Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the location for the following after the scribing questline is complete? I cannot locate them...
    • Notes on the Fable of the Dragon
    • Notes on the Fable of the Netch
    • Riddles of the Dragon (Solutions)

They are in their respecive luminaries' wings. The dragon's books are by the entrance, and the netch's is on his island behind where he's floating.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Does anyone have the location for the following after the scribing questline is complete? I cannot locate them...

They are in their respecive luminaries' wings. The dragon's books are by the entrance, and the netch's is on his island behind where he's floating.

Found them! I know I searched all of them before. Weird.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no eidetic memory entry for this readable:

zypr1q687n1e.png

wdxbxix1kbvw.png

Edit: another location:

h8nwmrx0iv5j.png

It becomes "dimmed" (stops glowing after being read), but well... It's just not in the list.

So it's (at least) the 5th (or 6th if you count the handprint "readable" in Blackwood) readable with no Eidetic Memory entry, in addition to these now:

Tomb of Ja'darri
    Job Offer
    Indrik diagram
    Bench near Orsinium museum
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on 6 June 2024 08:09
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

Found them! I know I searched all of them before. Weird.

To follow up, in case others have difficulty finding them:

When you enter the Dragon's wing, immediately go to the left a little ways. The two books will be sitting on a platform. They're not immediately by the door.

In the Netch's wing, the book is at the very back edge of the Netch's island. In my case, there was an animal standing on it which was blocking its view.
  • Mirumorg
    Mirumorg
    ✭✭✭
    ez9mtl31eizt.png

fa4twj86xerw.png

I think this book is buggy.
    It is found during the Seed of suspicion quest, but is not present in the eidetic memories
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I may have bugged out a new book in Skingrad. I was in the middle of doing my daily writs there when I saw a book on the shelves next to the enchanting station. I clicked on it, but it did not open to read, and it was not added to my Eidetic Memory. After relogging, the book is still gone and still not counted in my EM. The title in question: Dabienne's Note.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I think I may have bugged out a new book in Skingrad. I was in the middle of doing my daily writs there when I saw a book on the shelves next to the enchanting station. I clicked on it, but it did not open to read, and it was not added to my Eidetic Memory. After relogging, the book is still gone and still not counted in my EM. The title in question: Dabienne's Note.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8123530/#Comment_8123530

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8124145/#Comment_8124145
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirumorg wrote: »
    ez9mtl31eizt.png

fa4twj86xerw.png

It is found during the Seed of suspicion quest, but is not present in the eidetic memories

That's another one, making it 7 books not in EM...

And I found 3 more... Two grave markers at Eaglerock Ruins and the following book at the Meridia's shrine:

2gscpx66g00c.png
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ez9mtl31eizt.png

fa4twj86xerw.png

And I found 3 more... Two grave markers at Eaglerock Ruins and the following book at the Meridia's shrine:

2gscpx66g00c.png

... And same with this near the Singer's Outpost...

gnlam4r6r9yx.png
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    "Dabienne's Note", this book had a very mysterious behavior. I found it in Skingrad, inside an inactive bookshelf (the one next to the enchanting station in the crafts square). When I interacted with it, it disappeared, but it did not give me knowledge. At the moment I still have it as unknown. By reloading the UI the book no longer reappeared in the same place. Does anyone know anything about it?
    i6wfcy6iydzd.png

It's bugged.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    This_0ne wrote: »
    Has anyone found a section where the correspondence of craft mercenaries is stored? I found it on PTS, but now for some reason I can’t find it on live

Disable LoreBooks and you can find in section Eidetic Memory :3

LoreBooks has been updated and these now show
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    This_0ne wrote: »
    Has anyone found a section where the correspondence of craft mercenaries is stored? I found it on PTS, but now for some reason I can’t find it on live

Disable LoreBooks and you can find in section Eidetic Memory :3

LoreBooks has been updated and these now show

I know :3
  • Dagraenion
    Any update on Dread Lady's Letter, Daedric Cults?
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    ✭✭
    hey Dagraenion, i had a quick run around to the delves where they show under lorebooks, not found there :(
  • freewheeler
    Any ideas on "Journal of Dionus Trutor" ? Still missing that book and just tried joining one of my alt accounts during the free ESO+ trial on that quest to see if that unlocks it but no luck.

The journal does appear for my alt and goes into quest items but not unlocked on my main. Sad times.
  • FaerieDragon
    FaerieDragon
    Soul Shriven
    Any ideas on "Journal of Dionus Trutor" ? Still missing that book and just tried joining one of my alt accounts during the free ESO+ trial on that quest to see if that unlocks it but no luck.

The journal does appear for my alt and goes into quest items but not unlocked on my main. Sad times.

The only possibility I can think of is if someone finds a copy from a chest and puts it in their house for others to read.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ez9mtl31eizt.png

fa4twj86xerw.png

2gscpx66g00c.png

gnlam4r6r9yx.png

qkle1mzmnmo4.png

The quest starter for the Scholarium line also does not exist in the Eidetic Memory.

This chapter alone has more of this kind of bugged books than the whole game before...
  • freewheeler

The only possibility I can think of is if someone finds a copy from a chest and puts it in their house for others to read.

Does that even work ?
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, these all Book i not found :disappointed:

RHE2LZZ.png

UESP Log give some Coords, but there are wrong?

And yes, one of them is in Lucent Citadel. :D
    Edited by Protector1981 on 10 June 2024 22:57
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RHE2LZZ.png

From this list I've found, so far:

- Cavot Agnan's Breakthrough
    - Save Skingrad !
    - The Book of Circles, Fredas Maxims

Unfortunatly I can't remember where I found them. I just have them as known in my EM.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ez9mtl31eizt.png

fa4twj86xerw.png

2gscpx66g00c.png

gnlam4r6r9yx.png

qkle1mzmnmo4.png

The quest starter for the Scholarium line also does not exist in the Eidetic Memory.

This chapter alone has more of this kind of bugged books than the whole game before...

I'm just afraid that they will put these books in the Eidetic Memory at a later time, but they will no longer be reachable for those who have already done the related quest at that time!! It's happened countless times already. And ZOS doesn't seem to learn from old mistakes.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RHE2LZZ.png

wmw1nbjxmm2b.png

Just found here.
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you :)
  • Dagraenion
    Nilum wrote: »
    hey Dagraenion, i had a quick run around to the delves where they show under lorebooks, not found there :(

Yep. Been trying to find this for awhile now, but still no update :(
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RHE2LZZ.png

From this list I've found, so far:

- Cavot Agnan's Breakthrough
    - Save Skingrad !
    - The Book of Circles, Fredas Maxims

Unfortunatly I can't remember where I found them. I just have them as known in my EM.

Yeah, Cavot Agnan's Breakthrough is in Lucent Citadel.

Save Skindgrad is maybe from Main Story, when yes, i missed it.

The Book of Circles, Fredas Maxims is listed in UESP Log, but in Moon-Sugar Meadow (?) Thats a House.

And in Skingrad. But with wrong Locations 0.403 0.403

• Tbudko
    Tbudko
    Soul Shriven
    RHE2LZZ.png

Save Skingrad!
    faydpwfnru98.jpg

All Spellwright's notes, down in cave
    99vpidtlwcw0.jpg

The Book of Circles, Fredas Maxims
    ytlbkfa10tq6.jpg
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big thank you :)
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my list of remaining books in the West Weald. Thanks for all the tips being posted, I've already managed to whittle the list down quite a bit!

0b7uruxkfamj.png
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proclamation of Neutrality:

eiKjBpy.png

Mercenaries Required:

TXgIGTK.png

All Bow to Mirrormoor! :

jySx5Rb.png
    Edited by Protector1981 on 11 June 2024 15:49
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proclamation of Neutrality:

Mercenaries Required:

All Bow to Mirrormoor! :
    Thank you! That leaves just 6 more. I think I know where to find "Gleaner's Claim", but it's a story area and I can't find any way to get back to it. I think we all agree that "Dabienne's Note" is bugged and currently unobtainable as well, so really just 5 more.

Any new word on "All Our Perfect Forms"?
    Edited by Tatanko on 11 June 2024 16:03
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More