Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LoL Sorc:)

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty impressive how the sorcs and such have turned the thread around on to the DK class. Are sure you haven't stolen their reflective wings? ;)

Edited by Orchish on 7 April 2015 08:50
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sorcs are really hard to play, it's just that everyone who does is really skilled.

SHielding and fragging is not as easy as they make it look, you have to aim you know. It's not an aoe.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 7 April 2015 14:44
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just from the fight: saw how knockdowned sorc with stacked shields faced 3 meteors and was still with 100% hp, got up without cc break and streaked away like it was nothing while his BoL absorbed next 2 meteors and dark flares :o . My templar can only dream about such survivability.
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I still don't understand why people cry about sorc...right now SORC does way more dmg than DK , sorcs don't even need skoria set.
    I've seen a sorc with 9.5k hp running in AA hardmode and I was thinking WTF this guy will die..and boy I was wrong with DMG SHIELD on his whole HP bar..thats just 1 simple example.
    Now PVP is another story, they are even stronger with that rediculous dmg shield, ZOS should make casting that shield take like 1.5-2 sec just to balance things out, At least they won't have time to use it on gap closers.

Edited by Father on 7 April 2015 10:03
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Is it just me or has the quality of nerf sorc threads been progressively getting lower and lower? I am disappoint.

It's not nerf sorc, it's balance the game :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Is it just me or has the quality of nerf sorc threads been progressively getting lower and lower? I am disappoint.

It's not nerf sorc, it's balance the game :)

THIS. The game will die otherwise. I know sores have convinced themselves otherwise, maybe just roll something else and prove how skilled you are huh?
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ball of lightning is a bit over the top, but other than that what is so OP about Sorcs?

I just see /cry /cry /cry and I really somehow expected more, this completely clueless whining will lead to nothing. If you're truly arguing that there is a balance issue then point out what your problem is.

In the adult world no one will help you unless you make a good argument, and ZOS employees are probably older than 14 so they know better than to listen to "sorc OP nerf all sorc skills sorc is DK so bad".

It's the same thing as DKs all over again, just the same whining, no actual feedback about anything in specific.. just whine. Guess why a scales nerf took months? Because the feedback was largely put forward by people like this.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    Maybe ball of lightning is a bit over the top, but other than that what is so OP about Sorcs?

I just see /cry /cry /cry and I really somehow expected more, this completely clueless whining will lead to nothing. If you're truly arguing that there is a balance issue then point out what your problem is.

In the adult world no one will help you unless you make a good argument, and ZOS employees are probably older than 14 so they know better than to listen to "sorc OP nerf all sorc skills sorc is DK so bad".

It's the same thing as DKs all over again, just the same whining, no actual feedback about anything in specific.. just whine. Guess why a scales nerf took months? Because the feedback was largely put forward by people like this.
    There are enough of argumentation in tons of sorc qq threads, if you are bored to read (as I), it doesn't mean that this is " completely clueless whining".
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    There are like 10 of these threads. Maybe if
    Ezareth wrote: »
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Glurin wrote: »
    I ran into a NB yesterday that I couldn't kill. NBs are OP and need to be nerfed. People need to wake up to how OP NBs are. It's so obvious it's amusing.

Sorry bout that.

Let me guess? Resto Staff + Healing ward? Yeah those NBs are the ones who are damn near impossible to kill without luck or a mistake on their part. Don't worry though, the rest are still too busy crying about a lack of a class heal and cloak bugs to realize how freaking powerful their class is when played properly.

That's garbage... Everyone knows this, but not everyone wants to run the FOTM build. Any block casting / shield stack build is super easy to play... anyone who exchanges magicka for health in any way in PVP is super tough. Do you honestly want everyone running that build?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone deny that sorcs have the best damage, the best shield, or the best escape? Then ball of lightning as kind of just an extra?

I know its the "but with light armor, we would just die." but what do you think is keeping the other magicka classes alive? Not like their light armor is any better than yours. Heals are not 10k a pop and the closes one to that costs almost twice the magicka of said shield.

Don't really want to call anything OP, but I guess it just makes sense unless I m wrong somewhere here.
    Edited by technohic on 7 April 2015 12:40
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best damage is what exactly? Sure, I use frags, fury and curse but my main damage is still from Fire Reach and Force Pulse. But yes, we have some useful class skills for damage like:

NBs have crippling grasp, funnel health, concealed weapon
    Templars have puncturing strikes, vampires bane, shards, dark flare, radiant
    DKs have whip, engulfing, molten weapons (you wouldn't believe how much of my damage is actually just heavy attacks, they hit as hard as my frags as a sorc even..)

And we have nice defense with ward and ball of lightning just like:

NBs have funnel, dark cloak (which is amazing and my NB build can basically dodge any attacks for cheap magicka, run in and out just as well as my ball of lightning), double take
    DKs have igneous shield, scales, green dragon blood
    Templars have blazing shield, breath of life

Plus everyone has access to all weapon skills and guilds.

Honestly, if you think outside the box a little bit I really can't see how you couldn't make an equally good and survivable build with any class. The above are only Magicka skills as that seems to be what people are complaining about, but you can do the same with Stamina for sure. Templars and DKs lack escape because they have better defensive tools in combat.

Dark Cloak is *** crazy, I can permastealth for several minutes and evade all attacks on my magicka NB. As it does not have the bolt escape cost, I can get much further with that than my Sorc. Combine with double take every few seconds for the run speed and whoahh!!

But y'know, no points were raised here whatsoever - so if you think I'm not going to classify it as pointless whine.. well GL.
    technohic wrote: »
    Heals are not 10k a pop

No, my BOL is ~15K crit.
    Edited by pppontus on 7 April 2015 12:58
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best damage is what exactly? Sure, I use frags, fury and curse but my main damage is still from Fire Reach and Force Pulse. But yes, we have some useful class skills for damage like:

DKs have whip, engulfing, molten weapons (you wouldn't believe how much of my damage is actually just heavy attacks, they hit as hard as my frags as a sorc even..)

NBs have funnel, dark cloak (which is amazing and my NB build can basically dodge any attacks for cheap magicka, run in and out just as well as my ball of lightning), double take

Honestly, if you think outside the box a little bit I really can't see how you couldn't make an equally good and survivable build with any class. The above are only Magicka skills as that seems to be what people are complaining about, but you can do the same with Stamina for sure. Templars and DKs lack escape because they have better defensive tools in combat.

Dark Cloak is *** crazy, I can permastealth for several minutes and evade all attacks on my magicka NB. As it does not have the bolt escape cost, I can get much further with that than my Sorc. Combine with double take every few seconds for the run speed and whoahh!!

But y'know, no points were raised here whatsoever - so if you think I'm not going to classify it as pointless whine.. well GL.
    Heals are not 10k a pop

No, my BOL is ~15K crit.

NOTHING is even sniffing 15K+ crystal frags on heavy armored targets. Not siege nor stealth snipes. At least not that I have seen personally. Part of this might be due to offense being able to also stack your defense while that templar blazing shield you talk about would need 40k health to have one as big, and it costs more.

I have not seen a BOL crit for 15k either. I will try to see if I can push it that high. Might be with some sets that boost healing recieved or again, very gear specialized to do healing and forsaking damage.

So between NBs escape and DKs/Templars defenses combined gives you what you feel is equal to sorcs? Again; templars do not really have anything for defense outside of blazing shield and stacking nothing but health to even match your shield. not sure what they got there you think is so great but sorcs bubble is better. They got heals, but you can do a resto staff as well, which most templars have to do in order to have that great of heals as well, and a shield when they get low on health. BOL is terribly ineficient as far as heals go.

The thing is, its not so bad, but when you go on to defend it by combining all 3 other classes in order to match what you have, it makes it look worse.

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    no one talks about perma dodge rollers who roll around and WB spam when they can until you die then dodge roll away......but hey sorcs op right?

what a big BS and lie..... OMG sorcs you are so pathetic defenders of OPness, never was in ESO history.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    King Bozo wrote: »
    maryriv wrote: »
    Sorc have been nerfed to just OP instead of ridiculously OP.

Please enlighten me say something intelligent. Sorry had to say that some npc says that in the game. Killing sorcs is easy period if that's your goal :) I kill sorcs all the time as a full spec healer in pvp. I am not even set up for dps with that build so that is why it is hard for me to reason with people that cant kill sorcs. Maybe change your bars because sorcs appear easier to kill then the guards in pvp.

Noone can say something intelligent to a sorc (pathetic OPness defender ones), they cant understand anyway.
    Edited by Kypho on 7 April 2015 13:19
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

Please enlighten me say something intelligent. Sorry had to say that some npc says that in the game. Killing sorcs is easy period if that's your goal :) I kill sorcs all the time as a full spec healer in pvp. I am not even set up for dps with that build so that is why it is hard for me to reason with people that cant kill sorcs. Maybe change your bars because sorcs appear easier to kill then the guards in pvp.

Noone can say something intelligent to a sorc (pathetic OPness defender ones), they cant understand anyway.

^Look at this for example and you understand why no one takes this seriously. If I can guess he's probably running a poorly build stam build with no regen and can only kill targets who are foolish enough to stand still and get hit by WB spam t the face. Just guessing here..

Heals are not 10k a pop

No, my BOL is ~15K crit.

NOTHING is even sniffing 15K+ crystal frags on heavy armored targets. Not siege nor stealth snipes. At least not that I have seen personally. Part of this might be due to offense being able to also stack your defense while that templar blazing shield you talk about would need 40k health to have one as big, and it costs more.

I have not seen a BOL crit for 15k either. I will try to see if I can push it that high. Might be with some sets that boost healing recieved or again, very gear specialized to do healing and forsaking damage.

So between NBs escape and DKs/Templars defenses combined gives you what you feel is equal to sorcs? Again; templars do not really have anything for defense outside of blazing shield and stacking nothing but health to even match your shield. not sure what they got there you think is so great but sorcs bubble is better. They got heals, but you can do a resto staff as well, which most templars have to do in order to have that great of heals as well, and a shield when they get low on health. BOL is terribly ineficient as far as heals go.

The thing is, its not so bad, but when you go on to defend it by combining all 3 other classes in order to match what you have, it makes it look worse.

My frags in full spell power gear don't even hit for 15K on light armor, so I guess I have to applaud whoever made that happen on heavy. Probably stacking the bugged spell pen that was patched out yesterday (apprentice´+sharpened)? Now, that was a bug - and I think we can agree that is not a class issue ;)

Well, I am a healer after all so I wear healer+seducer - with CP in blessed and elfborn mainly. However elfborn just started effecting healing in last nights patch I guess so it should be even higher now.

I agree that Templars shield got hit a bit hard with the 15% dmg shield nerf, but really against a balanced sorc it's not that much different. In Cyro my hardened is about 30% or so of my HP, sure you could have less HP and rely 100% on shields but in that case .. burn stam -> cc -> instakill. That really isn't too hard.

Why you call BOL inefficient is beyond me actually, it's decently cheap (less than half the cost of recasting bolt escape) and heals for a ***. More so with low HP unless they changed the passives, honestly ahven't looked at that since the patch.

You have to look at everything in context, which is what these threads almost always lack. And yeah, some people have build extremely survivable and annoying builds with all classes in different specs - escaping sorcs/nbs, tanky dks/templars etc. and sometimes you can't kill them.. but unless you *** up majorly, you shouldn't get killed by them either.

Tanks and Escape builds pray on your bad mistakes, don't make one and they definitely cannot kill you. Don't just chase after them and run headfirst into an ambush like all the stupid pugs and you should be fine
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^Look at this for example and you understand why no one takes this seriously. If I can guess he's probably running a poorly build stam build with no regen and can only kill targets who are foolish enough to stand still and get hit by WB spam t the face. Just guessing here..

Heals are not 10k a pop

No, my BOL is ~15K crit.

My frags in full spell power gear don't even hit for 15K on light armor, so I guess I have to applaud whoever made that happen on heavy. Probably stacking the bugged spell pen that was patched out yesterday (apprentice´+sharpened)? Now, that was a bug - and I think we can agree that is not a class issue ;)

Well, I am a healer after all so I wear healer+seducer - with CP in blessed and elfborn mainly. However elfborn just started effecting healing in last nights patch I guess so it should be even higher now.

I agree that Templars shield got hit a bit hard with the 15% dmg shield nerf, but really against a balanced sorc it's not that much different. In Cyro my hardened is about 30% or so of my HP, sure you could have less HP and rely 100% on shields but in that case .. burn stam -> cc -> instakill. That really isn't too hard.

Why you call BOL inefficient is beyond me actually, it's decently cheap (less than half the cost of recasting bolt escape) and heals for a ***. More so with low HP unless they changed the passives, honestly ahven't looked at that since the patch.

You have to look at everything in context, which is what these threads almost always lack. And yeah, some people have build extremely survivable and annoying builds with all classes in different specs - escaping sorcs/nbs, tanky dks/templars etc. and sometimes you can't kill them.. but unless you *** up majorly, you shouldn't get killed by them either.

Tanks and Escape builds pray on your bad mistakes, don't make one and they definitely cannot kill you. Don't just chase after them and run headfirst into an ambush like all the stupid pugs and you should be fine

Yeah; I am not sure about the spell penetration bug but over 15k on my breton in heavy armor amounting to over 21k spell resist is what I saw. Have seen people post that they have gotten 25k crits out of it. Maybe it was just a matter of the bug.

The way they nerfed shields, Blazing on an average health player assuming 25k is an average, would be 6375. Given how many abilities will hit more than that when not mitigated, it winds up being more of a liability as the damage overflow then hits you unmitigated. Seems like hardened ward is quite a bit more than that. Of course you are succeptible to the same overflow damage when the shield pops but pairing with healing ward kind of combats that. Im talking blazing which had its cost increased and is also kind of offensive as well so maybe we can get away from that and talk about the cheaper radiant ward that is a defense but it gets little to no boost. The fact that either requires targets to boost their strength really adds nothing to them since the range on that is so short. You'd have to be suicidal to be in a crowd of enough enemies to make up for it.

Someone had posted the numbers somwhere comparing heals to magicka cost. Healing springs and healing ritual were toward the top of I recall and BOL was dead last. It is the biggest burst heal, but efficient it is not.

• pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heals are not 10k a pop

No, my BOL is ~15K crit.

Yeah; I am not sure about the spell penetration bug but over 15k on my breton in heavy armor amounting to over 21k spell resist is what I saw. Have seen people post that they have gotten 25k crits out of it. Maybe it was just a matter of the bug.

The way they nerfed shields, Blazing on an average health player assuming 25k is an average, would be 6375. Given how many abilities will hit more than that when not mitigated, it winds up being more of a liability as the damage overflow then hits you unmitigated. Seems like hardened ward is quite a bit more than that. Of course you are succeptible to the same overflow damage when the shield pops but pairing with healing ward kind of combats that. Im talking blazing which had its cost increased and is also kind of offensive as well so maybe we can get away from that and talk about the cheaper radiant ward that is a defense but it gets little to no boost. The fact that either requires targets to boost their strength really adds nothing to them since the range on that is so short. You'd have to be suicidal to be in a crowd of enough enemies to make up for it.

Someone had posted the numbers somwhere comparing heals to magicka cost. Healing springs and healing ritual were toward the top of I recall and BOL was dead last. It is the biggest burst heal, but efficient it is not.

Well, efficiency depends on what you compare it to. Yes, it is inefficient but it's biggest strength is that it is not situational - which is unique.

GDB - only worthwhile at low health
    Healing Ward - same
    Healing Springs - hot
    Regeneration - hot

etc.

And compare it to classes like NB / Sorc that does not have heals. Sure, you could keep your pet out all the time to have access to a one-time heal but that's .. yeah. Not gonna happen.

I can cast breath of life at least 20 times in combat without running out of Magicka, so I consider it to be efficient.

Breaking my Sorc shield isn't hard at all, of course I also couple it with harness magicka and healing ward if my health drops low. Then it's hard to break with magicka for sure, but that goes for anyone using the combo.

In the end my conclusion is yes, the 15% reduction was harsh for templars and I don't agree with that one specifically, but I really do not see hardened ward being OP. If you get my health low so I can shield for 100% HP, then yes, it's hard to break.. but that can be achieved with only harness+healing ward.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main crux here is Sorc's have an advantage in speed and mobility, but thats what their class is based on since they don't have heals like other classes.

Killing Sorcs is all about CC, 9 out of 10 Sorcs have nothing invested in stamina for all that burst, make them Block or Dodge roll once and Break free once, and the next Break free, they can't get out of. good night sweet prince.

Also, Blocking Crystal Frags, Mage's Wrath, Curse, Magic Detenation, pretty much drains no stamina at all. So holding block on these burst builds using this stuff is very effective. Sorc's have trouble draining stamina from blockers, their spells pretty much do nothing to a person's stamina pool. the only Spell a Sorc has against a blocker is Crushing Shock, its the only skill that will actually drain stamina from someone blocking. Keep this in mind when fighting a Sorc. They do pathetic damage if you block their attacks, Frags is a wasted cast if blocked. Even Mage's Wrath Explosion Execute can be blocked, dropping its damage significantly.

Please keep in mind, most of the Sorc's damage spells are blockable and drain hardly any stamina at all.Their are just as many downside to being a Sorc.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    The main crux here is Sorc's have an advantage in speed and mobility, but thats what their class is based on since they don't have heals like other classes.

Killing Sorcs is all about CC, 9 out of 10 Sorcs have nothing invested in stamina for all that burst, make them Block or Dodge roll once and Break free once, and the next Break free, they can't get out of. good night sweet prince.

Also, Blocking Crystal Frags, Mage's Wrath, Curse, Magic Detenation, pretty much drains no stamina at all. So holding block on these burst builds using this stuff is very effective. Sorc's have trouble draining stamina from blockers, their spells pretty much do nothing to a person's stamina pool. the only Spell a Sorc has against a blocker is Crushing Shock, its the only skill that will actually drain stamina from someone blocking. Keep this in mind when fighting a Sorc. They do pathetic damage if you block their attacks, Frags is a wasted cast if blocked. Even Mage's Wrath Explosion Execute can be blocked, dropping its damage significantly.

Please keep in mind, most of the Sorc's damage spells are blockable and drain hardly any stamina at all.Their are just as many downside to being a Sorc.

Is there some info out there somewhere that goes over what does and doesn't deplete stamina when being blocked or why some things do and others dont?
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all skill- and PvP buffs, you can heal even more. If your target has inc healing, even bigger numbers. I had 18-19k crit BoL's on my templar.

For sure OP as a group healer. But not that big of a difference for the templars own survivability. You could be BoL'ing for 500k and still drop in a sec. Smart heals aren't class shields. They cant be used pro-actively, offers no crit immunity and cant be targeted. Templars have no escapes and with glass house heals, you cant invest in stamina for cc break, block and dodge. You can BoL a few times, hopefully end up healing yourself, than stamina is gone and you're cc'ed, knocked to bits and explode. There's like no way around it.

Blinking around with a 15-20k shield or spamming dodge-roll is a more effective way to stay alive. No one can tank multiple players in 1.6.5, especially not someone built to heal. You cant avoid it either, because you have no tools to get away or re-position when focused. Escapes and avoiding dmg, is the only thing that works in PvP right now.

Not saying nerf sorcerers. But I feel that the old argument about how templar + dk doesn't need help to escape or re-positioning in combat, because so tanky blah blah, it's clearly a bit outdated considering sorcs with a shield covering 65% of their health or more.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

With all skill- and PvP buffs, you can heal even more. If your target has inc healing, even bigger numbers. I had 18-19k crit BoL's on my templar.

For sure OP as a group healer. But not that big of a difference for the templars own survivability. You could be BoL'ing for 500k and still drop in a sec. Smart heals aren't class shields. They cant be used pro-actively, offers no crit immunity and cant be targeted. Templars have no escapes and with glass house heals, you cant invest in stamina for cc break, block and dodge. You can BoL a few times, hopefully end up healing yourself, than stamina is gone and you're cc'ed, knocked to bits and explode. There's like no way around it.

Blinking around with a 15-20k shield or spamming dodge-roll is a more effective way to stay alive. No one can tank multiple players in 1.6.5, especially not someone built to heal. You cant avoid it either, because you have no tools to get away or re-position when focused. Escapes and avoiding dmg, is the only thing that works in PvP right now.

Not saying nerf sorcerers. But I feel that the old argument about how templar + dk doesn't need help to escape or re-positioning in combat, because so tanky blah blah, it's clearly a bit outdated considering sorcs with a shield covering 65% of their health or more.

become a vampire and use mist form, problems with escaping are solved.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to like this thread. Never really want to say anything is OP, but I always find it fascinating when I can learn from some different perspectives that come out other than the typical just "ZOMG Nerf!" or just "L2p!" Just seems much more constructive when we can see why something works well and the actual answers on how to play it rather than just say L2P without any real input.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many people here play a stamina sorcerer? It is a practically classless setup, with practically no useful class skills whatsoever. :)

A Stamina Sorc is an oxymoron and about as useful as a Screen Door for a submarine. I've never understood the desire by players to play one, but more power to them I guess.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As said, the only time a Sorc can shield for 50%+ of their HP is either a Magicka only (harness shield), if they have insanely low HP and tons of magicka (cc and burst these people) or if they are low health and can healing ward effectively (execute them and you break the shield fast still).

Sure, shields can't be crit but they also offer 0 mitigation. I don't know the actual tradeoff there tbh.

But yes, no one can tank multiple enemies like you could before unless you spec for block cost reduction and stam regen. I used to have sword and shield when healing, now it's really no use as I die anyway. I can agree Templars specifically lack a little bit of something in defense, but I have not yet tried radiant ward. I always use blazing+harness anyway to try and give me a few seconds to distance myself but if you stand still and take a beating you will die, regardless of class.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As said, the only time a Sorc can shield for 50%+ of their HP is either a Magicka only (harness shield), if they have insanely low HP and tons of magicka (cc and burst these people) or if they are low health and can healing ward effectively (execute them and you break the shield fast still).

Sure, shields can't be crit but they also offer 0 mitigation. I don't know the actual tradeoff there tbh.

But yes, no one can tank multiple enemies like you could before unless you spec for block cost reduction and stam regen. I used to have sword and shield when healing, now it's really no use as I die anyway. I can agree Templars specifically lack a little bit of something in defense, but I have not yet tried radiant ward. I always use blazing+harness anyway to try and give me a few seconds to distance myself but if you stand still and take a beating you will die, regardless of class.

See; one of the beauties of BE is that you can do it if rooted or snared. That is also part of a problem with Templars and I assume DKs when it comes to escape. You can cleanse I guess, but it won't do anything for movement and the cast for blazing shield itself is longer than it takes to go down, so you are done for. Rapids, maybe? But if you had the stam and regen to support that you would just roll away rather than try to shield and run.

I think maybe it just comes down to choices. You get those nice heals in Templar that is meant for more of a group support than helping you to survive and escape, so if your group goes down, you are screwed more so than some other classes. Maybe its just a matter of accepting the roles each class plays when looking at the other side of the fence and seeing the grass as greener.
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello, folks.

Though we do understand that you all are only trying to share your thoughts of Sorcerers, this discussion has an extremely similar thread already opened titled Rise of the planet of the Sorcs.

We encourage feedback of this nature and any suggestions provided could be of great help to us in the long run. We will be closing this thread as keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to the above thread to continue your discussion.
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on 7 April 2015 15:16
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.