Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership”

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only happened i think because of the console players whining about having to pay a subscription...
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One negative effect of a system like this is that more time is spend creating new stuff for the cash shop than to fix bugs with stuff that have already been sold.

So the fixing of problems in the game will slow down.
    Options
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership.”

Find out more about the excellent in-game benefits that all ESO Plus members will enjoy in Tamriel Unlimited!

Well, We promised ourselves We would never post on the forums again but We are breaking that promise for this..

As you can see from the response coming from the Community, this is not a welcome change. Zenimax, you suck. Incredibly disappointed in what you have done and what you are doing.

Just.. very sad and very disappointed.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame the sub model couldn't survive the console launch, but that's down to the way console gaming is run.

I think this is the best option available, it sounds very much like the model adopted in TSW and it works well there.

People complaining about F2P need to recognise that this game is not going F2P, it is going B2P. The need to buy the box before being able to play the game goes a long way to preventing the kind of deterioration in the community that is prevalent in F2P games.

As for all the complaints about the change, they were as predictable as the change itself and my guess is that a good many of them will either not cancel over this or will be back soon after the change. It'll still be a very decent game, and it may just be a more populated and better game. I'm happy to wait and see.
    Options
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One negative effect of a system like this is that more time is spend creating new stuff for the cash shop than to fix bugs with stuff that have already been sold.

So the fixing of problems in the game will slow down.

Totally depends.

B2P + positive press from Update 6 + Console Release (looking at 2+ mil copies sold -> 120+ mil revenue)..I'm pretty sure they'll double the staff very fast..Also cash-shop doesn't really take much time to implement and maintain..
    Edited by Bloodfang on 21 January 2015 15:56
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this will be interesting. :disagree:

I can't say I am over the moon about this announcement but for the most part I don't see much changing for me.

My biggest worry is that we're going to see a repeat of SWTOR, where eventually the only worthwhile items (even just cosmetic) will come from the store. Meaning that the games content won't actually have meaningful items to grind for.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Well now the verified facts are staring us in the face. This will likely draw more players to the game. How does this financial model work for other games with regards to community and playability?
    Options
  • Frough
    Frough
    ✭✭✭
    Lol! So funny. Why have a discussion post? It's just going to get trolled all day. ZOS doesn't care about what we have to say and there's virtually nothing going to stop them from moving forward on this already done deal. This is very disappointing although not unexpected with how awful the launch went.

Buying health pots and soul gems is not 'convenience'. It's a very real advantage being able to not spend your gold on this and being allowed to spend your gold elsewhere because you've spent your real money on it.
    Options
  • Oskin
    Oskin
    Soul Shriven
    Normally don't post, but I've been a huge fan of ESO and been looking forward to playing the game after patches so much so that I wanted to support ZoS by keeping my subscription running even though I quit the game before patch 1.1.

This is a pretty big "FU" to those that stuck with the game. It's pretty damn disappointing, but we'll see how it goes. Every single game I've ever played with an ingame currency shop has completely messed up the gameplay in order to make money through it, and has had to divert resources & development time from other areas to foster people to buy from it.

The inclusion of potions in the shop shows that ZoS isn't going to be any different in that regard and must be telltale of other ways to get around having meaningful crafting, player economies and content in the game by throwing cash at the shop.

Again, I don't post normally and this might end up being good for the game in the long run, but initially it's incredibly disheartening and disappointing.

PS: Looking forward to all the "Buy our winter cosmetic santa hood & reindeer mount now! Limited time offer!" announcements, ads and facebook posts. Absolutely looking forward to that...
    Edited by Oskin on 21 January 2015 16:02
    Options
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    *** happen... Disappointing.
    Why, ZOS??? :'(
    PC EU
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone who really likes this game recommend another MMO for me (either that is out now or in development)?
    Options
  • Morticide828
    Morticide828
    ✭✭✭
    Your 'crown' store better have a *** flying mount dragon mount.

Seeing as you're pandering to casuals, I want to attack them from the sky :grinning:

Least you could do for us, seeing as we paid for your beta.
    Morticide Baen'ath - Dragonknight ●

● The Eight Divines ●

● NA ● AD ● DUNMER ●
    Options
  • Bastijer
    Bastijer
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    My biggest worry is that we're going to see a repeat of SWTOR, where eventually the only worthwhile items (even just cosmetic) will come from the store. Meaning that the games content won't actually have meaningful items to grind for.

Couldn't agree more. That's exactly the future of ESO. Time will say :/

Options
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    Worst idea from ZOS. Just why? You have a base of players, new content coming out, but you feel you need a cash shop? ZOS keeps saying play how you want. How does one do that? If the player base does not want the trolls of free to play to come and ruin a game experience. A cash shop is a lame idea and has ruined many games also...always turns to pay to win, just as bad. Why cant doing quests, staying sub'ed to the game for a period of time and getting optioned free items good enough. You are really going to have to explain yourselves for us to believe you guys now. Great job ZOS.
    Options
  • rstreaperb14_ESO
    rstreaperb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    way to go ZOS ruining a great game . I had so much hope for eso it is an amazing game and then you guys had to flush it all down the drain . Looks like it's time to cancel my sub and find something worth my time I am very disappointed.
    Options
  • Jessy1981
    Jessy1981
    ✭✭
    Personally I hate a 'pay to win' system. However it seems that if you go totally 'ftp' you will not be able to play certain content after a while and it will take serious more grinding to get stuff.
    If however you treat it like a monthly subscription it seems not much changes except a 10% bonus, a mount, costumes and a vanity pet. Also some soulgems if you really hate those pesky dailies. So not a huge diff.
    Basically it seems like if you don't continue your 'subscription' you will just have to grind a lot harder, if you do as before not much seems to change.
    So before going of the deep end about this 'ftp' mode, I will keep my cool and see what it does before making judgments. Trying to keep an open mind.
    Options
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, ZOS! @KiriX‌ asked the question: WHY?
    Options
  • Mishie04
    Mishie04
    Ugh.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time, read the signs folks. You all should have learned something here at least. As did I. Apparently I take some perverted kind of enjoyment out of this. That's a new low for me. But I'm going to savor the moment, fully aware of its pyrrhic nature.

Burn. Let it all burn!
    The-Elder-Scrolls-Warrior-Fire.jpg
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Satyros
    Satyros
    ✭✭
    I had high hopes for this game.
    Still hope it succedes, but I'm off the ship.

So sad to see another MMO suffer this fate.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me very sad:(

I would like to hope it won't change the game much, but there will be a lot of pressure to put stuff on the store for purchase with *crowns*. Also, the damn store better not be immersion breaking! Better not be accessible anywhere from the ui, but an actual building and npc!
    Options
  • BornDownUnder
    BornDownUnder
    ✭✭
    “Our fans are our biggest inspiration, and we’ve listened to their feedback on the entertainment experience they want,” said Matt Firor, Game Director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “We know that Elder Scrolls fans want choice when it comes to how they play and how they pay, and that is what they will get. We have made numerous changes to the game over the past year, and are confident this is a game that Elder Scrolls fans will love to play. Players can explore Tamriel with friends, battle creatures, craft, fish, steal, or siege. The choice is theirs. The game offers hundreds of hours of gameplay with unlimited adventures with one single game purchase. We can’t wait for everyone, whether they’ve played before or will be experiencing it for the first time, to begin adventuring in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.”

If you actually took real notice of the subscribers, it is overwhelmingly the OPPOSITE of being b2p or f2p...
    Options
  • Elderskrye
    Elderskrye
    ✭✭
    U can buy "convenience items" like Health Potions and Soul Gems! TriPots are the only thing that sells well. Another MonoCorp swooping in to scoop up the premium market. Change the copyright laws back to protecting the author, who is not a corporation. Teach the masses to use the built in spell checker.
    Options
  • Elderskrye
    Elderskrye
    ✭✭
    Try Star Citizen.
    Options
  • Satyros
    Satyros
    ✭✭
    By the way?
    The ESO-hates were correct all along.
    All we did was pay the beta/bug-fix of their game.
    Options
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    Now I think about cancel subscription... :'(
    PC EU
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! NO! WHY! I thought you Listened to your community! Day 1 in beta, 1550+ hrs live, PTS hrs. Was patient through all the bugs and growing pains from early access. Defended this game with all my heart to all the haters and trolls. Now you invite them? So disappointing!!! And I just re-subbed for 4 mo to fight the F2P "rumors". This hit me in the gut. I can't even log in right now. May stop playing today. This is a sad day for Nirn...... So sad...:(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incoming in the shop soon..

Lockboxes with "potentially" special loot in them.....
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • Elderskrye
    Elderskrye
    ✭✭
    I'll think I'll stay awhile, since I skipped the first six months anyway, and have the free time now. I'll dump them in April when I'm otherwise busy again. At least they got me to be active on the forum. Good work, ZOS.
    Options
  • Bakkabakka89
    Bakkabakka89
    Soul Shriven
    They say that they pay close attention to community feedback on these forums.... reading all of these comments makes that really hard to believe. They have to know that everyone is angry about this.
    Edited by Bakkabakka89 on 21 January 2015 16:10
    Options
This discussion has been closed.