Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Sorc's letter to ZOS

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

Dear ZOS:

I have played a Sorc since Beta and the Sorc is my main exclusive character and the only character i have that is even Vet rank. I have hundreds of hours on this Sorc.I have been using Ball of Lighting since back in May, so i am not someone who just recently jumped on the bandwagon like every other Sorc has lately.

so, when i posted this Why does ZOS hate Sorcs? this is NOT what i wanted, its not what i wanted at all...

Right now, im shaking my head., My beloved Sorc class, and everyone who is defending certain aspects. No, Hardened Ward is not OP, it needs to stay as is. Ball of Lighting is OP. I have been using this skill for months, I was one of the few in Cyrodiil besides Teargrants, Ezareth, and a few others actually using it. Most folks used Streak. BOL was not OP in 1.5 because for starters you didn't have as much of a magic pool, regen rates, and BOL didn't work half the time.

Now in 1.6, BOL is just as OP Reflective Scales was....because BOL not only absorbs every magic projectile in the game, it also teleports your character. The fact it can be cast so many times now....its too much. The fact it rarely fails anymore is huge. I can count on 1 hand how many times i have been Sharded in the back in the last few weeks with BOL.

This is coming from the the person that made the huge Sorc thread. I am the guy who made that thread Why does ZOS hate Sorcs? that feedback along with others probably played a role in leading to ZOS into removing the 50% mana regen penalty from Bolt Escape

I can be honest with myself, BOL is OP....and Streak is underpowered. I am all about fair and balanced game play. and yes Stamina weapon damage needs to be addressed, infinite dodge rolling needs to be addressed, a lot of things need to be addressed, but BOL is OP. I use it all the time im willing to admit it needs toned down.

Now ZOS you can't nerf the absorbing on Ball of Lighting or their duration or you will make the skill useless. On the flipside, A Streak user is vulnerable from behind and vulnerable to pretty much all damage while Streak, keep this in mind. Streak offers no form of damage mitigation and the damage it does is minuscule.

The best solution to the issue is this:

1. Streak is returned to a disorient that does NOT grant CC immunity unless it is hard CC broken with break free(just like Fear is) Fear users can spam fear over and over til the cows come home and if you don't break free, you get no immunity, Streak should be the same way.
2. Ball of Lighting stays as it is right now, but a 35% mana regen penalty is put on BOL only if cast a 2nd time within 4 secs.

Ball of Lighting counters every magic projectile in the game (which is over half of all the games abilities) in comparison to Streak its too much, it should not have the same cost considering it offers way more defensive utility and ability compared to Streak. Streak users are far more vulnerable and must actually get close to their opponents to actually use Streak to cause damage, in essence are at a mauch larger isk of being killed. BOL is all about staying away from your opponent, which is all fine and dandy, but it should cost more to do so. In other words, that 35% mana regen penalty on BOL if cast twice within 4 secs pays for the superior defensive ability you get for using BOL.

I myself would be glad to have that 35% mana regen penalty on Ball of Lighting I use as i feel that would be fair considering BOL not only teleports me, but also counters a majority of the ranged attacks in the game outside of Bows.

There comes a point where you will defend something till the cows come home, even when its counter productive to do so. I will not hold this position on Ball of Lighting, I have used Ball of Lighting since May or June, somewhere around in their, point is its too much right now. I am all about a Sorc being able to escape, but their comes a point where its too much, and right now its too much.

From this day forward, I am changing my Morph to Streak. Yes, Streak is underpowered, Streak is not as good, Streak will make me easier to kill. I would rather lose with Streak then to win in Ball of Lighting's current form of OP. Yes thats right, I would rather lose using an underpowered ability then to win with an OP one. So i guess i will be easier to kill in Cyrodiil for awhile.

I really hope someone at ZOS take my feedback into consideration, and thank you for making such a fun game.

Sincerely

woodsro

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on 1 April 2015 04:47
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect your honesty. Your fellow sorcs may not be so kind.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with op. The wards are not op, people are just mad they cant oneshot a sorc.

BoL is op, i dont use it often to be honest, so the changes its been going through hasnt affected me. honestly i wish they would nix it and add a good offensive ability, like chain lightning or something.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems fair. Would not mind taking a hit to my regen rate. I think 35% is a bit on the low side tbh. It only lasts 4 seconds.. So thats two regen ticks. But for the love of all that is holy and all that is not: do not touch hardened ward! Its fine as it is now. Any type of nerf, small as it may be, would make it useless
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing only PVE for a while I went back to PVP last week. I'm quite experienced and used to be able to do some 1:1 or 1:2 in 1.5 but that's nothing compared to the 1:5 or even more I can do now. In 1.5 I was using streak as a counter to all the melee DKs, now I changed to BOL and feel completely untouchable. There is only one build I'm having some trouble with and that's a 2H NB or DK using Charge + Fear/Petrify + WB. These are both instant cast CCs that go through the block. I have some tactics against them but they need an extremely fast reaction, otherwise I'm going to be dead in my 5 pieces if light armor (I'm not using this stupid heavy armor sorc tank build). At the moment the only weakness of a sorc is its limited stamina pool, since the sorcs have no stamina management at all, but this can be adressed once you have enough CPs for stamina reg, block cost reduction and break free cost reduction. Then sorcs will be even harder to kill.

So at the moment sorcs can makes theirselfs immune to magic projectiles, while escaping from melee distance, which is as powerful as the reflective scales used to be (and still are in 1:1 or 1:2 situations). I'm not sure if a magicka reg penalty is the right way to address this problem, but what about a projectile limitation, like for the scales? Let BOL absorb 5 or 6 projectiles and it should be a lot more balanced. If you want permanent protection with this limitation you would have to spam it at the 50% higher cost (no other ability has such a cost increase mechanic!)

For the perma dodge rollers, who are able to dodge ALL projectiles, not only spells, there is a simple solution: add a cost penalty for spamming dodge rolls (3-4 sec 50% increased cost), just like the one for streak. No class or build should be able to avoid getting hit by most of the abilities for an infinite amount of time.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    each BE covers about 3x the distance that a dodge roll does, please stop comparing these abilities

that said, BE and dodge roll are fine, infinite resource builds are not... WTB regen soft caps
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoL is not OP. Maybe if it weren't so buggy it would be but there are a growing number of players who know how to bug out ball of lightning (including myself now) so that it fails constantly when the player expects it to work.

Fix ball of lightning to work 100% of the time and then we can see whether it is OP or not. I dont think BOL needs a nerf, regen in general needs nerfed and streak needs a buff ( perhaps a 50% damage increase) to make it more useful as the offensive mph of streak that it was meant to be.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streak was like fear on pts, and it was the most annoying and poweful cc in the game when it was... Which was why it was changed
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sound as you thought BoL was some kind of a secret. Are you kidding me? Almost half of all sorcs have been using it for a year now. I know because I had tons of a 1v1s with other sorcs where we spent a lot of time going through each other's BoLs.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    each BE covers about 3x the distance that a dodge roll does, please stop comparing these abilities

that said, BE and dodge roll are fine, infinite resource builds are not... WTB regen soft caps

I think this is correct.
  • cmycko
    cmycko
    ✭✭
    Ok. Think outside the box here. BOL makes a trail of balls showing EVERYONE where to follow the sorcerer. OP? Not in pvp buddy. AND IT is buggy. It sometimes only absorbs for 2 seconds.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i only use BOL because streak gives away free cc immunity. I loved streak bc it fit my offensive playstyle - i just can´t use it anymore because it will actually hurt me by making my enemies immune to CF knockdown.

Also BOL is counterable - you just have to position yourself correctly and it won´t absorb at all (though that is most likely NOT working as intended).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing OP in this game is Neckbeard, Nerdrage, and grown ass crying men who need to be slapped into reality. The only thing more OP than this is people cherry picking events where they got two shot and trying to pass it off as empirical proof to support their point, worse use of science ever.
    Edited by TheBonesXXX on 1 April 2015 11:35
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% my feelings when fighting sorcs (with anything else than a 2h meele build).
    maybe add the fact that hardened ward somehow miraculously protects from destructive reach and defensive stance reflect.

the reason you cannot penetrate a sorc's shield is not due to the sheer strenght of the shield. it's because you cannot land a meaningful impact since everything is eaten by BoL.

even if you can position yourself properly and get in some hits, you'd have to be able to insta kill the sorc. this is not possible due to sheild, but rightfully so! since you can't, there will be the next BoL cast and that's the end of any burst

@bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    100% my feelings when fighting sorcs (with anything else than a 2h meele build).
    maybe add the fact that hardened ward somehow miraculously protects from destructive reach and defensive stance reflect.

the reason you cannot penetrate a sorc's shield is not due to the sheer strenght of the shield. it's because you cannot land a meaningful impact since everything is eaten by BoL.

even if you can position yourself properly and get in some hits, you'd have to be able to insta kill the sorc. this is not possible due to sheild, but rightfully so! since you can't, there will be the next BoL cast and that's the end of any burst

A few powerful dots and use of the poison/dot increase tree in champion points should clear that up. I usually can keep the shield down to either a) they flee (win in my book if people wanna be a P) b) they die.

Granted my DK isnt v14 in the best gear yet, but there aren't that many people out there who are "that" good to me imo.

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your honesty. Bol/shielding sorcerer are not playing the same game as the rest of us. Recently I ve just decided to ignore them, I dont try to kill them anymore, nor to chase them.
    Edited by Vanzen on 1 April 2015 12:05
  • Rhakon
    Rhakon
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Thanks for your honesty. Bol/shielding sorcerer are not playing the same game as the rest of us. Recently I ve just decided to ignore them, I dont try to kill them anymore, nor to chase them.

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i was saying in the 1.6 pts that BoL was OP, sorcs stuck in deadlock and cannot kill each other because there is no opening between balls. this is what needs to happen to BoL to balance it

-The Balls need to last 4 seconds instead of 6 seconds,
    this will give the sorc a chance to not get the cost increase for multiple bolts but will give a persuer a window to hit the sorc with a magic attack. this will make it so the sorc has to bolt every 4 seconds instead of every 6 if they want to keep up the protection from magicka projectiles, and it will be much tougher for them to keep it up all the time while on the offensive then.

Now i expect this to get the same treatment as before on the PTS forums, people saying BOL is fine when clearly it is not. i get stuck in so many deadlocks with other sorcs because of this skill that i have found numerous ways to bug out there Bol's. i should not have to do this to win against another sorc, and vise versa, them against me. it makes for a tedious boring battles.

Streak needs a DAMAGE increase, it hits for half as hard as it did in 1.5. thats what i used it for, the instant damage. now it hits like a wet noodle. if the damage was increased i would probably be using that again but as it stands now BOL is the only choice a sorc can make now as streak is so bad. Streak gives 0 protection and 0 benefits to using it that are worth it.

So basically BOL needs a slight nerf and Streak needs a big damage buff.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    Seems fair. Would not mind taking a hit to my regen rate. I think 35% is a bit on the low side tbh. It only lasts 4 seconds.. So thats two regen ticks. But for the love of all that is holy and all that is not: do not touch hardened ward! Its fine as it is now. Any type of nerf, small as it may be, would make it useless

Well i wouldn't want to suggest something overboard, i thought 50% was too much hence my previous thread, i still think 50% would be too much, I think 35% would be acceptable.

As for Hardened Ward, i agree that its fine as is, the Sorc class needs it to even have a chance at all, the class as designed would be unplayable without it. The Sorc class, if you look at its overall skills, is more tailored to light armor and meant as pure caster more so then other classes. Sorcs have very little utility as tanks or stealth, but they are excellent casters and can be pretty good healers.

IMO playing with Heavy Armor as a Sorc isn't viable. It may be passable right now due to regen, but it won't be for very long. If you have Harven's Extended Stats, look at how much Focus rating you lose by using Heavy Armor. Going 5 Heavy and 2 Light you will be lucky to have hardy any Focus Rating at all. In 7 Light with the right weapon trait, I have over 30K Focus rating right now, which means I ignore a ton of Spell Resistance(this doesn't count the additional 10% my Destro Spells ignore on top of that). As Heavy Armor users get more CP and passives into mitigation and spell reistances bringing that value up higher, it will soon be impossible to do enough damage to kill a HA user as a Heavy Armor caster, you won't be able to do enough damage to get past his Spell Resistance, even Elemental Weakness won't make up for it. Spell Erosion is canceled out by Spell Sheild CS passive, so that won't cust the mustard either. As folks get more CP, it will become progressively harder to kill the HA users as it becomes more popular...you need the Focus Rating gotten from LA to get you over the hump to penetrate their high spell resist and you lose all that using Heavy Armor. Besides their are LA sets that offer very good defensive bonus that also give you a lot of daamge mitigation while still getting most of the benefits of heavy armor, sure its not 100% of HA benefit, but its probably 65-70% thats pretty good in itself.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Honestly i only use BOL because streak gives away free cc immunity. I loved streak bc it fit my offensive playstyle - i just can´t use it anymore because it will actually hurt me by making my enemies immune to CF knockdown.

Also BOL is counterable - you just have to position yourself correctly and it won´t absorb at all (though that is most likely NOT working as intended).

Yeah BOL is counterable with the correct positioning, but I won't do that to another player as i feel since its obviously not what was intended IMO it borders on the line with cheating, its a grey area i have no interest in wandering into.

BOL "working as intended" is too good right now, and Streak is really bad right now. Tehy need to fix Streak and slightly cull back BOL a bit. Thats all.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! it comes down to sorcerers asking themselves to get nerfed cause they cant kill each other anymore. Well ... Fine by me.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think half the sorcs I knew were using BOL before 1.6. You weren't the only one, by a long shot. There are a lot of players out there that have played sorc from launch. I've always used streak and never had a problem rolling while streaking for expensive but effective missile avoidance. I don't know if I agree that BOL is that overpowered either, I have 2 offensive non-projectile abilities on my bar and use a lightning staff that is also not considered a projectile for the heavy attack channeling aspect. I see lots of sorcs strafing around their ball wondering why they are still dying until they are dead.

BOL only works if it on a vector to your target. I can streak though your ball, stun you and overload your face while standing between you and your ball forcing you to make a new ball. I'll leave the diatribes to you, but I agree with others that see the problem as regen builds that let abilities like BOL and dodge roll be overused.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As i was saying in the 1.6 pts that BoL was OP, sorcs stuck in deadlock and cannot kill each other because there is no opening between balls. this is what needs to happen to BoL to balance it

this will give the sorc a chance to not get the cost increase for multiple bolts but will give a persuer a window to hit the sorc with a magic attack. this will make it so the sorc has to bolt every 4 seconds instead of every 6 if they want to keep up the protection from magicka projectiles, and it will be much tougher for them to keep it up all the time while on the offensive then.

Now i expect this to get the same treatment as before on the PTS forums, people saying BOL is fine when clearly it is not. i get stuck in so many deadlocks with other sorcs because of this skill that i have found numerous ways to bug out there Bol's. i should not have to do this to win against another sorc, and vise versa, them against me. it makes for a tedious boring battles.

Streak needs a DAMAGE increase, it hits for half as hard as it did in 1.5. thats what i used it for, the instant damage. now it hits like a wet noodle. if the damage was increased i would probably be using that again but as it stands now BOL is the only choice a sorc can make now as streak is so bad. Streak gives 0 protection and 0 benefits to using it that are worth it.

I agree. I suggested leaving BOL as is and adding a 35% mana regen penalty for 4 secs after casting a second time within a 4 sec period. I don't want the skill to be useless, but the amount of defensive ability the skill gives(as it should), it should probably cost slightly more then Streak considering Streak loses its AOE Stun as well as being vulnerable and having no defense measures at all. Even if we up Streak's damage, its still not as good as BOL is right now.

Streak needs to have it Stun changed back to a Disorient along with a damage increase. That Disorient SHOULD NOT give CC immunity unless the player uses Break Free to break out of it. If the player uses Break free to break it, then they should get the swirly around their legs and be immune for the set time period. the fact they are given blanket immunity without using break free for a 1.5sec stun is ridiculous. Its ok for NB to spam fear over and over and over again if you don't hard CC break it though...the logic.

It would not be OP at all to return Streak back to a disorient with a 1.5sec duration that will only give CC immunity if the effected player uses Break Free. On the PTS it wasn't giving immunity even if using Break Free, I will say that was nonsense, it should give immunity if one uses break free, but it shouldn't give blanket immunity just for using it without break free, for the small amount of damage it does, and for the 1.5sec duration...that's pretty dumb.

Your right that two Sorcs with BOL is often times a long drawn out painful endeavor. To the point i don't really waste my time anymore with fellow BOL sorcs, i never pursue. I would rather watch paint dry then fight another BOL Sorc, its simply a waste of time. Sure we can play the game of bugging each others balls(that totally doesn't sound right), but is that what we really want things to come down to? I doubt you do obviously as you have already expressed your frustrations with fighting another BOL sorc having to resort to bugging their skill to get a window to kill them.

Regardless, I am going back to Streak. I know its not as good, etc. I also know that once i start taking a game seriously enough to care about winning over all else, even by resorting to using to using the most unbalanced, unfair, OP skills, I would know it would be time for me to walk away.

So yup, im going back to Streak, I see it as a test. i may be easier to kill, It will also require more effort on my part, I like the challenge.

A famous quote I think fits here:
    "You have to test yourself everyday gentlemen. Once you stop testing yourself, you get slow. when that happens they kill ya" - William H Bonney AKA Billy the Kid - Young Guns 1988

regardless. glad to see im not the only Sorc that sees that BOL needs to be toned down just a hair, and Streakneeds to be tweaked just a little bit.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BOL isnt as OP as reflective scales was, let me explain why.

BOL doenst return damage, it only absorbs magical projectiles, arrows arent affected and it doesnt work 100% of the time.
    Even with high magicka regen you cant cast it a lot while fighting, only when escaping so its working as intended.

Scales increased reflected damage (before unlimited for 4s) so a DK could use it to become untouchable by projectiles for the duration and return the inflicted damage, this is a big difference imo.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think half the sorcs I knew were using BOL before 1.6. You weren't the only one, by a long shot. There are a lot of players out there that have played sorc from launch. I've always used streak and never had a problem rolling while streaking for expensive but effective missile avoidance. I don't know if I agree that BOL is that overpowered either, I have 2 offensive non-projectile abilities on my bar and use a lightning staff that is also not considered a projectile for the heavy attack channeling aspect. I see lots of sorcs strafing around their ball wondering why they are still dying until they are dead.

BOL only works if it on a vector to your target. I can streak though your ball, stun you and overload your face while standing between you and your ball forcing you to make a new ball. I'll leave the diatribes to you, but I agree with others that see the problem as regen builds that let abilities like BOL and dodge roll be overused.

I know i wasn't the only one using it, it just wasn't as common as it is now.

Yes i use a lighting staff, and non projectile spells for the same reasons, can't be reflected by Scales or Absorbed by BOL.

I agree with you 100% that the regen builds are a big contributor to it as well as it can just simply be used so much. This could go for other abilities and dodge rolling and such as well, and this is not an issue just to BOL alone.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BOL isnt as OP as reflective scales was, let me explain why.

BOL doenst return damage, it only absorbs magical projectiles, arrows arent affected and it doesnt work 100% of the time.
    Even with high magicka regen you cant cast it a lot while fighting, only when escaping so its working as intended.

Scales increased reflected damage (before unlimited for 4s) so a DK could use it to become untouchable by projectiles for the duration and return the inflicted damage, this is a big difference imo.

True but it absorbs projectiles, stuns in a 360 radius around the caster, and teleports its users. Where as Scales returned Damage, BOL gives damage avoidance, hard CC, and change of position all in one skill. So i can see both as sort of equal in "certain situations"

I use BOL all the time and have for a long time, i think the high regen builds and such probably contribute to it more then anything else along with the fact they really nerfed Streak hard.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give it the reflective scales treatment! (lol @ irony). Infinite reflects/absorbs are just too much when you can keep them up ~100% of the time. Them balls should have hp and be destructible or have a limit on # of projectiles absorbed. #sorryforthetruth
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf both BoL and hardened ward. Anyone who cant see that a spammable 20k damage shield is OP needs glasses or try playing a different class.

Sorcerers are OP as hell in pvp atm. Its a joke that it came this far from PTS
    Edited by monkeymystic on 1 April 2015 14:46
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Lol! it comes down to sorcerers asking themselves to get nerfed cause they cant kill each other anymore. Well ... Fine by me.

No it comes down to being honest that some things need looking into, while being unbiased so we don't have heavy handed nerfs come down that destroy the class. Someone has to be the voice of reason and to look at things from all sides and try to find a solution that is fair. The other Sorcs in this thread would be wise to be open to "compromise" because i assure you, if we don't come up with some concessions that are "fair" yet still allow us to play our class, I can assure you the heavy handed nerf bat will come, and it will be swung very very hard.

So we have a choice, either we compromise and give up "just a little tiny bit" in the spirit of balance and in the spirit of competitive game play(even if we don't agree with it), or we run the risk of the Sorc class being crushed by a very heavy handed nerf bat...its really our choice...
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf both BoL and hardened ward. Anyone who cant see that a spammable 20k damage shield is OP needs glasses or try playing a different class.

nerfing Ward would render Sorcs unplayable to the insane high daamge brought about by the stamina buffs.

i'd love to know how someone gets Hardened Ward alone up to 20k in value...

Now stacking Dampen/Harness with it, perhaps, but Dampen/Harness doesn;'t do poo against physical attacks at all, so its not exactly a 20k shield, its more like a 20k spell shield. Pretty big difference, just saying. :)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not, Balls lasting 4 seconds in stead of 6(Actually 5.5) seconds would be a buff, not a nerf.

Kas wrote: »

Hardened Ward doesn't block destructive reach and defensive stance reflect, *all* damage shields do. It's a bug and I agree it needs fixed.

BoL Sorcs are kind of like Reflective Scale DKs running Harness Magicka and holding block. There really is not point in attacking them with a magicka build. Find a better target. I only attack BoL sorcs if there are some melee/physical players with me hitting him as well.
    woodsro wrote: »
    iseko wrote: »

Well i wouldn't want to suggest something overboard, i thought 50% was too much hence my previous thread, i still think 50% would be too much, I think 35% would be acceptable.

As for Hardened Ward, i agree that its fine as is, the Sorc class needs it to even have a chance at all, the class as designed would be unplayable without it. The Sorc class, if you look at its overall skills, is more tailored to light armor and meant as pure caster more so then other classes. Sorcs have very little utility as tanks or stealth, but they are excellent casters and can be pretty good healers.

IMO playing with Heavy Armor as a Sorc isn't viable. It may be passable right now due to regen, but it won't be for very long. If you have Harven's Extended Stats, look at how much Focus rating you lose by using Heavy Armor. Going 5 Heavy and 2 Light you will be lucky to have hardy any Focus Rating at all. In 7 Light with the right weapon trait, I have over 30K Focus rating right now, which means I ignore a ton of Spell Resistance(this doesn't count the additional 10% my Destro Spells ignore on top of that). As Heavy Armor users get more CP and passives into mitigation and spell reistances bringing that value up higher, it will soon be impossible to do enough damage to kill a HA user as a Heavy Armor caster, you won't be able to do enough damage to get past his Spell Resistance, even Elemental Weakness won't make up for it. Spell Erosion is canceled out by Spell Sheild CS passive, so that won't cust the mustard either. As folks get more CP, it will become progressively harder to kill the HA users as it becomes more popular...you need the Focus Rating gotten from LA to get you over the hump to penetrate their high spell resist and you lose all that using Heavy Armor. Besides their are LA sets that offer very good defensive bonus that also give you a lot of daamge mitigation while still getting most of the benefits of heavy armor, sure its not 100% of HA benefit, but its probably 65-70% thats pretty good in itself.

CP Spell penetration is currently broken right now. Supposedly so is Sharpened so expect a nerf on that front and then everyone will be back to using Nirnhoned Weapons again (further increasing the Spell resistance of the average caster). Nirnhoned armor traits are also applying a flat multiplicative spell resistance to your entire spell resistance pool so people are able to *double* their spell resistance by wearing 4 pieces of nirnhoned. Pretty much making that trait against spell casters many times more powerful than impen was in 1.5 to everyone.

Before you continue suggesting nerfs to classes and abilities I think you should step back and look at the big picture of 1.6 and the intrinsic flaws introduced with the changes. These flaws are eventually going to be corrected but if a class nerf happens first, you're likely going to see a compounding effect that is far stronger than anything you're suggesting.

There was a large shift of Sorcs who switched to BoL once the Streak "bug" hitting more than 6 targets was fixed. As someone who has never even tried the streak morph as I've had it the same core build since 1.0 I can say that BoL sorcs have been extremely rare and even became more rare as so many sorcs considered streak to be the superior morph due to unlimited ult generation and CC ability.

I love how you just troll through the forums bumping every single "Nerf Sorc" thread you can find. Cute.

Was the sorc who killed you even Veteran rank?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube