Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6.1 Change to Ultimate - Good or Bad?

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A cool down timer on ult usage based on ulti cost and strength would have been much better than these changes imo.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... The deer disappearing makes more sense now.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple fact of the matter is that the ultimate changes have been introduced to accommodate even the most mediocre players while the more serious and skilled players are being penalised. Ultimate generation should be based on the contribution you have to a fight either from outputting damage and killing players OR by healing and keeping your players alive.

You could even make ulti generation more uniform by saying for every XYZ points of damage outputted you gain XYZ ultimate.

Similarly, for healers, for every XYZ points of healing done you gain XYZ ultimate.

You could even give XYZ ulti for every XYZ amount of damage received (for the tanks!)

Then simply stop any kind of ultimate generation outside of combat to prevent the healing springs spammers.

Hell, you can even add a small cooldown if you like! This is of course a very basic idea, but it could be expanded upon. Ultimate generation being based off of dropping a light attack now and again is completely nonsensical in my mind. Frankly, you might as well just make it tick 3 ulti point every ten seconds by default or something along those lines. It's just stupid and significantly encourages movement in zergs (as smaller groups will not be as effective vs larger groups and will therefore be encouraged to seek safety in numbers)

Frankly though it seems ZoS #1 priority is PvE and providing the system rewards PvErs they will pay little attention to the opinions of PvP players. There are dozens of flaws with 1.6 and the direction the game is going in is really quite off putting for me. The ultimate change could very possibly be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of the serious PvPers, of that I am quite sure.
    Edited by Garion on 6 February 2015 22:26
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    aco5712 wrote: »
    not having combat frenzy maxed, not killing people (coz i tank) and not having bloodspawn, i still felt like my ulti was genning way too quickly in live. On the PTS, we are only dueling but i felt like my ulti was there everytime i needed it. Will be different when its group play though. However i dont see the reason for no ulti when you kill someone in general. That more punishes you for killing someone.

If they reverted the change to negate and let one well placed negate cancel out any stacked negates, then i think that would help reduce zerging. Negates are PvP essentially and being out numbered is alot harder now that one negate is useless against multiple.

Not when EP's current meta is negate negate negate. This work's. It make's them win. But its overpowered. We killed 25 Reds on a resource the other day and my 'kill enemy Sorcerer's' went from 0 to 17. They always have a counter negate, simple.

Also there is a bug where stacked negates cannot be negated by one negate.

right nerf the better players so the bad players have a better chance

because thats always the way to go :p
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    The simple fact of the matter is that the ultimate changes have been introduced to accommodate even the most mediocre players while the more serious and skilled players are being penalised. Ultimate generation should be based on the contribution you have to a fight either from outputting damage and killing players OR by healing and keeping your players alive.

You could even make ulti generation more uniform by saying for every XYZ points of damage outputted you gain XYZ ultimate.

Similarly, for healers, for every XYZ points of healing done you gain XYZ ultimate.

You could even give XYZ ulti for every XYZ amount of damage received (for the tanks!)

Then simply stop any kind of ultimate generation outside of combat to prevent the healing springs spammers.

Hell, you can even add a small cooldown if you like! This is of course a very basic idea, but it could be expanded upon. Ultimate generation being based off of dropping a light attack now and again is completely nonsensical in my mind. Frankly, you might as well just make it tick 3 ulti point every ten seconds by default or something along those lines. It's just stupid and significantly encourages movement in zergs (as smaller groups will not be as effective vs larger groups and will therefore be encouraged to seek safety in numbers)

Frankly though it seems ZoS #1 priority is PvE and providing the system rewards PvErs they will pay little attention to the opinions of PvP players. There are dozens of flaws with 1.6 and the direction the game is going in is really quite off putting for me. The ultimate change could very possibly be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of the serious PvPers, of that I am quite sure.

i agree with most of what you said minus the ulti generation outside of combat

i think getting your ulti outside of combat is fine

next time you see a marathon runner tell him to not train or get physically prepared for his run

the groups who come prepared win end of story

it separates the organized form the unorganized
    the pro from the casual
    the good from the bad

nothing wrong with building ulti outside of combat
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    personally i dont mind 1.6 for the most part

i also think the good groups form AD DC and EP along with the good players from each faction as individuals will continue to be good players and the bad players will continue to cry harder and harder and the baby sitter zos will continue to nerf and nerf

but nothing is wrong with the way ulti is generated right now

and if anyone says "BUT BUT BUT nightblades are op in gaining ulti"
    SO WHAT thats their class

i was also against sorc streak being nerfed back in 1.0 (even tho i never rolled a sorc in my life)

but whatever opinions opinions
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    pretty soon cry babies are going to want ESO nerfed and each class is going to be the exact same thing DKs will have negate and streak sorcs will have lava whip and banner templars will have reflective scale and talons and nightblades will have breath of life and sun shield
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perichor wrote: »

i agree with most of what you said minus the ulti generation outside of combat

i think getting your ulti outside of combat is fine

next time you see a marathon runner tell him to not train or get physically prepared for his run

the groups who come prepared win end of story

it separates the organized form the unorganized
    the pro from the casual
    the good from the bad

nothing wrong with building ulti outside of combat

I am not sure that I can agree with this. My argument for ulti change is that it rewards people for their skill in play i.e. through outputting damage or healing. Spamming healing springs outside of combat is not skilful and massive contributes to lag in any event.

The whole point of ulti changes is that they should not be easy to get. I understand the need to do that but I don't agree with their current method with light attacks.

Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the moment my Ultimate is a high source of damage. In my Recount it is usually at #1 or #2 with casuing around 50% of my overall damage.

After the change in group fights dropping ultimates will be happening far less so I expect it to be somewhere around 10-15% of my overall damage so maybe comparable to the damage the Burning proc deals.

This is clearly not my understand of what an ultimate ability should be like since ultimate means STRONGEST and not RAREST.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank god that spamming healing springs doesn't create ultimate.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    At the moment my Ultimate is a high source of damage. In my Recount it is usually at #1 or #2 with casuing around 50% of my overall damage.

After the change in group fights dropping ultimates will be happening far less so I expect it to be somewhere around 10-15% of my overall damage so maybe comparable to the damage the Burning proc deals.

This is clearly not my understand of what an ultimate ability should be like since ultimate means STRONGEST and not RAREST.
    It's more related to 'last' and in this case I guess one could see it as your 'last' ability. This leaves whether its the STRONGEST or RAREST open for discussion, but it's a good argument to say it could be both.

Either way, the current meta of dropping batswarms/banners/veils every 10 seconds is awful and you have exactly zero experience with zergdiving using the new Ultimate generation system. Maybe try it first?

Edited by Lava_Croft on 8 February 2015 08:32
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm I haven't played on pts yet. 1month into live we will really know..

My question is how does an Alliance war passive no longer count towards ....

The alliance war

What? Combat frenzy generates ult, it is in your op. Which passive are you talking about then?

Combat frenzy does not apply to killing players .. You only get that ult in PvE.

Unbelievable!
    I can't stop laughing at the epic fails in this patch!

God i wish i wasn't at work so I could enjoy the twilight months of this brilliant game before it is ruined by incompetence on a biblical scale.
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Perichor wrote: »
    aco5712 wrote: »
    not having combat frenzy maxed, not killing people (coz i tank) and not having bloodspawn, i still felt like my ulti was genning way too quickly in live. On the PTS, we are only dueling but i felt like my ulti was there everytime i needed it. Will be different when its group play though. However i dont see the reason for no ulti when you kill someone in general. That more punishes you for killing someone.

If they reverted the change to negate and let one well placed negate cancel out any stacked negates, then i think that would help reduce zerging. Negates are PvP essentially and being out numbered is alot harder now that one negate is useless against multiple.

Not when EP's current meta is negate negate negate. This work's. It make's them win. But its overpowered. We killed 25 Reds on a resource the other day and my 'kill enemy Sorcerer's' went from 0 to 17. They always have a counter negate, simple.

Also there is a bug where stacked negates cannot be negated by one negate.

right nerf the better players so the bad players have a better chance

because thats always the way to go :p

This is proof of the gigantic e-peen of the gigantic EP zerg.
  • Bipolo
    Bipolo
    ✭✭✭
    The only real ultimate problem this game has is Bat's...
    Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
    "Nords who prove themselves in battle awaken in the realm after death. Pain and illness vanish within the Hall of Valor.
    Revelry is never-ending, mead flows freely, and the greatest Nords of all time compete in tests of strength and prowess. (...)
    Through all the suffering and adversity in this world, true Nord warriors endure, for Sovngarde awaits."

- The Road to Sovngarde
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

It's more related to 'last' and in this case I guess one could see it as your 'last' ability. This leaves whether its the STRONGEST or RAREST open for discussion, but it's a good argument to say it could be both.

Either way, the current meta of dropping batswarms/banners/veils every 10 seconds is awful and you have exactly zero experience with zergdiving using the new Ultimate generation system. Maybe try it first?

What exactly is awful about being able to use banner/batswarm/veil every 10 seconds? I think it is actually really good this way. If you are not dueling with super sustain builds etc most fights don't last long, most last only some seconds (real engagments; not hiding behind a wall waiting for enemies to breach). You won't be able to use many Ultimates any way.

The current Ultimate gain system is pretty much rewarding risk with Ultimate (apart from healing ultimate). If you stay back and pew pew you will get only low amounts of Ultimate. If you go balls-deep and take the risk of dieing you get more Ultimate.

Zergdiving will be a thing of the past with 1.6. The meta will be to hide in a zerg until you get your ultimate up, get ap for healing and tagging people with caltrops. Then Streak in the enemie zerg, use clouding swarm with some aoe. Streak back 1 second before the Ult runs out. Repeat.

>320.000.000 AP
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numbers gonna prevail
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

The alliance war

What? Combat frenzy generates ult, it is in your op. Which passive are you talking about then?

Combat frenzy does not apply to killing players .. You only get that ult in PvE.

Unbelievable!
    I can't stop laughing at the epic fails in this patch!

God i wish i wasn't at work so I could enjoy the twilight months of this brilliant game before it is ruined by incompetence on a biblical scale.

You didn't keep reading... or the Dev notes.... combat frenzy will still give ultimate from PvP. Before you cry the sky is falling learn to read everything.

Regular kills in PvP already gave ultimate, they will no longer give that ultimate. You will still get ultimate from PvP kills with combat frenzy. Calm yourself down.

Bunch of freaking cry babies.
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good players will find a way to manage with the ult gain change/nerf. Rest assured there will be some combination of abilities and armor that is optimal for group play for every class and the whiners will come out in droves. (With the notable exception of those who were buffed; they will be curiously silent and/or ambivalent.) With that said, the planned change to ulti generation will be poor news for those of us that enjoy bat-tanking zergs :)
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What exactly is awful about being able to use banner/batswarm/veil every 10 seconds? I think it is actually really good this way. If you are not dueling with super sustain builds etc most fights don't last long, most last only some seconds (real engagments; not hiding behind a wall waiting for enemies to breach). You won't be able to use many Ultimates any way.

The current Ultimate gain system is pretty much rewarding risk with Ultimate (apart from healing ultimate). If you stay back and pew pew you will get only low amounts of Ultimate. If you go balls-deep and take the risk of dieing you get more Ultimate.

Zergdiving will be a thing of the past with 1.6. The meta will be to hide in a zerg until you get your ultimate up, get ap for healing and tagging people with caltrops. Then Streak in the enemie zerg, use clouding swarm with some aoe. Streak back 1 second before the Ult runs out. Repeat.
    There's nothing special about Ultimate abilities if you can use them every 10 seconds. They might as well just add a 6th skill slot and remove Ultimates altogether.

The current zerg-dive meta is exactly as you say. Hide in a group, wait for Ultimate, run into group, use Ultimate and if you cannot gain enough Ultimate in a few seconds to drop another one, get out of the zerg. The only reason some builds last so long is because Light Armor + Ultimate gain is so ridiculous on Live.

Let's first try it in actual PvP on Live, it will probably not be as bad as you think.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's nothing special about Ultimate abilities if you can use them every 10 seconds. They might as well just add a 6th skill slot and remove Ultimates altogether.

The current zerg-dive meta is exactly as you say. Hide in a group, wait for Ultimate, run into group, use Ultimate and if you cannot gain enough Ultimate in a few seconds to drop another one, get out of the zerg. The only reason some builds last so long is because Light Armor + Ultimate gain is so ridiculous on Live.

Let's first try it in actual PvP on Live, it will probably not be as bad as you think.
    You can't spam it, that why it is something special. Once every 10 seconds really isn't much, if you stay alive for 10 seconds in an enemy zerg you deserve that Ultimate.

Moreover it is something to messure how good your build / playerskill is. If you are a pug you only get very few Ultimate points and your overall usefulness is very limited. If you can drop 3 negates while others only drop 1 you are a far "better" player.

The only thing that should be changed about the current Ultimate gain System is out of combat Ultimate gain. Spamming Healing Springs to get your Ultimate up is a very stupid mechanic and should be changed. Maybe removing the Ultimate you get from crit and introduce some buff to make up for it and it would be fine.

ZOS said they wanted to make small groups more viable in one of their live streams. Yet the changes done in 1.6 actually punish small groups.
    - AOE caps are still in place for many damage skills (steel tornado, impulse, talons, ... ).
    - Negate destroyed (= no resources back, not dispelling ground effects casted after the negate dropped). Although this effects both sides it is far more important for the small group to have a negate up as negate is protecting you from a lot of damage and fills up your resources. Negates win fights. In 1.6 you might remove 2 ground effects with it and give your allies some stupid buff but it wont protect you from much damage.
    - Ultimate gain. Having everyone dropping nearly the same amount of Ultimates favors the group with more players.
    - New AvA skill can be used against every group size. A small group will probably spammed with Ranged AvA Detonation skills from range while barely being able to apply own Bombs due to the long cast time.
    - Synergy nerf. The area in which you can use Synergies got reduced so you have to stand at the exact right spot to use it. This will make using Synergies a lot harder to activate. Some Synergies apparently scale off Stamina now (Lightning Splash - Conduit).

>320.000.000 AP
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't spam it, that why it is something special. Once every 10 seconds really isn't much, if you stay alive for 10 seconds in an enemy zerg you deserve that Ultimate.

Moreover it is something to messure how good your build / playerskill is. If you are a pug you only get very few Ultimate points and your overall usefulness is very limited. If you can drop 3 negates while others only drop 1 you are a far "better" player.

The only thing that should be changed about the current Ultimate gain System is out of combat Ultimate gain. Spamming Healing Springs to get your Ultimate up is a very stupid mechanic and should be changed. Maybe removing the Ultimate you get from crit and introduce some buff to make up for it and it would be fine.

ZOS said they wanted to make small groups more viable in one of their live streams. Yet the changes done in 1.6 actually punish small groups.
    - AOE caps are still in place for many damage skills (steel tornado, impulse, talons, ... ).
    - Negate destroyed (= no resources back, not dispelling ground effects casted after the negate dropped). Although this effects both sides it is far more important for the small group to have a negate up as negate is protecting you from a lot of damage and fills up your resources. Negates win fights. In 1.6 you might remove 2 ground effects with it and give your allies some stupid buff but it wont protect you from much damage.
    - Ultimate gain. Having everyone dropping nearly the same amount of Ultimates favors the group with more players.
    - New AvA skill can be used against every group size. A small group will probably spammed with Ranged AvA Detonation skills from range while barely being able to apply own Bombs due to the long cast time.

I agree with this. So. Much.

-Dalris
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently we should all join the zerg spam light attacks gain ulti use it and go back to the zerg...
    Cannot understand what drove ZOS to this decision which makes absolutely no sense to me.
    It's like the dont have have any grasp of the reality in pvp.
    I guess if we all QQ hard enough we might be heard...after all they always seem to submit to qq'ers.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭

- Synergy nerf. The area in which you can use Synergies got reduced so you have to stand at the exact right spot to use it. This will make using Synergies a lot harder to activate. Some Synergies apparently scale off Stamina now (Lightning Splash - Conduit).

Sanct knows the deal, I will continue to say it the zerk will win now cos the ultimate is what killed them, with everyone gaining a set cooldown amount they will steamroll everything with pure numbers
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Quantine
    Quantine
    ✭✭✭

Not so sure about that. A small group won't stack that much and can in theory easily spread if they get bomb spammed, don't you think? On one person the bomb doesn't do much harm, the damage stack from multiple bombs is what makes it powerful (if noone heals!). Would have to see how that works in practice ofc, but just wouldn't be so fast to judge.

What bothers me more is the apparently non-existent AoE caps removal (for most abilities) that we found out about yesterday. However, it should be unintended and hopefully they'll fix it...
    -Some Synergies apparently scale off Stamina now (Lightning Splash - Conduit).

Sure?? ZoS said Synergies scale off activator's higher attributes. Since most of you were stamina based yesterday (you were there when *** and Bananas tested, right?), maybe that's why you got those results? Have you tested with both stamina and magicka builds, then changed your stamina/magicka or spell dmg/wpn dmg to see if they scale? We gotta do it if you haven't.
    Edited by Quantine on 10 February 2015 16:12
    EU | AD | Banana Squad Inc | Arena | The Pariah | Keepers of Cyrodiil

Arulash, DK, rank 33
    Eledwhen Elmwoods, NB, rank 30
    Lil Aru, OP Templar healer, rank 23
    Aru on Flames, DK, rank 17

NA | EP | Banana Squad Inc
    Aru's Sis, DK
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone gains ultimate at the same standardized rate is amazing! Some personal passives and use of different skills/armour will be a variable of course but overall this change is amazing! Nightblades should not be able to gain 200 ulti in 5-10 seconds (in the right situation). This currently can also be done with certain spammable AEO's when you have good placement.

Besides the points above there will be no more super fast ulti gain where in certain groups who just fight with 1-2 AEO's 40% of the time and spend 60% of their time spamming healing springs (not to heal) to gain ulti.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭

The alliance war

Please read the patch notes correctly.

1. Firstly....Combat Frenzy has never given ultimate outside of Cyrodiil.
    2. Everytime you ever got a killing blow in Cyrodiil you got x amount of ulti for killing someone without any combat frenzy passives.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried running Werewolf's Hide on the PTS? That's the set that gains ultimate when you're struck. Is it viable?
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried running Werewolf's Hide on the PTS? That's the set that gains ultimate when you're struck. Is it viable?

Its already viable...
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Its already viable...

Is it OP then? :3
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone gains ultimate at the same standardized rate is amazing! Some personal passives and use of different skills/armour will be a variable of course but overall this change is amazing! Nightblades should not be able to gain 200 ulti in 5-10 seconds (in the right situation). This currently can also be done with certain spammable AEO's when you have good placement.

Besides the points above there will be no more super fast ulti gain where in certain groups who just fight with 1-2 AEO's 40% of the time and spend 60% of their time spamming healing springs (not to heal) to gain ulti.
    Why is it amazing? Do you have any arguments?

The current System rewards skillful play / organization. With the changes done in 1.6 numbers will prevail. I think that is a bad change.

Out of Combat Healing Ultimate gain makes no real sense so I would be up for changing it. Maybe they should've removed certain ways to gain Ultimate and replaced it with the buff. Like crit, block, etc now grant the 3 ult / sec buff instead of giving 1 Ultimate. Then your Ultimate gain would just depend on how much you heal and damage.