Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.0

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadowfen
    The Skin-Stealer's Lair: Fixed an issue that caused Ukatsei to despawn as you approached him.
    The Trial of the Ghost Snake: Clarified that the rodents you need to search for are of an unusual size.

Pretty sure that Trial of the Ghost Snake takes place in Deshaan.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Love the Khajiit and Argoninan change :smile:
    Great Work!

I'm guessing you have (or will have) an Argonian Healer. Because no-one in their right mind will want Agonians for anything else now.

At least before, there was some utility in boosting healing received (for both DPS and Tanks), but what use is healing done for anything other than a healer?

There's no diversity here at all. Absolutely none.

Argonian Templar magica tanks and DD's will still benefit from the extra healing when spamming sweeps.

Options
  • FlyLeaf30
    FlyLeaf30
    ✭✭✭
    don't kill the messenger guys. Yeah I was expecting some new zone along with this but I'm overall happy with it. I'm happy that construction is in play for housing though :smiley: One question, will we be able to see the difference of the construction? Oh and when can we expect to test out this new content, today or are the servers coming up tomorrow sometime? Oh and character copies, will they be on PTS this time? Please say yes.
    Guildmaster of Aldmeri Elite (PVE) and Tamriel Trade Center (Trading)Master Adventurer (main) Kilara Delecour
    Options
  • HoolDog
    HoolDog
    ✭✭✭
    Semner wrote: »
    Dragonstar Arena Improvements
    Test your strength against the denizens of the Dragonstar Arena!
    • Monsters have had their difficulty increased as well as their rewards.
    • Items and Weapon Sets obtained in the Arena have been updated to scale up to max level, which is Champion 160.
    • Four older item sets have been updated and drop in Dragonstar Arena at Champion 160. They are:
      • Archer's Mind
      • Destruction Master
      • Footman
      • Healer

I would assume that "Items and Weapon Sets obtained in the Arena have been updated to scale up to max level, which is Champion 160" means that Master weapons will scale, yes.

I thought this but master weapons are a big deal... Allowing groups to farm good weapons. Which is ideal for players that hate solo content like maelstroms weapons. So I thought they would be specifically mentioned.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any API update in 2.5.0?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    I see a problem with a few of the new passives intended to replace the skill passives. You replaced some that gave you experience in a skill line to ones that give you experience overall (High Elf) or in crafting skill lines (Orc). Eventually you will hit the cap and those will be as useless as the old ones.

The skill line boost passives aren't being replaced. The new passives are being added on top of the existing skill passives.

Your point about certain passives being useless after a certain point is valid, though.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    no changes to skills?
    this was supposed to be a magicka update...

Nowhere did they say that. Thieves Guild was your Magicka Update.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    I also thinks racial passives would be better if the were simply toned down. 10% increases are a bit extreme. We shouldn't HAVE to pick a race based on it's passives. We should pick them because they appeal to our personality or our characters personality. 1/2/3% or 2/3/4% or even 2/4/6% wouldn't be so bad.

No one should say "I got out DPSed because I'm an Argonian" or "You stink at tanking because he's an Argonian." or "Your heals stink cause your not an Argonian."

But ZOS has been moving more towards segregated stam / magicka rather then 'play your way' for a long time. I miss hybrid builds. I kinda wish for ever point you put in stamina or magicka you got 50% (or so) of the other trait as well.

Agree. "Play your way" really means "You can play your way but you won't be competitive unless you play our way". What happened to the "cosmetic" or "fun" aspects of racial passives? 9% extra healing done is neither cosmetic nor fun, it's just imbalanced.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any API update in 2.5.0?

Yep, working on formatting those notes now. They'll be up shortly. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    I also thinks racial passives would be better if the were simply toned down. 10% increases are a bit extreme. We shouldn't HAVE to pick a race based on it's passives. We should pick them because they appeal to our personality or our characters personality. 1/2/3% or 2/3/4% or even 2/4/6% wouldn't be so bad.

No one should say "I got out DPSed because I'm an Argonian" or "You stink at tanking because he's an Argonian." or "Your heals stink cause your not an Argonian."

But ZOS has been moving more towards segregated stam / magicka rather then 'play your way' for a long time. I miss hybrid builds. I kinda wish for ever point you put in stamina or magicka you got 50% (or so) of the other trait as well.

I agree. Not a fan of pidgeonholing races into roles, at all.

I still prefer the way it was before, with the soft caps.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Mike_IG
    Mike_IG
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Please just get rid of the Dunmer, you've killed any reason to EVER use him. Frost and shock damage from a Dunmer? wtf is that logic?

You mis-understood fire damage will be the same but in addition frost and shock damage will be added.
    But the resistance to fire damage is gone.So, its bad for vampire dunmer.

Is fire resistance not on another passive not listed here in the patch notes so they will still have the resistance or am I missing something?.

Options
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, on 2nd thought, the new "fun" and "roleplay" non-combat effects of Khajiit (+5% to pickpocket) and Bosmer (-10% fall damage) should be switched.
    Options
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Looked forward to play my magicka char as an orc :(
    PTS-EU
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    new motifs??
    Options
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Mike_IG wrote: »
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Please just get rid of the Dunmer, you've killed any reason to EVER use him. Frost and shock damage from a Dunmer? wtf is that logic?

You mis-understood fire damage will be the same but in addition frost and shock damage will be added.
    But the resistance to fire damage is gone.So, its bad for vampire dunmer.

Is fire resistance not on another passive not listed here in the patch notes so they will still have the resistance or am I missing something?.

They still have resistance. There was no mention of changes to the "Resist Flame" Dark Elf passive in the notes.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    [*]Necropotence: This item set’s Max Magicka bonus has been changed to a flat value instead of a percentage.

Oh I knew it. How was I naive to believe, that ZoS would just buff something for a change instead of buffing and nerfing at the same time.

Now I wish it would just stay V12 instead. What's the point when the V16 version is much worse than as the V12 version is right now.

This, shame they make every cool set less cool with every update they try to "reintroduce" them ...lol

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Slakk
    Slakk
    ✭✭✭
    We're all so edgy today, yo.
    2 new dungeons and some life breathed back into all those old trials, and we're still just going rabble rabble.
    I'll just be the minority and say that I'm gonna be running the newly loved content like crazy.

Gonna be hitting up that new AA, someone will crash mid-run every time and then we'll wait 5-10 for everyone to get back or reset and then i'll be forced to eat my words...
    We really need more good PvE content drops that get everyone running trials again.
    That's the lifeblood of guild growth.
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Probably just a missed "no" on the second item here?
    Visual Effects
    • Mubcrabs pets now appropriately leave behind clawprints
    • It is longer possible to interrupt the Minotaur Shaman’s Pillars of Nirn visual effect
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no Cadwell Mount!
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOVE the section about the Performance fixes for Cyrodiil !!!!

Oh wait... nvm...
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " - Bards may no longer be killed."

Okay, this is clearly the worst news in this entire update. I think it should read:

"Bards can now be chased away (not killed) from their current location by attacking them. If your bullying is witnessed you will get a bounty placed on you, otherwise enjoy your newfound peace and quiet."

Think of them like practice dummies. We can hit them as much as we need to in order to feel better. I could see myself chasing bards all over the many towns of Tamerial. There should be an achievement: Music Critic

At the very least, wouldn't it be fun to pickpocket their instrument? Imagine the bard playing along and then all of the sudden a confused "huh?" as he looks around for his missing instrument.

I really think we are missing a huge opportunity to abuse bards!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically:

1) Make race change cost crowns.

2) Change races so in order to min/max you must now choose a specific race.

Why would you do this? $$$ <----
    Edited by Vaoh on 27 June 2016 20:32
    Options
  • GreenTea
    GreenTea
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS, why do you hate Khajiit Magicka Nightblades?

puss-in-boots-o.gif
    Watch me derp around playing ESO twitch.tv/tea_the_khajiit
    In-game info: @Greeentea (with Three E's)
    Main: Ki'tea
    Morrowind Roleplayer since launch!
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Probably just a missed "no" on the second item here?
    Visual Effects
    • Mubcrabs pets now appropriately leave behind clawprints
    • It is longer possible to interrupt the Minotaur Shaman’s Pillars of Nirn visual effect

Yep, fixing. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, lots of neat additions this update, but I've gotta call out an issue with one of the racial passives! It is absolutely criminal to let Bretons earn more Alliance Points than others as a racial passive! Even 1% is completely out of line!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thoroughly pleased by the changes to the racials. Right on.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Did BOP in group trading make it into this patch? I don't see it in the notes?
    Edited by Cuyler on 27 June 2016 20:39
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not asking for more...we're just asking for DK dragon blood to be useful in pvp PLEASE. I've been waiting for ages..

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Wow, lots of neat additions this update, but I've gotta call out an issue with one of the racial passives! It is absolutely criminal to let Bretons earn more Alliance Points than others as a racial passive! Even 1% is completely out of line!
    I agree, any AP% gain modifiers seem quite unfair when the total # of AP is used to rank the PvP leaderboards.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Argonian Skills
    Amphibious: This passive ability has been renamed to “Resourceful.” Also, it no longer increases your swimming speed by 50%. It now increases your Max Magicka by 1/2/3%, and continues to restore 4/8/12% of your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina whenever you drink a potion.
    Quick to Mend: This passive ability now increases your healing done by 3/6/9%, instead of increasing your healing received by 3/6/9%.
    Restoration Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Amphibian.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your swimming speed by 50%.

+3% magicka, +9% healing done and -9% healing recieved.

*Breton Skills
    Light Armor Affinity: This passive ability has been renamed to “Opportunist.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your Alliance Points gained by 1%.

+1% ap gained

*Dark Elf Skills
    Ambidexterity: This passive ability has been renamed to “Ashlander.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now reduces your damage taken from lava by 50%.
    Flame Talent: This passive ability has been renamed to “Destructive Ancestry.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your Frost and Shock Damage by 0/1/2%.

Reduced dmg from lava by 50% and increase frost and shock dmg by 0/1/2%.

*High Elf Skills
    Destruction Talent: This passive ability has been renamed to “Highborn.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your experience gained by 1%.

+1% xp gained

*Imperial Skills
    Shield Affinity: This passive ability has been renamed to “Diplomat.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your gold gained by 1%.

+1% gold gained

*Khajiit Skills
    Medium Armor Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Cutpurse.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your chance to successfully pickpocket by 5%.
    Robust Constitution: This passive ability has been renamed to “Nimble.” Also, it no longer increases your Health Recovery by 6/13/20%. It now increases your Max Stamina by 2/4/6% and continues to increase your Stamina Recovery by 3/6/10%.

+5% to pickpocket, -20% health recovery and +6% stamina

*Nord Skills
    Two Handed Weapon Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Reveler.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases the duration of any consumed drink by 15 minutes.
    Robust: This passive ability has been renamed to “Stalwart.” It now increases your Health Recovery by 6/13/20%, down from 10/20/30% and your Max Stamina by 2/4/6%.

+15 minutes to drink timer, -10% health recovery and +6% stamina.

*Orc Skills
    Heavy Armor Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Craftsman.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your inspiration gains by 10%.
    Robust: This passive ability has been renamed to “Unflinching.” It now increases your Health Recovery by 6/13/20%, down from 10/20/30% and your healing received by 1/3/5%.

+10% inspiration gained, -10% health recovery and +5% healing received

*Redguard Skills
    Shield Affinity: This passive ability has been renamed to “Wayfarer.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases the duration of any consumed food by 15 minutes.

+15 minutes to food timer

*Wood Elf Skills
    Archery Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Acrobat.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now reduces your fall damage by 10%.

-10% fall damage

Why all the crying over this? Seems a wash or very slight improvement for all races. No losers here.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
    Options