Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Rich Lambert, I'm calling you out...

• WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Hey rich. When ya gonna fix your busted game?

You know you don't have to be here right?

And there is the problem front and center. You would rather tell me to leave the game than to fix it, admit fault, or do anything to fix the many things people playing on Xbox have said are wrong with the game.

[Snip]

"You can leave if you don't like it" a lot of bullies say that. Just saying.

[Edit to remove flaming.]

And you're an example of the toxicity infesting these forums by trying to bring down a purely positive thread with the sole intention of communication between players and dev as a player and not customer and service provider.

All the complaints on this forum about things being broken. Yet no one questions the person in charge of THE ENTIRE GAME.

Take off your fan boy sun glasses and have the nerve to question someone who is in a position to change things instead of falling in line like the rest of them. It's just sad. How can no one ask him questions pertaining to the game being broken?? I'm not saying "fix the lag" I'm asking about specific game breaking problems on Xbox.

But carry on with the grade school questions. I'll see my way out since that's what they want.

I believe the point he is trying to make is that the game isn't broken. It loads up, you can do a ton of stuff. Theres maybe 1-2% of the game that could be considered "Broken." I promise you they are working to fix things. The people who work hard at this game to make it what it is dont just go "Oh, this is broken? I'll never fix that." No, they make an agenda and plan out fixes for everything. Not everything is a simple click here and click there and its magically fixed. These things take time and they have separate teams for separate things.

So basically if you do not like the way the company is managed/prioritizes things, "you know you dont have to be here right?" :)
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on 9 July 2016 22:27
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    What is your AvA rank?

I'm only 9... I tend to get really angry in PVP when I get owned as badly as I do. We do have a bunch of Rank 20+ devs though.

Have you guys ever considered having a "Devs VS The World" sort of PVP event? I've always thought that it would be cool if the 7 or 8 devs gave themselves near god-like powers and took on the entire PVP community. Could be a good way to test of captureable cities!

You know you can do that with any Guard right?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well guards not god like and their AI is terrible. Same with keeps, put a small scale group of good players inside that know how to use siege properly and the entire off zerg walks home without flipping flag.

Defence potential is pretty awesome in ESO and cannot really be simulated by guards.

Thats really missing in keep raids at the moment, some challenge for your faction.
    To split captureable cities into areas wasn't a bad idea , if you want it all you need to get organized.
    Edited by Bromburak on 9 July 2016 21:53
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »
    Well guards not god like and their KI is terrible. Same with keeps, put a small scale group of good players inside that know how to use siege properly and the entire off zerg walks home without flipping flag.

Def potential is pretty awesome in ESO and cannot simulated by stupid guards.

I meant Justice System Guards lol

Seriously get together about 200 players and take on the Guards of an entire city (Rawl'kha is nice and small, a perfect place to do it) and I would gladly endure any and all lag to see and possibly participate in that!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 9 July 2016 21:48
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Vigarr wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Do you or any other devs gift yourselves items or is there any special dev only items like the Axe of Awesomeness that grants 1 million weapon damage?

It would be funny if the devs could wear the Akatosh armor from the main quest in Cyrodiil and roflstomp everyone. :p

Why would they want to do that - there is nothing more boring than being invincible.

Skyrim has a bit of an exploit there. Friend of mine did it all the time. Basically lets you make gear with godly stats (no god mode needed, just clever use of Alchemy and Enchanting lol)

Slightly off topic but my son managed it and had a sword which was -1.xxxxxxx (lots of numbers) which could take out Parthenax with one hit. Never worked out why it was in minus numbers. .....
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Do you or any other devs gift yourselves items or is there any special dev only items like the Axe of Awesomeness that grants 1 million weapon damage?

It would be funny if the devs could wear the Akatosh armor from the main quest in Cyrodiil and roflstomp everyone. :p

Why would they want to do that - there is nothing more boring than being invincible.

Skyrim has a bit of an exploit there. Friend of mine did it all the time. Basically lets you make gear with godly stats (no god mode needed, just clever use of Alchemy and Enchanting lol)

Slightly off topic but my son managed it and had a sword which was -1.xxxxxxx (lots of numbers) which could take out Parthenax with one hit. Never worked out why it was in minus numbers. .....

Rollover I'd say, plus the fact it was never supposed to happen lol
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

the - figure is showing you how much health parthonax will have after you use it on him :D
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »
    Well guards not god like and their KI is terrible. Same with keeps, put a small scale group of good players inside that know how to use siege properly and the entire off zerg walks home without flipping flag.

Def potential is pretty awesome in ESO and cannot simulated by stupid guards.

I meant Justice System Guards lol

Seriously get together about 200 players and take on the Guards of an entire city (Rawl'kha is nice and small, a perfect place to do it) and I would gladly endure any and all lag to see and possibly participate in that!

Yes huge PvP raids that require a lot of man power would be awesome.
    I liked the idea of relic raids in DAOC where you need to raid the keeps to reduce the amount and strength of guards in the Relic Castle else it's really hard to get the relic. I wish they would have done something similar to scroll raids in ESO.
    Edited by Bromburak on 9 July 2016 22:07
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is your AvA rank?

I'm only 9... I tend to get really angry in PVP when I get owned as badly as I do. We do have a bunch of Rank 20+ devs though.

Have you guys ever considered having a "Devs VS The World" sort of PVP event? I've always thought that it would be cool if the 7 or 8 devs gave themselves near god-like powers and took on the entire PVP community. Could be a good way to test out captureable cities!

They've done something slightly similar a couple times on PTS, although it was without any special powers.
    Options
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Why is the Marksman set 5 piece passive limited to affecting only other players? Making it viable in PvE would make the use of bows more appealing, which I think has been neglected a bit.

Great thread btw
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert

For a few minutes, it can be awesome.

Really. I would hate to have it for the whole game, but you know the one part where you get a huge, temporary power boost? Its great to get a chance to one shot enemies that have given you grief through the main quest. Outta my way, puny daedroth! Bye-bye wussy dark seducers! Oh yeah. Made up for all the fights I struggled in at the beginning.... For the whole game, no. I'd turn down the Platinum Diamond Uber Armor of Godhood and the Battleaxe of TOTAL CARNAGE. I want the chance to actually fight and win on my character's merits. For those few minutes though, oh yeah.

Yeah, in many games I came to a point, where I just made myself too powerful and not even choosing the highest difficulty could make me continue playing - I like the build up phase more, where you get slowly more powerful in small steps, but when it is achieved, well, not fun anymore to me.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Yes, that is why I used the AOE perk and combat system instead - and removed all the crafting mats from shops in a mod. If you cannot buy those, you have to hunt, mine and delve into ruins to get what you need.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Because the high bit is making it negative - if it overflows, it overflows into negative values therefore.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And now to test your soul....

David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Have you tried to do some min/maxing in ESO or have you just tried to make builds that suit your style and not worry about the stats at every encounter?
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
    Options
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And there is the problem front and center. You would rather tell me to leave the game than to fix it, admit fault, or do anything to fix the many things people playing on Xbox have said are wrong with the game.

[Snip]

"You can leave if you don't like it" a lot of bullies say that. Just saying.

[Edit to remove flaming.]

@N0TPLAYER2 the problem is you, and players like you. This thread was a positive one until you piped up.

Good to see you'll be moving on. Oh, and I am so happy to see a dev essentially tell a player to go **** off.

Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    What is your AvA rank?
    This is a good one
    Have you ever typed hd55 in zone?

LOL
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Have you tried to do some min/maxing in ESO or have you just tried to make builds that suit your style and not worry about the stats at every encounter?

Being as super competitive as he is I imagine he min/maxes. Hell I'm not competitive but I min/max, but only within my own builds and not meta builds.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 10 July 2016 01:13
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert how many devs play? You said you guys had a lot of AvA rank 20s, makes me feel like there is a lot!

Edit: oh and one more question: Do you guys get to do any voice acting? I mean even for just a one liner?
    Edited by Waffennacht on 10 July 2016 01:34
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the complaints on this forum about things being broken. Yet no one questions the person in charge of THE ENTIRE GAME.

Rich isn't in charge "of the entire game". That would be Matt Firor.

Rich is the creative director, which means he's the one imagining and designing the imaginary world in which we play, and the way we interact with it and with each other. That's the field where he has the power to make decisions.

Bug fixing is a matter of the head of programming (or whatever it's called at ZOS), resource allocation (like "hire more devs or not") would be a matter for Matt Firor, etc.

QQ about game bugs and issues is not only out of place in this thread, it's also addressed to the wrong person.

(Disclaimer : I'm not aware at all how ZOS is really organized, it's just what titles mean in general in any organization).

Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

xgz9nkR.gif
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this thread.

Hey @ZOS_RichLambert does anyone have all the achievements yet? Maybe barring no death VMOL.
    Edited by BlackEar on 10 July 2016 11:13
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Well, yes, it does, and everyone who used it complained about how easy the game was and that it was boring! They were also, everyone, unwilling to drop their god-mode armor and go punch a giant in their skivvies. So I guess the point is made. Beyond the maniacal laugh, god-mode is boring.

I do wonder about the devs using add-ons. If they are so wonderful why can't the rest of us have the benefits? By rest I mean console people and maybe Mac users (mine was so pitiful that an add-on if available would have killed the game). Of course, I do have an add-on actually. It's a tablet that sits with the controllers that has location maps already queued.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who closes the door behind us when we enter a boss fight?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously. we get one thread to get to know these people and you guys have to ruin it.
    Edited by Armitas on 10 July 2016 13:50
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

someone above asked if you or other devs ever do a spot of voice acting... im just gonna say this once. im an (welsh female) actor, mainly worked on welsh langage TV but have experience in the sci-fi/fantasy genre... if your casting, ya know where to find me. LOL
    Edited by bebynnag on 10 July 2016 14:43
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just ignore the last page of crap and hope that we can get back to how this started - I've been enjoying /lurking here for the past couple of days...

@ZOS_RichLambert

Without hurting the feelings of any of your dungeon team, is there any dungeon that you get queued for and have a little twinge of 'oh, not again'?
    I'm hoping that there is a special place in hell reserved for Captain Blackheart... I remember my first (low level) go against him, such a damn pain.

Also, I didn't see if you mentioned explicitly, but is the DK you're working on stamina or magicka?
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That just made my entire year! :lol:
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and btw. you think his personal opinion as a player differs from what he's doing as a developer? would sound a little bit schizophrenic, right?

Lol, you haven't been in a professional environment for long, have you ?

Of course Rich cannot develop "his own personal dream MMO". He's got to develop the dream MMO for the targets audiences that have been chosen by the investors.
    So yes it's a little bit schizophrenic, and that's the everyday struggle of anyone having to earn his living and respond to employers, investors or customers.

That's precisely what's great about him telling us a little bit about his own ESO experience : a creator doesn't look at things from the same point of view as a user, and being both a creator and a user must be ... interesting, to say the least ?

Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10/10
    Options
This discussion has been closed.