Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Can some please confirm, for the sake of my sanity that The Year 2920, Vol 27 is from Bookshelves in The Imperial City - being faction base, sewers, and upper city?!
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    Can some please confirm, for the sake of my sanity that The Year 2920, Vol 27 is from Bookshelves in The Imperial City - being faction base, sewers, and upper city?!

It was nearly 2 Months ago (11.May.24) that i found it in the aldmeri base camp in the sewers.
    At the end, in one of the two bookshelves from Captain Alcardawe.
    Was on the hunt for Glorious Upheaval, which i found later at the same spot.
    apwdp3ewgvxq.jpg
    a82zbbqypu7m.jpg

EDIT: and by the way... both books i found in the noCP instance. I don't think it matters, but who knows. Good luck!
    Edited by Tobyja on 29 June 2024 06:57
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • Loupika
    Loupika
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me where I can find Gleaner's Claim?
    Thank you.
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much to everybody above for the help ! ^^ only book I’m missing now is

“A Mud Covered Letter”

If anyone knows of a post quest location for this I would really appreciate it it’s been bugged for a year now :(

Not disputing you don't have it, but the letter was necessary to advance the quest iirc. Plus it along with the Letter to Dres or something like that were outside in the normal zone, and should still be there.

Indeed it was but that only progressed the quest to add it to lore library I had to read it in quest items in my inventory which I never did sadly it’s been a year since it came out surely there must be a post quest location for it now? I did check where it was originally placed… but still no luck.

domed1kwd1sp.png
  • mantrax3
    mantrax3
    Good morning everyone.
    Could anyone help me with two West Weald books?
    I can not find:
    Spellwright's Second Note
    Spellwright's Third Note
    Thanks for any help.
  • Daniel141182
    Daniel141182
    ✭✭
    All Our Perfect Forms
    Dabienne's Note
    Letter from Aradros
    Y'ffre's Hymn

Any news? Any of them in a bookshelf or something?
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mantrax3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.
    Could anyone help me with two West Weald books?
    I can not find:
    Spellwright's Second Note
    Spellwright's Third Note
    Thanks for any help.

Spellwright Notes (all):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/8128905/#Comment_8128905

• Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Our Perfect Forms
    Dabienne's Note
    Letter from Aradros
    Y'ffre's Hymn

Any news? Any of them in a bookshelf or something?

Nobody have this Books i think. They are bugged.
  • mantrax3
    mantrax3
    Thank you very much, I hadn't noticed the entrance to the cave
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there ever a resolution on the disappearing Dabienne's Note in the crafting area in Skingrad? The thread was locked.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/659600/disappearing-dabiennes-note-near-blacksmith-crafting-in-skingrad
    Edited by Legoless on 30 June 2024 21:41
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much to everybody above for the help ! ^^ only book I’m missing now is

“A Mud Covered Letter”

If anyone knows of a post quest location for this I would really appreciate it it’s been bugged for a year now :(

Not disputing you don't have it, but the letter was necessary to advance the quest iirc. Plus it along with the Letter to Dres or something like that were outside in the normal zone, and should still be there.

Indeed it was but that only progressed the quest to add it to lore library I had to read it in quest items in my inventory which I never did sadly it’s been a year since it came out surely there must be a post quest location for it now? I did check where it was originally placed… but still no luck.
    Checked that on PC. While the post quest location for Letter to Dres is fine, i can't find the mud-covered letter, too. Even climed up the hill there in case the hight-coordinate may just be false, but if so, i'm afraid it is the other way and the letter is now covered with too much mud. :(

EDIT: Maybe the problem is spot-related with the one from the telvanni peninsula treasure map IV-chest. Got one today, seems identical with the mud-letter. Just an idea.
    Edited by Tobyja on 1 July 2024 05:50
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loupika wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me where I can find Gleaner's Claim?
    Thank you.
    Near the beginning of the Fargrave Outer Ruins, a location you can only travel to during 2 of the main quests for Gold Road. If you group with someone doing one of those quests, you can teleport in and get it. That's how I had to do it.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Tobyja wrote: »

“A Mud Covered Letter”

Checked that on PC. While the post quest location for Letter to Dres is fine, i can't find the mud-covered letter, too. Even climed up the hill there in case the hight-coordinate may just be false, but if so, i'm afraid it is the other way and the letter is now covered with too much mud. :(

EDIT: Maybe the problem is spot-related with the one from the telvanni peninsula treasure map IV-chest. Got one today, seems identical with the mud-letter. Just an idea.

I’ll keep searching thanks for taking a look buddy appreciate it! This damn letter has driven me crazy for so long now 🤣
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Was there ever a resolution on the disappearing Dabienne's Note in the crafting area in Skingrad? The thread was locked.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/659600/disappearing-dabiennes-note-near-blacksmith-crafting-in-skingrad

That thread was locked because this one is the catch-all for bugged books.

@ZOS_Kevin -- I wonder though, does anyone update the sticky first message and/or the spreadsheet linked anymore? They both seem to be way outdated...
  • Loupika
    Loupika
    Soul Shriven
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Near the beginning of the Fargrave Outer Ruins, a location you can only travel to during 2 of the main quests for Gold Road. If you group with someone doing one of those quests, you can teleport in and get it. That's how I had to do it.

I will try this. Thank you!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6x82cpf9whuz.jpg

Uninteractable book by the nonungalo boss. Iirc it was from a quest, but this shows up as unread. Letter to Andros maybe?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    6x82cpf9whuz.jpg

Uninteractable book by the nonungalo boss. Iirc it was from a quest, but this shows up as unread. Letter to Andros maybe?

No book, it seems like the third "ritual"-thingy goal from the Questgiver Faric Velain. Dont know the correct translation, maybe "Ritualscroll". When i did this quest, this one didnt show up content after interaction (unlike the first two), but disappears.
    Post Quest it is there again, glowing, but not interactible.
    vq618thnpvcs.jpg
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    It was nearly 2 Months ago (11.May.24) that i found it in the aldmeri base camp in the sewers.

Cool, as long as I am not looking in the wrong place. For context, 3 shelves in base, plus another 9 shelves in Temple district - on both CP and non-CP instance, every day for two months, plus 3 months before I took a break from playing a couple of years ago.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, as long as I am not looking in the wrong place. For context, 3 shelves in base, plus another 9 shelves in Temple district - on both CP and non-CP instance, every day for two months, plus 3 months before I took a break from playing a couple of years ago.

Page 1 of this thread has the full upstairs IC book route.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • TomBrunbadil
    TomBrunbadil
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, from new books I'm missing:

1. Dabienne's Note
    2. Letter from Aradros
    3. Y'ffre's Hymn

I'm also missing:

1. All our perfect forms

Anyone found these or are they broken? :)

P.S, Developers, please make Eidetic Memories account wide :wink:
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    Still looking for "Elegian"s Notes" found in the "Waking Flame Camp" cannot be read after finishing the quest "An Apocalyptic Situation". I thought there was a bug with the book when the Deadlands prologue was first released. But, those that finished the quest cannot go back and read the book. How many people are still bugged out of this book? It's been two years now.

Or have folks found some post quest way to get the book?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@ZOS_Kevin Sorry for clogging your inbox with more DM, but has there been a fix for this that I'm missing?
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Page 1 of this thread has the full upstairs IC book route.

Don't have the time, nor the inclination to deal with PvPers, but really shouldn't be needed at this point - 24 bookshelves a day for 5 months should be way more than enough to get this.

Edit: Got it on 5th bookshelf checked today. Lol
    Edited by Gabriel_H on 4 July 2024 12:36
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    TTMighty wrote: »
    Still looking for "Elegian"s Notes" found in the "Waking Flame Camp" cannot be read after finishing the quest "An Apocalyptic Situation". I thought there was a bug with the book when the Deadlands prologue was first released. But, those that finished the quest cannot go back and read the book. How many people are still bugged out of this book? It's been two years now.

Or have folks found some post quest way to get the book?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@ZOS_Kevin Sorry for clogging your inbox with more DM, but has there been a fix for this that I'm missing?

Not Elegian's Notes, but I don't have "Letter to Vibius Sosia" - Also "found" in the Waking Flame Camp.
  • Dagraenion
    Is there still no update for "Deadric Cult, The Dread Lady's Letter"?
  • Annelid01
    Annelid01
    ✭✭
    From a few months ago
    Post quest, it can be found in Malabal Tor south of the map near shael ruins. It's on a overlook above where the delve is.

Went to get a photo of it in the overland, but it is missing for me, so either it's bugged or it vanished when I read it, but should be there.

Again, off the road, on the overhang above the river where the delve entrance is. Best of luck!
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    Annelid01 wrote: »
    From a few months ago
    Post quest, it can be found in Malabal Tor south of the map near shael ruins. It's on a overlook above where the delve is.

Went to get a photo of it in the overland, but it is missing for me, so either it's bugged or it vanished when I read it, but should be there.

Again, off the road, on the overhang above the river where the delve entrance is. Best of luck!

Which book are you referring to?
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Which book are you referring to?
    They were referring to Dread Lady's Letter
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone know where endemir`s journal entry is. ? and where in lucent is cavot agnans breakthrough?

ouj8dymkyq1f.png

I don't see an answer yet, so here ^
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I have hope we get fixed some books in U43 :3
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't there a search built in for lorebooks by default? It's always so hard to look for specific books I want to read through without downloading an addon, and of course I mean after getting the eidetic memory from mages guild.