Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.0

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the love of god, fix the light armor shoulder problem, i dont want floating shoulder armor
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad for race balance this could have been worse I expected major nerfs to some races but absolutely no class balance WTF ZOS the Sorcerer class needs some major help guess I might self my sorc after all seeing it will still be the worst class for awhile.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Eh Zenimax you forgot about Dragonknights

Or did they remember to ignore them?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I think that you may have made a mistake with the patch notes.

You wrote that the following sets will drop, in the future, at Aetherian Archive

"
    Akaviri Dragonguard
    Nikulas
    Red Mountain
    Salvation
    Silks of the Sun
    Syrabane’s Grip
    "

That is confusing because, normally, those sets drop from Hel-Ra Citadel.

You wrote that the following sets will drop, in the future, at Hel--Ral Citadel.

"
    Darkstride
    Ice Furnace
    Necromancer
    Necropotence
    Storm Knight
    Stygian
    Warlock
    "

That is confusing because, normally, those sets drop from Aetherian Archive.

Additionally, I think that the Unassailable set should be added to loot pool for whatever trial ends up with the Akaviri Dragonguard, Nikulas, Red Mountain, etc sets.

I have some issues with some other patch notes too, but those issues will result in more of a debate. I think that the above issues that I point out are mistakes for sure.

Thank you for looking into this,

LT
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orc will still be garbage in the future.

Footman will be even worse garbage in the future than it is now.

Stormknight had a cool identity, but will be garbage if spell damage is removed for resist.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hollywood wrote: »
    And suddenly my Argonian Templar goes from underwhelimg to amazing :D

Sings-Vas-Mani the Argonian healer agrees!
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Love the passive changes, and thank you for the barber shop. That said, racial passives are palpable things that affect real combat. Making a player pay money to optimize their race to their build seems like an overstep in the Crown Store system. Things like the Banker and vanity mounts would be better as rare rewards from dungeons and trials in my opinion. But having a portable merchant or glowing horse doesn't make a healer more or less effective. Mount speed/stamina does affect combat to a degree in PVP, but we do have a way to level it without paying $40. I don't know whether there are any plans to make racial changes accessible to people who work for a living. If not than we need one. I would like to see a location where gold can be payed to get this service. This would serve as another check on inflation, and bring race changes into many more player's reach. You could even just spawn in an NPC that appears monthly if you want racial change to be a more weighted decision, or grant a monthly token to subscribers to provide extra incentive to become a sustained member. If this is decided against, then please give existing players a free token for each character they have when the patch goes live.
    Edited by Neowit on 27 June 2016 22:51
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steffi_K wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »
    Not a fan of khajiit no longer having health regen as one of their passives, they are AD's more durable race but now they have 2 stamina dps races. Will see how this plays out, but overall, meh.

totaly agree I like my khajiit as it is I dont need that 6% more stam -_-
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
    Khajiit Skills

Medium Armor Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Cutpurse.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your chance to successfully pickpocket by 5%.
    Robust Constitution: This passive ability has been renamed to “Nimble.” Also, it no longer increases your Health Recovery by 6/13/20%. It now increases your Max Stamina by 2/4/6% and continues to increase your Stamina Recovery by 3/6/10%.

Plz no leave the HP Recovery as it is! Why more stamina?

Oh, shut up. Health recovery is useless for a race that has no tanking benefits.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Kahl-Mei, the Argonian tank disagrees. :|
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] I get a feeling you guys are trying to cull health regen builds from the game.
    [/list]

They also quietly culled all the non-class sources of major fortitude in DB patch. This is kinda the nail in the coffin for any regen build that isn't DK or Temp.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on 27 June 2016 23:52
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

My Argonian Magicka DK is quite pleased to suddenly find himself so full of magicka.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall, some much needed small fixes.

But I am very glad I haven't bothered to update my magicka DK orc tank, because she just got nerfed again. Oy. Altmer race change or GTFO, I guess.
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Great job ZOS, personally I feel Khajit didn't need a buff to their racials as already coming in at some of the best single target Stam DPS racials in the game, however the new update looks great. Looking forward to 2 tough dungeons and an updated VDSA. Hopefully these are DIFFICULT! I do feel Breton's resistance as more of a defensive magicka class could have been buffed to overall resistance not just spell and reduced cost could be buffed up to 8-10% but this could be me being greedy.
    Edited by Tremors on 27 June 2016 23:21
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no class changes because of all the racial passive changes, I'd say class will come with the November patch.

Breton and Altmer passives are now behind the health/stamina based ones.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    Still exploring/looking around (and VERY excited, thank you!) I do think I found a bug, though. In the UserSettings.txt file, I have reset the LUA memory limit to 1024 *four times* now, saved it, re-opened the file to prove to myself that I did that.... and then when I run the game, it magically resets itself to 64. Which is very incompatible with my addon-heavy playstyle. Yikes!

Oh, also, I noticed that the game launcher is automatically launching the 64-bit game for me now, which I appreciate, but you might want to let ppl know that.
    Edited by oshaugm on 27 June 2016 23:27
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *facepalms*

Never did they say that this would be the magicka update. Some have made that false assumption. That was TWO updates ago with Thieves' Guild. Stamina was the Dark Brotherhood.
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    no changes to skills?
    this was supposed to be a magicka update...

Nowhere did they say that. Thieves Guild was your Magicka Update.

The relative balance has already gone through a lengthy period where it skewed strongly in favor of "sticks and dress magicka builds" and that was way back at ESO's launch. The patch favoring stamina builds came a year later with 1.5.

With each subsequent patch, balance has continued to improve a bit in small steps. I would be rather surprised if we see any future update where magicka or any particular build completely dominates as was the case at launch.

• edopey
    edopey
    ✭✭✭
    oshaugm wrote: »
    Still exploring/looking around (and VERY excited, thank you!) I do think I found a bug, though. In the UserSettings.txt file, I have reset the LUA memory limit to 1024 *four times* now, saved it, re-opened the file to prove to myself that I did that.... and then when I run the game, it magically resets itself to 64. Which is very incompatible with my addon-heavy playstyle. Yikes!

Oh, also, I noticed that the game launcher is automatically launching the 64-bit game for me now, which I appreciate, but you might want to let ppl know that.

After you save it, change it to "Read only". That should do the trick =)
  • ms2mustaine
    World Building
    A few new buildings were added to several zones, and the zone maps were updated accordingly. These buildings are not accessible at this time. In some of these locations, wildlife, and/or bystanders were removed or adjusted to make way for the new construction. In addition, some residents have been moved from their homes, and those buildings are no longer accessible. These changes are in preparation for the upcoming release of Player Housing.

OMG I want my nes house :D
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    WHY DAFAQ WOULD YOU CHANGE BOUND ARMOR AGAIN!? I don't want to see that armor, it's perfectly fine the way it is, gawd you guys are annoying.
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the best idea to do for racials is to add morphs to racials so we can choose what racials we want instead of what we still have.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not allow us to nuke the portals in DSA
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Argonians are the new best Healers, now!

And MagBlades

How are they good magblades?
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First time I see an orc crying
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on 27 June 2016 23:50
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First time I see an orc crying

Are they tears of joy because of the new 5% boost to healing received? :p
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on 28 June 2016 00:57
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not an Argonian healer, there's not much to be excited about. I think they should have given them 6% max magicka and maybe reduced the max health to 6% or healing down to 6%. I agree that Argonians have been pidgeonholed too much.
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    Too hard to fix Dragonblood in pvp I guess... :'(

Git gud ZOS
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to complain about only 1% extra Gold for Imperials, but they already have some top notch passives so I can't really, I'd definitely prefer having AP over Gold though, and it certainly fits more with Imperials as someone else said. Nice to see they kept Argonians having their swim speed, and in general that the old racial passives were preserved and the new ones just added on, with a few relatively minor exceptions.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    If you're not an Argonian healer, there's not much to be excited about. I think they should have given them 6% max magicka and maybe reduced the max health to 6% or healing down to 6%. I agree that Argonians have been pidgeonholed too much.

I don't think that's true at all. While my Argonian might not have the same flame damage as my dunmer, he did just gain some extra magicka and that's a big deal to him.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Racial
    Argonian Skills
    Amphibious: This passive ability has been renamed to “Resourceful.” Also, it no longer increases your swimming speed by 50%.
    NO!!!
    It now increases your Max Magicka by 1/2/3%, and continues to restore 4/8/12% of your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina whenever you drink a potion.
    YES!!!
    Restoration Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Amphibian.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your swimming speed by 50%.
    Whew, too close.

Lol, pretty much my reaction exactly, scared me for a minute there but came through in the end.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    I see a few people complaining about cp cap only going up 30 points but remember they're trying to level a playing field giving a chance to newer players to catch up as well.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician