. I'm certainly not one of the best, but I know my ship in there.

Why do people jump on threads like these all offensive and ensure that the replies will stop? Thanks for nothing, mate.
    Edited by Leandor on 8 July 2016 15:49
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

I love this community sometimes, I really do.

So would you rather they worked on the game, or played it? You need to remember that most of the developers are working 9-5 on the game, then going home to families or other things, they're not all unemployed or students like most of our high ranked AvA players.

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Favorite NPC? Oh, wait. I already know the answer. It's Razum-Dar. Everybody loves Razum-Dar. EVERYBODY.

Or else.

eso2014-07-2909-44-19-35.jpg
    darien-gautier.png
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to run vMA with a stam DK yet. That is the most fun/challenging I have found in this game yet. Sometimes, the pain feels so good :-)
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

So would you rather they worked on the game, or played it? You need to remember that most of the developers are working 9-5 on the game, then going home to families or other things, they're not all unemployed or students like most of our high ranked AvA players.

i would think that playing the game can help them develop the game;
    like yeah lets give all mudcrabs the ability to 1 shot everything.... that'll be fun dinamic, plays game for 2 hours, realises OP mudcrabs is not a fun/good dynamic, and deletes code!
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Favorite NPC? Oh, wait. I already know the answer. It's Razum-Dar. Everybody loves Razum-Dar. EVERYBODY.

Or else.

eso2014-07-2909-44-19-35.jpg
    darien-gautier.png

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

i would think that playing the game can help them develop the game;
    like yeah lets give all mudcrabs the ability to 1 shot everything.... that'll be fun dinamic, plays game for 2 hours, realises OP mudcrabs is not a fun/good dynamic, and deletes code!

Sure but as stated this thread is about Rich and other developers free time out of work hours, they're not playing it to develop it (although the insights would help) they're playing it to have fun. I am sure a bunch of them also take breaks for other games like Fallout etc.

Any way don't want to derail the thread with debates, more fun reading Rich's answers.
    Options
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

I'm curious to know if there is any zenimax developper playing on PC EU magaserver ?
    Options
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    Everyone viewing this topic right now:

tumblr_nyyx4sOw7h1tt7n66o1_500.gif
    I just think it's nice to know creative director keeps up with ingame metas when playing outside of work.

Just nice to know that any of the developers actually put real playtime into the game. Maybe if Rich spent some time in Cyrodiil we might see real fixes for the PvP crowd (many of which like myself have left and gave up).
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

Cheers, thanks for answering.

Would be glad to have you run with us anytime in Cyro.
    Maybe work on that anger....?
    Options
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

My guess is there delving into all aspects of the game and not focusing in 1 area in-particular. But on the other hand For pvp I wonder how much they divide time on the vet and non vet servers and if so what pvp do they find enjoyable.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the web cast it was said, that there are difficulties to implement donating crowns to other accounts due to fraud issues. Nevertheless I would definitely want to donate ESO+ membership to a few other players, who are really nice persons, but cannot afford a longer ESO+ membership. It would be great, if there would be a way to donate 6-months subscriptions to them - maybe just once per month, this should not really raise an issue with fraud like this - and it could be really helpful for those getting such a donation - they get ESO+, they get crowns and can buy some stuff from the crown store - it would be a great gift - make it happen before the year ends, @ZOS_RichLambert , that we can help others to enjoy the game in full.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    In the web cast it was said, that there are difficulties to implement donating crowns to other accounts due to fraud issues. Nevertheless I would definitely want to donate ESO+ membership to a few other players, who are really nice persons, but cannot afford a longer ESO+ membership. It would be great, if there would be a way to donate 6-months subscriptions to them - maybe just once per month, this should not really raise an issue with fraud like this - and it could be really helpful for those getting such a donation - they get ESO+, they get crowns and can buy some stuff from the crown store - it would be a great gift - make it happen before the year ends, @ZOS_RichLambert , that we can help others to enjoy the game in full.

If you can buy it as a gift card with a code, you can technically gift it. IDK if ESO Plus comes as a gift card code though. You can give the person the code without risking your personal information. I had a buddy, after a long series of events, he didn't have ESO and asked me to buy it for him. I bought the game digitally on sale through Amazon and messaged him the code. He was able to download it and my personal information is never revealed.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on 8 July 2016 16:47
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

If you can buy it as a gift card with a code, you can technically gift it. IDK if ESO Plus comes as a gift card code though. You can give the person the code without risking your personal information. I had a buddy, after a long series of events, he didn't have ESO and asked me to buy it for him. I bought the game digitally on sale through Amazon and messaged him the code. He was able to download it and my personal information is never revealed.

Well, I want to be certain, that he/she gets the ESO+ membership and is unable to sell the code to others - I want that, what I donate, to have the intended effect and be certain, that it cannot be abused for other than the intended purpose. IF I would just give away the code, there would be too much temptation to resell this code - because it is a lot of money in their country.

In EVE online for example, I just activate a PLEX, type in a player's name and press the donate button - and that player's account will immediately have the game time added to his/her account. I could give them a PLEX as well, but then I would have the risk, that they would sell the PLEX - 920 million isk are just too much of a temptation for some. So CCP made it a secure donation method.
    Edited by Lysette on 8 July 2016 16:56
    Options
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Elloa wrote: »
    Ooh nice! I love this thread! Saw the interview yesterday and really enjoyed myself!
    I too, has question for you, mister @ZOS_RichLambert :) *wave*

- Which is your favourite race (from a Lore/look perspective)
    My first character ever made on live was Argonian... so I guess you could say I have a soft spot for them.
    - Which is your favourite Dungeon?
    Vaults of Madness... it was the first dungeon I ever worked on. (I was the dungeon team lead waaaaayyyy back when)
    - Which is your favourite Zone?
    Orsinium currently... though there's some internal stuff we're working on that is shaping up to replace that. :)
    - Which is your favorite notable NPC
    If I had to choose just one... probably the Drake of Blades.
    - What mount do you use as "main" mount?
    I cycle between several depending on mood. Right now I'm riding the Dro-m'athra Senche.

Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Have you finished a Vet Trial on the live or pts version of the game?

Nope not yet. I try to keep a low profile on live and generally you are pretty close with your guild if you are running vets. (I'm not currently in a guild on live atm either so that makes it a bit harder hehe)
    Rich Lambert
    Options
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium currently... though there's some internal stuff we're working on that is shaping up to replace that. :)

Now that is TEASING TORTURE :p

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on 8 July 2016 17:17
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many CP do you have?

Wow, you dont even fill the requirement to join our guild haha.
    Is this why you dont raise the cap more then 30 points?
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on 8 July 2016 17:22
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WTB Dragon mount :trollface:

Dragon Mount will be avalaible on crown store on January 2029
    Megaserver US - since 2014
    Options
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Leandor wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    You realize that you now have to go through with the yarn thing. No one is allowed to disappoint @SantieClaws , the most worthy participant of these forums, barring none. And I mean that to the letter of what I have written.
    Oh I know... @SantieClaws always finds a way to brighten my day when reading the forums.
    Rich Lambert
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.